PDA

View Full Version : I had almost forgotten how annoying Screamerova is ...

Joe Pike
01-16-2011, 03:15 PM
Hope she loses.
Unbearable screaming. Makes women's tennis look (and hear) ridiculous.

kishnabe
01-16-2011, 03:25 PM
Screamerova will at least have lasted 3 matches!

John_Doe
01-16-2011, 03:43 PM
Hope she loses.

The scary thing is I don't know which women's player you are talking about. Far too many of them scream and far too many have names that resemble "screamarova." But I assume you speak of Sharapova?

meltphace 6
01-16-2011, 03:50 PM
She changed her pre serve ritual but it's still annoying. Booooooooooooring, mechanical tennis. Sharapova has no touch at all, none, zilch, nada. She's terrible.

cc0509
01-16-2011, 04:43 PM
Hope she loses.

Could not disagree more. Sharapova is good for women's tennis, screams or no screams. She brings in fans because of her style and the way she looks(which is important since tennis is a business.) Also she CAN play tennis. She just needs to work on her serving. I for one hope she gets back on top.

Sid_Vicious
01-16-2011, 04:57 PM
Sharapova is a dumbarse ball basher.

rfm29
01-16-2011, 05:06 PM
Sharapova is a stupid ball basher with a boring horrible game.

That 99.9% of the people on these boards would be more then happy to play like.

MichaelNadal
01-16-2011, 05:12 PM
She changed her pre serve ritual but it's still annoying. Booooooooooooring, mechanical tennis. Sharapova has no touch at all, none, zilch, nada. She's terrible.

That's most of the WTA though.

Sid_Vicious
01-16-2011, 05:14 PM
That's most of the WTA though.
Mauresmo had a quality all-court game.

TheOneHander
01-16-2011, 06:24 PM
Mauresmo had a quality all-court game.

She's also retired.

forzamilan90
01-16-2011, 06:36 PM
the screeching is annoying, but she ain't the only one doing it (and as far as the boring game part, very few WTA are high quality filled with fluidity)

Blade0324
01-16-2011, 08:26 PM
I'm not getting the hate. I don't even notice the "screaming" much. I'm also not getting the hate for her game. What just because she doesn't come to net much. So what, if you can win from the baseline, why not? I personally would much rather watch players slug it out from the back of the court than someone that just charges the net all the time. That just makes me think that they aren't confident in their strokes. The only bad thing I find with Sharapova's game is that she just doesn't more all that well.

cork_screw
01-16-2011, 11:26 PM
I agree. There are plenty of big hitters on the men's side that don't need to yell after they hit a point. The excuse that women do it to help with breathing is B.S. They do it for intimidation which is getting away from actually producing a good game that you don't need to battle someone psychologically. I wonder if anyone's ever head Soderling scream like a banshee everytime he belts his huge forehand. Coaches on the women's side should curb that behavior. It's beginning to serve as a crutch for their inability to play.

dandelion_smiley
01-17-2011, 02:03 AM
I almost had to turn the volume down completely so I didnt wake up my flatmate. I wouldn't care less how she plays, just keep your mouth shut!

THUNDERVOLLEY
01-17-2011, 03:16 AM
Hope she loses.

I doubt you will see her in the 2nd week, so your wish may come true.

Agassi-Fan
01-17-2011, 06:38 AM
I agree the screeming and awful sounds make it almost unbearable to watch. Even if the tv is on mute, it is annnoying to watch her waste time in between points.

Topaz
01-17-2011, 06:43 AM
Hope she loses.

No, it makes Sharapova's tennis look (and *sound*) ridiculous.

Topaz
01-17-2011, 06:45 AM
I agree. There are plenty of big hitters on the men's side that don't need to yell after they hit a point. .

Wow, you've never watched a Nadal match?

Blade0324
01-17-2011, 07:10 AM
I agree the screeming and awful sounds make it almost unbearable to watch. Even if the tv is on mute, it is annnoying to watch her waste time in between points.

How exactly does she waste time in between points? I personally have never seen an instance where she has receive a warning for time violation. Nothing wrong with playing a little slow, as long as it's within time.

Blade0324
01-17-2011, 07:11 AM
Wow, you've never watched a Nadal match?

Or many other men for that matter. Lots of grunting going on the mens side too.

competition
01-17-2011, 07:38 AM

but not screaming!!! i had to turn it off...just too annoying

TMF
01-17-2011, 07:57 AM
Hope she loses.

Atleast she's a lot better looking than Graf.

MurrayisBEAST
01-17-2011, 08:14 AM
She's hot, but her serve sucks and her grunt is annoying.

angiebaby
01-17-2011, 08:17 AM
I couldn't last ten minutes watching her match, I HAD to turn down the volume for the sake of my sanity.I don't mind noise, or even grunting but she shrieks and it's such a shrill, painful sound that completely overwhelms the experience of watching her play tennis. I really, really wish she could do something about it but alas!

