PDA

View Full Version : Bring on the sleepless nights!

rovex
01-16-2011, 12:00 PM
for those of you in Europe that is.:twisted:

bolo
01-16-2011, 12:04 PM
And the junkies on the east coast in the US. :)

What are the chances dasco gets past denko rovex?

MurrayisBEAST
01-16-2011, 12:15 PM
What is this thread about? :p

[Z]engin
01-16-2011, 12:16 PM
As long as Roger wins AO,

I'm fine with watching the highlights afterwads. :)

meg0529
01-16-2011, 12:17 PM
US- East Coast has to be worse!

rovex
01-16-2011, 12:20 PM
Where I am matches start at 1 AM

wooooooohooooo!!

MichaelNadal
01-16-2011, 12:20 PM
US- East Coast has to be worse!

Yep, but I welcome it. I work till 10pm and get home at 11 so this is actually the slam with the best coverage time for me.

bluescreen
01-16-2011, 12:21 PM
i live in new jersey. and let me tell you something. it might sound horrible, but some of my best tennis memories come from stayin' up at 4, 5, 6 in the morning watching amazing tennis. i really think every slam final should be scheduled for 3 am. nothing but you, a lack of sleep, and a good match.

Hood_Man
01-16-2011, 12:22 PM

woohooooo!!

Same. I was also hoping to stay up and see Federer play, but I don't think he'll be on until about 5am GMT.

Now tomorrow night is a different story, since I'm off work on Tuesday and can stay up drinking coffee all night to my hearts content.

I'll be off down the chemists for some Nytol I think...

dandelion_smiley
01-16-2011, 12:22 PM
At least the night session is not that bad - starts around 9 a.m.

Federer's playing today at 3am-5am dunno if its better to go to sleep now or wake up at 5. Ah well, might as well sleep some other time.

Li Ching Yuen
01-16-2011, 12:23 PM
There are hardly any worthy matches in the first 3-4 hours of the schedule, just a lot of WTA rubbish and some lesser mens matches. The real deal starts in the afternoon Aussie time, which is early morning my time.

Manageable. Us Open is much worse.

dandelion_smiley
01-16-2011, 12:25 PM
Same. I was also hoping to stay up and see Federer play, but I don't think he'll be on until about 5am GMT.

Now tomorrow night is a different story, since I'm off work on Tuesday and can stay up drinking coffee all night to my hearts content.

I'll be off down the chemists for some Nytol I think...

Are you German/Swedish/Serbian/Italian/Polish/Slovakian? Cause the matches start here at 1 am as well

CMM
01-16-2011, 12:26 PM

Many important matches (including the final) are in the morning, and that's awful for those who have to go to work/school.

AndyArodRoddick
01-16-2011, 12:26 PM
Well in my country Kaia Kanepis match starts 2.00 AM and Roddick's ~4.00AM and school starts 8.00 AM. -.-

rovex
01-16-2011, 12:27 PM

I'm always optimistic As you already know, last time they met was at the
Aus last year and it was a 5 set epic. I'm thinking if verdasco is on tobasco he can get the W.

Mustard
01-16-2011, 12:27 PM

Oh yes. Unlike the US Open where we stay up to see the night session, we stay up to see the start of day's play at the Australian Open.

babbette
01-16-2011, 12:33 PM

Sigh this is the part I hate!! And when Murray and Rafa are scheduled to play at the same times because BBC will broadcast murray

MichaelNadal
01-16-2011, 12:33 PM
i live in new jersey. and let me tell you something. it might sound horrible, but some of my best tennis memories come from stayin' up at 4, 5, 6 in the morning watching amazing tennis. i really think every slam final should be scheduled for 3 am. nothing but you, a lack of sleep, and a good match.

I know right! That's exactly how it was for Nadal-Verdasco :)

rovex
01-16-2011, 12:36 PM
Thankfully I've got a little thing called a recorder at my disposal :mrgreen:

meg0529
01-16-2011, 12:37 PM
Yep, but I welcome it. I work till 10pm and get home at 11 so this is actually the slam with the best coverage time for me.

You actually make a splendid point, except, it also makes me quite useless during the day. Walking around like a zombie. lol.

joeri888
01-16-2011, 12:41 PM

This thread will be some sort of digital pyjama party?

Cool. count me in. Looking forward to this tournament A LOT.
Hope we get to enjoy awesome tennis, instead of stupid rivalries ruining our knowledge and love for the game itself.

First rounders I'm looking at: Hewitt-Nalbandian, De Bakker-Monfils, Haase-Berlocq. Dimitrov-Golubev could be a match between two rising stars. Also I'm a bit curious how Tursunov is doing and whether he can trouble Troicki tonight.

Tomorrow I think Gulbis-Becker could be good, as well as Petzschner-Tsonga.

joeri888
01-16-2011, 12:42 PM

wooooooohooooo!!

GMT +1 for the win? :):shock:

batz
01-16-2011, 12:43 PM
0000GMT for UK fans.

Hood_Man
01-16-2011, 12:44 PM
Are you German/Swedish/Serbian/Italian/Polish/Slovakian? Cause the matches start here at 1 am as well

British. Now that you mention it I'm pretty sure I got my maths wrong, I think matches start at midnight here in the UK, not 1am.

[EDIT]

What Batz said.

babbette
01-16-2011, 12:44 PM
Thankfully I've got a little thing called a recorder at my disposal :mrgreen:

What's a recorder?

To be honest for the past 2 years, as i'm getting older, i've slept half way through most matches. Hyper when it begins, snoring with drool by the end of the first set. Vamos Aus open :mrgreen:

Telepatic
01-16-2011, 12:45 PM
For me, day matches start at 1AM and I get energy drink, sometimes eat some snacks and prepare for sleepless night..And night session is somewhere in the morning for me (9 AM) so I either skip boring Day s. or I'm very sleepy :D..

Ever since I'm a student, it's much easier to choose when I got my duties unlike back in high school so I'm fine.. ^^

Rock Strongo
01-16-2011, 12:46 PM
Roddick's playing at 2, school starts 8:10, it's a matter of priority here.

Legend of Borg
01-16-2011, 12:47 PM
British. Now that you mention it I'm pretty sure I got my maths wrong, I think matches start at midnight here in the UK, not 1am.

[EDIT]

What Batz said.

Precisely.

Are you ready to unleash the power of the caffeine?

BRING IT ON!

Outbeyond
01-16-2011, 12:48 PM
This thread will be some sort of digital pyjama party?

Cool. count me in. Looking forward to this tournament A LOT.
Hope we get to enjoy awesome tennis, instead of stupid rivalries ruining our knowledge and love for the game itself.

First rounders I'm looking at: Hewitt-Nalbandian, De Bakker-Monfils, Haase-Berlocq. Dimitrov-Golubev could be a match between two rising stars. Also I'm a bit curious how Tursunov is doing and whether he can trouble Troicki tonight.

Tomorrow I think Gulbis-Becker could be good, as well as Petzschner-Tsonga.

I'm a Joiseyite here (I noticed another one earlier!) and it looks like I can catch the Monfils first round match tonight at 8pm...that's not bad at all! Then Roddick's at 10pm and I think Roger's match is at 11 - thank goodness tomorrow's a holiday for us States folks.

In the meantime, while waiting, the New England Patriots are trying to begin destruction of the Jets, who ain't goin' down easy:twisted:

Hood_Man
01-16-2011, 12:50 PM
Precisely.

Are you ready to unleash the power of the caffeine?

BRING IT ON!
I've got work tomorrow :cry:

It wouldn't be the first time I've had to work a full shift on only a few hours sleep, but it's a lot harder to be polite to a customer when you really want to go to bed :lol:

Hopefully the Beeb keep their promise and show the Murray matches tomorrow night...

MAXXply
01-16-2011, 12:51 PM
Now you know how it feels for Aussie fans watching the other three Slams:twisted:

rovex
01-16-2011, 12:53 PM
Now you know how it feels for Aussie fans watching the other three Slams:twisted:

LOL I was about to say, never heard you guys ever complain though

meg0529
01-16-2011, 12:54 PM
I'm a Joiseyite here (I noticed another one earlier!) and it looks like I can catch the Monfils first round match tonight at 8pm...that's not bad at all! Then Roddick's at 10pm and I think Roger's match is at 11 - thank goodness tomorrow's a holiday for us States folks.

In the meantime, while waiting, the New England Patriots are trying to begin destruction of the Jets, who ain't goin' down easy:twisted:

It's 7pm by my calculations. Since matches start at 11 aussie time.

Who you rooting for? jets or pats?

Legend of Borg
01-16-2011, 12:55 PM
What's a recorder?

