PDA

View Full Version : Chopin: The Official Thread

Chopin
01-14-2011, 09:59 PM
Poster-modernism has a new name:

Chopin!

Welcome to Chopin: The Official Thread!

This thread will be a beacon of light for all things related to Club Chopin. Please discuss anything that relates to Chopin and his supporters, including but not limited to:

--The legendary debates between Chopin and the Historians.

--Rod Laver

--Club Chopin membership

--Gold Star Posters of the Week

--Friends of Club Chopin

--Banned poster sightings

--Ideas for the Masterpiece Collection

Also, for a limited time, I'll be answering questions from members. While these questions can be about anything (e.g. views on women, politics, sports, chess openings), I reserve the right to not answer any questions which jeopardize the reputation of Club Chopin and its esteemed place on the Boards.

I'd also like to take this moment to announce that I'll be challenging poster BorgNumberOne, who is a both a gentleman and a scholar, to a debate. Details to follow!

And finally, many thanks to my many supporters.

Best,
Chopin

Sentinel
01-15-2011, 02:18 AM
Hi
I am sentinel. I am post-human.

Dilettante
01-15-2011, 02:25 AM
Hi
I am Dilettante. I am post-ing here.

jswinf
01-15-2011, 08:52 AM
My question is: Is it true that there is a thin line between egomania and over-compensation for a deep-seated sense of inadequacy?

Chopin
01-15-2011, 09:55 AM
My question is: Is it true that there is a thin line between egomania and over-compensation for a deep-seated sense of inadequacy?

"Already with you, that which you need."

Meditate on this.

Lionheart392
01-15-2011, 10:26 AM
One of the reasons I respect Chopin is because he writes very well and when debating with other forum members, he never resorts to petty name-calling. It's a shame others can't learn from him.

tennisnoob3
01-15-2011, 01:32 PM
can you explain your view on tina? (***bonus question**) can you list all her names in chronological order after being banned?.

aceX
01-15-2011, 01:36 PM
Does anyone play chess tennis? (see chess boxing)

r2473
01-15-2011, 02:49 PM
If I wanted to post naked pictures of myself, could I do that in this thread?

aceX
01-15-2011, 02:50 PM
depends if you have gender

Sentinel
01-15-2011, 06:55 PM
You could post naked pics of your pet dog or cat.

Chopin
01-15-2011, 07:04 PM
One of the reasons I respect Chopin is because he writes very well and when debating with other forum members, he never resorts to petty name-calling. It's a shame others can't learn from him.

Thank you, Lionheart. I very much enjoy your avatar.

Chopin
01-15-2011, 07:04 PM
Does anyone play chess tennis? (see chess boxing)

Explain, good sir!

Chopin
01-15-2011, 07:17 PM
can you explain your view on tina? (***bonus question**) can you list all her names in chronological order after being banned?.

I hesitate to answer this question (like the sun hesitating to peak through the clouds on a rainy day). Alas though, the sun will shine:

Tina was a unique poster who simply got carried away and violated forum rules and policies. In some ways Tina was the Anakin Skywalker of the Boards. This works well as I tend to think of myself as Obi-Wan Kenobi type character. I can only wish Tina well in her personal life, though I refuse let her smear my good reputation on the Boards. Some have questioned the zealousness with which I've argued against her return, but I assure you, I have valid reasons. What's more is that the history I provide below (which answers your bonus question) shows how this poster is violating forum rules with alternate accounts.

History of a Fallen Jedi

Tina
W.C.
H20
Soften
Photo

*I've heard rumors that she's back under a new name, though I can't comment on this ongoing investigation. I do ask members of Club Chopin to "do the right thing."

Mike Bulgakov
01-15-2011, 07:21 PM
You could post naked pics of your pet dog or cat.
Anonymous dog in a tuxedo: Sentinel, my dear sir, I will not disrobe for the prurient jollies of everyone who reads Chopin's thread!
http://www.dreamdogs.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/dog-tuxedo.jpg

Sentinel
01-15-2011, 07:29 PM
Chopin, could you please tell us something about yourself. why are you so great ?

I've been on this forum a long time, I know of many greats (great posters, great trolls, great jokers..), and many who fell short. Somehow you've missed my radar completely.

who are you ?? what's your claim to fame?

Sincerely,
Senti

SFrazeur
01-15-2011, 08:37 PM
Oh Great Chopin. . .

How did your connections fair with bringing the RD-7 back?

-SF

Chopin
01-15-2011, 08:39 PM
Chopin, could you please tell us something about yourself. why are you so great ?

I've been on this forum a long time, I know of many greats (great posters, great trolls, great jokers..), and many who fell short. Somehow you've missed my radar completely.

who are you ?? what's your claim to fame?

Sincerely,
Senti

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLrpBLDWyCI&feature=related

Chopin
01-15-2011, 08:41 PM
Oh Great Chopin. . .

How did you're connections fair with bringing the RD-7 back?

-SF

Patience! Seriously, I have no idea why the Ti-80 gets all the love. :)

Chopin
01-15-2011, 08:42 PM
Guys, this song inspires me to reach for new posting horizons:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ze7MjZmKZRc

SFrazeur
01-15-2011, 10:56 PM
Guys, this song inspires me to reach for new posting horizons:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ze7MjZmKZRc

I often find inspiration here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

-SF

Sentinel
01-15-2011, 11:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLrpBLDWyCI&feature=related
i expected this to be a link that tells me more about you, how cool i thought, and i got some 7 second video titled "why you fail" and something i could not hear by some funny creature.

Don't know what to make. I guess I;ll just leave you to your own whatever. bye guys. enjoy yourselves.

ProgressoR
01-15-2011, 11:51 PM
creating a thread about yourself and your club? I dont get it.

Do you feel you need to do this? I have not heard others promote your club, which would have been the case if it was well known or widely respected, I presume.

I have no negative feelings at all towards you, just very curious, as to the motive behind this thread, please enlighten me if you wish to.

Good Luck.

jester911
01-16-2011, 03:45 AM
This falls under: The only two things keeping me from being rich and famous.

1. I have no money.
2. No one knows who I am.

Legend of Borg
01-16-2011, 04:17 AM
What is the purpose of Club Chopin?

Does it give you special trolling privileges?

Do you get prizes?

Rabbit
01-16-2011, 07:04 AM

Well...not really true. Chopin makes back handed remarks about the "tennis historians" all the time. This is name calling and inciteful.

Rabbit
01-16-2011, 07:05 AM
What is the purpose of Club Chopin?

Does it give you special trolling privileges?

Do you get prizes?

This is another attempt to break his own arm patting himself on the back.

Legend of Borg
01-16-2011, 07:14 AM
Well...not really true. Chopin makes back handed remarks about the "tennis historians" all the time. This is name calling and inciteful.

I recall when he was ready to discredit Laver because his height did not match up with the so called "modern standards".

Not sure what Lionheart means.....

borg number one
01-16-2011, 07:38 AM
While I appreciate the compliment Chopin in this "Club Chopin" thread, I've got to say there are many "scholarly" posters on this site. Anyway, I like the John Lennon reference, but this thread has me thinking Planet P's "Why Me?", that great 80's tune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svl1t4b1RD4

Like others who have posted, I'm also very perplexed as to this whole "Club" concept. We all post here on TT, so aren't all of us in this "club" together already? Why start forming clubs within the club? As for debating, I don't mind debating, I do it all the time and actually do it for a living. Yet there's a limit to the scope here, since this is a tennis forum. Believe me, I enjoy debating politics and a whole set of topics with people that are well versed on the issues, even if they may disagree with me on certain issues. As a lawyer, I do that every day. As for tennis, it's a hobby and a passion and I enjoy talking and thinking about it and I plan to play for the rest of my life. As for debating, I'll gladly keep reading and posting here, and it's great that we can offer our opinions on tennis topics. We may not always agree, but that's life. Variety is the spice of life as they say, and we are not always going to agree on the things we often discuss. I just think it's important to recognize this since we so often enter into discussions here that necessarily involve both subjectivity and objectivity and which involve questions that have no right or wrong answers. We all tend to have our biases, so it's important to recognize what those might be.

dParis
01-16-2011, 08:06 AM
Club Chopin: Too Star Wars referencey.

I suppose this Chopin self gloss thread will go the way of the previous Chopin self gloss threads: Heaps of criticism dumped on the OP before the thread gets deleted, or ingloriously fades into Mike Tyson's bolivian...

No reason to exclude myself from the fun though...

History of a Fallen Jedi

Tina
W.C.
H20
Soften
Photo

*I've heard rumors that she's back under a new name, though I can't comment on this ongoing investigation. I do ask members of Club Chopin to "do the right thing."
The latest, failed, incarnation of the Crystal Diamond Bird, known (among other names) as Tina was "chuanchuan" or something close to that. It was a rather pathetic and brief run consisting mostly of threads concerning her hopes - and hopes for her new dress - for the upcoming Chinese New Year. The almost identical posts showed up in several sub-forums ranging from Odds and Ends to Pro Player Discussion. It all seemed rather desperate and I hope this wasn't Tina's "Andrew Cunanan in a Miami Beach houseboat" moment.

Chopin
01-16-2011, 08:52 AM
Boys, I'm impressed by the interest you're all showing in Club Chopin, and I assure you, when we begin accepting new members, you will all have an equal and fair chance of membership (if that's what this is all about).

Chopin
01-16-2011, 08:54 AM
i expected this to be a link that tells me more about you, how cool i thought, and i got some 7 second video titled "why you fail" and something i could not hear by some funny creature.

Don't know what to make. I guess I;ll just leave you to your own whatever. bye guys. enjoy yourselves.

Sentinel, please don't take the link the wrong way. I will be releasing some videos about myself and the Boards in coming days though, and I will be sure to show them to you when that day arrives.

Kind regards,
Chopin

Chopin
01-16-2011, 12:13 PM
Club Chopin: Too Star Wars referencey.