TMF
01-17-2011, 08:19 AM
She's hot, but her serve sucks and her grunt is annoying.

And yet, most fans come out to see her play more than other female player. They had her on center court despite she’s ranked #14. She’s that popular. Get a clue.

Joe Pike
01-17-2011, 08:22 AM

There is nothing wrong with grunting.
But I hate screaming.

Screamerova and Screales scream.

sureshs
01-17-2011, 08:22 AM
Why don't the women switch to butt picking instead?

THUNDERVOLLEY
01-17-2011, 08:23 AM
but not screaming!!! i had to turn it off...just too annoying

Perhaps the screaming would be (somewhat) bearable if she retained any game to win majors, but she's certainly in the twilight of her career, so all she has left to offer is....screaming.

Joe Pike
01-17-2011, 08:23 AM
Atleast she's a lot better looking than Graf.

Heterosexual adults prefer Graf.

TMF
01-17-2011, 08:24 AM
I couldn't last ten minutes watching her match, I HAD to turn down the volume for the sake of my sanity.I don't mind noise, or even grunting but she shrieks and it's such a shrill, painful sound that completely overwhelms the experience of watching her play tennis. I really, really wish she could do something about it but alas!

If you so concern about Maria’s grunting, then you should be concern about Rafa’s annoying habits too..picking his @#!#, or wasting time between points, biting a trophy(ewwww). I can’t stand that either, but I still watch his match b/c I love tennis!

single_handed_champion
OMG, she was taking FOREVER between serves, catching tosses (and restarting her rituals EVERY single time), double-faulting, etc etc. Sometimes, with all the time she was taking, and Tanasugarn standing so still to receive serve, it felt like the action had frozen, or my livestream was hanging.

sureshs

They prefer someone who has the face of a horse?

THUNDERVOLLEY
01-17-2011, 08:25 AM

Heh. Funny, but your comment cannot lead to good things in this thread.

TMF
01-17-2011, 08:28 AM
Perhaps the screaming would be (somewhat) bearable if she retained any game to win majors, but she's certainly in the twilight of her career, so all she has left to offer is....screaming.

At 23 yrs old? Nah, you are being nostalgic

angiebaby
01-17-2011, 08:28 AM
If you so concern about Maria’s grunting, then you should be concern about Rafa’s annoying habits too..picking his @#!#, or wasting time between points, biting a trophy(ewwww). I can’t stand that either, but I still watch his match b/c I love tennis!

But Rafa's so-called bad habits don't annoy me. Maria's shrieking does. Hence my comment. I'm not sure I understand your logic that being annoyed by one automatically means being annoyed by the other. :confused:

THUNDERVOLLEY
01-17-2011, 08:35 AM
At 23 yrs old? Nah, you are being nostalgic

Jeeze. Nostalgia means:

a wistful desire to return in thought or in fact to a former time in one's life...

...which has nothing to do with Sharapva being in the twilight of her career.

TMF
01-17-2011, 08:39 AM

The one thing Graf has over Maria is her skill in tennis. But when it comes to good look, Maria >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Graf. It’s no contest.

TMF
01-17-2011, 08:42 AM
Jeeze. Nostalgia means:

...which has nothing to do with Sharapva being in the twilight of her career.

Then tell that to every players on the tour that their career is coming to an end at 23. Good luck convincing them.
Your Venus at 30 still believe she can win a slam. And if you have been watching tennis, you would know !

TMF
01-17-2011, 08:47 AM
But Rafa's so-called bad habits don't annoy me. Maria's shrieking does. Hence my comment. I'm not sure I understand your logic that being annoyed by one automatically means being annoyed by the other. :confused:

I didn’t like the idea you complaint about her grunting and even suggested that she should change. But the fact is Nadal is way more annoying than her and you don’t say anything. Atleast I still can watch both players, but you make it sound like she’s ruining the game!

angiebaby
01-17-2011, 08:50 AM
I didn’t like the idea you complaint about her grunting and even suggested that she should change. But the fact is Nadal is way more annoying than her and you don’t say anything. Atleast I still can watch both players, but you make it sound like she’s ruining the game!

What? Most people in this thread agree her screaming is a total distraction. And I said I wished she could do something about it. That's all. Where did I say she was ruining the game? I think you're reading a bit too much into things here. And besides it's a personal opinion. If Rafa's habits bother you, that's your problem. They don't bother me. Maria's screaming bothers me but that's my problem too. If it doesn't affect your enjoyment of her game, good for you.

Joe Pike
01-17-2011, 08:51 AM
They prefer someone who has the face of a horse?

Nice horse ...
http://www.mylifestyleblog.de/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/steffi_graf_rgb.jpg
Steffi Graf 2010

JustBob
01-17-2011, 08:53 AM
Her serving annoys me a lot more than her screaming. It's painful to watch. Heck, I'd rather watch Rafa pick his butt and Djoker bounce the ball 16 times than watching Sharapova serve...

THUNDERVOLLEY
01-17-2011, 08:54 AM
Then tell that to every players on the tour that their career is coming to an end at 23.

Sharapova's struggles and failure have nothing to do with others. Too bad this little ploy did not work for you.

Your Venus at 30 still believe she can win a slam.

See the 1st reply.

Moreover, the point is that you did not know the meaning of nostalgia, hence your laugh-inducing misuse of the word.

TMF
01-17-2011, 09:09 AM
Her serving annoys me a lot more than her screaming. It's painful to watch. Heck, I'd rather watch Rafa pick his butt and Djoker bounce the ball 16 times than watching Sharapova serve...

But most fans would rather see her play and that’s why she’s on center court. Other higher seeded women player – Venus, Schiavone, or Henin have to play on a smaller court. Hell, even high ranked men players – Nole and Roddick had to settle on smaller court. Maria is very attractive on the tour, her grunting doesn’t hurt her popularity. You are just a minority.

amaze
01-17-2011, 09:16 AM
Sharapova is class. Tennis needs players like her. The OP certainly has no clue in tennis.:rolleyes:

Gustavo Kuerten
01-17-2011, 09:47 AM
I find it more annoying people still watch womens tennis.

FuriousYellow
01-17-2011, 09:47 AM
I doubt you will see her in the 2nd week, so your wish may come true.

Her Qtr of the draw looks pretty easy. The only potential threats in there are Venus and Azarenka and I wouldn't bet money on either to win. It would be no surprise to see Sharapova in the semis.

amaze
01-17-2011, 09:49 AM
I find it more annoying people still watch womens tennis.
I find it disturbing people come to internet boards to lesson what other people should watch.:rolleyes:

[Z]engin
01-17-2011, 10:30 AM
Fans of Sharapova defend her by pointing out that she's 'beautiful' and popular. :shock:

Wow, since when did tennis became a popularity contest or a beauty contest? She's a terrible player and has annoying habbit of screaming after each hit.

She was pretty good, now she's terrible and she doesn't show any signs of improvement, her match against the Thai was really painful to watch.

[Z]engin
01-17-2011, 10:33 AM
She does not compare to Graf, don't mention the name of the G.W.O.A.T. in a Sharapova thread.

She's not even good enough to tie Steffi's shoelaces.

Gaudio2004
01-17-2011, 12:32 PM
engin;5328680']Fans of Sharapova defend her by pointing out that she's 'beautiful' and popular. :shock:

Wow, since when did tennis became a popularity contest or a beauty contest? She's a terrible player and has annoying habbit of screaming after each hit.

She was pretty good, now she's terrible and she doesn't show any signs of improvement, her match against the Thai was really painful to watch.

engin;5328687']She does not compare to Graf, don't mention the name of the G.W.O.A.T. in a Sharapova thread.

She's not even good enough to tie Steffi's shoelaces.

Hang on now - 21 posts in and with the join date in just January 2011, you're already giving your opinion as if it's a fact. Is that the best way to go when joining a forum?

TMF
01-17-2011, 12:48 PM
Sharapova's struggles and failure have nothing to do with others. Too bad this little ploy did not work for you.

You keep ignoring my point. She's still young and there's nothing to say that she's over. You actually believe a player decline at the age of 23 then you are delusional.

Underhand
01-17-2011, 12:51 PM
But most fans would rather see her play and that’s why she’s on center court. Other higher seeded women player – Venus, Schiavone, or Henin have to play on a smaller court. Hell, even high ranked men players – Nole and Roddick had to settle on smaller court. Maria is very attractive on the tour, her grunting doesn’t hurt her popularity. You are just a minority.

Billions of flies eat horse manure... Bon appétit.

THUNDERVOLLEY
01-17-2011, 06:34 PM
Billions of flies eat horse manure... Bon appétit.

Post of the day, but TMF will not understand a word of it.

THUNDERVOLLEY
01-17-2011, 06:38 PM
You keep ignoring my point. She's still young and there's nothing to say that she's over.

Others have already pointed out (in this and the other MS thread) why she's in her twilight years, yet you cannot comprehend that it is her poor abilities, not age--which is the reason for her endless struggles.

You actually believe a player decline at the age of 23 then you are delusional.

This means little coming from the member who did not know the meaning of nostalgia.