To be honest for the past 2 years, as i'm getting older, i've slept half way through most matches. Hyper when it begins, snoring with drool by the end of the first set. Vamos Aus open :mrgreen:

You know, Hafa doesn't like his fans to be drooling with boredom.

Come on, you can do better than that!

:lol:

joeri888
01-16-2011, 12:56 PM
0000GMT for UK fans.

You still only stay up for Murrie?

moshi2
01-16-2011, 12:56 PM

Not everybody gets a day off for MLK holiday :( I still have to work!!

I am planning to stay up till around midnight to watch....then I am willing to wake up at whatever time Fed is playing....or I'll adjust little bit maybe (sleep early *sacrifice early matches* then wake up 2am or 3am to watch Roger).

I have to leave work at 6.15am, so I'm sure I'll be a bit cranky for the next couple weeks due to lack of sleep.

And yeah, I am hoping the Patriots gives the Jets a good spanking....

joeri888
01-16-2011, 12:57 PM
What time do you guys expect Federer-Lacko? 3 hours after play starts? 4 hours? 5 hours? I'm thinking 3 or 4...

Outbeyond
01-16-2011, 12:57 PM
It's 7pm by my calculations. Since matches start at 11 aussie time.

Who you roothing for? jets or pats?

I'm really a fly-by-night Steelers fan (once lived in Pittsburgh), but I think the Patriots would give us a run for our money if they win tonight. Could be a great game with those two! So I'm thinking the Pats.

How about you?

Li Ching Yuen
01-16-2011, 12:59 PM
What time do you guys expect Federer-Lacko? 3 hours after play starts? 4 hours? 5 hours? I'm thinking 3 or 4...

4 hours is a decent estimation.

meg0529
01-16-2011, 12:59 PM
I'm really a fly-by-night Steelers fan (once lived in Pittsburgh), but I think the Patriots would give us a run for our money if they win tonight. Could be a great game with those two! So I'm thinking the Pats.

How about you?

Jets def! Going local! :)

Outbeyond
01-16-2011, 01:00 PM
Jets def! Going local! :)

Yeah, you'd be knocked off otherwise in your neck of the woods, LOL.

Semi-Pro
01-16-2011, 01:03 PM
I welcome the sleepless nights(live on the east coast), the AO is my favorite slam so totally worth it!

TennisFan3
01-16-2011, 01:03 PM
Wow! My best thread. The Oz Open has been the cause of SOOO many sleepless nights, destroyed days, missed/unproductive work and subsequent illness for me. Still, I just cannot NOT watch tennis LIVE especially in the second week of AO, where we have all the night matches. Recorded matches are useless IMO. There's something about the nail bitting and nervous anticipation during live matches. I tend to get very worked up while watching!
I'm also a very light sleeper so my sleep schedule gets disturbed easily and takes weeks to recover. So in the second week of AO, I just forget about sleeping and load up on the coffee!

I recall the AO 2009 final; I set an alarm to wake up at 3 AM; but I could hardly sleep and kept on dreaming about the match.

EDIT: Here's something cool - Just did 1000 posts! Now I am a veteran on this forum! Amazing :)

meg0529
01-16-2011, 01:04 PM
Yeah, you'd be knocked off otherwise in your neck of the woods, LOL.

Haha, hey NYers are very accepting people!! I won't hold my breath for the jets though. The Pats are just too good. :(

Outbeyond
01-16-2011, 01:05 PM
I welcome the sleepless nights(live on the east coast), the AO is my favorite slam so totally worth it!

Your favorite, really? Why?:)

babbette
01-16-2011, 01:06 PM
You know, Hafa doesn't like his fans to be drooling with boredom.

Come on, you can do better than that!

:lol:

I've only slept through 3-4 of rafa's matches; 2 in Cincinatti including the one in Cicinatti against Lappenti when he got his number 1..I can't remember the other ones :oops: But they definitely weren't when he's playing at slams.

Outbeyond
01-16-2011, 01:06 PM
Haha, hey NYers are very accepting people!! I won't hold my breath for the jets though. The Pats are just too good. :(

The Pats are disgustingly good. We should hate them.

Pats 3-0 1st quarter.

babbette
01-16-2011, 01:09 PM
Wow! My best thread. The Oz Open has been the cause of SOOO many sleepless nights, destroyed days, missed/unproductive work and subsequent illness for me. Still, I just cannot NOT watch tennis LIVE especially in the second week of AO, where we have all the night matches. Recorded matches are useless IMO. There's something about the nail bitting and nervous anticipation during live matches. I tend to get very worked up while watching!
I'm also a very light sleeper so my sleep schedule gets disturbed easily and takes weeks to recover. So in the second week of AO, I just forget about sleeping and load up on the coffee!

I recall the AO 2009 final; I set an alarm to wake up at 3 AM; but I could hardly sleep and kept on dreaming about the match.

EDIT: Here's something cool - Just did 1000 posts! Now I am a veteran on this forum! Amazing :)
True dat true dat! Let's be strong y'all we can do it! *snores*

Semi-Pro
01-16-2011, 01:09 PM
Your favorite, really? Why?:)

I really have no idea, I guess I just love to cuddle with the GF at night (she also loves tennis) watching tennis with a nice warm cup of cocoa!

meg0529
01-16-2011, 01:10 PM
True dat true dat! Let's be strong y'all we can do it! *snores*

Lol you are so cute.

Outbeyond
01-16-2011, 01:11 PM
I really have no idea, I guess I just love to cuddle with the GF at night (she also loves tennis) watching tennis with a nice warm cup of cocoa!

Well, there's nothing wrong with THAT!

meg0529
01-16-2011, 01:11 PM

Well aren't you lucky? My BF would rather not watch me drool over Rafa. LOL.

Hitman
01-16-2011, 01:12 PM
Midnight start for me - I live in London. So its sleepless nights for me!!! But this is like an annual ritual almost that I love doing.

Sometimes I'm in Los Angeles in Jan visiting family, so the evenings are not bad either! :)

Larrysümmers
01-16-2011, 01:12 PM
illinois here. coverage starts 530pm my time. i have monday off of school, but after that it will be get home, nap, wake up around 10 have a few mtn dews do homework and watch the Auzzie Open...life is good :-D

Outbeyond
01-16-2011, 01:14 PM
Midnight start for me - I live in London. So its sleepless nights for me!!! But this is like an annual ritual almost that I love doing.

Sometimes I'm in Los Angeles in Jan visiting family, so the evenings are not bad either! :)

These late nights are, indeed, sort-of an annual rite for those of us in the "wrong" timezones! London seems worse off, though I haven't quite firgured it all out yet.

The Aussies do have a rough road for the other slams, though, as they've noted. Yikes...

meg0529
01-16-2011, 01:18 PM
These late nights are, indeed, sort-of an annual rite for those of us in the "wrong" timezones! London seems worse off, though I haven't quite firgured it all out yet.

The Aussies do have a rough road for the other slams, though, as they've noted. Yikes...

I don't mind Wimbly and RG. Morning matches are the only ones that are kind of a pain, but the better players start later and that works well!

Edit: just realized you mean london, time wise, not as in Wimbly. >.< I still find the east coast to be awful.

Hitman
01-16-2011, 01:18 PM

I'll be honest, it is not soooo bad. The evening sessions start at 8.30 am, and I am normally streaming them at work, makes the day go by! There is nothing like have breakfast at AO evening session! Kind of like how you guys have breakfast at Wimbledon. :)

Outbeyond
01-16-2011, 01:23 PM
^^True, Wimbledon and Roland Garros are passable! Considering the importance of the AO and being a Nadal fan, I'm prepared to set the clock, do whatever to see this through.

We're all a bunch of nutcases, though - you do know that, right? Who the hell else do we know who cares about this stuff, LOL!

Outbeyond
01-16-2011, 01:24 PM
illinois here. coverage starts 530pm my time. i have monday off of school, but after that it will be get home, nap, wake up around 10 have a few mtn dews do homework and watch the Auzzie Open...life is good :-D

:).............

Big_Dangerous
01-16-2011, 01:25 PM

Don't know if he'll get past Tippy in the second round.

CityTennis22
01-16-2011, 01:26 PM
I live on the East Coast and I really don't mind. It's probably my favorite slam to watch on TV because I can stay up late and everyone else is sleeping and not interrupting my tennis watching.

Hitman
01-16-2011, 01:27 PM
^^True, Wimbledon and Roland Garros are passable! Considering the importance of the AO and being a Nadal fan, I'm prepared to set the clock, do whatever to see this through.

We're all a bunch of nutcases, though - you do know that, right? Who the hell else do we know who cares about this stuff, LOL!

Like you said...We're all a bunch of nutcases.