I suppose this Chopin self gloss thread will go the way of the previous Chopin self gloss threads: Heaps of criticism dumped on the OP before the thread gets deleted, or ingloriously fades into Mike Tyson's bolivian...

No reason to exclude myself from the fun though...

The latest, failed, incarnation of the Crystal Diamond Bird, known (among other names) as Tina was "chuanchuan" or something close to that. It was a rather pathetic and brief run consisting mostly of threads concerning her hopes - and hopes for her new dress - for the upcoming Chinese New Year. The almost identical posts showed up in several sub-forums ranging from Odds and Ends to Pro Player Discussion. It all seemed rather desperate and I hope this wasn't Tina's "Andrew Cunanan in a Miami Beach houseboat" moment.

I doubt that was her, honestly.

Chopin
01-16-2011, 01:34 PM
While I appreciate the compliment Chopin in this "Club Chopin" thread, I've got to say there are many "scholarly" posters on this site. Anyway, I like the John Lennon reference, but this thread has me thinking Planet P's "Why Me?", that great 80's tune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svl1t4b1RD4

Like others who have posted, I'm also very perplexed as to this whole "Club" concept. We all post here on TT, so aren't all of us in this "club" together already? Why start forming clubs within the club? As for debating, I don't mind debating, I do it all the time and actually do it for a living. Yet there's a limit to the scope here, since this is a tennis forum. Believe me, I enjoy debating politics and a whole set of topics with people that are well versed on the issues, even if they may disagree with me on certain issues. As a lawyer, I do that every day. As for tennis, it's a hobby and a passion and I enjoy talking and thinking about it and I plan to play for the rest of my life. As for debating, I'll gladly keep reading and posting here, and it's great that we can offer our opinions on tennis topics. We may not always agree, but that's life. Variety is the spice of life as they say, and we are not always going to agree on the things we often discuss. I just think it's important to recognize this since we so often enter into discussions here that necessarily involve both subjectivity and objectivity and which involve questions that have no right or wrong answers. We all tend to have our biases, so it's important to recognize what those might be.

Think of the Supreme Court, BorgNumberOne. They are all members of the same "club," per say, but if someone described the Court as members of the same club, would it really tell us much about the Court? In some ways, not so much. I'm more of a John Paul Stevens type-figure on the Boards, while other posters are more aligned with Scalia's stricter approach. On the one hand, there's Stevens, someone who's arguably a noninterpretivist, and on the other, Scalia, an originalist.

There are many reasons for Club Chopin's existence, but among other things it's served as a valuable rallying point against those who think that nostalgia has contaminated certain historical discussions, those who believe in civility and honorable discourse, and others who simply want to have a fun, enjoyable time on the Boards. Some posters take themselves and their arguments too seriously (or their tennis tennis heroes), and Club Chopin mixes things up by challenging long-held or deeply embedded beliefs.

As for the debate against you, well, I'd like to challenge Borg's legacy some in 2011. Perhaps more than any other poster, Borg's legacy has a component of mythicism to it. Borg is viewed as more machine than man by many posters, and quite frankly, this view dose not satisfy me. You're a big supporter of Borg, as well a fine and civil debater, so the challenge goes out to you. The threads will begin appearing in the next few months and you can do as you will with them. There will be some cross-generational discussions, where I consider if Borg would really stack up against an average pro today, as well as characters studies of Borg to determine whether or not he was really this "iceman" that some claim.

Anyhow, I know that my threads have had an impact on these Boards and given a voice to many posters who felt stifled by the Historians, who would react angrily to any dissent critical of the "legends" of the game. I take a lot of hits, over and over again, but where others told me I would fall, I've only grown more influential and stronger. In some ways I think of myself as like on the Star Trek aliens from the Original Series: absorbing the negative energy around me to create a beautiful testament to the Game, and civil, free discourse.

Kind Regards,
Chopin

Chopin
01-16-2011, 01:40 PM

Rabbit, you take yourself too seriously! Good God! Everything you say about me is negative, and you've called me many names over the years, yet still have the audacity to object to my use of the term, "historian," which I don't think is too terribly offensive.

Chopin
01-16-2011, 01:43 PM
Attention All Posters:

This thread is meant to be a fun thread, and I have no desire to engage in "flame wars" with posters who dislike me as a poster. So you don't like me, please act as a mature person would and ignore this thread.

borg number one
01-16-2011, 02:28 PM
Borg and "mysticism"? Interesting. I suppose you mean "aura". They do speak of that about him. John Lloyd said "Borg had that X factor, that magnetism that drew you to him. I don't know what it is, but he certainly had it." As for tennis in 2011, we have Nadal going for a fourth straight major, which would be a Grand Slam as defined by the ITF. So, Nadal is in the process of ascending the ranks. At this point, he's challenging the players in this era and Roger Federer as much as he is players of the past. That is something that is not subjective and debatable. We can talk about Nadal and Federer versus Laver, Sampras, Borg, and so on, but meanwhile, Nadal's accomplishments can be most clearly compared to the players of his own generation, the players that are in the 2011 AO for starters. So, what we can say with certainty is that if Nadal does win the title it will add to his growing list of accomplishments, but the Grand Slam would be extra special. As for Borg not being the "Iceman", I have to disagree. As for your take on the "Historians", well who exactly are they? How about someone who supports Sampras when a poster criticizes Sampras, but never watched Sampras actually play? Is that person a "Historian". How about in 5-10 years when Federer and then Nadal are perhaps no longer playing in the majors? When posters say that the current players would kill Federer and Nadal, and someone disagrees, will you call that person a "Historian". How exactly do you define the term "Historian"? I enjoy the Sport immensely and I enjoy reading and writing in this forum. There are many great posters here that have a lot of experiencing watching the sport closely. Furthermore, many have played the sport at a high level, while also having watched the sport for many years. So, there are varying degrees of tennis experience among posters, but what we all do have in common is a passion for Tennis. We all love the Sport and if we can have a civil discourse, it will be good for us and actually it will be good for the Sport itself. To a very large extent, the future of Tennis will be shaped by what we do as fans. If we encourage a deep appreciation for the Sport, fostered by a appreciation for its rich history, it will actually be good for the Sport. By doing so, younger players learn from the past and gain an appreciation for what makes this such a great Sport. So, I assert that the "Historians" are actually a very valuable resource. Tennis certainly didn't start just after Andy Roddick became #1 in the world.

accidental
01-16-2011, 02:42 PM
Thread backfire in progress

Chopin
01-16-2011, 03:42 PM
Borg and "mysticism"? Interesting. I suppose you mean "aura". They do speak of that about him. John Lloyd said "Borg had that X factor, that magnetism that drew you to him. I don't know what it is, but he certainly had it." As for tennis in 2011, we have Nadal going for a fourth straight major, which would be a Grand Slam as defined by the ITF. So, Nadal is in the process of ascending the ranks. At this point, he's challenging the players in this era and Roger Federer as much as he is players of the past. That is something that is not subjective and debatable. We can talk about Nadal and Federer versus Laver, Sampras, Borg, and so on, but meanwhile, Nadal's accomplishments can be most clearly compared to the players of his own generation, the players that are in the 2011 AO for starters. So, what we can say with certainty is that if Nadal does win the title it will add to his growing list of accomplishments, but the Grand Slam would be extra special. As for Borg not being the "Iceman", I have to disagree. As for your take on the "Historians", well who exactly are they? How about someone who supports Sampras when a poster criticizes Sampras, but never watched Sampras actually play? Is that person a "Historian". How about in 5-10 years when Federer and then Nadal are perhaps no longer playing in the majors? When posters say that the current players would kill Federer and Nadal, and someone disagrees, will you call that person a "Historian". How exactly do you define the term "Historian"? I enjoy the Sport immensely and I enjoy reading and writing in this forum. There are many great posters here that have a lot of experiencing watching the sport closely. Furthermore, many have played the sport at a high level, while also having watched the sport for many years. So, there are varying degrees of tennis experience among posters, but what we all do have in common is a passion for Tennis. We all love the Sport and if we can have a civil discourse, it will be good for us and actually it will be good for the Sport itself. To a very large extent, the future of Tennis will be shaped by what we do as fans. If we encourage a deep appreciation for the Sport, fostered by a appreciation for its rich history, it will actually be good for the Sport. By doing so, younger players learn from the past and gain an appreciation for what makes this such a great Sport. So, I assert that the "Historians" are actually a very valuable resource. Tennis certainly didn't start just after Andy Roddick became #1 in the world.

I think it's important to entertain the possibility that some of these legends weren't all that. It's like debates about the Founding Fathers of America--when people evoke Hamilton and Jefferson--shouldn't they point out that Hamilton and Jefferson hated each other or disagreed deeply about the direction of the country (or that Hamilton in particular was an elitist and Jefferson a thoroughgoing racist)? Obviously less is at "stake" here, but likewise, shouldn't we point it out if today's players are superior? I'm not saying they are, necessarily, but let's not stifle debate out of some idea that the game and its former players are too sacred to question.

As for Borg, your response is very interesting. You say you "disagree" about him "not being the 'iceman' " but I've yet to even make an argument. Very interesting.

And finally, you have a point about the term "historian," and perhaps in the future I'd do well to more thoroughly clarify what I mean by my lexicography.

Best,
Chopin

Sentinel
01-16-2011, 06:36 PM
Attention All Posters:

This thread is meant to be a fun thread, and I have no desire to engage in "flame wars" with posters who dislike me as a poster. So you don't like me, please act as a mature person would and ignore this thread.
we don;t know you, dear Chops. please tell us something about yourself rather than avoid the question. (No offence taken to the link, i was just puzzled).

Best
Sentinel.

CMM
01-16-2011, 09:48 PM
I think Chopin and Mother Marjorie could be soul mates.

