PDA

View Full Version : Top Spin 4 Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

flyinghippos101
03-13-2011, 04:00 PM
If Top Spin ever let us share our custom characters, that would be amazing.

jamesblakefan#1
03-14-2011, 10:25 AM
This guy's youtube channel has some vids up from career mode + some other modes as well.

http://www.youtube.com/user/FSGNTV#g/u

PeterPanda
03-14-2011, 11:36 AM
This guy's youtube channel has some vids up from career mode + some other modes as well.

http://www.youtube.com/user/FSGNTV#g/u

My player carrer video was awsome. Thanks! Does anybody know if you can chose any raquet you want or do you have to be sponsored by that company in the game.

Rock Strongo
03-14-2011, 05:05 PM
No, no no. What have they done to Becker???

Arthuro
03-14-2011, 09:15 PM
Got that Topspin 4

PeterPanda
03-15-2011, 02:38 AM
I'm buying it today. Who else?

flyinghippos101
03-15-2011, 02:40 AM
Preordered, will pick it up later today

jacktyler627
03-15-2011, 08:55 AM
going to pick it up later :D

jamesblakefan#1
03-15-2011, 09:04 AM
Just got mine....but I have class now. :(

Will post impressions after class!

bezs
03-15-2011, 09:35 AM
I have to wait till Friday. :(

Power Player
03-15-2011, 09:41 AM
Bought it..will play later..been feeling rough with some kind of cold.flu so the timing is good.

Pidgeon
03-15-2011, 10:44 AM
I have to wait till Friday. :(

Europe ?
same problem here :(

jamesblakefan#1
03-15-2011, 12:21 PM
Ouick impressions of online play.

Haven't played career mode, but played a few quick matches online:

-1st match - Blake (me) against Serena - Serena was able to manhandle me (no pun intended). Kinda disappointing that the women's players can beat the mens regardless, but NBD.

-2nd match - Nadal vs Nadal (3 gms/3 sets). The one thing that came through in this match was that fatigue does play a factor in your ability to hit certain shots. When my fatigue was green, shots were a lot easier than when it was yellow. I lost the 1st set 1-3, and was down match point in the 2nd set TB but won it. Got up 2-0 in the 3rd w/ a couple of match points my way, but couldn't captialize, and lost it in the TB.

Overall impressions of online (so far):
-Little to no lag at all, which is great
-Doesn't seem to be too many exploits, at least from the two games I played
-Negative - Not a lot of UEs at all. In a 3 set/3 gms match I think we had less than 15 UEs between us. Could be a difficulty issue, since online defaults to normal if i had to guess, and I don't see any options to change the difficulty for online matches.

Power Player
03-15-2011, 12:25 PM
Oh man..huge bummer if we can not play on a harder difficulty online than normal. That can't be true..at least I am praying..maybe since you were doing a pro match without your custom character?

PeterPanda
03-15-2011, 01:14 PM
There's no online for wii. Carrer mode is completely diffrent then video. carrer mode is is like kidie no real tournamnets yet like in the video. overall it's dissapointing.

JackB1
03-15-2011, 01:41 PM
Oh man..huge bummer if we can not play on a harder difficulty online than normal. That can't be true..at least I am praying..maybe since you were doing a pro match without your custom character?

There is no difficulty when playing online!!! You are playing human to human!

Power Player
03-15-2011, 01:42 PM
There is no difficulty when playing online!!! You are playing human to human!

Jack, relax man.

The speed of the game seemed a lot faster in general when I played hard. Also, Blake#1 stated, there was a low amount of UEs which could also change on a high difficulty. If I am wrong about this, I will be glad, but every other sports game I have played online (human to human) has levels of difficulty. You had to pay to play Madden on Hard level, and the DBs reacted much faster..the game was a lot tougher and more enjoyable.

jamesblakefan#1
03-15-2011, 01:43 PM
Just played a match on Very Hard vs CPU: Sampras (me) vs Nadal (CPU); lost 3-0, 4-2. Was a tough challenge, but I felt at certain points that I was doing the right things. Nadal was just ridiculous though.

The stats
Sampras (me): 24 winners, 11 UEs
Nadal (CPU): 24 winners, 0 UEs

The 0 UEs is disconcerting. Definitely felt like Nadal could not miss at all. Hoping this has more to do with Nadal being that good than everyone on Very Hard playing flawless tennis.

PeterPanda
03-15-2011, 01:45 PM
There's a youtube video online about how crappy the wii version is. search topspin 4 wii.

flyinghippos101
03-15-2011, 02:28 PM
So far I've played about half an hour and don't know about you guys, but I'm thoroughly enjoying TS 4. Definitely head above shoulders better than TS 3. I feel they nailed the game speed, everything plays realistically when it comes to the pace.

A few things that were in the demo like a few shots not registering or crowd cheering right after a shot are still prevalent in the full game release but they've been rare enough to not be game breaking. Crowd is indeed very dynamic, they cheer wildly for important points and as a nice touch, the umpire tells them to be quiet. As a rally becomes longer, the crowd begins to ohh and ahh with every shot and will cheer loudly with winners or aaaa at unforced errors. So far enjoying the atmosphere of the matches, bar the monotone line judges and umpires.

As for unforced errors, being too early or too late will often result in a shank or unforced. Granted we're still not getting realistic levels of unforced errors but it's still a better system then previous Top Spin games.

Haven't played online too much, got owned by JBF#1 as Fed.

Will get to the career mode and custom player modes later tonight. As of now, I'm very impressed.

JackB1
03-15-2011, 02:33 PM
Jack, relax man.

The speed of the game seemed a lot faster in general when I played hard. Also, Blake#1 stated, there was a low amount of UEs which could also change on a high difficulty. If I am wrong about this, I will be glad, but every other sports game I have played online (human to human) has levels of difficulty. You had to pay to play Madden on Hard level, and the DBs reacted much faster..the game was a lot tougher and more enjoyable.

Oh yeah. Good point. Forgot about that stuff. I hope there is a way to change the settings to play on online game. I picked up the game today and will check it out later.

Power Player
03-15-2011, 02:44 PM
I think you are correct though. It should not make a difference, but playing other sports games makes me wonder.

Mansewerz
03-15-2011, 03:18 PM
Have player motions been fixed? Because otherwise, 2Ksports flat out lied.

rovex
03-15-2011, 03:20 PM
So far I've played about half an hour and don't know about you guys, but I'm thoroughly enjoying TS 4. Definitely head above shoulders better than TS 3. I feel they nailed the game speed, everything plays realistically when it comes to the pace.

A few things that were in the demo like a few shots not registering or crowd cheering right after a shot are still prevalent in the full game release but they've been rare enough to not be game breaking. Crowd is indeed very dynamic, they cheer wildly for important points and as a nice touch, the umpire tells them to be quiet. As a rally becomes longer, the crowd begins to ohh and ahh with every shot and will cheer loudly with winners or aaaa at unforced errors. So far enjoying the atmosphere of the matches, bar the monotone line judges and umpires.

As for unforced errors, being too early or too late will often result in a shank or unforced. Granted we're still not getting realistic levels of unforced errors but it's still a better system then previous Top Spin games.

Haven't played online too much, got owned by JBF#1 as Fed.

Will get to the career mode and custom player modes later tonight. As of now, I'm very impressed.

Wait until you play Rovdasco, you're going to be in for a treat!

woodrow1029
03-15-2011, 05:07 PM
I'm planning on picking it up tonight for PS3. Who is playing on PS3?

dantesinferno18
03-15-2011, 06:09 PM
I'm planning on picking it up tonight for PS3. Who is playing on PS3?

I hope to pick it up soon for ps3

grimmbomb21
03-15-2011, 06:57 PM
Have player motions been fixed? Because otherwise, 2Ksports flat out lied.

Not fixed. Holding rb on 360 does make Sampras go to a platform stance instead on pinpoint, but that's just weird anyway. Djokovic has a more Sampras like serve than Sampras in this game:)

Still, loads of fun. Lost a 4-3 4-3 match against Djoker while using Sampras. He has no way of hanging at the baseline with the ball bashers. You have to get to net, which is obviously lame that his forehand is so weak. But hey, can't win em all.

jlan
03-15-2011, 09:24 PM

Power Player
03-16-2011, 06:08 AM
I am just building my player in career mode..made him look like me (no GHOAT sadly, but a nike featherlite cap instead). Super addictive game so far..I want to take my player online so I figure I need build him up before I do that...or can you play other people without maxed out players online? Not sure how that works yet.

JackB1
03-16-2011, 06:27 AM
I am just building my player in career mode..made him look like me (no GHOAT sadly, but a nike featherlite cap instead). Super addictive game so far..I want to take my player online so I figure I need build him up before I do that...or can you play other people without maxed out players online? Not sure how that works yet.

PP, you get the 360 version like me?

I have to figure out a way to do an online league so that everyone is equal.
I think it would be great to play with created players that image yourself :)
But we would need to put a max on points you can add to their abilities, unless the online interface does that for you?

