karlovicfan#1
01-13-2011, 08:22 PM
i am 7 feet tall and im good at minton

flyinghippos101
01-13-2011, 08:37 PM
I love backhand smashes

atatu
01-13-2011, 09:16 PM
Go to Indonesia...get killed...revise post.

LameTennisPlayer
01-13-2011, 10:13 PM
pfffttt badminton spatminton....

JoelDali
01-14-2011, 12:10 AM
If Badminton was a person I would put a shotgun below its chin and pull the trigger.

Badminton destroyed my 2HBH when I was 14.

I hate you badminton.

stanton warrior
01-14-2011, 03:13 AM
If Badminton was a person I would put a shotgun below its chin and pull the trigger.

Badminton destroyed my 2HBH when I was 14.

I hate you badminton.

I know what you mean. Table tennis was the reason why my forehand was utter sh1t for 2 years, it was all wrist and no arm/core/legs.

Badminton just bored me, so I'd let it live :)

tennytive
01-14-2011, 04:20 AM
Badminton was my best game. Only played in college, but lost only twice in 4 years.
Really helps the reflexes and a tennis ball seems to take all day to reach me compared to that little birdie.

My level of skill/achievement would be:

Badminton
Table Tennis
Tennis
Racquetball

Never tried Squash, Handball, or Paddle Tennis, so can't comment. Racquetball screwed up my tennis strokes so bad that I had to give it up.

Sentinel
01-14-2011, 04:53 AM
Not amazin. but i played a few years back for a few months and loved it. and was good at it too.

i'd love to get back into it. its very popular here in india, everyone plays it in backyards, alleys, parks. little kids, moms, guys etc.

every house that has children has baddie rackets. I'd love to promote it as a national sport instead of that stupid game, hockey.

kOaMaster
01-14-2011, 06:15 AM
I play badminton on an almost daily basis, at least twice a week, usually five times. If not Badminton it's football, ice hockey, skiing, tennis or unihockey (floorball) aside.

Too bad Switzerland is not really THE sport around here and I started way too late to get to the national top.

But the top100-200 of switzerland would be possible (from I don't know, 10'000 licensed and 60'000 amateur players?)

b.termite
01-14-2011, 03:35 PM
I actually started playing tennis from badminton! Surprisingly though my overhead sucks.

juanparty
01-14-2011, 03:57 PM
hey dude check this out; My last name is Badminton.

sureshs
01-14-2011, 04:48 PM
Not amazin. but i played a few years back for a few months and loved it. and was good at it too.

i'd love to get back into it. its very popular here in india, everyone plays it in backyards, alleys, parks. little kids, moms, guys etc.

every house that has children has baddie rackets. I'd love to promote it as a national sport instead of that stupid game, hockey.

Do you play tennis now? :-)

Markov
01-15-2011, 04:55 AM
I can say I'm pretty good at it, even though I hate the game nowadays. It's because my dad had an obsession to making me a top badminton player. When I was a child, I had to train ridiculously much. Although I had some success at even the most serious tournaments in my country, I grew to hate it to the bone. Now it's mostly tennis and athletics for me, but I still play badminton at times, because it's not that disgusting when you're not forced to play it.

Golden Retriever
01-15-2011, 05:02 AM
I am so bad at BADminton.

mr_eko
01-15-2011, 08:08 AM
Is anybody else amazing at badminton??

Post a video to show us how good you are.

Larrysümmers
01-15-2011, 09:57 AM
Post a video to show us how good you are.

hes the one in the yellow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G2ac6XZbC8

tennisnoob3
01-15-2011, 10:22 AM
I play badminton on an almost daily basis, at least twice a week, usually five times. If not Badminton it's football, ice hockey, skiing, tennis or unihockey (floorball) aside.

Too bad Switzerland is not really THE sport around here and I started way too late to get to the national top.

But the top100-200 of switzerland would be possible (from I don't know, 10'000 licensed and 60'000 amateur players?)

unihockey looks pretty cool, so does handball. Europe has a bunch of pretty fun games that would be pretty awesome in america.

can you clarify the second bolded statement? lol

Rui
01-15-2011, 12:35 PM
I started playing badminton in college. I could always beat almost all of my tennis friends. I played a couple of college intermural tournament against a couple of real badminton players and won (best of 1 matches).

Thinking I was really good, I entered a big badminton tournament where players came from all over the country to play. I played the C level (where A is best). I lost in the first round in a close match.

I realized, I wasn't that good.

Shangri La
01-15-2011, 01:02 PM
I started playing badminton in college. I could always beat almost all of my tennis friends. I played a couple of college intermural tournament against a couple of real badminton players and won (best of 1 matches).