And the truth is, I'm sure none of us would have it any other way!!! :)

Larrysümmers
01-16-2011, 01:29 PM
what zone has it worst?

Outbeyond
01-16-2011, 01:30 PM
I live on the East Coast and I really don't mind. It's probably my favorite slam to watch on TV because I can stay up late and everyone else is sleeping and not interrupting my tennis watching.

Welcome, CityTennis22! Nice to see new faces around here. The obsessed do tend to group together.:)

meg0529
01-16-2011, 01:30 PM

Hell ya! Totally proud of being a nutcase.

Lookie who scored! NYJ 7 NE 3 !!

rovex
01-16-2011, 01:32 PM
what zone has it worst?

Probably eastern Europe + 2 GMT

Bryan Swartz
01-16-2011, 01:32 PM
It's funny how obsessed you can get. I'm new to it personally.

Three years ago I would have started paying attention, vaguely, in the second week.

Now I'm contemplating how late I'm going to be able to stay up and still function at work tomorrow, while looking at my clock ... 53 minutes till the first match starts.

Yes, I am officially a tennis fanatic.

bluetrain4
01-16-2011, 01:33 PM
Melbourne is 17 hours ahead of where I live in Illinois, USA. I always knew that when TV coverage around 5:30 or 6:00 pm here, it was already the next day in Melbourne.

But, I totally forgot that since it's already Monday in Melbourne, AO coverage starts TODAY in the USA - actually in less than an hour!!!

meg0529
01-16-2011, 01:34 PM
It's funny how obsessed you can get. I'm new to it personally.

Three years ago I would have started paying attention, vaguely, in the second week.

Now I'm contemplating how late I'm going to be able to stay up and still function at work tomorrow, while looking at my clock ... 53 minutes till the first match starts.

Yes, I am officially a tennis fanatic.

Samee. At least you watched second week. I only watched semis and finals. haha.

bolo
01-16-2011, 01:34 PM
I'm always optimistic As you already know, last time they met was at the
Aus last year and it was a 5 set epic. I'm thinking if verdasco is on tobasco he can get the W.

lol, allright, I have him going to the quarters. :)

pound cat
01-16-2011, 01:37 PM
This is where 10 hour tapes come in handy..and an obliging TV network (Tsn Canada) who also has a live stream & whose CEO loves tennis it seems... tennis 10 hours a day...every slam,,,and then there's livescore hunter...I'm tired just thinking about it.

bolo
01-16-2011, 01:38 PM
This is where 10 hour tapes come in handy..and an obliging TV network (Tsn Canada) who also has a live stream & whose CEO loves tennis it seems... tennis 10 hours a day...every slam,,,and then there's livescore hunter...I'm tired just thinking about it.

That's old school. :)

Outbeyond
01-16-2011, 01:39 PM
Hell ya! Totally proud of being a nutcase.

Lookie who scored! NYJ 7 NE 3 !!

I know, who'd a thunk it!! The Jets won't go gentle...they're on the 50th yard line as I type...first down!!!

And - hey! - Bryan, welcome to you, too! Yes, you are a fanatic when you start thinking about watching live streams in mid-morning hours. I got into tennis years ago and only watched slams - never even knew much about the AO or RG, though...just Wimbledon and the US Open. Then I got into Nadal and slowly got sucked into the tournament scene and now, well, I'm a goner like the rest of you all, lol. My family and friends find it all bewildering, but that makes me laugh more than anything else. I love being able to come here, though, and check in with the like-minded...

meg0529
01-16-2011, 01:42 PM
I know, who'd a thunk it!! The Jets won't go gentle...they're on the 50th yard line as I type...first down!!!

And - hey! - Bryan, welcome to you, too! Yes, you are a fanatic when you start thinking about watching live streams in mid-morning hours. I got into tennis years ago and only watched slams - never even knew much about the AO or RG, though...just Wimbledon and the US Open. Then I got into Nadal and slowly got sucked into the tournament scene and now, well, I'm a goner like the rest of you all, lol. My family and friends find it all bewildering, but that makes me laugh more than anything else. I love being able to come here, though, and check in with the like-minded...

Talking about obsessed, I am PRAYING the Jets win, it will put my bf in a good mood for a few weeks, which means he won't take my *** about staying up to watch the AO. lol..

Outbeyond
01-16-2011, 01:46 PM
Talking about obsessed, I am PRAYING the Jets win, it will put my bf in a good mood for a few weeks, which means he won't take my *** about staying up to watch the AO. lol..