Rabbit
01-17-2011, 11:33 AM
Rabbit, you take yourself too seriously! Good God! Everything you say about me is negative, and you've called me many names over the years, yet still have the audacity to object to my use of the term, "historian," which I don't think is too terribly offensive.

Nope, I don't take myself too seriously. I just find you terribly offensive.

Attention All Posters:

Your idea of fun differs vastly from the norm that I am used to.

With regard to unwelcomed responses, I would suggest in the future not baiting posters by including their names in your "for fun" threads. You see, that is your motus operandi. You throw something out there and after the melee starts, you claim the high road. Sorry, but I think everyone sees through what you consider a clever little ploy. You are the single most egocentric poster on these boards and just can't help going back to the well.

Rabbit
01-17-2011, 11:42 AM
I recall when he was ready to discredit Laver because his height did not match up with the so called "modern standards".

Not sure what Lionheart means.....

Oh, I think everyone has a chopin story.

My favorite ploy of his is when he throws one of his 'masterpieces' out there that centers on Laver vs some average pro. Then when he starts to get lambasted, he says he's working on a really interesting thread.

But, when the 'new' thread comes out, Laver's name is in the title versus some other averge pro. chopin is basically spell SSDD, he just never delivers. And, he really thinks his turn of the 19th century phrasing makes him read smarter. It doesn't, old boy...sport....chap.....

Chopin
01-17-2011, 11:44 AM
Nope, I don't take myself too seriously. I just find you terribly offensive.

Your idea of fun differs vastly from the norm that I am used to.

With regard to unwelcomed responses, I would suggest in the future not baiting posters by including their names in your "for fun" threads. You see, that is your motus operandi. You throw something out there and after the melee starts, you claim the high road. Sorry, but I think everyone sees through what you consider a clever little ploy. You are the single most egocentric poster on these boards and just can't help going back to the well.

Grow up. "Terribly offensive" my rump!

Chopin
01-17-2011, 11:46 AM
P.S. Rabbit, I've removed your name from the OP in a gesture of respect. Show me the same respect and stop personally attacking me.

Chopin
01-17-2011, 11:48 AM
we don;t know you, dear Chops. please tell us something about yourself rather than avoid the question. (No offence taken to the link, i was just puzzled).

Best
Sentinel.

I respectfully disagree. People do know about me on the Boards and the type of arguments I make; the type of stands that I make.

Legend of Borg
01-17-2011, 11:55 AM
I respectfully disagree. People do know about me on the Boards and the type of arguments I make; the type of stands that I make.

You tend to hover around the Former Players Forum.

Some posters have not really seen your true potential.

Maybe you could describe yourself in a few words?

Benevolent, omniscient, graceful?

Rabbit
01-17-2011, 02:26 PM
Grow up. "Terribly offensive" my rump!

Terribly offensive, yessiree.

P.S. Rabbit, I've removed your name from the OP in a gesture of respect. Show me the same respect and stop personally attacking me.

Thank you for that. The next step is to quit referring to the "historians" simply because a group of people (people with perspective mind you) have a different opinion than you do (however misguided yours is). You and I covered all this ground in a previous thread and the general consensus was you were roundly and soundly defeated by logical replies from me. Upon viewing the tenor of the thread, you quit replying and promptly bailed and then started another thread. Another thread I might add that was identical to the previous one. As a matter of fact, all your "Laver" threads are the same despite your claims to intellecutal greatness.

I attack you only as you attack the historians.

Chopin
01-17-2011, 02:57 PM
Terribly offensive, yessiree.

Thank you for that. The next step is to quit referring to the "historians" simply because a group of people (people with perspective mind you) have a different opinion than you do (however misguided yours is). You and I covered all this ground in a previous thread and the general consensus was you were roundly and soundly defeated by logical replies from me. Upon viewing the tenor of the thread, you quit replying and promptly bailed and then started another thread. Another thread I might add that was identical to the previous one. As a matter of fact, all your "Laver" threads are the same despite your claims to intellecutal greatness.

I attack you only as you attack the historians.

That's some revisionist history I've ever heard it. Sure, the "general consensus" was that I was "roundly and soundly defeated"; I guess that's why the vast majority of posters side with me and not you in, let's see, almost every single poll I create. Nice try, old sport. If you wish to ignore popular opinion (as you've done before), fine, but don't try to pick and choose.

I deleted your name, and that's all I'm going to do. I will continue to argue against the Historians for the rest of my life.

Chopin
01-17-2011, 02:58 PM
You tend to hover around the Former Players Forum.

Some posters have not really seen your true potential.

Maybe you could describe yourself in a few words?

Benevolent, omniscient, graceful?

I'd describe myself like rushing water over smooth rocks.

SuperDuy
01-17-2011, 04:47 PM
Who cares about the life of Choplin

Sentinel
01-17-2011, 06:41 PM
I think the last time Chops started a similar thread was just before a major.

Fifth Set
01-17-2011, 06:51 PM
Some posters take themselves and their arguments too seriously

Yeah, like those guys who name useless "clubs" after themselves and then start inane threads about such clubs. Errr, wait, there is only one guy doing that...

dParis
01-17-2011, 06:55 PM
I'd describe myself like rushing water over smooth rocks.
http://www.dreamstime.com/small-river-polluted-with-garbage-thumb6114182.jpg
http://photos.the-protagonist.net/albums/albuo37/7_G.jpg

Manus Domini
01-17-2011, 07:02 PM
Here is Chopin's life story: http://thanasis.com/echo.htm

Seriously, I know you love staring in a mirror, Chopin, but is this necessary? Your ridiculous club should draft, it is so lacking in influence and prestige that you claim it has...

Chopin
01-17-2011, 07:13 PM
http://www.dreamstime.com/small-river-polluted-with-garbage-thumb6114182.jpg
http://photos.the-protagonist.net/albums/albuo37/7_G.jpg

Interesting metaphor.

Chopin
01-17-2011, 07:24 PM
Anonymous dog in a tuxedo: Sentinel, my dear sir, I will not disrobe for the prurient jollies of everyone who reads Chopin's thread!
http://www.dreamdogs.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/dog-tuxedo.jpg

Guys, I know some of you are very angry, but look at the cute picture a thoughtful poster contributed to this thread. Pretend you're petting the dog and you'll feel better. Scratch its ear. There ya go.

Really guys, go read the OP, and see the posts on page one; posters are having fun, not taking anything too seriously. Then a few people who just don't "get it" come in and get all serious and start writing vitriol.

I didn't want to have to use this thread to teach you guys a lesson, but it looks like I have no choice. Examine your own actions in this thread and you'll see you've acted in an embarrassing and immature way, far worst than the very thing which you argue against.

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. I hope this thread has taught a few of you a lesson.

Best,
Chopin

Chopin
01-17-2011, 07:26 PM
Yeah, like those guys who name useless "clubs" after themselves and then start inane threads about such clubs. Errr, wait, there is only one guy doing that...

Who's the more foolish: the fool or the fool who follows him?

dParis
01-17-2011, 07:49 PM
I doubt that was her, honestly.
For Tina's sake, I hope you are correct but I think this may have been an attempt for her to take a different tack.

ronalditop
01-17-2011, 08:19 PM
Who the hell are the historians?

Chopin
01-17-2011, 08:38 PM
For Tina's sake, I hope you are correct but I think this may have been an attempt for her to take a different tack.

Maybe. Oh, well. It's out of my control. Thanks for your help, dParis.

Sentinel
01-18-2011, 12:09 AM
yeah, we've acted in an embarrassing and immature way. :)

ProgressoR
01-18-2011, 12:32 AM
Hey Chopin, for me to get a better idea of what this club is about (I still dont understand) can you provide a list of members of the club and it would be useful to hear from them the reasons why they joined your club.

To be honest I have not heard of it or know what it is about, and I have not seen your other threads (except the chess one), this would be useful info.

Rabbit
01-18-2011, 02:54 AM
yeah, we've acted in an embarrassing and immature way. :)

Oh my...that required a monitor clean up. :)

Dedans Penthouse
01-18-2011, 06:48 AM

Chopin!

This thread will be a beacon of light for all things related to Club Chopin. Please discuss anything that relates to Chopin and his supporters, including but not limited to:

--Rod Laver

--Club Chopin membership

--Gold Star Posters of the Week

--Friends of Club Chopin

--Banned poster sightings

--Ideas for the Masterpiece Collection

Also, for a limited time, I'll be answering questions from members. While these questions can be about anything (e.g. views on women, politics, sports, chess openings), I reserve the right to not answer any questions which jeopardize the reputation of Club Chopin and its esteemed place on the Boards.

I'd also like to take this moment to announce that I'll be challenging poster BorgNumberOne, who is a both a gentleman and a scholar, to a debate. Details to follow!

Best,
Chopinres ipsa loquitur

Rabbit
01-18-2011, 07:18 AM
res ipsa loquitur

Ole!!!!!!!

Manus Domini
01-18-2011, 08:41 AM
res ipsa loquitur

Tace, puer fatue. Chopin deus est. Non modo interrogas deum bonum sed etiam provocas ira aeterna Caelorum!

Chopin molestus est, scis.

Chopin
01-18-2011, 09:09 AM
Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves. I never criticized any of you on an individual level, but merely responded when you attacked me. You could have chosen to ignore this thread if the idea of someone having a club on a message board wasn't your cup of tea, but instead a few of you launched mean-spirited and immature attacks on me. Given the "substance" of your attacks, I guess the irony of the whole thing just flew right over your petty little heads.

What happened here was about your own egos, not mine.

P.S. I'm not the one continuing the assault, however "humorously" in Latin. That's also really mature: "Let's make fun of Chopin in another language!"

Chopin
01-18-2011, 09:12 AM
Hey Chopin, for me to get a better idea of what this club is about (I still dont understand) can you provide a list of members of the club and it would be useful to hear from them the reasons why they joined your club.