Thinking I was really good, I entered a big badminton tournament where players came from all over the country to play. I played the C level (where A is best). I lost in the first round in a close match.

I realized, I wasn't that good.

Pretty good for someone started playing this late.

big bang
01-15-2011, 03:59 PM
Sure guys come to Denmark and lets see how good you are:)
only 5,5 million ppl and we produce some of the best players and been doing so for many many years.
I started with badminton 6 years old and stopped at 16 because I liked tennis more. I played most of the big names and beat several of them as a junior.
I played quite a few international junior-events around Europe and you very rarely saw a player that could compete with any of the Danes.

salsainglesa
01-15-2011, 04:20 PM
I played badminton on elementary school. Just lost once in a district tourney in the capital city, Mexico.
My smash is amazing because of this I think! its feared! lol

kOaMaster
01-15-2011, 04:31 PM
unihockey looks pretty cool, so does handball. Europe has a bunch of pretty fun games that would be pretty awesome in america.

can you clarify the second bolded statement? lol

lol - sorry - replace Switzerland with Badminton. I wanted to say that Badminton in Switzerland is not very popular as a sport to play in a club, most people prefer some "feather ball fun"

Sure guys come to Denmark and lets see how good you are:)
only 5,5 million ppl and we produce some of the best players and been doing so for many many years.
I started with badminton 6 years old and stopped at 16 because I liked tennis more. I played most of the big names and beat several of them as a junior.
I played quite a few international junior-events around Europe and you very rarely saw a player that could compete with any of the Danes.

I know, I know. Have been to Denmark (Lyngby) with a national selection in a camp. The support and status of badminton is way higher, amazing. Couldn't tell, but to me it looked like badminton is almost equally popular as football (in terms of members) - which is very rare in Europe.
But the Danes aren't alone on top - not anymore. It just that you have about three or four times as many as others ;)
(and still pale compared to China....*big gap*.....and Korea and Indonesia)

big bang
01-15-2011, 05:23 PM
lol - sorry - replace Switzerland with Badminton. I wanted to say that Badminton in Switzerland is not very popular as a sport to play in a club, most people prefer some "feather ball fun"

I know, I know. Have been to Denmark (Lyngby) with a national selection in a camp. The support and status of badminton is way higher, amazing. Couldn't tell, but to me it looked like badminton is almost equally popular as football (in terms of members) - which is very rare in Europe.
But the Danes aren't alone on top - not anymore. It just that you have about three or four times as many as others ;)
(and still pale compared to China....*big gap*.....and Korea and Indonesia)
Badminton is the second most popular sport here although its in slight decline now.

I dont think the other top nations are better than us, its just that they have so many more players to choose between. Right now we got the #1 mens double team and are in top 5 constantly in mens single and mixed doubles.
The rankings change alot in badminton compared to tennis, on the mens side there are so many equally strong players so the rankings change all the time.

Note: badminton players who also play tennis are very good at serving and overhead in general. The biggest servers I know used to play badminton!.

Sentinel
01-15-2011, 08:43 PM
Do you play tennis now? :-)
what's that. I am a 4.5 rated badminton player, i play with a Wilson Prostaff and a one handed backhand. Any more questions ?

ProgressoR
01-16-2011, 01:00 AM
I used to play a LOT of badminton when younger and won tournaments and was county champion blah blah blah. Played a lot of ping pong too similar results.Two interesting things I noticed since i took up tennis last year.

- serve is the only stroke I have never had a lesson on, I can do the basics and could hit it (quite) hard and (quite) accurately the first time i tried to serve in tennis, since then i am working on spin etc but the basic action feels natural, though of course techincally it needs a lot of improvement to be very good
2- Ping pong made my strokes whippy and wristy and it took a while to get rid of that on my FH and BH on tennis

3- (I know I said 2) - when playing ping pong the spin is ridiculous, and when I was told a racket with strings can impart spin on the ball it sounded crazy, but now I know its true, i still find it surprising

15_ounce
01-16-2011, 03:50 AM

LOL. I grew up there, and I wasn't very good at it. For some reason I just couldn't seem to hit shuttlecocks fast and hard like my classmate who was a champion. I prefer to hit tennis balls.

sureshs
01-18-2011, 09:26 AM
i play with a Wilson Prostaff and a one handed backhand

Tennis or badminton?

mr_eko
01-18-2011, 12:43 PM
hes the one in the yellow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G2ac6XZbC8

No way! The guy in the black is my cousin, Lin Dan.

kOaMaster
01-26-2011, 11:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68cYun0xCAI

Fugazi
01-26-2011, 11:32 AM
lolll Good one!