You gotta ride those opportunities when you can...:)

meg0529
01-16-2011, 01:54 PM
You gotta ride those opportunities when you can...:)

Yupppp, looks like things might be going my way =D

I wonder where moshi is? :twisted:

Larrysümmers
01-16-2011, 02:05 PM
20 minutes

meg0529
01-16-2011, 02:09 PM
20 minutes

really? starts at 11...which is 45 mins from now.

Cesc Fabregas
01-16-2011, 02:12 PM
Watch some porn, that will get the blood circulating around the body.

Outbeyond
01-16-2011, 02:33 PM
Watch some porn, that will get the blood circulating around the body.

Nah, Cesc...we never go there. You have fun! We'll check out livescorehunter or something like that.:)

bolo
01-16-2011, 02:34 PM
Nah, Cesc...we never go there. You have fun! We'll check out livescorehunter or something like that.:)

lol. 10 char. :)

Legend of Borg
01-16-2011, 02:45 PM
10 minutes remaining.

I can practically feel the first forehand sizzle by. :)

kishnabe
01-16-2011, 03:25 PM
2 weeks of no sleep for sure...all morning matches at Aussie is 8pm night for me!

Legend of Borg
01-16-2011, 03:30 PM
Can any UK residents tell me if AO coverage is available on BBC?

BBC Sports keeps rewinding the same sports news for hours now even though the program explicitly has AO scheduled at midnight.

Thanks.

Hood_Man
01-16-2011, 03:32 PM
I don't think so, only Andy Murrays matches and the final will be on the BBC I think.

Legend of Borg
01-16-2011, 03:34 PM
I don't think so, only Andy Murrays matches and the final will be on the BBC I think.

Really?

The BBC Sport program has AO coverage scheduled for midnight.

It still hasn't started.

Is this some error on the broadcasters' side?

Mustard
01-16-2011, 03:37 PM
Can any UK residents tell me if AO coverage is available on BBC?

BBC Sports keeps rewinding the same sports news for hours now even though the program explicitly has AO scheduled at midnight.

Thanks.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/6102132.stm

Hood_Man
01-16-2011, 03:37 PM
I'm not too sure, the website says selected matches at midnight GMT but it also says it will show the evening sessions from 0800 GMT (it doesn't specify, so I'm assuming there will definitely be a match on at 8am every day on the red button).

If they were showing live video they'd normally stream it on the website as well, but all I can see are text updates.

mr_eko
01-16-2011, 03:38 PM
2 weeks of no sleep for sure...all morning matches at Aussie is 8pm night for me!

I can relate, but it is going to be worth it for sure.

Legend of Borg
01-16-2011, 03:39 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/6102132.stm

Yes I have already visited their website, but it has not cleared things up.

I guess the TV coverage here will consist of steady doses of Andy Murray.

Until he loses that is.;-)

Mustard
01-16-2011, 03:45 PM
Yes I have already visited their website, but it has not cleared things up.

Selected matches probably means every Andy Murray match. That's all I can remember from the BBC in past years as well as their live coverage of the night session in the mornings.

Do you have British Eurosport?

Legend of Borg
01-16-2011, 03:46 PM
Selected matches probably means every Andy Murray match. That's all I can remember from the BBC in past years as well as their live coverage of the night session in the mornings.

Do you have British Eurosport?

No.

It does not come with Freeview as far as I'm aware.

I'm quite surprised SkySports isn't covering the AO, to be honest.

BTW, are you watching the current matches on Internet streams?

Mustard
01-16-2011, 03:50 PM
BTW, are you watching the current matches on Internet streams?

Not at the moment, but I'm following the scores as they happen. I have the Sharapova vs. Tanasugarn match on British Eurosport.

TennisFan3
01-16-2011, 03:51 PM

I think Murray is looking VERY GOOD. He's stronger physically than he's ever been. After having early exits in the past few hardcourt slams, the percentages are with him. His second serve has improved. His draw is not prohibitively hard; and he's got the experience of being in slam final last year over here. Plus, this surface suits his game best i.e in addition to being a hardcourt the surface is slow enough for Murray to get everything abck.

Finally, everyone's talking about a potential grandslam for Nadal and the fact that Fed is looking so good to defend his title. There's ZERO pressure on Murray and he's flying cleverly under the radar.

