PDA

View Full Version : Did your zodiac sign change?

Sup2Dresq
01-14-2011, 09:28 AM
Will you keep your old one?

Change of zodiac signs.

Zodiac Signs Are Changing As We Know Them
Astrologers say the entire alignment has shifted
Many people are now asking themselves, “Hey, baby. What’s my sign?” According to astronomers, there is reason to add a new zodiac sign to the mix, which shifts the entire alignment.
Posted: 10:24 AM Jan 14, 2011
Reporter: Jodi Baker
Email Address: sixonline@wowt.com

http://www.wowt.com/news/headlines/Z...4.html?ref=394

Another link

http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/01/13/...-zodiac-signs/

Capricorn: Jan. 20-Feb. 16.
Aquarius: Feb. 16-March 11.
Pisces: March 11-April 18.
Aries: April 18-May 13.
Taurus: May 13-June 21.
Gemini: June 21-July 20.
Cancer: July 20-Aug. 10.
Leo: Aug. 10-Sept. 16.
Virgo: Sept. 16-Oct. 30.
Libra: Oct. 30-Nov. 23.
Scorpio: Nov. 23-29.
Ophiuchus: Nov. 29-Dec. 17.  (Yep, this one is new — read all about the Ophiuchus way of life here)
Sagittarius: Dec. 17-Jan. 20.

What are u now?

jmverdugo
01-14-2011, 11:01 AM
In theory mine changed, but I really do not care too much about signs. I am keeping my usual sign though, i feel more like a Piscis than an Aquarius. Kind of funny though, still a water sign.

Fee
01-14-2011, 11:38 AM
I'm stunned to see so many people that are taking this stuff seriously. I honestly thought the astrology silliness was just for the uneducated masses. I am especially surprised to see so-called good Christians giving this any attention. When I was growing up my mother taught me in no uncertain terms that astrology had no place in the lives of the faithful believers in God.

jamesblakefan#1
01-14-2011, 11:44 AM
FWIW only people born after 2009 were effected, but in theory I missed mine changing by only one day (Dec 18 ).

hollywood9826
01-14-2011, 11:55 AM
Was Aries now Pisces. Ill take the Ram over the fish. The only one I would have accepted as a new one is capricorn.

It has nothing to do with the stars. And more to do with.

"Billy Ray Valentine, Capricorn"

http://www.filmdope.com/Gallery/ActorsM/12564-19933.gif

vive le beau jeu !
01-14-2011, 12:43 PM
i was hippo, now i'm platypus.

Polaris
01-14-2011, 12:55 PM
Don't care either way. Astrology is bunk.

hollywood9826
01-14-2011, 01:03 PM

Says the guy with the screen name of the north star.

r2473
01-14-2011, 03:08 PM
Yes. This frickin sucks.

This is the dawning of the age of Capricorn

Just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Sup2Dresq
01-14-2011, 03:15 PM
I'm stunned to see so many people that are taking this stuff seriously. I honestly thought the astrology silliness was just for the uneducated masses. I am especially surprised to see so-called good Christians giving this any attention. When I was growing up my mother taught me in no uncertain terms that astrology had no place in the lives of the faithful believers in God.

Lol. Define serious? This is the TW forum?

All in good fun.

Rippy
01-14-2011, 03:20 PM
Are they actually changing or have a few astrologers just said "maybe they should be changed"?

Obviously astrology a load of rubbish, but it is quite common for people to know their star sign, so I would be surprised if they changed them.

Topaz
01-14-2011, 03:24 PM
Fee...is Saturnalia approved by the good Christians?

-Topaz, once a Capricorn, now a Saggitarius

Fee
01-14-2011, 05:24 PM

Word.

Says the guy with the screen name of the north star.

Astronomy and astrology are not the same thing.

Lol. Define serious? This is the TW forum?

All in good fun.

I was referring to people around me in general, not this forum

Fee...is Saturnalia approved by the good Christians?

-Topaz, once a Capricorn, now a Saggitarius

I wouldn't know, I'm not a good Christian. I am an agnostic or something. From what I gather, Christians only approve of pagan holidays once they co-opt and rename them. :)

Fedace
01-14-2011, 05:41 PM
Mine changed to Capricorn. i was aquarius and i liked that better. I wonder how this will affect everyone's lives ?

vive le beau jeu !
01-15-2011, 03:39 AM
Mine changed to Capricorn. i was aquarius and i liked that better. I wonder how this will affect everyone's lives ?
according to astrology.com, it will have a significant boosting effect on your success with girls...
(if needed)

Jaewonnie
01-15-2011, 07:35 AM
Well, I guess I'm not a killer virus anymore. Nor a crab.

Dave M
01-15-2011, 07:40 AM
Word.
I wouldn't know, I'm not a good Christian. I am an agnostic or something. From what I gather, Christians only approve of pagan holidays once they co-opt and rename them. :)

Careful you'll have people thinking with comments like that!

babbette
01-15-2011, 10:36 AM
Yes I was Leo but now i'm the C word.
Some are saying that signs might not have changed though.

I never believed in this stars signs thing anyway. LEO FOREVER THO!! http://emoticons4u.com/sad/014.gif

Polaris
01-15-2011, 06:18 PM
Yes. This frickin sucks.

This is the dawning of the age of Capricorn

Just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Good one! :)

Sentinel
01-15-2011, 08:36 PM
what is all this ? Why would zodiac signs change ?

p.s. i don;'t believe in this stuff, but just asking.

Polaris
01-15-2011, 09:02 PM
what is all this ? Why would zodiac signs change ?

p.s. i don;'t believe in this stuff, but just asking.

Senti, astronomers determined that, owing to the precession of the earth's axis over the past few millennia since the zodiac signs were set, it so happens that the sun - as viewed from the earth - spends a time duration in the constellations that is different from that stipulated by the zodiac. Additionally, the ecliptic (sun's apparent path through the sky) passes through a constellation called Ophiuchus, which is not represented in the conventional zodiac.

Hence, the proposal is to shift the signs to make space for Ophiuchus. That, at least, is the scientific explanation.

RealityPolice
01-18-2011, 12:35 PM
If they want to be accurate, they'd also have to add the constellation Cetus (the Sun and planets occasionally travel in its confines as they wander near the Ecliptic); I believe there are several others as well.

Manus Domini
01-18-2011, 12:46 PM
I follow Western Astrology, which is not affected by this, not Sidereal, which is. This is a new constellation, not a new Zodiac sign. Thus I am still a Scorpio :_

Andres
01-18-2011, 01:46 PM
According to that article, mine didn't change by a couple of days.

Not that I believe in this stuff, but still.

FloridaAG
01-18-2011, 02:09 PM
I was, am and will always be a Taurus. My b-day falls in the range that was not affected even if the changes happen

RealityPolice
01-20-2011, 06:48 AM
I follow Western Astrology, which is not affected by this, not Sidereal, which is. This is a new constellation, not a new Zodiac sign. Thus I am still a Scorpio :_

Not sure what you mean by "new" constellation; Ophiuchus has been recognized as a constellation since (at least) ancient Greece.

MuscleWeave
01-20-2011, 11:07 AM
I'm wondering about the earth teetering on its axis. That's what they're saying is causing this. And no, I don't know who "they" are.

Like Fedace, I was just booted out of the Aquarian Cloud, down to Capricornian Land. And I don't think I like it much either. I liked managing the water flow.

MW

Tchocky
01-21-2011, 08:36 AM
I thought I was a Scorpio all my life, now I find out that I'm a Libra. This is like finding out I was adopted. When are the newspapers going to reflect this change?