To be honest I have not heard of it or know what it is about, and I have not seen your other threads (except the chess one), this would be useful info.

Hello, good friend. I'd be happy to tell you more as soon as the thread has calmed down. I'm hoping at least one of these flamers will leave and stop ruining this thread.

JoelDali
01-18-2011, 09:25 AM
Chopin is touched by the fingertips of God.

All of his posts breathe immortality.

This thread shall live on, beyond immortal. Beyond Chpoin himself.

Manus Domini
01-18-2011, 09:53 AM
Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves. I never criticized any of you on an individual level, but merely responded when you attacked me. You could have chosen to ignore this thread if the idea of someone having a club on a message board wasn't your cup of tea, but instead a few of you launched mean-spirited and immature attacks on me. Given the "substance" of your attacks, I guess the irony of the whole thing just flew right over your petty little heads.

What happened here was about your own egos, not mine.

P.S. I'm not the one continuing the assault, however "humorously" in Latin. That's also really mature: "Let's make fun of Chopin in another language!"

Maybe if you named it something aside from "Club Chopin" and claimed bunches of people loved you and your club, it would be different story. It is your narcissim, your ego, your self-worship that have brought this upon you. Do you see Club Surehs, or Club Senti, or Club Manus Domini (not that I am stupid enough to think I have followers for a group)? No, that is not the case. You wish to see yourself at the top, and your arrogant attempt to rise to power is what brought this upon you.

It is you who claims to be of eloquent speaking. Well, if you are so eloquent, you should at least know some classical language. We believed you would understand, with your genius and intelligence. I guess not.

There is no irony. We are not acting in self-interested manners, as you are. We are not Odraistas or Peronistas who name parties after ourselves. Those of us who criticize you do so because you have arrogance and hubris in your writings that angers us. The galimatias you pull by virtually declaring yourself as God is what triggers our attacks and acerbic comments. Maybe getting rid of your messianic complex could help you a little, eh?

There is no group that has formed to oppose you. There are no "Legendary debates between Chopin and the Historians". Next you are going to spout you are the enemy of the purists. And the irony here is that you bear the avatar of the classical Chopin but argue against any group of classicists that deny your modernist views.

JoelDali
01-18-2011, 10:00 AM
Maybe if you named it something aside from "Club Chopin" and claimed bunches of people loved you and your club, it would be different story. It is your narcissim, your ego, your self-worship that have brought this upon you. Do you see Club Surehs, or Club Senti, or Club Manus Domini (not that I am stupid enough to think I have followers for a group)? No, that is not the case. You wish to see yourself at the top, and your arrogant attempt to rise to power is what brought this upon you.

It is you who claims to be of eloquent speaking. Well, if you are so eloquent, you should at least know some classical language. We believed you would understand, with your genius and intelligence. I guess not.

There is no irony. We are not acting in self-interested manners, as you are. We are not Odraistas or Peronistas who name parties after ourselves. Those of us who criticize you do so because you have arrogance and hubris in your writings that angers us. The galimatias you pull by virtually declaring yourself as God is what triggers our attacks and acerbic comments. Maybe getting rid of your messianic complex could help you a little, eh?

There is no group that has formed to oppose you. There are no "Legendary debates between Chopin and the Historians". Next you are going to spout you are the enemy of the purists. And the irony here is that you bear the avatar of the classical Chopin but argue against any group of classicists that deny your modernist views.

http://www.wildsound-filmmaking-feedback-events.com/images/superman_fighting.jpg

r2473
01-18-2011, 10:38 AM

I'll try to get these posted soon. I wasn't happy with the ones I had taken over the weekend. Didn't capture the artistic perfection of my glutes.

Chopin
01-18-2011, 10:40 AM
http://www.wildsound-filmmaking-feedback-events.com/images/superman_fighting.jpg

Thanks, Gold Star. Nice to see a friendly face. Let's focus on fun, not conflict. Gosh. :-)

Chopin
01-18-2011, 10:51 AM

Kid, don't try to lecture me.

"There is no irony. We are not acting in self-interested manners, as you are."

Right. I suppose that's why you are defending yourself (i.e. acting in your own interest) with that very statement. You then tell me how I brought this onto myself because I angered you ("hubris in your writings that angers us"). Look inward, kid.

Also, this isn't correct, both literally and grammatically: It is you who claims to be of eloquent speaking.

Focus on improving your own English before trying to school me in the "classical languages."

Also, Chopin was a Romantic.

Stay in school.

Best,
Chopin

P.S. If you did have your own Club, I wouldn't attack you over it.

Chopin
01-18-2011, 10:55 AM
Guys, I ask you politely, please leave this thread if you don't want to talk about the things outlined in the OP. If you really are civilized and mature posters, you'll leave me to my "fantasy world" or whatever is it you think I'm doing here.

To stay is to undermine your very own arguments.

Best,
Chopin

Manus Domini
01-18-2011, 11:04 AM
Kid, don't try to lecture me.

Then please stop being all "high and mighty", will you?

Right. I suppose that's why you are defending yourself (i.e. acting in your own interest) with that very statement. You then tell me how I brought this onto myself because I angered you ("hubris in your writings that angers us"). Look inward, kid.

I have, and the fact that you claim to be so far above us all is infuriating. You continue to act above us; we are part of a message board among peers and equals. If you want to start a club, go ahead. But calling it "Club Chopin", revolving it around yourself, and then boasting about your non-existent accomplishments is demeaning, in my opinion.

Also, this isn't correct, both literally and grammatically: It is you who claims to be of eloquent speaking.

Eh, no. I am not by any stretch of the imagination an eloquent typist. I don't try to over-power an opponent with big words. You, on the other hand, believe that an enlarged vocabulary will trigger respect. You have simply dumbed down your reply this time round to garner the attention of others while exuding a false cloud of modesty.

Focus on improving your own English before trying to school me in the "classical languages."

My English is fine, thank you very much. And I did not attempt to school you. I believed you would be able to respond in kind.

Also, Chopin was a Romantic.

I will concede this point. It was my foolish error in mistaking time periods.

Stay in school

Sorry, but I have a snow day today.

--Manus Domini

Manus Domini
01-18-2011, 11:05 AM
Guys, I ask you politely, please leave this thread if you don't want to talk about the things outlined in the OP. If you really are civilized and mature posters, you'll leave me to my "fantasy world" or whatever is it you think I'm doing here.

To stay is to undermine your very own arguments.

Best,
Chopin

Explain why our arrival and petitions are undermining our arguments, will you?

accidental
01-18-2011, 01:34 PM
Could someone please provide a list of the members of Club Chopin? I am unaware of any, and would like to see who is in this club before I submit my application.

r2473
01-18-2011, 01:46 PM
Could someone please provide a list of the members of Club Chopin? I am unaware of any, and would like to see who is in this club before I submit my application.

I believe anyone that will waste time arguing with him / entertaining him is a member.

jester911
01-18-2011, 01:51 PM
No dog in the fight so I really don't care but find it amusing.
If this is the "Official Chopin Thread" then what does that make the other 2900 threads you posted?

Manus Domini
01-18-2011, 02:04 PM
I believe anyone that will waste time arguing with him / entertaining him is a member.

I'm definately not a member, so I refute that statement.

r2473
01-18-2011, 02:20 PM
I'm definately not a member, so I refute that statement.

You've achieved platinum status.

Manus Domini
01-18-2011, 03:21 PM
platinum status in what?

Chopin
01-18-2011, 04:40 PM
You've achieved platinum status.

Lol thanks guys. I'm glad some of you have a sense of humor. OK, I get that some people don't like my posts, but to come in here and start attacking me personally and act all "offended" by a thread as lighthearted as this is sad.

Chopin
01-18-2011, 04:42 PM
Then please stop being all "high and mighty", will you?

I have, and the fact that you claim to be so far above us all is infuriating. You continue to act above us; we are part of a message board among peers and equals. If you want to start a club, go ahead. But calling it "Club Chopin", revolving it around yourself, and then boasting about your non-existent accomplishments is demeaning, in my opinion.

Eh, no. I am not by any stretch of the imagination an eloquent typist. I don't try to over-power an opponent with big words. You, on the other hand, believe that an enlarged vocabulary will trigger respect. You have simply dumbed down your reply this time round to garner the attention of others while exuding a false cloud of modesty.

My English is fine, thank you very much. And I did not attempt to school you. I believed you would be able to respond in kind.

I will concede this point. It was my foolish error in mistaking time periods.

Sorry, but I have a snow day today.

--Manus Domini

Kid, you came in here and started insulting me in a dead language: Latin. And you accuse me of being "high and mighty"?

In the future, spend some time outside on snow days and have fun rather than attacking strangers on the internet.

Best,
Chopin

Manus Domini
01-18-2011, 04:51 PM
Kid, you came in here and started insulting me in a dead language: Latin. And you accuse me of being "high and mighty"?

In the future, spend some time outside on snow days and have fun rather than attacking strangers on the internet.

Best,
Chopin

Latin is a dead language just as much as Ancient Greek, Russian, and Danish are. Last I checked, Latin comprises the origin of more than 60% of English vocabulary, with Greek being another huge portion.

Btw, I can't go outside on snow day today. Sorry to burst your bubble, but it wasn't snow so much as slush, which is truly quite annoying.

someone that is high and mighty never admits a mistake as I have already

And if you really wanted to accuse me of being all high and mighty (I'll help your futile points out of boredom), you might wanna take a look at my username ;)

--Manus Domini

Chopin
01-18-2011, 05:07 PM
Latin is a dead language just as much as Ancient Greek, Russian, and Danish are. Last I checked, Latin comprises the origin of more than 60% of English vocabulary, with Greek being another huge portion.