I won't be surprised if he actually wins the AO.

Legend of Borg
01-16-2011, 03:52 PM
Not at the moment, but I'm following the scores as they happen. I have the Sharapova vs. Tanasugarn match on British Eurosport.

I tried accessing their online player, but it asks for a login username and password.

I assume there is some fee that has to be paid before I can access their services?

Mustard
01-16-2011, 03:56 PM
I tried accessing their online player, but it asks for a login username and password.

I assume there is some fee that has to be paid before I can access their services?

I'm not sure. Sorry about that.

Does this atdhe link help?

http://atdhe.net/index.html

Legend of Borg
01-16-2011, 04:00 PM
I'm not sure. Sorry about that.

Does this atdhe link help?

http://atdhe.net/index.html

Don't worry man, I have the Internet streaming covered. :wink:

I have at least 4 sites I can get links from.

Thanks anyways though.

My hope was that I could watch the matches in high quality and let's face it, Internet streams are not exactly crystal clear.

Sid_Vicious
01-16-2011, 05:00 PM
My night time studying productivity will certainly plummet by 40-50%.

bezs
01-16-2011, 09:50 PM
Now you guys know what it’s like to be like living on the other side of the world and having to watch tennis and other sports in timezones for the western world. :twisted:

Actually I’ve gotten used to watching sports at unearthly hours, having to wake up in the middle of the night to watch tennis or football (soccer). I know many people who give up sleep to watch football at unearthly hours but sadly I only know of one other person other than me who would bother doing so for tennis.

Bummer about being in the same timezone as the Aussie Open is that I’m at work so I can only check the scores but not watch it (well maybe sneak some streaming here and there). I feel like I’m missing out. :(

How I wish I could just do nothing for two weeks but just watch the Aussie Open.

SuperDuy
01-17-2011, 04:58 PM
Well that fed/tipsaravic 08 night was a LONG night.

Mustard
01-17-2011, 06:36 PM

Remember that one well. Tipsy was so close to an epic win.

ruerooo
01-17-2011, 06:37 PM

US East Coast as well.

I'm disappointed to miss Nalbandian/Hewitt, but I only get up at 4am for Rafa or Roger.

ruerooo
01-17-2011, 06:40 PM
Welcome, CityTennis22! Nice to see new faces around here. The obsessed do tend to group together.:)

LOL. We find each other. :)

ruerooo
01-17-2011, 06:44 PM

LOL. I have that problem times two. The BF gets grouchy if I'm too riveted to my Roger and Rafa matches. I have to be cool. :)

jamesblakefan#1
01-19-2011, 02:57 AM
Still up at 7am...I have class at noon and 3pm. I am officially a zombie.

jerriy
01-19-2011, 03:25 AM
I get to see the last bits of the afternoon matches since it's early in the morning here in Yurop! so as I wake up and prepare to go for work I follow it live a bit (and follow the high profile night matches while I'm at work

joeri888
01-19-2011, 04:42 AM
With 5 set epics like today and Nalby-Hewitt, it's more like bring on the workless afternoons

david93
01-19-2011, 04:45 AM
Luckily I've passed the time of examns and can watch tennis all night long :D

dandelion_smiley
01-19-2011, 05:13 AM
Still up at 7am...I have class at noon and 3pm. I am officially a zombie.

thats why Im praying for a Federer night session match, it started around 11 am today and luckily I had nothing to do

would be more pleased if I had, tho, I wouldnt have to curse at Simon for 3 hours lol

Rorsach
01-19-2011, 05:19 AM
With 5 set epics like today and Nalby-Hewitt, it's more like bring on the workless afternoons

Yup, indeed.

Thank god ATDHE and FromSport aren't blocked at work here :)

joeri888
01-19-2011, 05:57 AM
thats why Im praying for a Federer night session match, it started around 11 am today and luckily I had nothing to do

would be more pleased if I had, tho, I wouldnt have to curse at Simon for 3 hours lol

Are you from the Netherlands?

rovex
01-20-2011, 01:20 PM
A cracking line up today. This night is gonna be a killer :twisted:

stoo
01-20-2011, 06:08 PM
A cracking line up today. This night is gonna be a killer :twisted:

Yup! Already got the Red Bulls lined up and in order. Could be a long day at work tomorrow.:?

jms007
01-20-2011, 06:18 PM

What is he like, 15?

migi
01-20-2011, 06:29 PM
Another tough night ...

jack_kramer
01-20-2011, 06:31 PM

:lol: :lol:

jms007
01-20-2011, 06:38 PM
I agree, sports at night is awesome. Part of the reason I like watching UFC too.

formula16
01-20-2011, 06:44 PM
in my country, i get to watch the AO from 10am to 4 pm and then 7 to 12pm. Its pretty good!