Power Player
03-16-2011, 06:47 AM
Yes you can only max out to level 20. So once my guy hits 20, I will take him online.

jamesblakefan#1
03-16-2011, 07:33 AM

Last night I was just messing around and played an online game w/ my level 0 pro (I hadn't done anything in career mode yet) against a level 20 and won 4-3 in a tiebreak. So yes, you can take non-maxed out players online.

Power Player
03-16-2011, 08:11 AM
Thats awesome..nice work on that. I was just assuming I would get crushed since I am still average at the game..(barely winning on hard mode).

djarvik
03-16-2011, 09:07 AM
Yes you can only max out to level 20. So once my guy hits 20, I will take him online.

No need :) the matchmaking system is absolutely great now! You will be matched with same or similar level players. Not level 20s.

Also, you have a new rating, a "grade". When you win - it rises, when you lose - it goes down.

So when you are matched up with other players, you are being matched up both, level-wise and grade-wise.

Just go online and enjoy! :)

Power Player
03-16-2011, 09:13 AM
That is insanely cool..thanks for the info and will do.

flyinghippos101
03-16-2011, 11:09 AM
Wow, no Wilson rackets?

PeterPanda
03-16-2011, 11:17 AM
Where is the online game stuff on my thing i cant find it.

djarvik
03-16-2011, 11:19 AM
Where is the online game stuff on my thing i cant find it.

its there, near the other thing and below the stuff.

Bryan Swartz
03-16-2011, 12:56 PM
The biggest problem with this game is that I totally suck at it.

PeterPanda
03-16-2011, 02:27 PM
its there, near the other thing and below the stuff.

lol. best directions ever(sarcastic). does your screen have 5 options on your game's menu. one's like play not carrer and options. multi player games.

TahoeTennis
03-16-2011, 04:10 PM
Hey gang! Just picked this up and can't wait to play. I'm searching for that Vintage Agassi Mullet Skin code if anyone has it and wants to trade? I am willing to buy it as well. I didn't preorder so I didn't get the code!

preacha89
03-16-2011, 06:23 PM
Wow! Just got the game and played as Roger against Rafa for one set on Very Hard. It took me some time to get the timing right but won 6-2. Definately better gameplay speed than Topspin 3.

Power Player
03-16-2011, 06:37 PM
The World Tour is really good stuff. It is cool to play other people and see their created players..really awesome. I got sick of getting crushed by all the Roddick users in the 2ktour, so this was a nice change of pace.

Jonas
03-17-2011, 07:21 AM
Guys,
I am not a gamer at all, but am going to get this and a ps3 today...
Couple of questions: Since I am not pre-ordering, how can I get the Retro Agassi character?
Also, how much do games run these days?

thanks a ton!
J

JRstriker12
03-17-2011, 07:25 AM
Anyone playing this on the 360? Any reviews? Might pick it up after finishing Bulletstorm.

Last tennis game I played was virtua tennis 3.

yaha21
03-17-2011, 11:00 AM
No wilson rackets, 75% of the players including federer has the same exact serve, and they only have nike cb 1.3, air zoom vapor and city court for the nike shoes. they claim they have signature shots for the players when everyone plays generic except for roddick and nadal. nadal's hair hasn't been like that since 2008, they could've at least updated his hair.

what is this crap?

other than those things the game is okay :\

samprasbackhand
03-17-2011, 03:14 PM
I haven't gotten a chance to play the game but to be honest it looks like crap from the videos I've seen. Every video I see, both players are standing in no man's land rallying to each other which already looks stupid and ridiculous...is this really how most of the rallies are?

PeterPanda
03-17-2011, 04:47 PM
I haven't gotten a chance to play the game but to be honest it looks like crap from the videos I've seen. Every video I see, both players are standing in no man's land rallying to each other which already looks stupid and ridiculous...is this really how most of the rallies are?

Play roddick and Nadal on very hard. and your roddick. Nadal will crush you.

1st Seed
03-17-2011, 05:28 PM
IF you miss a shot
does the game allow you to swing again
"if the chance is there?"
Thanks in Advance.
Honestly guys how good is TP4?

jamesblakefan#1
03-17-2011, 05:35 PM
IF you miss a shot
does the game allow you to swing again
"if the chance is there?"
Thanks in Advance.
Honestly guys how good is TP4?

What do you mean? If you mean at the net, then yes. If you miss an overhead lob, you can still run back to the ball and try to get it.

NYKings
03-17-2011, 05:44 PM
Is anyone playing the career mode? And if so, is it really easy?

sman789
03-17-2011, 05:49 PM

It depends on the difficulty you set it on. On Hard it's a good challenge. I'm scared to go to Very Hard. Character is on level 18 of 20 and he'll lose to the pros.

ADD me on PSN for a match "sman789"

Tsonga nDance
03-17-2011, 06:18 PM
This game is so perfect! It's hard but not too hard and theres no way for people to create over powered characters. Anybody ranked high in the 2KOpen yet? I've been fluctuating around 20-30

Power Player
03-17-2011, 06:24 PM

Its a blast..I love it so far. Really fun and in depth. You can change the difficulty whenever you want so it will never be really easy.

Bryan Swartz
03-17-2011, 06:30 PM

AI players do a pretty good job of staying out of no-man's land. Online players will be online players, so ...

I think it's pretty good. I'm playing on Hard and using real tennis scoring so it will take me a while to get far in the career, but the challenge is close to where it should be for me. I've won one and lost one, both competitive matches -- tried a bit with Fed v. Davydenko to get a feel for the high end and it was reasonable difficult there also.

I give the game high marks, but I hate online play in all games so for that ask someone else. It has it's quirks but I see no major issues so far.

Power Player
03-17-2011, 06:32 PM
Online play is awesome so far. Only complaint is everyone uses Roddick in the 2k open, but create a player online is where its at. If you don't play online, I am not sure if the game is worth a purchase.

flyinghippos101
03-17-2011, 06:39 PM
I'm playing on Very hard on the career with real tennis enabled and I'm having a blast. The AI is surprisingly competent and is a real challenge to anyone getting sick of the hard setting. But as of now, the more I play to easier the patterns are to figure out.

Can't wait till I unlock the "expert" setting :D

Bryan Swartz
03-17-2011, 06:41 PM
You're a better player than I :).

I couldn't even beat level 3 players with a level 8 char on Very Hard.

Maybe in a LONG time with a lot of practice ...

flyinghippos101
03-17-2011, 06:44 PM
You're a better player than I :).

I couldn't even beat level 3 players with a level 8 char on Very Hard.

Maybe in a LONG time with a lot of practice ...

What I established early on with my noob custom player against very hard AIs is that its almost impossible to win baseline rallies. I spend most my time up at net with some good results. Just won my first tourny

Bryan Swartz
03-17-2011, 06:45 PM
That would explain a lot. You see, I

1). Suck at playing at the net. I never am able to time things worth a darn.

2). Am making a Defensive Baseliner. A Pushniacki, a counter-puncher, call him what you will.

jamesblakefan#1
03-17-2011, 06:46 PM
What I established early on with my noob custom player against very hard AIs is that its almost impossible to win baseline rallies. I spend most my time up at net with some good results. Just won my first tourny

Ready for a rematch yet? :)

My created guy is level 9 right now. I see you have created Milos...wanna get a game in?

flyinghippos101
03-17-2011, 07:06 PM
Ready for a rematch yet? :)

My created guy is level 9 right now. I see you have created Milos...wanna get a game in?

Alas I had to scrap Milos, mainly because I rushed right into create-a-player mode and he ended up looking like Nick Nolte. Maybe I'll make another Milos further down along the lines, but for now I created my go-to guy, Winston Smith. He's 44 year old, from Great Britain and loves to attack. Might not be able to get any games in in the coming days but very soon good sir, Winston and I will be ready for our titanic battle :)

TahoeTennis
03-17-2011, 08:49 PM
I'm totally addicted and would love to play against some fellow TT peeps:

PSN: ValkorTahoe

jamesblakefan#1
03-17-2011, 09:56 PM
Alas I had to scrap Milos, mainly because I rushed right into create-a-player mode and he ended up looking like Nick Nolte. Maybe I'll make another Milos further down along the lines, but for now I created my go-to guy, Winston Smith. He's 44 year old, from Great Britain and loves to attack. Might not be able to get any games in in the coming days but very soon good sir, Winston and I will be ready for our titanic battle :)

Fair enough, good sir. Give me the time and place and I shall be ready for our rematch. :)

westside
03-17-2011, 10:49 PM
I thought this game was meant to be realistic...

In my career mode, the 2 top ranked players are Davy and Tomic. What is this? ;)

JackB1
03-18-2011, 05:45 AM
I'm totally addicted and would love to play against some fellow TT peeps:

PSN: ValkorTahoe

join our league - see thread here:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=371326

bezs
03-18-2011, 06:09 AM
Playing on "Hard" haven't won a match yet 3 matches in :lol: having fun though.

westside
03-18-2011, 07:23 AM
Playing on "Hard" haven't won a match yet 3 matches in :lol: having fun though.