Btw, I can't go outside on snow day today. Sorry to burst your bubble, but it wasn't snow so much as slush, which is truly quite annoying.

someone that is high and mighty never admits a mistake as I have already

And if you really wanted to accuse me of being all high and mighty (I'll help your futile points out of boredom), you might wanna take a look at my username ;)

--Manus Domini

"Kid, I think you just brought a knife...to a gun fight."--Indiana Jones

Not many people speak Latin in their day to day interactions or read Virgil in the original Latin. For practicable purposes, it's dead. If you want to point out that words are derived from their Latin ancestors (or that the Harry Potter books use Latin phrases for spells), fine. It's really the domain of academics and the clergy, with some students learning it as a pedagogical exercise.

Still, the point is you started writing posts in Latin, apparently expecting me to reply in Latin, and then accuse me of being "high and mighty."

Also, you mean to write, "I could not go outside on my snow day today."

Stay in school.

Best,
Chopin

Manus Domini
01-18-2011, 05:14 PM
"Kid, I think you just brought a knife...to a gun fight."--Indiana Jones

Not many people speak Latin in their day to day interactions or read Virgil in the original Latin. For practicable purposes, it's dead. If you want to point out that words are derived from their Latin ancestors, fine. It's really the domain of academics and the clergy, with some students learning it as a pedagogical exercise.

Still, the point is you started writing posts in Latin, apparently expecting me to reply in Latin, and then accuse me of being "high and mighty."

Also, you mean to write, "I could not go outside on my snow day today."

Stay in school.

Best,
Chopin

It's the uphill arguments that are the most fun, the most pleasurable. So even if I did bring a knife to a gun fight, I'll make you look foolish for having to shoot me when I'm barely armed.

Latin is not dead. Sorry to burst your bubble, but as long as there is one fluent speaker, it is rare, not dead.

I expected you would be able to respond in kind. I meant in no way to demean your ability.

Anyone that names a club after themselves, then talks of "legendary" battles is acting arrogant. Hubris is one of the fatal flaws, don't you know? Unfortunately, your writings and actions are full of it.

I should have written that. Thank you for correcting me. Your generosity brings no condescending tone by feeling an urge to correct my grammar. It is purely kind, not at all spiteful. [/sarcasm]

I will stay in school, thank you very much. But you don't need to tell me that, I know very well how important school is.

Chopin
01-18-2011, 05:25 PM
It's the uphill arguments that are the most fun, the most pleasurable. So even if I did bring a knife to a gun fight, I'll make you look foolish for having to shoot me when I'm barely armed.

Latin is not dead. Sorry to burst your bubble, but as long as there is one fluent speaker, it is rare, not dead.

I expected you would be able to respond in kind. I meant in no way to demean your ability.

Anyone that names a club after themselves, then talks of "legendary" battles is acting arrogant. Hubris is one of the fatal flaws, don't you know? Unfortunately, your writings and actions are full of it.

I should have written that. Thank you for correcting me. Your generosity brings no condescending tone by feeling an urge to correct my grammar. It is purely kind, not at all spiteful. [/sarcasm]

I will stay in school, thank you very much. But you don't need to tell me that, I know very well how important school is.

Not a single person on earth speaks Latin as his or her native language. Not one. It's dead.

http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=dead%20language

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_language

Stay in school.

Manus Domini
01-18-2011, 05:32 PM
Not a single person on earth speaks Latin as his or her native language. Not one. It's dead.

http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=dead%20language

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_language

Stay in school.

second article (which you propogate as true, so we will grant it as evidence) shows that it is when there are no native and/or fluent speakers left

Go back to school

Chopin
01-18-2011, 05:36 PM
second article (which you propogate as true, so we will grant it as evidence) shows that it is when there are no native and/or fluent speakers left

Go back to school

No, it does not say that. Here, same source:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extinct_language

Chopin
01-18-2011, 05:37 PM
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/dead-language

Chopin
01-18-2011, 05:37 PM
Again, Latin is a dead language.

Manus Domini
01-18-2011, 05:40 PM
No, it does not say that. Here, same source:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extinct_language

go back to the one on Language Death: "no native and/or fluent speakers of the variety"

That doesn't negate your high and mighty attitude

Chopin
01-18-2011, 05:44 PM
go back to the one on Language Death: "no native and/or fluent speakers of the variety"

That doesn't negate your high and mighty attitude

From the article:

"for example, Old English (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_English_language) may be regarded as a "dead language", with no native speakers, although it has never "died" but instead simply changed and developed into Middle English (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_English), Early Modern English (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_Modern_English) and Modern English (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_English). The process of language change may also involve the splitting up of a language into a family of several daughter languages (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daughter_language), leaving the common parent language "dead". This has happened to Latin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin), which (through Vulgar Latin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vulgar_Latin)) eventually developed into the family of Romance languages (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romance_languages). Such a process is normally not described as "language death", because it involves an unbroken chain of normal transmission of the language from one generation to the next, with only minute changes at every single point in the chain. There is thus no one point where "Latin died".

In other words, it's extinct by evolution.

Chopin
01-18-2011, 05:46 PM
List of dead languages:

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/154237/dead-language

(Latin is listed)

Manus Domini
01-18-2011, 05:55 PM
From the article:

"for example, Old English (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_English_language) may be regarded as a "dead language", with no native speakers, although it has never "died" but instead simply changed and developed into Middle English (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_English), Early Modern English (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_Modern_English) and Modern English (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_English). The process of language change may also involve the splitting up of a language into a family of several daughter languages (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daughter_language), leaving the common parent language "dead". This has happened to Latin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin), which (through Vulgar Latin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vulgar_Latin)) eventually developed into the family of Romance languages (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romance_languages). Such a process is normally not described as "language death", because it involves an unbroken chain of normal transmission of the language from one generation to the next, with only minute changes at every single point in the chain. There is thus no one point where "Latin died".

In other words, it's extinct by evolution.

sorry, but that article has proved that Latin has not died.

But the existence of Latin as alive or dead does not disprove my point that you are "high and mighty", but rather enforces it.

accidental
01-18-2011, 06:18 PM
So what are the benefits of this club? Will I recieve some kind of newsletter? Be invited to special Chopin events?

Chopin
01-18-2011, 07:20 PM
sorry, but that article has proved that Latin has not died.

But the existence of Latin as alive or dead does not disprove my point that you are "high and mighty", but rather enforces it.

Dude, just admit you were wrong. Every source has classified Latin as a "dead language," including the one above. The point in the paragraph is that it doesn't have an exact moment of "death" as it evolved into other languages through a very slow process (like "Old English"). However, Latin itself, as a language is dead.

Read it again if you wish. You were wrong. Latin is regarded as a "dead language." Also look at all the other links I provided, including the list of dead languages from Britannica. Don't try to make this about me either; this is about your statements and your argument.

Power Player
01-18-2011, 07:35 PM
Do you really live in St John? I ask because I have been there and it is an incredible island.

Legend of Borg
01-18-2011, 07:39 PM
Dude, just admit you were wrong. Every source has classified Latin as a "dead language," including the one above. The point in the paragraph is that it doesn't have an exact moment of "death" as it evolved into other languages through a very slow process (like "Old English"). However, Latin itself, as a language is dead.

Read it again if you wish. You were wrong. Latin is regarded as a "dead language." Also look at all the other links I provided, including the list of dead languages from Britannica. Don't try to make this about me either; this is about your statements and your argument.

Wow, this is the dark side of Chopin we have never seen.

The fury of the Lord.

accidental
01-18-2011, 07:44 PM

The fury of the Lord.

I think he just broke character, dude.

Legend of Borg
01-18-2011, 07:44 PM

I have always though he was a little too nice....

Chopin
01-18-2011, 07:59 PM
Do you really live in St John? I ask because I have been there and it is an incredible island.

My profession keeps me from being there year round. Where did you stay? I love snorkeling around Waterlemon Cay on dry summer days :-). The National Park is what saved the island. Otherwise it would be overdeveloped like St. Thomas.

Chopin
01-18-2011, 08:03 PM

The fury of the Lord.

Ah, gentleman. I was just using some of the slang of youth, since our young Latin scholar is a high school student. I wish this young chap well and commend him on his fine interest in the Ancient World. I foresee him becoming a fine man.

Kindest Regards,
Chopin

Power Player
01-18-2011, 08:05 PM
I boated over there from St Thomas everyday and loved it. It has been a while or I would know the hotel, but it had the typical amazing view you get in the USVI.

St Johns is an extremely well kept and beautiful place. I snorkeled there as well and it was a 10/10 experience.

Chopin
01-18-2011, 08:08 PM
I boated over there from St Thomas everyday and loved it. It has been a while or I would know the hotel, but it had the typical amazing view you get in the USVI.

St Johns is an extremely well kept and beautiful place. I snorkeled there as well and it was a 10/10 experience.

If you ever return there, let me know and I'll have suggestions for some of the island's better kept secrets.

Cheers,
Chopin

dParis
01-18-2011, 08:09 PM

The fury of the Lord.

Are you guys kidding?? The restraint Chopin is demonstrating is incredible. Under siege in his own thread he has taken the time to calmly lay aside the attacks of Manus Domini using only cool nerve and knowledge buttressed by hard evidence. Chopin has been a veritable Champion of peace - worthy of our acknowledgement, if not our adoration. F### it! I hereby declare today, January 18th, Chopin Day, here in the Club Chopin thread.(May also be celebrated on the 19th of January in Asia, Oceania and Europe) May this day be remembered and celebrated in omne tempus.

Chopin
01-18-2011, 08:14 PM
^^Haha you're "the man" dParis! :-)

ATP100
01-18-2011, 08:17 PM
http://keboch.wordpress.com/2008/11/09/please-accept-this-spider-as-payment/

Legend of Borg
01-18-2011, 08:17 PM
^^Haha you're "the man" dParis! :-)

Oh my, breaking from civility, are we?

Such vulgar and uncouth modern vocabulary.

I think it's tea time soon.

Dedans Penthouse
01-19-2011, 05:30 AM
Maybe if you named it something aside from "Club Chopin" and claimed bunches of people loved you and your club, it would be different story.

It is your narcissim, your ego, your self-worship that have brought this upon you. Do you see Club Surehs, or Club Senti, or Club Manus Domini (not that I am stupid enough to think I have followers for a group)? .......
^^^^
this

Stop playing 'dodgeball' Chopin, THIS (above) is the gist of the argument. It's not about "poor beleagured Chopin" being set upon by meanies. It's about a thread started BY CHOPIN and dedicated "to TALKING ABOUT EVERYTHING CHOPIN." Or to put it more succinctly: I, I, me, me, me, I, I, and finally, me. I'm the maypole, I'm the prime rib, I get to play Queen. I'm the center of the universe and you get to play in my world, but always bear in mind: this is the world of Chopin as in ME, ME, ME. As for your "stay in school" swipe directed at Manus Domini, please....that was one of the more eloquent and to the point beatdowns I've read in recent memory (again, the gist of which you conveniently dodged).

Me? I've had no previous issues with you and I understand your need for attention in having read a number of your threads--all well and good, up to a point. This thread? The NYFD should turn a Kaopectate-spewing fire hose loose on this ragin self-absorbed pile of diarrhea. More to the point,

this thread should be set on fire and dropped off a cliff.

Me? I'm outta here. My club hopping is now taking me from Club Chopin ("ah the humanity!...ah, the humility!") to the Attention ***** Cafe across the street. You see, at the A.W. Cafe they happily acknowledge it in all their self-absorbed glory....dey ain't no self-proclaimed and set-upon Joan of Arc types rollin' there... ;-)

Manus Domini
01-19-2011, 11:14 AM
Ah, gentleman. I was just using some of the slang of youth, since our young Latin scholar is a high school student. I wish this young chap well and commend him on his fine interest in the Ancient World. I foresee him becoming a fine man.

Kindest Regards,
Chopin

Sorry, I'm socially inept. Current slang does little more than baffle me, as it is full of nonsense and hooliganism in origin. I know you consider above me, and feel a need to condescend, but I would appreciate it if you talked as if I were a peer and not a toddler.

Thank you for your concern, but you obviously have entirely missed the point of my argument, and I was foolish and naive enough to get caught up in yours. You argue about dead language, I argue about your narcissistic attitude.

Me thinks 'tis a Freudian Slip :)

^^^^
this

Stop playing 'dodgeball' Chopin, THIS (above) is the gist of the argument. It's not about "poor beleagured Chopin" being set upon by meanies. It's about a thread started BY CHOPIN and dedicated "to TALKING ABOUT EVERYTHING CHOPIN." Or to put it more succinctly: I, I, me, me, me, I, I, and finally, me. I'm the maypole, I'm the prime rib, I get to play Queen. I'm the center of the universe and you get to play in my world, but always bear in mind: this is the world of Chopin as in ME, ME, ME. As for your "stay in school" swipe directed at Manus Domini, please....that was one of the more eloquent and to the point beatdowns I've read in recent memory (again, the gist of which you conveniently dodged).

Me? I've had no previous issues with you and I understand your need for attention in having read a number of your threads--all well and good, up to a point. This thread? The NYFD should turn a Kaopectate-spewing fire hose loose on this ragin self-absorbed pile of diarrhea. More to the point,

Me? I'm outta here. My club hopping is now taking me from Club Chopin ("ah the humanity!...ah, the humility!") to the Attention ***** Cafe across the street. You see, at the A.W. Cafe they happily acknowledge it in all their self-absorbed glory....dey ain't no self-proclaimed and set-upon Joan of Arc types rollin' there... ;-)

Thank you. Please let me know when that club opens, I would love to join :)

Chopin
01-19-2011, 01:37 PM
^Stay in school.

Manus Domini
01-19-2011, 01:52 PM
And you should go back.

jester911
01-19-2011, 02:35 PM
It is interesting how so many people on this board strive to achieve some sort of perceived elevated status. This thread seems to be the epitome of that ambition.

I suppose if one can't attain some sort of status in the real world then this is what a person is relegated to.

ronalditop
01-19-2011, 03:13 PM
^Stay in school.

What a pathetic response, it only shows you dont have anything to say to defend yourself against the arguments presented by some posters.

Chopin
01-19-2011, 06:23 PM
What a pathetic response, it only shows you dont have anything to say to defend yourself against the arguments presented by some posters.

Why should I have to defend myself in a lighthearted thread like this? I already gave the kid a lesson on the status of Latin. My time is valuable.

Actually, I showed a friend of mine this thread and after reading a few of the posts in mock voices, we bust out loud laughing! I'm just enjoying the show at this point: the analyses of me, the attacks, the "outrage" and "offense"; it's all a bunch of BS. I did little more than to create a lighthearted thread. Some posters have taken in the right way and are having fun. Others are acting like I'm a murderer. The responses show who the true losers are.

Best,
Chopin

Chopin
01-19-2011, 06:27 PM
^^^^
this

Uh, right. Go run along and comment on a Dataciper ALL CAPS post.

zapvor
01-19-2011, 06:37 PM
lol whats going on in here. why is there a thread dedicated to chopin started by chopin? are you that self centered? lol

Chopin
01-19-2011, 07:35 PM
lol whats going on in here. why is there a thread dedicated to chopin started by chopin? are you that self centered? lol

Someone e-mailed me about this thread this evening, expressing sympathy for the way I've been treated. He told me that the thread put a smile on his face and to carry on. If I can make one poster smile, I've done my job.

Some people ask me what they'll find in a Chopin thread and I often reply, "only what you take with you." This thread is a prime example. It's yet another master class from the Maestro of the Boards.

zapvor
01-19-2011, 07:54 PM
Someone e-mailed me about this thread this evening, expressing sympathy for the way I've been treated. He told me that the thread put a smile on his face and to carry on. If I can make one poster smile, I've done my job.

Some people ask me what they'll find in a Chopin thread and I often reply, "only what you take with you." This thread is a prime example. It's yet another master class from the Maestro of the Boards.

lol ok so now that youve done your job, what next? end thread right. my question was why you created this thread....lol

JohnnyCracker
01-19-2011, 08:03 PM
Chopin created this thread to please ME. Chopin knows I enjoy watching him getting bashed. Good job, Chopin. And good job, everybody doing the Chopin-bashing. :mrgreen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grGjD1rTNyg

Legend of Borg
01-19-2011, 08:05 PM
Chopin certainly handles a lot of this aggression with a cool demeanor, I'll give him that.

Not your typical poster.

zapvor
01-19-2011, 08:08 PM
actually hes being an idiot on purpose...lol

Chopin
01-19-2011, 08:26 PM
Chopin created this thread to please ME. Chopin knows I enjoy watching him getting bashed. Good job, Chopin. And good job, everybody doing the Chopin-bashing. :mrgreen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grGjD1rTNyg

*get bashed, not getting

Fifth Set
01-19-2011, 08:26 PM
My time is valuable.

Of course, we should have guessed this by the number of extremely important threads you start on this board. :confused:

Once again, your self-important attitude is rivaled only by your irrelevance.

JohnnyCracker
01-19-2011, 08:28 PM
*get bashed, not getting

Again, good job! :mrgreen:
*round of applauses for Chopin*

Chopin
01-19-2011, 08:46 PM
Of course, we should have guessed this by the number of extremely important threads you start on this board. :confused:

Once again, your self-important attitude is rivaled only by your irrelevance.

Would someone so irrelevant provoke such a strong reaction from the community?

No, I'm a legend. And this is only the beginning.

Chopin
01-19-2011, 08:47 PM
Chopin certainly handles a lot of this aggression with a cool demeanor, I'll give him that.

Not your typical poster.

I love Talk Tennis posters, including you. "I say forgive them Lord for they know not what they've done."

Chopin
01-19-2011, 09:07 PM
The way I see it, this thread has been a triumph of sorts, though I admit I envisioned it as something far less grand. Still, sometimes I amaze even myself. But more than that, it was the posters who amazed me.

In a very Zen Buddhist way this thread became not about me but about the aggression and anger of a group of posters who couldn't see past their own arrogance (and please, spare me your claims that it is I who is arrogant!). This thread began with my "ego," perhaps, but it soon became clear that those who would come into another's garden and begin trampling it out of fear or insecurity were the ones displaying the true ego-mania. I think this thread gave many posters a chance for self-reflection and I encourage all who have participated to meditate on its happenings.

Even an enlightened poster like BorgNumberOne learned something I think. Notice how he never responded to my post to him in which I point out that he blindly defended Borg as the "iceman" without even hearing my argument. People are very afraid of change and like Beethoven's late works in the 19th century, this change is sometimes viewed as disturbing. I hope BorgNumberOne is thinking hard about this, for I plan on debating him vigorously well into the Summer of Chopin.

I never pretended to be an easy teacher, and I'm rarely going to give you what you want to hear, but I'm sure as the sun going to give you something to think about--if you're willing to open your mind. Some call me arrogant, or self-centered, but what's more self-centered: a person creating a lighthearted thread about himself or aggressively attacking that same person over such a thread because it doesn't conform to YOUR ideals? No, look inward posters.

This has been another Chopin Master Class, which some of you begged me to give you. My legends grows with threads like this (I thank all who have participated) and I assure you, I plan to continue my postmodern movement on the Boards for the rest of my life. And somewhere out there I know there's a kid reading this thread; a tennis fan, a dreamer, and perhaps bullied at school. He reads this thread and sees how I stand strong in the face of insurmountable odds and thinks to himself, "I want to be like Chopin when I grow up." I give him hope; I give him courage.

No, Club Chopin cannot be contained by any powers that my foes here posses; it is the sun, the moon, and the eternal.

I'll leave with you a quote from poster WorldBeater from one of the Laver debates:

LOL. Chopin, you are a legend.

