PDA

View Full Version : Will Safina ever get back to even top 20 or better

NadalAgassi
01-13-2011, 06:00 PM
Will Dinara Safina ever got back on track and get back to even the top 20 or maybe the top 10. She is defending a round of 16 result at the Australian Open and with her 1st round loss (for those who dont know she drew Kim 1st round) she will drop alot more points and drop to an even lower rank than she has now, maybe out of the top 100.

kishnabe
01-13-2011, 06:28 PM
I don't know it is up to her...I don't know why she is losing so many matches....is it her back problems. Can't she slowly work hard physcially and come back like before.

I would rather see her win RG once...and that is it! 2008,2009 was her best chance!

NadalAgassi
01-13-2011, 07:01 PM
I dont know if she is completely over her back problems or not. She says she is, and if that is so it is mostly mental. Or maybe the tour has figured her out and she needs to change her game.

She keeps getting brutal draws so far this year. Drawing Kim in the 1st round of the Australian Open is the worst luck possible.

NadalAgassi
02-01-2011, 12:03 AM
Well she is out of the top 100 now. I guess she is starting from scratch almost now.

Mack-2
02-01-2011, 04:40 AM
She should let Marat help her with her mental problems :twisted:

TheBoom
02-01-2011, 05:13 AM
She should let Marat help her with her mental problems :twisted:

Hey thats a great idea! I don't think the women smash rackets enough :twisted:

THUNDERVOLLEY
02-01-2011, 09:30 PM
Well she is out of the top 100 now. I guess she is starting from scratch almost now.

She's a hack player with no strategy, purpose, or creative thinking on court. That, and her utter failure to win a major while in her "prime" probably means she will never reach the top 20 again--and on another note--win a major.

christo
02-01-2011, 09:38 PM
The highway of women's pro tennis is littered with burnt out wrecks, Dokic, Lucic, Safina etc. Once the engine is blown, it's off the dealer to find a new model. I hope they managed to save some money, it's a cold world out there. Maybe we'll see them playing WTT, BJK's version of an animal rescue center. Sharapova got it right, pimp yourself out while you can, endorsements are way better paying than actually trying to win a tournament.:)

SirGounder
02-01-2011, 10:08 PM
I personally think she can make it back. Whether or not she actually does make it happen is a different story. You have to be somewhat decent to make it to number 1, no matter how the ranking system works. She'll definitely have to make some major adjustments to her game, like completely revamping it, but it could happen.