Lol, took me so long to string together some matches on Hard. I'm scared to attempt the grand slams :lol:

On a side note, has anyone played the Shanghai masters yet? If so, did anyone else find the court extremely tough on the eyes?

bezs
03-18-2011, 08:19 AM
On a side note, has anyone played the Shanghai masters yet? If so, did anyone else find the court extremely tough on the eyes?

Yeah its pretty dark, trying to spot the ball when playing on clay can be hard at times.

TahoeTennis
03-18-2011, 09:22 AM
Anyone else experiencing this?

On World Tour Direct match:

I've had to reset, at thus forfeit the match and lose points several times on this screen.

It just goes dim and the "Please wait...The game is currently finding the best opponent for you..." icon is there swirling around

but it just freezes up. Is this common?

Hot Sauce
03-18-2011, 11:23 AM
Two questions for you guys..

1. How is the gameplay improved from TS3?
2. How are the character animations? Are the service motions, groundstrokes, and volleys true to the pro player, or are they generic?

grimmbomb21
03-18-2011, 01:31 PM
Two questions for you guys..

1. How is the gameplay improved from TS3?
2. How are the character animations? Are the service motions, groundstrokes, and volleys true to the pro player, or are they generic?

1.Faster. And a lot of variety too. 2k advertising that all play styles will be competitive is no joke. It feels smooth and can be as deep or easy to pick up as you want it to be. My 11 year old had the control shots down in a few lessons.

2. Generic. There are only two serve animations to choose from in player creator and all the pros use the same two also. The signature serve of becker is gone as well. If you are picky it is a bit of a put off at first. But the online matches I have had so far have been epic. Would have been nice to see Sampras not using a pinpoint stance on serve though. :lol:

bezs
03-18-2011, 11:58 PM
After playing online i realized i play like a WTA player can't win on my serve and on occasions can't hit a serve ala Sharapova, Ivanovic, Dementieva. :lol:

Its pretty irritating playing in the 2K Open when your opponent is a pusher who uses Nadal who just runs every single freaking shot down. :evil:

backhander
03-19-2011, 10:55 PM
After playing online i realized i play like a WTA player can't win on my serve and on occasions can't hit a serve ala Sharapova, Ivanovic, Dementieva. :lol:

Its pretty irritating playing in the 2K Open when your opponent is a pusher who uses Nadal who just runs every single freaking shot down. :evil:

Haha, yah I just lost to Chang and Nadal.....and I felt I played better lol, just couldn't get the ball past any of them.

Power Player
03-20-2011, 07:58 AM
Im going to try Borg online. He hits insane angled topspin.

Frankauc
03-20-2011, 10:32 AM
am i the only one having problems playing online?. Sometime the server will search for opponents for 30 minutes and i have to restart my ps3 so im awarded a loss. half my losses are caused by this.. I cant play 2-3 straight matches without this bug happening...

hope they fix this

TahoeTennis
03-20-2011, 10:35 AM
That happens to me too! My ps3 freezes on that screen and I've lost about 10 matches that way.

SStrikerR
03-20-2011, 06:48 PM
I've played 3 online matches so far...and everybody's quit right before the end because I'm winning. It's getting on my nerves.

Meriko
03-20-2011, 08:03 PM
Played a bit of online today. I went 6-1, my only lose was at the hands of someone using Roddick, so that hardly counts ;)

jamesblakefan#1
03-20-2011, 08:16 PM
I just blew 8 MPs in a quick game...was up 2-1 serving for it and couldn't close, lost in TB 7-3.

grimmbomb21
03-20-2011, 09:26 PM
What's with the problem people have with Roddick users? I have had opponents use him and had no problems. Am I just not playing anyone good? I have way more trouble with the Nadal users. They get to every freakin ball and it drives me nuts!:)

grimmbomb21
03-21-2011, 07:24 AM
Okay. Nevermind. I played a few Roddicks last night. What a joke. Massive serve, winner. Massive serve, winner. Massive serve...WINNER! Yaaayyy.

jamesblakefan#1
03-21-2011, 08:10 AM
Okay. Nevermind. I played a few Roddicks last night. What a joke. Massive serve, winner. Massive serve, winner. Massive serve...WINNER! Yaaayyy.

I've only played a couple of Roddicks w/ Blake. I just slice the return back w/ the control shot (tap x on 360) and force them to rally w/ me as much as possible. Most of the time they give away the serve away w/ their positioning prior to serve, i.e. they'll move wide to serve wide and move up the T to serve up the T.

flyinghippos101
03-21-2011, 08:40 AM
JBF#1, are you game for a match sometime today?

Power Player
03-21-2011, 08:45 AM

LOl..yeah exactly. I was slicing back as well, but the serve is not the only thing..they gave him way too much power on strokes so you have to keep him moving or else you are going to pay.

I am thinking Borg could be a good matchup..definitley going to give it a shot. I got crushed trying to use Agassi.

Blake is real fun to play with in this game as well.

grimmbomb21
03-21-2011, 08:58 AM
LOl..yeah exactly. I was slicing back as well, but the serve is not the only thing..they gave him way too much power on strokes so you have to keep him moving or else you are going to pay.

I am thinking Borg could be a good matchup..definitley going to give it a shot. I got crushed trying to use Agassi.

Blake is real fun to play with in this game as well.

LOL I was using Agassi as well. I hit some good returns, but if I didn't hit perfectly he got control of the point with power shots and eventually got the winner. Way too much power. They should release a patch or something. Move a few points to stamina and forehand maybe. Even the speed players are not so fast that they are unbeatable. You just have to work them over.

grimmbomb21
03-21-2011, 09:02 AM
I've only played a couple of Roddicks w/ Blake. I just slice the return back w/ the control shot (tap x on 360) and force them to rally w/ me as much as possible. Most of the time they give away the serve away w/ their positioning prior to serve, i.e. they'll move wide to serve wide and move up the T to serve up the T.

Tried some slices too. And drop shots. Maybe the guys I played were just really good. But I did try using Roddick after that and never lost. I was only dropping a couple points a match. So cheap. :)

jamesblakefan#1
03-21-2011, 09:26 AM
JBF#1, are you game for a match sometime today?

Yeah, I'll be online after 4 pm ET, just send me a message.

bezs
03-21-2011, 10:26 AM
I try to avoid using the top ranked players in the 2K Open like Nadal, Federer, Roddick i find it more fun using the lesser used players and beating people who use the more popular characters.

I'm having a lot of fun with the 2K Open no interest so far to really develop my own character. Had a horrid run in the 2K open 4 matches lost in a row and when i finally win it was a match which i played for fun using Wozzi defeating Agassi in a double bagel. :p

Power Player
03-21-2011, 10:30 AM
Does 2kopen reward you more points for using less used characters? I forget how that works, but I thought I read something like that.

bezs
03-21-2011, 10:37 AM
Don't think so its the same 3pts for a win. They should have more points when you use a female character to beat a male one. :p

Power Player
03-21-2011, 10:52 AM
Oh ..that sucks..no wonder so many people spam Roddick over and over.

flyinghippos101
03-21-2011, 10:57 AM
Haven't delved into the 2K Open mode yet but for the most part if people are using Roddick because he's overpowered, then we should probably see a patch soon nerfing his stats

grimmbomb21
03-21-2011, 11:58 AM
Oh ..that sucks..no wonder so many people spam Roddick over and over.

Yeah, I used him this morning and beat some guy called Grand Supreme. He is #5 on the rankings, but he was using Nadal. And obviously runs everything down. I played another top ranking guy earlier that used Roddick and beat me as well. Those two players are head and shoulders above the rest of the mens roster. I would like to see a patch for Roddick, but speed is Nadal's game. I kind of like having to play against him that way.

PeterPanda
03-21-2011, 12:15 PM
Even though i dont have 2k open on my topsin 4. you could have chose nadal or roddick because then you would win. So it's your fault for not picking either of those unless you wqant to lose.

Power Player
03-21-2011, 02:42 PM
Even though i dont have 2k open on my topsin 4. you could have chose nadal or roddick because then you would win. So it's your fault for not picking either of those unless you wqant to lose.

That's huge insight bro. We all appreciate it very much.

J_aces
03-21-2011, 06:18 PM
Does anyone have a copy of this for 360 they dont want. Ill take it off you ;)

grimmbomb21
03-21-2011, 06:41 PM
Anyone try using Simon? I think he plays great and is good on all surfaces. I am getting a little tired of 2k Open now. I kept backing out of matches looking for a no Nadal/Roddick match. It took me over five minutes. :lol:

Power Player
03-21-2011, 07:29 PM
ill try him..i lost to sampras 10-8 in the tiebreak of an epic war. I had the guy on redline stamina and he would continuously pull off insane shots anyway.what a war.

chrism31889
03-21-2011, 09:20 PM
I think its definitely alot better than TS3. The gameplay is definitely harder since I could basically just win matches in TS by have FH,BH and serve in the 90s, but in TS4 all the stats come into play.

BTW add me on the PSN "chris.celia". Would love to play with some fellow forum members to see how I match up!