After nth Laver vs. "insert player here", TT Former players section should have ignored you, but clearly, you entertain and stimulate them. They tell you that you are of no importance...that you are a legend in your own mind. They are clearly in denial.

I salute you.

Best to you all and goodnight,
Chopin

P.S. I'm riding off into the sunset, ladies and gentleman. See you...out there...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST7LdzJUC48&feature=related

borg number one
01-19-2011, 09:59 PM
The way I see it, this thread has been a triumph of sorts, though I admit I envisioned it as something far less grand. Still, sometimes I amaze even myself. But more than that, it was the posters who amazed me.

In a very Zen Buddhist way this thread became not about me but about the aggression and anger of a group of posters who couldn't see past their own arrogance (and please, spare me your claims that it is I who is arrogant!). This thread began with my "ego," perhaps, but it soon became clear that those who would come into another's garden and begin trampling it out of fear or insecurity were the ones displaying the true ego-mania. I think this thread gave many posters a chance for self-reflection and I encourage all who have participated to meditate on its happenings.

Even an enlightened poster like BorgNumberOne learned something I think. Notice how he never responded to my post to him in which I point out that he blindly defended Borg as the "iceman" without even hearing my argument. People are very afraid of change and like Beethoven's late works in the 19th century, this change is sometimes viewed as disturbing. I hope BorgNumberOne is thinking hard about this, for I plan on debating him vigorously well into the Summer of Chopin.

I never pretended to be an easy teacher, and I'm rarely going to give you what you want to hear, but I'm sure as sun going to give you something to think about--if you're willing to open your mind. Some call me arrogant, or self-centered, but what's more self-centered: a person creating a lighthearted thread about himself or aggressively attacking that same person over such a thread because it doesn't conform to YOUR ideals? No, look inward posters.

This has been another Chopin Master Class, which some of you begged me to give you. My legends grows with threads like this (I thank all who have participated) and I assure you, I plan to continue my postmodern movement on the Boards for the rest of my life. And somewhere out there I know there's a kid reading this thread; a tennis fan, a dreamer, and perhaps bullied at school. He reads this thread and sees how I stand strong in the face of insurmountable odds and thinks to himself, "I want to be like Chopin when I grow up." I give him hope; I give him courage.

No, Club Chopin cannot be contained by any powers that my foes here posses; it is the sun, the moon, and the eternal.

I'll leave with you a quote from poster WorldBeater from one of the Laver debates:

After nth Laver vs. "insert player here", TT Former players section should have ignored you, but clearly, you entertain and stimulate them. They tell you that you are of no importance...that you are a legend in your own mind. They are clearly in denial.

I salute you.

Chopin

P.S. I'm riding off into the sunset, ladies and gentleman. See you...out there...

Ok, are you actually assuming that my nonresponse was due to my fear of your argument Chopin? You are saying that somehow Borg was not the "Iceman". That's like me saying that Roger Federer is not the "Maestro" or "Fedex". It's a nickname, so there is no right or wrong nickname. You can say that you don't think the nickname fits, but I assure you that Borg didn't get that nickname by accident. Anyway, back to your post, another fatal flaw in your argument is that you brought up my nonresponse to your take on the "Iceman" nickname and pointed to that, yet at the same time you've failed to respond to my central question.
Who do you define as a "Historian" Chopin? You seem to be very concerned with a supposed overemphasis on tennis history on TT. Why is that? An appreciation for the history of tennis can only be a good thing, as long as one does not neglect the present in favor of the past. Tennis history is extremely rich and to overlook it and not appreciate it properly would be a travesty. I have watched and played tennis since about 1978. All of those years have been interesting for me, but just like any poster, those first formative years have left a lasting impression on my views of the Game. I was admiring players like Laver at a young age and my first racquet as a junior was a Jack Kramer Autograph. So, you can understand why I have an affinity for the posts of many of my fellow posters, especially those that have the direct experience of having watched players during the "Golden Age" of Tennis in the late 1970's-early 80's. Good luck with your thread Chopin and take it easy.

accidental
01-19-2011, 10:25 PM
Is this real life?

Manus Domini
01-20-2011, 12:28 PM
Why should I have to defend myself in a lighthearted thread like this? I already gave the kid a lesson on the status of Latin. My time is valuable.

Actually, I showed a friend of mine this thread and after reading a few of the posts in mock voices, we bust out loud laughing! I'm just enjoying the show at this point: the analyses of me, the attacks, the "outrage" and "offense"; it's all a bunch of BS. I did little more than to create a lighthearted thread. Some posters have taken in the right way and are having fun. Others are acting like I'm a murderer. The responses show who the true losers are.

Best,
Chopin

Get a friend aside from your ego. Maybe you can learn something, because I sure as Dis didn't.

Sorry, you aren't a Maestro of the Boards, just a troll. You can't even face an argument properly, you run and hide behind incorrect premeses.

*get bashed, not getting

there you go, all high and mighty again...

Would someone so irrelevant provoke such a strong reaction from the community?

No, I'm a legend. And this is only the beginning.

You are not a legend. Chopin, we are reacting to press down on your ego, it's so large it is taking up valuable bandwith.

I love Talk Tennis posters, including you. "I say forgive them Lord for they know not what they've done."

Messiah Complex much?

I never pretended to be an easy teacher, and I'm rarely going to give you what you want to hear, but I'm sure as the sun going to give you something to think about--if you're willing to open your mind. Some call me arrogant, or self-centered, but what's more self-centered: a person creating a lighthearted thread about himself or aggressively attacking that same person over such a thread because it doesn't conform to YOUR ideals? No, look inward posters.

I salute you.

Chopin

Is this a joke? You really are an Attention *****

Tyrus
01-20-2011, 04:53 PM
One amazingly smooth potato vodka goes down well with proper internet etiquette.

Bartender, another round please!

zapvor
01-20-2011, 05:56 PM
Get a friend aside from your ego. Maybe you can learn something, because I sure as Dis didn't.

Sorry, you aren't a Maestro of the Boards, just a troll. You can't even face an argument properly, you run and hide behind incorrect premeses.

there you go, all high and mighty again...

You are not a legend. Chopin, we are reacting to press down on your ego, it's so large it is taking up valuable bandwith.

Messiah Complex much?

Is this a joke? You really are an Attention *****

i cant agree with you more. this guy must have suffered brain damage somewhere

Dedans Penthouse
01-21-2011, 07:21 AM
Uh, right. Go run along and comment on a Dataciper ALL CAPS post.^^^.
from dodging to now employing non-sequiturs?.... *bemused smirk*

You were a lot more fun as Tina's girlfriend.

http://www.momlogic.com/images/find_out_if_youre_narcissist_pm-thumb-270x270.jpg

And you call yourself a maestro, eh?....hmmm....*chuckle*

Put your mailroom cart aside for a moment and step into my office:

Please listen up, I don't want to have to repeat this: narcisissts (however obnoxious) who are true maestros use inclusivity to enrich. They do not slavishly submit to their emotional myopia and in doing so they do not limit themselves much like the narcissistic rube who foolishly and needlessly ensconse themselves in the throes of a self-obsessed votex. Free yourself from this tangled web of insecurity and read below of how a true (narcissistic) maestro employs this more attractive tact/trait of inclusiveness--learn first hand how a true master can effortlessly turn a run-of-the-mill trainwreck into a veritable 'Valhalla Express':

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?p=242548#post242548

search words: sour apple martini
(from Pro Player "Courier/Blake" thread)

pushing_wins
01-21-2011, 12:23 PM
^^^.
from dodging to now employing non-sequiturs?.... *bemused smirk*

You were a lot more fun as Tina's girlfriend.

http://www.momlogic.com/images/find_out_if_youre_narcissist_pm-thumb-270x270.jpg

And you call yourself a maestro, eh?....hmmm....*chuckle*

Put your mailroom cart aside for a moment and step into my office:

Please listen up, I don't want to have to repeat this: narcisissts (however obnoxious) who are true maestros use inclusivity to enrich. They do not slavishly submit to their emotional myopia and in doing so they do not limit themselves much like the narcissistic rube who foolishly and needlessly ensconse themselves in the throes of a self-obsessed votex. Free yourself from this tangled web of insecurity and read below of how a true (narcissistic) maestro employs this more attractive tact/trait of inclusiveness--learn first hand how a true master can effortlessly turn a run-of-the-mill trainwreck into a veritable 'Valhalla Express':

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?p=242548#post242548

search words: sour apple martini
(from Pro Player "Courier/Blake" thread)

i m suprised to see that you dont have any member referrals

Manus Domini
01-21-2011, 02:05 PM

Are you sure he can understand this? I mean, with his brain-size and attention span to other people, I don't think so.

Sentinel
01-21-2011, 07:04 PM
i m suprised to see that you dont have any member referrals
Darn, now I will have to keep checking this thread to read Sir DP's posts. :D

Rabbit
01-22-2011, 07:42 AM
My profession keeps me from being there year round.

What exactly is your profession? I guess maybe the real question what is your dad's profession...

Where did you stay? I love snorkeling around Waterlemon Cay on dry summer days :-). The National Park is what saved the island. Otherwise it would be overdeveloped like St. Thomas.

More embellishment, the very mannah of chopin's existence.

Kindest Regards,
Chopin

Aren't you like 20-something? A little condescending, but hey that's you.

Actually, I showed a friend of mine this thread and after reading a few of the posts in mock voices, we bust out loud laughing!

OK, this is the real insight into chopin's world and it's just plain sad. You read a few of the posts in mock voices? I mean I could see it if you were 8 - 10 years old, maybe even a dorky teen-ager. But in your twenties?

Wow, telling.....and sad. And you claim your time is valuable? Get help.....quickly.

Power Player
01-22-2011, 09:24 AM
Rabbit, the fact that you used the word mannah in a post gives you GOAT worthy status in my mind. Some of the writing in this thread is fantastic.

Manus Domini
01-22-2011, 09:41 AM
Rabbit, the fact that you used the word mannah in a post gives you GOAT worthy status in my mind. Some of the writing in this thread is fantastic.

I vote for Surehs or Senti. Rabbit is 2nd tier, Dedans is there too

Rabbit
01-22-2011, 10:23 AM

Thanks, as long as you didn't use a mock voice. :)

Power Player
01-22-2011, 10:24 AM
I am more of a pop culture guy, so I have always been a JoelDali fan. His posts are like a nice 3 and a half minute single from the 70s.

Rabbit
01-22-2011, 10:25 AM
OH, and I have to add: this is certainly the Offical Thread for chopin. Just like every other thread he authors, it doesn't take it long to turn into a train wreck with chopin spending his valuable time crying foul throughout (and throwing in passive insults to everyone who disagrees).

Manus Domini
01-22-2011, 12:44 PM
And then going into hiding, abandoning his unholy creation.

dParis
01-22-2011, 09:35 PM
Actually, I showed a friend of mine this thread and after reading a few of the posts in mock voices, we bust out loud laughing!... The responses show who the true losers are.

Best,
Chopin
This quote has been the highlight of my membership in Club Chopin. I got warm fuzzies all over when I read this. Posts like these, I'm usually on it like blue on a bonnet, but I must have gotten a phone call or had to blow my nose and was distracted before I could respond. Rabbit, thank you for not letting this gem go uncovered. I got to enjoy it all over again.:)

Alas, all is not well in Club Chopin. Foreboding storm clouds gather as it appears The Club's namesake and Prime Mover has abandoned the thread. My memories take me back to a time, last week, of unbridled enthusiasm and limitless promise that was the dedication of Club Chopin. Now it appears all of that promise, all of those hopes and dreams, will go unfulfilled.:( A look back:

Chopin!
It may have lasted but a picosecond on the geological clock, but it burned as bright as a Zippo at a Dio concert.

I think we can say we are living in the Post-Chopinism era...

This thread will be a beacon of light for all things related to Club Chopin. Please discuss anything that relates to Chopin and his supporters, including but not limited to:Already, the sadness has welled up inside of me nearly to the limits of my capacity :cry:...

Reference was never adequately carried to this thread and terms were not well defined leading many to wonder, "Who are the Historians?"; "What are the characteristics of a Historian?"; "What am I going to have for dinner tonight?"
--Rod LaverMerely a single reference to Rod Laver post-dedication of this thread? This is a slight to Mr. Laver as well to The Club.

--Club Chopin membershipThankfully, R2D2 has established a record of membership:I believe anyone that will waste time arguing with him / entertaining him is a member.

--Gold Star Posters of the WeekWith so many deserving choices, I don't think this honor was bestowed - or if it was, it was done so without proper fanfare.

--Friends of Club ChopinI'm sure somebody is busy compiling this list as we read, and will be included in this thread soon.

--Banned poster sightingsYes, this vehicle carried the baggage of a personal vendetta, but still, a potentially fun pastime. Far more practical to do on an internet forum than trap shooting.

--Ideas for the Masterpiece CollectionWTF?

Best,
Chopin
Damn the heavens! We never heard Chopin's "views on women".

This thread. This Club. Now all it reminds me of is the broken columns at the gates of a local cemetery - representing life taken away before it had a chance to reach its own conclusion... Well, I guess I'll be seeing all of you around the boards, here and there.

Take cares.

Messarger
01-23-2011, 05:19 AM
Chopin, how do you see the game evolving from here? We went from s&v to baseline rallying. Will that continue or will another style of play emerge? And how long before we see the change?

Fifth Set
01-25-2011, 10:49 AM
I didn't bother reading past the headline, but it sure seems to fit here!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110125/ap_on_sc/eu_chopin_hallucinations

Chopin's hallucinations possibly due to epilepsy

pushing_wins
02-10-2011, 11:33 PM
Think of the Supreme Court, BorgNumberOne. They are all members of the same "club," per say, but if someone described the Court as members of the same club, would it really tell us much about the Court? In some ways, not so much. I'm more of a John Paul Stevens type-figure on the Boards, while other posters are more aligned with Scalia's stricter approach. On the one hand, there's Stevens, someone who's arguably a noninterpretivist, and on the other, Scalia, an originalist.

There are many reasons for Club Chopin's existence, but among other things it's served as a valuable rallying point against those who think that nostalgia has contaminated certain historical discussions, those who believe in civility and honorable discourse, and others who simply want to have a fun, enjoyable time on the Boards. Some posters take themselves and their arguments too seriously (or their tennis tennis heroes), and Club Chopin mixes things up by challenging long-held or deeply embedded beliefs.

As for the debate against you, well, I'd like to challenge Borg's legacy some in 2011. Perhaps more than any other poster, Borg's legacy has a component of mythicism to it. Borg is viewed as more machine than man by many posters, and quite frankly, this view dose not satisfy me. You're a big supporter of Borg, as well a fine and civil debater, so the challenge goes out to you. The threads will begin appearing in the next few months and you can do as you will with them. There will be some cross-generational discussions, where I consider if Borg would really stack up against an average pro today, as well as characters studies of Borg to determine whether or not he was really this "iceman" that some claim.

Anyhow, I know that my threads have had an impact on these Boards and given a voice to many posters who felt stifled by the Historians, who would react angrily to any dissent critical of the "legends" of the game. I take a lot of hits, over and over again, but where others told me I would fall, I've only grown more influential and stronger. In some ways I think of myself as like on the Star Trek aliens from the Original Series: absorbing the negative energy around me to create a beautiful testament to the Game, and civil, free discourse.

Kind Regards,
Chopin

i stopped reading at this post.

chopin , borg number one..........you guys write very well. but, too long winded.

and your point is? can i get an executive summary please? because you like hearing yourself talk?

i wouldnt hire either one of you as my lawyer

dParis
06-10-2011, 02:07 PM
Sound the klaxons (if they have not already been, and I was out of the room)! Sensors are registering the presence of an unsanitary bird in the Forum!

Fifth Set
06-10-2011, 02:15 PM
Ha ha, what a thread. Were we laughing with Chopin or at him?!

Legend of Borg
06-11-2011, 04:23 PM
Chopin is really under performing lately.

I expected far greater threads than a simple Borg bashing attempt.

Chopin
06-11-2011, 06:52 PM

Don't worry, there's plenty of time left for the Summer of Chopin.

Chopin
06-11-2011, 07:07 PM
Guys, I've had a fabulous weekend. I really recommend the following movie to all of you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atLg2wQQxvU

It's beautiful and charming. A nice homage to Paris, and more generally, the magic of life; it's far removed from the ugliness that sometimes overtakes people.

Stay strong, Club Chopin for our time is coming.

Best,
Chopin

Chopin
06-11-2011, 07:08 PM
Ha ha, what a thread. Were we laughing with Chopin or at him?!

I'm particularly interested in the "meta" aspects of posting; so, carry on. :)

Chopin
06-12-2011, 08:09 PM

He's back, baby.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=384212

Chopin
06-12-2011, 08:11 PM
Also, I'd like to thank members of Club Chopin for standing by me this weekend. We won.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04854XqcfCY

accidental
06-13-2011, 03:23 PM
Dear Chopin,

I wrote but you still ain't callin
I left my username, my email, and my home phone at the bottom
I sent two pm's back in autumn, you must not-a got them
There probably was a problem with the server or something
Sometimes I scribble usernames too sloppy when I jot him
but anyways; screw it, what's been up? Man how's your daughter?
My girlfriend's pregnant too, I'm bout to be a father
If I have a daughter, guess what I'ma call her?
I'ma name her Manus Domini.
I read about your Uncle Federer too I'm sorry.
I had a friend hurt himself over some mirka who didn't want him

I know you probably hear this everyday, but I'm your biggest fan.
I even got the underground stuff that you did with Cyborg
I got a room full of your posters and your pictures man
I like the stuff you did with Limpin too, that stuff was phat
Anyways, I hope you get this man, hit me back,
just to chat, truly yours, your biggest fan

Chopin
06-13-2011, 03:41 PM
Dear Chopin,

I wrote but you still ain't callin
I left my username, my email, and my home phone at the bottom
I sent two pm's back in autumn, you must not-a got them
There probably was a problem with the server or something
Sometimes I scribble usernames too sloppy when I jot him
but anyways; screw it, what's been up? Man how's your daughter?
My girlfriend's pregnant too, I'm bout to be a father
If I have a daughter, guess what I'ma call her?
I'ma name her Manus Domini.
I read about your Uncle Federer too I'm sorry.
I had a friend hurt himself over some mirka who didn't want him

I know you probably hear this everyday, but I'm your biggest fan.
I even got the underground stuff that you did with Cyborg
I got a room full of your posters and your pictures man
I like the stuff you did with Limpin too, that stuff was phat
Anyways, I hope you get this man, hit me back,
just to chat, truly yours, your biggest fan

Outstanding! You bring a "cool" vibe to Club Chopin. Your rhymes inspire us, man.

Attention all posters: accidental is a Chopin's Gold Star Poster of the Week!

Respect.

Surfer Rosa Rack
06-13-2011, 03:54 PM
Calling!....please!.....the all-time "TT-rapper" Senator Jay "of 'double-hockey-stick' thread fame....

Senator Jay BULLworth

Senator, please as a 'public service' .... please .... this board's been bored ...

...so many years from your last rasp 'o the past...

senator?

accidental
06-13-2011, 04:55 PM
Dear Chopin,
you still ain't called or wrote, I hope you have a chance
I ain't mad - I just think it's messed up you don't answer fans
If you didn't wanna talk to me outside your tennis courts
you didn't have to, but you coulda signed an autograph for Matthew
That's my little brother man, he's only six years old
We waited in the blistering cold for you,
four hours and you just said, "No."
That's pretty messed up man - you're like his idol