Photoshop
01-20-2011, 07:13 PM
Remember that one well. Tipsy was so close to an epic win.
That was the best 24 hours of pure tennis entertainment any fan could've asked for.

Baghdatis vs. Safin
Kohlschreiber vs. Roddick
Blake vs. Grosjean
Federer vs. Tipsarevic
Hewitt vs. Baghdatis

I remember I caught the final set of Roddick match in the morning... saw Blake coming back from 2 sets down... then stayed up til 6am for Federer/Tipsy (was posting here on TT like a madman). I woke up in a few hours to see the result of Hewitt/Baggy epic match.

I <3 Australian Open

bezs
01-20-2011, 09:16 PM
Maybe I should try and start saving up to go next year, since the apocalypse is coming anyway. :twisted:

Mustard
01-20-2011, 09:42 PM
Hewitt vs. Baghdatis. The dawn showdown. What an amazing match that was. John Lloyd even lost his temper with Baghdatis on BBC commentary because he wouldn't go away and let Hewitt win (and let Lloyd go to bed ;))

zapvor
01-20-2011, 10:01 PM
any see the fed match? good stuff. some points were really wack

dandelion_smiley
01-20-2011, 10:14 PM
I am so tired already, I've probably slept an average 4-5 hours per day in the last week because of the matches.

zapvor
01-20-2011, 10:15 PM
same here i am exhausted. and its not because of tennis....sigh

OddJack
01-20-2011, 10:23 PM
Sleepless nights here on the west coast as well

bezs
01-20-2011, 11:13 PM
I am so tired already, I've probably slept an average 4-5 hours per day in the last week because of the matches.

TGIF!!! Aussie Open tennis matches galore this weekend.

ruerooo
01-20-2011, 11:44 PM
Maybe I should try and start saving up to go next year, since the apocalypse is coming anyway. :twisted:

The apocalypse won't come till after the 2012 Olympics, since Roger wants to play. :)

dandelion_smiley
01-22-2011, 12:07 AM
finally a 5+ hour sleep

Feña14
01-22-2011, 12:13 AM
Eurosport seem to be showing more womens tennis than they are mens. Not for me thanks! I just sleep through those and hope I wake up in time for them to show a bit of the real stuff.

rovex
01-22-2011, 12:25 AM
Eurosport seem to be showing more womens tennis than they are mens. Not for me thanks! I just sleep through those and hope I wake up in time for them to show a bit of the real stuff.

It's pathetic they are showing stosur vs licorice while there's baggy vs meltzer.

Feña14
01-22-2011, 12:44 AM
It's pathetic they are showing stosur vs licorice while there's baggy vs meltzer.

They do it every year. I guess it makes sense when you think they cover the WTA alot throughout the season, so they don't want to neglect them on the big stage.

It's just a shame I don't really enjoy womens tennis, i'd be in my element if I did!

joeri888
01-22-2011, 12:44 AM
They do it every year. I guess it makes sense when you think they cover the WTA alot throughout the season, so they don't want to neglect them on the big stage.

It's just a shame I don't really enjoy womens tennis, i'd be in my element if I did!

Why complain? We got livescorehunter these days :) V share is excellent.

Feña14
01-22-2011, 01:02 AM
Why complain? We got livescorehunter these days :) V share is excellent.

I'm not complaining. Eurosport putting more womens tennis on means I can fit more sleep in! ;)

stoo
01-22-2011, 03:42 PM
Anyone else starting to "hit the wall" with sleep deprevation? Last night was a killer. With no work today it was a grand total of 1 1/2 hrs of sleep last night and it's only gonna get worse tonight with Fed playing.

By the end of this tournament, zombies are going to look like Olympic athletes compared to me.

Hood_Man
01-23-2011, 10:58 AM
Tomorrows my last full day at work, then two half days (11 am starts!) and I'm off work so I can watch the semis! AND SLEEP!! :D

Planning on staying awake for tonights match between Dolgopolov and Soderling though, rooting for the upset!

samurai13
01-23-2011, 11:12 AM
West Coast For Dayzzzzz...