Yenster
03-22-2011, 12:09 AM
Hey guys, getting this tomorrow for ps3.
Can someone please give me tips on Career mode? Like what attributes should I add first to make my player better? Thanks

sman789
03-22-2011, 11:51 AM
Can someone please give me tips on Career mode? Like what attributes should I add first to make my player better? Thanks
If you want to have someone who can absolutely hit player off the court then dedicate yourself to a lot of power. For each level up, 1-20, there's 10 pts distributed to your character predetermined by a player type. You select Serve=Volley, Defensive or Offensive baseliner. The 10 points aren't always distributed in the same fashion each level so keep a close eye on it.

and add me on PSN=sman789

:)

I'm also feeling stamina may be a bit overrated since you can still work yourself into a rally when you have an empty gauge.

flyinghippos101
03-22-2011, 01:06 PM

For the most part, medium and easy you can spend your levels to whatever you please, but when it comes to hard and very hard, I find that early specialization in serve and volley is vital. At least on Very Hard, early on it's almost impossible to out-rally the AI from the baseline, you need to keep the points short by going into the net and avoid at all costs the baseline.

dantesinferno18
03-22-2011, 03:13 PM
Just picked up topspin 4 for ps3, right after I passed my license test...today was a goof day. Anyone on a ps3 wana play sometime?

bezs
03-22-2011, 10:29 PM
Not quite sure about this commercial for Top Spin 4.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcuNlx3UF_s

bezs
03-23-2011, 05:49 AM
^ No he's not.

There's a bug whereby your created player walks oncourt like he's has a racquet bag but doesn't so his hand is positioned in such a way like he's carrying a imaginary handbag. :lol:

Read there's another one where the created player goes bald after a long match?! Haven't seen that.

chrism31889
03-23-2011, 07:34 AM
I think for the that racquet bag glitch it goes away once you hit the "star level" or something. I noticed that after I reached the mark where I can compete in grand slams that my character actually carries a bag. It may be after some other requirement, I just noticed mine after I went from "rising talent" to "star"

Arthuro
03-23-2011, 07:37 AM
Not quite sure about this commercial for Top Spin 4.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcuNlx3UF_s

That's awesome...she is fine...man.

Power Player
03-23-2011, 07:42 AM
Is Safin in the game?

No, but he will definitley be created by me at some point. They have the Microgel Prestige, but unfortunatley, it's not the Mid. Oh well, close enough.

bezs
03-23-2011, 08:12 AM
I just had my created player hit a shank it would do Federer proud, the ball flew off high into the air and disappeared. :?

Gasolina
03-23-2011, 08:21 AM
Seeing the game was from 2K is there a 2Kshare community where you could upload / download created players? They had it in NBA 2K11.

I'd like to see the create-a-player function put to good use by this.

I don't have the game... but can you edit player stats? (e.g. Roddick's serve). Also it would be nice if the TW community contribute on what the "should be" stats are for created players. I don't want to see super saiyan Donald Youngs in the game.

Yenster
03-23-2011, 02:39 PM
I am loving this game so far!
So far, I'm level 17: 11 Defensive Baseline, 4 Offensive Baseline, 2 Serve&Volley.

I find the timing extremely difficult to master, does it come with practice? I still play on Normal though because it seems Hard is too difficult if you're not fast enough or if you don't hit "perfect" consistently.

westside
03-23-2011, 09:14 PM
So far, I'm level 17: 11 Defensive Baseline, 4 Offensive Baseline, 2 Serve&Volley.

I find the timing extremely difficult to master, does it come with practice? I still play on Normal though because it seems Hard is too difficult if you're not fast enough or if you don't hit "perfect" consistently.

I find timing easier to master on the higher levels. The ball is coming at your faster so you don't have to worry about the length you should hold the button for.

That being said, I still get "Too Late" on all my return of serves :D

jamesblakefan#1
03-23-2011, 09:19 PM
So played a couple of games w/ fellow TTers today. Got crushed by Safin/Grimmbomb 6-0, 6-0. I just could not get a shot by him. He had something like 30+ winners on me, lol.

Did have a good match w/ flyinghippos though. Was close in the 1st set, but I got a break and served it out 6-3. Got more comfortable set 2 and won 6-2, but was competitive all throughout. Definitely hoping to play a few more guys, especially when we all reach level 20.

Pidgeon
03-24-2011, 02:24 AM
I have the game a week now and only play Very Hard...
Career is INSANE !
lvl 16 now and having A LOT of difficulty winning from a lvl 10 ...

but it's great , i really love the challenge

JRstriker12
03-24-2011, 06:26 AM
Played the demo on the Xbox. Pretty fun.

Just wondering, what's the key to timing? It it when you hit the button, when you release it, how long you hold it down?

Power Player
03-24-2011, 06:46 AM
It's both. Hold the button and release (not on contact, but when he should START his swing) for a power shot. tap the button when he should start his swing for a control shot. You want to master control shots because good control shots set up the power shot which would ideally be your winner.

flyinghippos101
03-24-2011, 07:26 AM
So played a couple of games w/ fellow TTers today. Got crushed by Safin/Grimmbomb 6-0, 6-0. I just could not get a shot by him. He had something like 30+ winners on me, lol.

Did have a good match w/ flyinghippos though. Was close in the 1st set, but I got a break and served it out 6-3. Got more comfortable set 2 and won 6-2, but was competitive all throughout. Definitely hoping to play a few more guys, especially when we all reach level 20.

Dewen Savage (USA) H2H to Winston Smith (GBR)

1-0

( 6-3, 6-2)

At least I saved two match points, that's something.

JackB1
03-24-2011, 07:51 AM
It's both. Hold the button and release (not on contact, but when he should START his swing) for a power shot. tap the button when he should start his swing for a control shot. You want to master control shots because good control shots set up the power shot which would ideally be your winner.

How do u get more power into the serve? Some guys I play online are serving rockets and mine don't come close. Is it due to the higher points ratings?

MichaelNadal
03-24-2011, 12:34 PM
Been playing the demo a few days now and bought the game today. Hope to get really good in this and play online with u guys :) ps3 here.

Power Player
03-24-2011, 12:45 PM
How do u get more power into the serve? Some guys I play online are serving rockets and mine don't come close. Is it due to the higher points ratings?

Yeah they probably have a high serve rating and are using the right stick real well when they serve.

Look for a coach that boosts your serve and power also.

bezs
03-25-2011, 06:11 AM
When playing against someone with a powerful strong serve what's the best shot to play on the return?

Frankauc
03-25-2011, 12:46 PM
When playing against someone with a powerful strong serve what's the best shot to play on the return?

control shot crosscourt or down the line, slice or topspin.

JackB1
03-25-2011, 01:18 PM
Yeah they probably have a high serve rating and are using the right stick real well when they serve.

Look for a coach that boosts your serve and power also.

How do u get the most power using the right stick?

chrism31889
03-25-2011, 02:05 PM
to do a right-stick flat serve, move the right stick down to start your serve motion. depending on your serve rating, use the left stick to direct where you want the serve to land. I think, the high the serve rating, the later you move the left stick since doing it too early will cause the serve to go wide. to get a "perfect" shot rating, move the right stick up when the ball is at the very highest during your ball toss. this generally works well for me.

quest01
03-25-2011, 03:19 PM
I bought the game a few days ago for the 360, its pretty cool. I created a player yesterday and I played a few online matches.

grimmbomb21
03-25-2011, 08:14 PM
I am ashamed to say that I have resorted to being a Roddick spammer as of today. The Agassi rocket return winners at the baseline and ground stroke placement. The Nadal get everything back and angle you off the court effortlessly until he gets a winner. And of course Roddicks power game. I decided to pick one to have competitive games. :(

westside
03-26-2011, 06:10 AM
I am ashamed to say that I have resorted to being a Roddick spammer as of today. The Agassi rocket return winners at the baseline and ground stroke placement. The Nadal get everything back and angle you off the court effortlessly until he gets a winner. And of course Roddicks power game. I decided to pick one to have competitive games. :(

Pft, stuff that.

Only been playing online as Wawrinka. Beat someone using Agassi 4-2 3-1 today.

Will not give in to Roddick or Nadal :evil:

bezs
03-26-2011, 06:33 AM
^^
Can't stand it when people use Nadal its like taking the easy way out especially when Nadal looks like a clown in that orange outfit.

The player i have most wins in so far in the 2K Open is Wozzi :p Best run was three wins in a row beating Fed-Djoko-Djoko.

Just lost a match using Simon when i took a 2-0 lead in both sets. :(

I just realized the umpire pronounces Simon as Si-mon instead of See-mon.

10ACE
03-26-2011, 09:26 AM

Do the practice at the start up with fed- and press and hold the button as at the same time you would take your racquet back yourself- move into or towards the ball- set and let er fly.

I was going to say this is the easiest Topspin yet- Had to go to Hard after costing to level 20 and not loosing one match beating fed and nadal 3-0. I think I will go to the top level.

I am coming from playing topspin 3 a lot though in the past.

dantesinferno18
03-26-2011, 09:35 AM
I play as roddick. But it's cause he has always been my favorite player. It's a nice bonus for me :)

ARIARAIDEN
03-26-2011, 10:09 AM
Today was my best Result.I was in the RG Final beat nadal and Federer before but lost to Roddick in the Final.

MichaelNadal
03-26-2011, 10:37 AM
I don't really see what's so hard about playing Roddick online.... his serves are fantastic yes, but if you slice them back it works like a charm as long as you get in good position for where the serve is going, the Roddick's I play like to go out wide with it, so I move over a little and slice it hard down the line on both sides of the court and it's not too bad. The realism of the surfaces is FANTASTIC too, man did they do nice with the clay. I was playing Roddick at the O2 with Nadal and lost, then we played at the French and I ran him from pillar to post :)

On another note, is anyone else finding you can't hit inside out when playing online?

JeMar
03-26-2011, 11:31 AM
Woot, glad I found this thread. I was about to make one. Anyone up for a match? Is there a post somewhere on here with a list of everyone that has the game and their system?

I'm on the xbox 360.

JeMar
03-26-2011, 11:33 AM
Also, who else is bummed about the lazy job with the serve animations?

jamesblakefan#1
03-26-2011, 12:23 PM
Woot, glad I found this thread. I was about to make one. Anyone up for a match? Is there a post somewhere on here with a list of everyone that has the game and their system?

I'm on the xbox 360.

I have it for 360 as well.

GT: dsavbeast012

We're trying to get a league going eventually.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=371326

MichaelNadal
03-26-2011, 12:49 PM
Also, who else is bummed about the lazy job with the serve animations?

PS3 here, but I think the serve animations are fantastic personally. My only complaint is Rafa not looping his forehand enough, he hits it across the body most of the time on the game, which is far off as we know.

Breaker
03-26-2011, 01:13 PM
PS3 here, but I think the serve animations are fantastic personally. My only complaint is Rafa not looping his forehand enough, he hits it across the body most of the time on the game, which is far off as we know.

They've taken several steps backwards since topspin 1 where every pro had their real service motions and also real groundstroke animations, Sampras and Hewitt in particular being spot on. It is pretty lazy when you compare it to the first one and also the Virtua Tennis games.

JeMar
03-26-2011, 01:13 PM

I'm thinking about getting it on the PS3 too. Got the XBOX version originally because I thought it would have a bigger base than the PS3. Is it hard to find matches on the PS3? It was kinda tough on TS3, I felt.

The animations themselves are well done, but they're not the serves most of these pros hit. Nadal and Roddicks are the real serves, though.

MichaelNadal
03-26-2011, 02:20 PM
I'm thinking about getting it on the PS3 too. Got the XBOX version originally because I thought it would have a bigger base than the PS3. Is it hard to find matches on the PS3? It was kinda tough on TS3, I felt.

The animations themselves are well done, but they're not the serves most of these pros hit. Nadal and Roddicks are the real serves, though.

Nadal, Federer, and Roddick's serves look like theirs, I haven't paid too much attention to others, bc their's are so distinct I can tell they are on point. And no, I haven't had trouble at all getting matches online, I go to online exhibition though, im not like in online season modes or anything, don't know if that matters. But just online exib.... I always have an opponent.

dantesinferno18
03-26-2011, 03:27 PM
My ps3 name is Dinferno18 hit me up for a game

MichaelNadal
03-26-2011, 04:25 PM

ok im ncmoviefan

Mansewerz
03-26-2011, 04:37 PM
Nadal, Federer, and Roddick's serves look like theirs, I haven't paid too much attention to others, bc their's are so distinct I can tell they are on point. And no, I haven't had trouble at all getting matches online, I go to online exhibition though, im not like in online season modes or anything, don't know if that matters. But just online exib.... I always have an opponent.

Not at all. Rafa's serve is awkward looking, as well as Roddick's. They're crappy replicas of the actual serves. Not totally off, but lacking in realism. Virtua tennis and Topspin 1 had it down.

And Roger's serve is absolutely wrong. Have you seen how awkward he looks when serve and volleying?

flyinghippos101
03-26-2011, 06:28 PM
Why does it feel like there aren't enough people online? i was shocked to see that there were only 600 players connected

Sid_Vicious
03-26-2011, 07:10 PM
They've taken several steps backwards since topspin 1 where every pro had their real service motions and also real groundstroke animations, Sampras and Hewitt in particular being spot on. It is pretty lazy when you compare it to the first one and also the Virtua Tennis games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du9UeJeFmLg

Well said, sir. Sampras serve is so perfectly done.

Mansewerz
03-26-2011, 07:14 PM
Sampras' game, as well as Hewitt's, were down to a T. And, the other players were at least different.

MichaelNadal
03-26-2011, 08:26 PM

Did you like my slice serve down the T? Lol..... good game, we both had 3 aces.

dantesinferno18
03-26-2011, 10:00 PM
That was probably the most competetive game I have had yet.

MichaelNadal
03-26-2011, 10:18 PM
That was probably the most competetive game I have had yet.

Thanks man, you're fun to play. I just started playing 2 days ago but there's this really crappy PS2 game called Hard Hitter Tennis that I always played up until last week when im bored, and the controls are somewhat similar, so it helped me not be lost with the TS4 system. I played a terrible first game in the 2nd set though lol.

Mansewerz
03-27-2011, 08:52 AM
Thanks man, you're fun to play. I just started playing 2 days ago but there's this really crappy PS2 game called Hard Hitter Tennis that I always played up until last week when im bored, and the controls are somewhat similar, so it helped me not be lost with the TS4 system. I played a terrible first game in the 2nd set though lol.

Jeez, that game sucked!!!!!!!!!!!

Barfy
03-27-2011, 09:59 AM
I'll give TS4 props for having the realistic annoying 12 year old rafa fans who yell out "vamos rafa" between every point.

grimmbomb21
03-27-2011, 10:26 AM
I played a guy last night that appears to have found a glitch in the system. I was in a WT final and saw that I was playing a Level 7 created player. When the screen came on that show the stats, the guy has a few stat categories that were a joke. Power- 115, Serve 100, Forehand 105, speed 100 something. I think everything else was really low. I played the first set and could do nothing. Serve was an ace or I hit it back to the center of the court even with perfect timing on control shots. He got to everything and eventually crushed a winner. I ended up just forfeiting. First time I have seen that though.

Oh, and he also had a gold coach. I thought you had to be at a higher level for that, but not sure.

rovex
03-27-2011, 10:35 AM
My brother is veryyy good at this.

MichaelNadal
03-27-2011, 10:40 AM
Jeez, that game sucked!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah it did! I only played it bc I never bought a tennis game after that one till now, and the controls were really good, ill give it that, I could put a ball WHEREVER I wanted. I feel the same way about TS4 except it's really hard to do a drop shot that doesn't go out or into the net, so I use slice and put a lot of backspin on it instead.

sman789
03-28-2011, 10:30 AM
On PSN now, sman789

PeterPanda
03-28-2011, 11:00 AM
No, me gust por favor. Just kidding that was all i could come up with in spanish but isn't proting stuff on tw illigel.

JackB1
03-28-2011, 11:44 AM
enjoying this game, but there's one thing that really bugs me!

When playing with the default camera, when the opposition serves, the ball goes off the screen at the
upper half of the ball toss. It makes following the serve harder than it should be. When you play guys
online that can really crank a serve "down the T", it's too late when you realize where they are going
with it. I know I can use another camera, but I like the TV one the best.

MichaelNadal
03-28-2011, 02:00 PM
what are u guys fav. arena's/courts to play on? I love playing @ the French. The court is slow, high bouncing and the sliding is great. I can really set up nice shots there. Not to mention it looks great. Same with Rod Laver arena minus the sliding. Shanghai is my 2nd fav HC on the game. I hate playing on carpet though its way too fast and low bouncing.

flyinghippos101
03-28-2011, 02:26 PM
what are u guys fav. arena's/courts to play on? I love playing @ the French. The court is slow, high bouncing and the sliding is great. I can really set up nice shots there. Not to mention it looks great. Same with Rod Laver arena minus the sliding. Shanghai is my 2nd fav HC on the game. I hate playing on carpet though its way too fast and low bouncing.

Really digging the faster courts (Hard, grass,carpet) Absolutely hate playing on the clay courts. As for Shanghai, it looks cool and all but really it looks more like the developer just got lazy and left it black.

whats your GT btw?

MichaelNadal
03-28-2011, 02:33 PM
Yeah my only complaint about Shanghai is its so DARK. I like hardcourts alot too, just carpet is way too fast lol. Whats a GT? I'm assuming its a 360 term. I have a ps3.

bezs
03-28-2011, 02:56 PM
I kinda have trouble with the shadows on court in the Monte Carlo Arena, love the sound of the ball in the O2 Arena and Paris Masters

texasdoc
03-28-2011, 07:25 PM
This is really an excellent game.

I am still playing minors and major -- do you get actual trophies later?

JackB1
03-29-2011, 05:32 AM
When playing with the default camera, when the opposition serves, the ball goes off the screen at the
upper half of the ball toss. It makes following the serve harder than it should be.

^^^^^^^^^^

so I am the only one that has a problem with this? (above)

MichaelNadal
03-29-2011, 06:59 AM
^^^^^^^^^^

That happened to me yesterday once I was like o_O and I think it was in Shanghai. Miami is my favorite court now, not for the way it looks but the way it plays, it's perfect.

Edit: who do you guys like to play with? Im digging Andy Murray right now.

jamesblakefan#1
03-29-2011, 12:53 PM
Dewen Savage (USA) H2H to Winston Smith (GBR)

1-0

( 6-3, 6-2)

At least I saved two match points, that's something.

After a tough match yesterday, Savage improves his record to 2-0 over Smith w/ a hard fought 7-6, 6-3 victory.

I was down 4-1 in that 1st set and faced break points to go down 5-1, but held on, fought back, and took the 1st set in a TB w/ some timely passing shots.

2nd set was close but the break was the difference. I think you will beat me once you reach lvl 20 though, you had me on the ropes big time there.

Power Player
03-29-2011, 01:25 PM
^^^^^^^^^^

Yes and No. It is not possible to see the ball at the top of the toss in TV view, but also is not as big of a deal as you may think.

paulorenzo
03-29-2011, 10:12 PM
roddick is way too overpowered/over-skilled in this game while playing against decent kids in the 2kopen. either that or he's just a bad matchup for agassi. world touronline is sweet and it gives one the opportunity to practice one's patience, especially in the lobby. :)

this game is legit, by the way. career mode wasn't very boring like ts3, and the gameplay/controls seem a lot more genuine. although i was ecstatic to hear of its inclusion, i was disappointed with the ball machine mode. The concept is great, since we all know what it's like to hit in solidarity either against a ball machine, a wall, or to just practice serves, but the delivery was underwhelming.

still, it's better than hitting aliens or chasing fruit.

jamesblakefan#1
03-29-2011, 10:51 PM
I created Ivo Karlovic, or at least as close to Ivo as I could. It's really tough to make a guy that's really good at serve but sucks at everything else though, so I end up w/ 16 for offensive baseline and 4 for S&V to get 61/61 FH/BH, 83 serve, 72 power, 53 volleys, 46 speed, 63 stamina, and 61 reflexes. He still doesn't crank it like the real Ivo does though, and isn't nearly as tall at only 6'4. :?

xeros
03-30-2011, 01:53 AM
On Xbox rhadamante59

Mansewerz
03-30-2011, 07:33 AM
Is it worth getting? I'm thinking of picking it up later.

Breaker
03-30-2011, 10:15 AM
Is it worth getting? I'm thinking of picking it up later.

Yes it's very fun as long as you're not playing a good Roddick player online.

If anyone's on xbox and wants a game add me my username is kilgoraca.
Had a good game already with Fena as Stan the Man against Agassi.

kiwiconman
03-30-2011, 10:44 AM
Is it just me or do the player animations look clunky and unrealistic? Virtua Tennis has a far better representation of each individual's styles and techniques like Djokovic's long, exaggerated swing and Rafa's lasso-whip forehand follow through.

Oh and Ana Ivanovic looks NOTHING like the real person :/

Mansewerz
03-30-2011, 10:44 AM
Just beat Murray in two sets (best of 5 match, I ended it early) with Djokovic.

I feel that they did a great job on Nole's backhand. It feels authentic. They need to work on forehands and serves imo, hopefully with a patch.

I hit around 60 winners and 30 errors while Murray hit 39 winners and 19 errors. A little too many winners, but that's ok. It was definitely fun.

One rally, I hit a high one to Murray at net, and he did a jump, backhand smash. Also, when Djokovic gets tired, he sits down on the ground. Very amusing.

rainingaces
03-30-2011, 11:06 AM
Anyone hit a ace yet as anyone other then roddick?

jamesblakefan#1
03-30-2011, 11:17 AM
Is it just me or do the player animations look clunky and unrealistic? Virtua Tennis has a far better representation of each individual's styles and techniques like Djokovic's long, exaggerated swing and Rafa's lasso-whip forehand follow through.

Oh and Ana Ivanovic looks NOTHING like the real person :/

I think Ivanovic looks really like her, some of the other players are a bit more off (Wawrinka lol)

With the advanced/right stick serving I can get at least 5-10 aces a match w/ anyone. Some have even complained that serving is too easy once you master right stick serving.

Mansewerz
03-30-2011, 11:21 AM

Aced with Djokovic today.

PeterPanda
03-30-2011, 11:30 AM
Agrred serving is so easy once you understand what to do.

MichaelNadal
03-30-2011, 12:00 PM

Ugh i hate playing against Roddick online :(
But yes Ive hit aces with everyone I picked. Its not all about serving flat or hitting lines..... 60% of my aces are wicked slices down the T that they dont see coming. I use slice serves on break points like magic.

Cup8489
03-30-2011, 12:07 PM
Anyone else disappointed with the racquet selection in game?

I mean cmon, no Wilson or Dunlop??

MichaelNadal
03-30-2011, 12:20 PM

Well in the game, they're all just paintjobs lol.

Cup8489
03-30-2011, 01:53 PM
Well in the game, they're all just paintjobs lol.

touche. lol.

But i would've liked to bust out a Kps88 for my character.. but the RQIS looks nice enough as it is.

(FEDERER)vs(NADAL)
03-30-2011, 02:00 PM
just bought the game, don't have online mode so A-rod won't be a problem haha. incredibly realistic

backhander
03-30-2011, 02:07 PM
how do you guys use the repositioning button? The most annoying thing is when my player gets stretched to the side, hits the ball, then stands there, sometimes hops, even though i'm telling him to run back to the other side. I'm at level 20 and his speed is supposed to be good, but i get killed on that all the time.

MichaelNadal
03-30-2011, 02:31 PM
how do you guys use the repositioning button? The most annoying thing is when my player gets stretched to the side, hits the ball, then stands there, sometimes hops, even though i'm telling him to run back to the other side. I'm at level 20 and his speed is supposed to be good, but i get killed on that all the time.

Use inside out more often to jerk them around and keep them guessing. If you arent reasonably close, or the distance is too much, reposition doesn't work. Sounds like ur a little late pressing it though, you have to start predicting their rhythms and using the button a half second, or full second before you are right now. Right around the time the ball is halfway to your side.

RCizzle65
03-30-2011, 03:57 PM
Roddick is so overpowered, my friend uses him and just aces me off the court >_>. There was one game where I was able to hit some return winners off his out wide serves somehow, but then that opens the middle up, ughhhh. They better patch him.

Also, anyone have any tips at net? I seem to lose points once I get up there, lol. Also, how useful is the inside out button, I don't use it at all, but I've been doing pretty well.

One last question, how is everyone's created player so good? I know coaches give you boosted stats once you complete all the objectives, but some people are just overpowering me, and I know I can beat them since I have pretty good timing most of the time.

RCizzle65
03-30-2011, 04:00 PM
Oh, I bought it on 360, if anyone wants to add me you are free to, just say you're from TW. My tag is the same as my username. I was going to get it on PS3 because of the Move controls, but I tried it in the demo and it was pretty meh, I thought it would be like table tennis on Sports Champions, once a PS3 game makes a tennis game like that, I'm going to be stuck in my house forever, lol

PeterPanda
03-30-2011, 04:24 PM

There about 5 or 6 wilson'[s in the wii one but like 3 of babolats:???:

zidane339
03-30-2011, 04:49 PM
Just played the demo on PS3 and loved it. So realistic, five times better than virtua tennis..

MichaelNadal
03-30-2011, 05:44 PM
Roddick is so overpowered, my friend uses him and just aces me off the court >_>. There was one game where I was able to hit some return winners off his out wide serves somehow, but then that opens the middle up, ughhhh. They better patch him.

Also, anyone have any tips at net? I seem to lose points once I get up there, lol. Also, how useful is the inside out button, I don't use it at all, but I've been doing pretty well.

One last question, how is everyone's created player so good? I know coaches give you boosted stats once you complete all the objectives, but some people are just overpowering me, and I know I can beat them since I have pretty good timing most of the time.

1. When at net, the SLICE is your friend. It buys you a little more time, and stays low so it doesn't sit up as well for them to hit a passing shot. Also you can slice with the analog stick down (downspin) and it draws them forward. Drop shots also work well at net too.

RCizzle65
03-30-2011, 07:19 PM
Yeah, I just got the timing of the drop shot with my created character, not quite with the regular players though.

MichaelNadal
03-30-2011, 07:30 PM
Yeah, I just got the timing of the drop shot with my created character, not quite with the regular players though.

For me it's really hard, and I use downspin slice unless im at the net, it's too inaccurate.

Mansewerz
03-30-2011, 08:03 PM
It's definitely fun. I do however think that some players can get to too many volleys, lol.

Cup8489
03-30-2011, 08:26 PM
It's definitely fun. I do however think that some players can get to too many volleys, lol.

Yeah; i have a created player whos an allcourt player but geared towards volleying, and some of the gets are just ridiculous. Also, sampras is devastating, if used properly. Playing against Becker on very hard is a breeze; Becker simply can't hurt sampras in any way.

I'm down for a match sometime, LIVE gamertag is same as my username here.

Mansewerz
03-30-2011, 08:33 PM
Anyone wanna play now? PSN username is Mansewerz

Mansewerz
03-30-2011, 08:48 PM
Just won 6-0 with sampras vs Courier on hard :)

MichaelNadal
03-30-2011, 08:54 PM
Anyone wanna play now? PSN username is Mansewerz

Hey i'll play you now... are u on?

Mansewerz
03-30-2011, 09:11 PM
Good match so far

MichaelNadal
03-30-2011, 09:17 PM
Good match so far

LUCKYYYY, lol I made some stupid mistakes. Rematch in 10 mins ok?

Mansewerz
03-30-2011, 09:19 PM
Can't, gotta get some sleep and wake up for practice tomorrow. I find it embarrassing that I was 1/2 at net with Sampras. :confused:

We'll play again sometime soon though.

MichaelNadal
03-30-2011, 09:21 PM
Can't, gotta get some sleep and wake up for practice tomorrow. I find it embarrassing that I was 1/2 at net with Sampras. :confused:

We'll play again sometime soon though.

Ok cool :) I'll add u as a friend.

Mansewerz
03-30-2011, 09:23 PM
For sure! I wish Safin was in this game. I like using Djokovic though. I've played the demo a bunch of times, so I know Roger and Rafa's games well, but it feels weird having the option of playing with other guys. I am however, happy to see that Sampras is not totally overpowered. Against computers he is, but online, with smarter passers, it's not as imbalanced. I'll talk to ya soon, getting some sleep.

Good night Talk tennis.

Totai
03-31-2011, 06:00 AM
Just got the game. Seems really easy on normal mode. Career mode is fun so far, I have put about 2 hours into it. Created a player, and totally crushing suckas in the minor events

Power Player
03-31-2011, 06:30 AM
I'm pretty bad at the game...lol. Got crushed by Serena online. It's a tricky because it is so easy to get wrong footed in this game, even without using the run button. So a CC to CC rally can be tough..serena at one point just hit an extreme angled forehand and ended the point at will.

So I finally play this guy in world tour mode who had a power level of 100. It was ridiculous how easy he could end points. Only way I beat him was by wrong footing him. He would guess early on my strokes and cheat cross court, so I would get him that way. I barely beat him in a tie break 8-6.

Most of the better guys it sems like you just have to guess right like you are playing goalie on a PK or something every stroke. Kind of sucks the fun out of it a little.

JackB1
03-31-2011, 06:35 AM
I'm pretty bad at the game...lol. Got crushed by Serena online. It's a tricky because it is so easy to get wrong footed in this game, even without using the run button. So a CC to CC rally can be tough..serena at one point just hit an extreme angled forehand and ended the point at will.

So I finally play this guy in world tour mode who had a power level of 100. It was ridiculous how easy he could end points. Only way I beat him was by wrong footing him. He would guess early on my strokes and cheat cross court, so I would get him that way. I barely beat him in a tie break 8-6.

Most of the better guys it sems like you just have to guess right like you are playing goalie on a PK or something every stroke. Kind of sucks the fun out of it a little.

I think they made the "wrong foot" effect too powerful in this game. They have the right idea, but it needs to be toned down some. If you watch a real pro tennis match, points are scored by "wrong footing" an opponent at a much lower rate. Also when u play online and there is a little lag, it makes it even more pronounced. You shouldn't have to "guess" which way to go in order to be in position.

Cup8489
03-31-2011, 07:19 AM
yeah some of the guys who use super overpowered players are extremely annoying.. for me it ruins the realism.

I have a few created players, one based around an allcourt player and the other based defense. Both work well, and I recall a match where I played a pure serve and volleyer, where i was passing over and over and over on the full stretch, haha.

Mansewerz
03-31-2011, 12:06 PM
Playing Davy vs Wawrinka on very hard right now. Intense match. The winner count is ridiculous though

bezs
03-31-2011, 11:12 PM
Had nice game against MichaelNadal, coincidentally met again in the 2K Open and had one of the longest straight sets losses i've ever played. :lol:

Yenster
03-31-2011, 11:20 PM
What do you guys do if the CPU hits a sharp angle that runs you off the court? I'm having trouble with this. Thanks :)
Currently ranked #1 in my career with two grand slams under my belt playing on Normal. Djokovic is my rival lol

MichaelNadal
03-31-2011, 11:37 PM
Had nice game against MichaelNadal, coincidentally met again in the 2K Open and had one of the longest straight sets losses i've ever played. :lol:

Are u Zempt5? Which matches did we have again? Lol, my memory is bad. U beat me with Wozzi and then I beat you when you were Zvonereva I think?

jamesblakefan#1
03-31-2011, 11:40 PM
What do you guys do if the CPU hits a sharp angle that runs you off the court? I'm having trouble with this. Thanks :)
Currently ranked #1 in my career with two grand slams under my belt playing on Normal. Djokovic is my rival lol

Slice it back crosscourt and hope that you can get back to cover the down the line shot the CPU will attempt on your return.

Feņa14
04-01-2011, 01:42 AM
Online I seem to have to use power shots all the time, going for the smart play and trying to open the court with perfectly timed control shots just gives the opponent too much time to crank up the power and put me on the back foot.

Don't know if anyone else has a similar problem?

bezs
04-01-2011, 04:52 AM
Are u Zempt5? Which matches did we have again? Lol, my memory is bad. U beat me with Wozzi and then I beat you when you were Zvonereva I think?

Yeah played you with Wozzi vs Djoko and Zvonareva vs Djoko.

Played with Zvonareva for fun since the total wins for her in the 2K Open was in single digits have never managed to win a match in the 2K Open using her.

Mansewerz
04-01-2011, 05:34 AM
Bezs is zempts? We're friends on PSN!

bezs
04-01-2011, 05:53 AM
Yah i added you.

Totai
04-01-2011, 06:50 AM
my gamer tag on xbox live is t0tai the 0 is a zero. I am up for challenges, eventhough i will probably get schooled :D

Mansewerz
04-01-2011, 09:03 AM
Game now???????

Mansewerz
04-01-2011, 09:09 AM
Game now???????

Mansewerz
04-01-2011, 09:27 AM
How do you deal with people who exploit the wide serve. I faced Federer who just did that. In the corner every time. And it was so laggy that my timing was off. Horrible match.

MichaelNadal
04-01-2011, 10:17 AM
Yeah played you with Wozzi vs Djoko and Zvonareva vs Djoko.

Played with Zvonareva for fun since the total wins for her in the 2K Open was in single digits have never managed to win a match in the 2K Open using her.

Ah yeah, both those matches were intense! And @ Mansewerz, Not too sure, I definitely cheat over to return those, and if they are crazy enough to still send it over there with me in the doubles alley, then that's what they get lol.

Mansewerz
04-01-2011, 11:00 AM
Ah yeah, both those matches were intense! And @ Mansewerz, Not too sure, I definitely cheat over to return those, and if they are crazy enough to still send it over there with me in the doubles alley, then that's what they get lol.

I got ya. I played Fed with Lendl online. He could just crank every ball, and his serve was just perfectly in the corner. I couldn't hurt him on his serve. And when I would get into a rally, it lagged :(

fRa
04-01-2011, 11:42 AM
Anyone playing on ps3? I'm on as psychopathology if anyone wants to play a match sometime !

As for the sharp angled slice serve, you can either use a topspin stroke crosscourt (usually it will result in a high looping shot that will give you time you recover) or, if you can anticipate your opponent's slice, run up to the box and hit a shot down the line. You'll either hit a nice winner or at least a shot that's difficult to get to.

Mansewerz
04-01-2011, 12:32 PM
Oh my goodness, playing Chang on clay with someone with crappy volleys is damn near impossible. He just slices everything.

Mansewerz
04-01-2011, 12:53 PM
Crapppppppppppp! Tired of Michael Chang. He gets to every ball. It's really frickin annoying.

MichaelNadal
04-01-2011, 02:15 PM
Lol what i hate is playing Roddick online the way he looks back at you after an ace or after breaking your serve. I could smash the tv. That cocky-*** glance.

fRa
04-01-2011, 02:32 PM
Lol what i hate is playing Roddick online the way he looks back at you after an ace or after breaking your serve. I could smash the tv. That cocky-*** glance.

Lol, I've got ****ed at the crowd applauding some crappy point won by some lucky guy I was down a set to... I kind of felt like that german kid screaming at his computer screen. But I then started laughing at myself and thought about how I must've looked like a troubled individual.

MichaelNadal
04-01-2011, 08:25 PM
Do you guys in other countries have the "North American" theme song on the game? It's hilarious lol the lyrics.... "we are north american.... for those that still think we're from England, we're like..... no" LMAO it's so bad it's good.

jamesblakefan#1
04-01-2011, 08:33 PM
Do you guys in other countries have the "North American" theme song on the game? It's hilarious lol the lyrics.... "we are north american.... for those that still think we're from England, we're like..... no" LMAO it's so bad it's good.

Well I was watching the movie 'Stepbrothers' the other day and this song plays in the opening credits...I like the song actually. :)

bezs
04-01-2011, 10:13 PM
The "North American" theme song is not too bad i don't mind it. :lol:

I really don't like playing in Cincinnati the court is too light and there's trouble seeing the ball same goes to courts with shadows all over it

MichaelNadal
04-01-2011, 10:47 PM
The "North American" theme song is not too bad i don't mind it. :lol:

I really don't like playing in Cincinnati the court is too light and there's trouble seeing the ball same goes to courts with shadows all over it

Lol yeah I like it too, just the lyrics are terrible and I don't see what being North American has to do with anything lol. Im playing online now and my god is it HARD to win with Nadal. Im never picking him again. He has NO power at all. He doesn't play with a FRACTION of the power Rafa has, it's insane how he pushes. Also almost EVERY time I hit a groundstroke, my player starts moving up into the court quickly and I have to keep backing up. How come everytime I hit the ball I start following it in, no matter who I pick o_O Im getting passed by not staying on the baseline.

Breaker
04-02-2011, 06:29 AM
Online I seem to have to use power shots all the time, going for the smart play and trying to open the court with perfectly timed control shots just gives the opponent too much time to crank up the power and put me on the back foot.

Don't know if anyone else has a similar problem?

Yep there's no drawback to simply blasting as hard as you can every point which is why the Berdych/Soderling types dominate online. They have all of the power but none of the drawbacks in that it's near impossible to force errors by moving them out of position and stamina doesn't really have a big impact either.

forthegame
04-02-2011, 07:02 AM
Any Wii gamers?
My hosts in NY have a Wii and have ordered Topspin 4 from Gamefly. Hoping to play when I get back to NY from my roadtrip.
Hoping that there'll be some wii gamers here!

jamesblakefan#1
04-02-2011, 07:07 AM
Lol yeah I like it too, just the lyrics are terrible and I don't see what being North American has to do with anything lol. Im playing online now and my god is it HARD to win with Nadal. Im never picking him again. He has NO power at all. He doesn't play with a FRACTION of the power Rafa has, it's insane how he pushes. Also almost EVERY time I hit a groundstroke, my player starts moving up into the court quickly and I have to keep backing up. How come everytime I hit the ball I start following it in, no matter who I pick o_O Im getting passed by not staying on the baseline.

Really? I almost felt like I was cheating when I used Nadal, it was so easy to just use topspin to move the opponent around and open up the court for the winners.

Oh and here's the clip from Step Brothers w/ that song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ6kb5MisRo&feature=related

MichaelNadal
04-02-2011, 11:15 AM
Really? I almost felt like I was cheating when I used Nadal, it was so easy to just use topspin to move the opponent around and open up the court for the winners.

Oh and here's the clip from Step Brothers w/ that song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ6kb5MisRo&feature=related

I guess im not as good as I can be, I played someone from TW on there last night and lost 6-0, 6-0 twice, I thought I was good as I usually either win, or have a competitive match with everyone, I had never felt as helpless as I did last night, his shots were moving me around, keeping me guessing, he was throwing PERFECT drop shots in, it was sick.

jlan
04-02-2011, 12:19 PM
I guess im not as good as I can be, I played someone from TW on there last night and lost 6-0, 6-0 twice, I thought I was good as I usually either win, or have a competitive match with everyone, I had never felt as helpless as I did last night, his shots were moving me around, keeping me guessing, he was throwing PERFECT drop shots in, it was sick.

Hey! That was me :) Once you play more, and especially against better opponents, the game will become much easier.

flyinghippos101
04-02-2011, 01:51 PM

The soundtrack in this game is pretty awful, but nowhere near as terrible as TS 3's soundtrack. Would like some more variety;TS 2's soundtrack was solid, if not very limited and repetitive.

This song is probably my least favorite, it just keeps looping over and over again on World Tour Mode for me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcdIahicaLI

rainingaces
04-02-2011, 01:59 PM
I have not had the game long only played 4 games online and just won my first playing a monfils clone wasnt one of you lot was it? Lost the first mini-set 3-0 too then 4-3 12-10 was a classic.

Didnt know you could hit tweeners.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f3qENJlSx0

MichaelNadal
04-03-2011, 04:07 PM
Hey! That was me :) Once you play more, and especially against better opponents, the game will become much easier.

I've gotta practice my drop shots.

Breaker
04-03-2011, 04:10 PM
I have not had the game long only played 4 games online and just won my first playing a monfils clone wasnt one of you lot was it? Lost the first mini-set 3-0 too then 4-3 12-10 was a classic.

Didnt know you could hit tweeners.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f3qENJlSx0

I played a Dolgo clone with my Almagro one and the face on him was surprisingly spot on :shock: it was better than most of the included pros in the game - figured that could be someone on here too.

forthegame
04-03-2011, 07:51 PM
Any Wii gamers?

jlan
04-03-2011, 08:27 PM
I've gotta practice my drop shots.

I played a guy from Australia today. Lost 4-3, 3-4, 6-10. Probably the best opponent I've played so far, and I've beaten all the top 10 guys in both the 2K Open and World Tour pretty routinely.

Drop shots are important to learn in this game, but what you really need to master are control shots. They are pretty crucial when facing high level opponents as you can neutralize their shots easily and go right from defense to offense.

Pidgeon
04-03-2011, 11:33 PM
is it possible to have your custom player play with the wilson BLX racket ??
how do you unlock it ?

bezs
04-04-2011, 12:02 AM
^^There's no Wilson rackets in the game i believe.

I can't hit drop shots for nuts.

MichaelNadal
04-04-2011, 12:09 AM
I played a guy from Australia today. Lost 4-3, 3-4, 6-10. Probably the best opponent I've played so far, and I've beaten all the top 10 guys in both the 2K Open and World Tour pretty routinely.

Drop shots are important to learn in this game, but what you really need to master are control shots. They are pretty crucial when facing high level opponents as you can neutralize their shots easily and go right from defense to offense.

Control shots just seem so weak though? And im not surprised at all that you've beaten the top 10. You're definitely the best I've played.

MichaelNadal
04-04-2011, 12:11 AM

Me either! Unless im midcourt I can or sometimes I can hit them from the backcourt but they have a little too much air and my opponent gets to them. Jlan was drop-shotting me left and right and they were landing JUST over the net. Even when I'd throw a really flat FH or BH at him. What are we doing wrong Jlan?

Pidgeon
04-04-2011, 01:41 AM

Federer plays with the BLX ...
so why cant you play with it ?

rainingaces
04-04-2011, 02:02 AM
I played a Dolgo clone with my Almagro one and the face on him was surprisingly spot on :shock: it was better than most of the included pros in the game - figured that could be someone on here too.

Have not seen him yet will look out for it but why would anyone choose to play with Almagro????? :confused:

PeterPanda
04-04-2011, 02:38 AM
Any Wii gamers?

Yeah. but thereis no internet gameing thing on the wii..

jlan
04-04-2011, 08:06 AM
Control shots just seem so weak though? And im not surprised at all that you've beaten the top 10. You're definitely the best I've played.

For the control shots, you gotta hit them deep. The guy I played hit them consistently right on the baseline either with pace or very high bouncing, so it was really tough to deal with. I've tried practicing it, but it's quite hard to pull off consistently. There must be some secret to it :confused:

Me either! Unless im midcourt I can or sometimes I can hit them from the backcourt but they have a little too much air and my opponent gets to them. Jlan was drop-shotting me left and right and they were landing JUST over the net. Even when I'd throw a really flat FH or BH at him. What are we doing wrong Jlan?

I'll try to explain the drop shot in this game as best I can. First off, make sure you are in good position to hit one, either right on the baseline or inside it. Although you can hit droppers when you're behind the baseline, it's much harder to pull off cleanly. When you set up for the dropper, press and hold the R2 + Square buttons. Right when you are about to hit the ball, let go of those buttons at the same time and then control the left analog stick to where you want to hit the ball. I recommend holding the stick down a bit so the ball stays real short. Try practicing with the ball machine a bit to get the timing down.

Totai
04-04-2011, 08:57 AM
Ok.... I played someone who was 100 power and 100 serve, I couldn't do anything about it. Everything I tried came back like a cannon. LAME!

jlan
04-04-2011, 09:07 AM
Ok.... I played someone who was 100 power and 100 serve, I couldn't do anything about it. Everything I tried came back like a cannon. LAME!

This is pretty common in the World Tour online. When you return serve, cheat on one side a bit. As the toss goes up, move back into a better position. This has always worked for me against big servers. They think you're waiting on one side and will try to hit to the open court. Try it out a bit.

As for the power, use control shots to get it back deep. If they hit a power shot to the open court, get to it faster by holding the R1 button while you're running.