PDA

View Full Version : Cold weather

Roadrunner
01-18-2011, 07:25 AM
Just wondering...how cold is too cold to play out doors?

Couple weeks ago one of my tennis buddies and I played after work
27 degrees.....was pretty miserable to be honest. I'm a little to old to be out there runnin' around in sub freezing temps. We did play 2 of 3...but niether of us really enjoyed it. LOL....And I won't do it again. I'm way past the whole BS macho thing.

CityTennis22
01-18-2011, 08:00 AM
I had a good time playing at 35 a few weeks ago, but there wasn't wind which usually makes my day miserable when it's hot out too. It's like 10 times worse when it's cold. If there's wind, I wouldn't step outside unless the temp was above 45.

dParis
01-18-2011, 08:02 AM
How are winters in the Alba-Q tennis wise? While you can forget about outdoor tennis in Chicago from November through mid March, I thought in your part of the Southwest that about half of the winter days would be suitable for playing outdoors.

Roadrunner
01-18-2011, 08:18 AM
How are winters in the Alba-Q tennis wise? While you can forget about outdoor tennis in Chicago from November through mid March, I thought in your part of the Southwest that about half of the winter days would be suitable for playing outdoors.

Albuquerque weather changes on a dime......can be in the low 50's at say 5pm then by 7pm it's in the low 30's. We are lucky though, winters are short out here. And as a poster mentioned. It's all about the wind....What really gets people who come into to town from out of state is the altitude, We are at almost excatly 1 mile, same as Denver and the out of towners have a real problem if they haven't aclimated yet. Also the ball does travel a little further in the high altitude. Gotta riegn in that forehand a little bit :)

billsgwn
01-18-2011, 11:08 AM
I played here on Saturday and it was in the low 40s. The wind did get gusty at times but with good gloves on, the play was still good. Played 2 out of 3 sets and there were only a few courts that were playable on because there was still a lot of snow just off the baseline on most the courts

Steady Eddy
01-18-2011, 09:12 PM
The balls don't bounce right in cold weather. :mad: