PDA

View Full Version : Top Spin 4 Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

jamesblakefan#1
06-06-2011, 03:35 PM
Well I like it. Game's still not perfect by any means but it's an improvement. Timing matters more and a lot more UE's, which I like.

jlan
06-06-2011, 05:00 PM
Played a few more matches and I think I'm used to it now. All the Agassi users will hate this update, though. He's practically useless now with his crappy stamina. He could absolutely DOMINATE anyone before, but now he gets tired after 5+ shot rallies against good people.

The update has seemed to balance out most of the exploits from before, but I still prefer the gameplay style from before. It's way too "cautious" now.

MichaelNadal
06-06-2011, 06:28 PM
Played a few more matches and I think I'm used to it now. All the Agassi users will hate this update, though. He's practically useless now with his crappy stamina. He could absolutely DOMINATE anyone before, but now he gets tired after 5+ shot rallies against good people.

The update has seemed to balance out most of the exploits from before, but I still prefer the gameplay style from before. It's way too "cautious" now.

Completely agree. I was missing routing shots where I was under no pressure at all. And I can barely return serve with drop shots now, that was my bread and butter lol. It made me unique.

jamesblakefan#1
06-06-2011, 06:59 PM
Completely agree. I was missing routing shots where I was under no pressure at all. And I can barely return serve with drop shots now, that was my bread and butter lol. It made me unique.

Timing is more important now. You get good timing and you'll make your shots. If anything the game plays a bit more realistic, since it's harder to hit those crazy winners on the run. But the missing routine shots happens in real life, so why not in the game that's supposed to be a sim?

jlan
06-06-2011, 11:43 PM
I can't believe it, but I'm starting to like this update a bit more after each match I play now. I ditched Agassi and it seems like the other top Agassi users ditched him as well. He's useless after the patch. None of his exploits work anymore lol :mad:

The thing I like most about the patch is that those flat shot cheesers can't mash the button all day and have their shots skid off the line anymore. It's funny how some of them still don't realize that and go for broke on every shot.

I think you were the only person I've played that did that lol :)

MichaelNadal
06-06-2011, 11:45 PM
I can't believe it, but I'm starting to like this update a bit more after each match I play now. I ditched Agassi and it seems like the other top Agassi users ditched him as well. He's useless after the patch. None of his exploits work anymore lol :mad:

The thing I like most about the patch is that those flat shot cheesers can't mash the button all day and have their shots skid off the line anymore. It's funny how some of them still don't realize that and go for broke on every shot.

I think you were the only person I've played that did that lol :)

Exactly, I got so many cheap points from that sometimes. And it's not easy to do, it takes exact timing and aim. Not like I could do it every point. Now I can barely do it at all :( I loved being unique.

bezs
06-07-2011, 05:08 AM
Takes some getting used to i guess, spraying errors left right centre in my first match.

Lionheart
06-07-2011, 07:19 AM
I'm liking the update at the moment but I still need to play someone good...

Exactly, I got so many cheap points from that sometimes. And it's not easy to do, it takes exact timing and aim. Not like I could do it every point. Now I can barely do it at all :( I loved being unique.

To be honest, at least against me you lost so many point by doing that, specially in important points. I could cruise by service games without feeling any pressure...

jamesblakefan#1
06-07-2011, 08:10 AM
Played flyinghippos last night. Won 4-6, 6-4, 6-0. We both had moments where UEs were an issue, but I think he kinda ran out of gas in the end. Was a good match though, I never felt safe until I had a 5-0 lead in the 3rd. :)

Power Player
06-07-2011, 08:36 AM
It sounds like this game has just gotten more real and balanced. Awesome news!

jlan
06-07-2011, 12:31 PM
I'm liking the update at the moment but I still need to play someone good...

I'll play you again :twisted:

lonux
06-07-2011, 01:14 PM
Hey, record a video of matchplay after the patch, please!

flyinghippos101
06-07-2011, 01:56 PM
Played flyinghippos last night. Won 4-6, 6-4, 6-0. We both had moments where UEs were an issue, but I think he kinda ran out of gas in the end. Was a good match though, I never felt safe until I had a 5-0 lead in the 3rd. :)

Second set was messy. Very little winners, just UEs. The wheels came off my guy in that third set. Thought I could do something with that break when you were serving for the second set, instead you ran away with that match and won the next seven games :(

SStrikerR
06-07-2011, 02:16 PM
More realistic and balanced, but some things are really annoying. Hitting a UE on a routine shot...give me a break.

Lionheart
06-07-2011, 02:18 PM
I'll play you again :twisted:

Haha, I'm online now if you're up for it.

flyinghippos101
06-07-2011, 02:21 PM
More realistic and balanced, but some things are really annoying. Hitting a UE on a routine shot...give me a break.

It's not like it can't happen. Even the pros aren't infallible to UEs on routine shots. That's why I thought if they had implemented this type of system early on in the 1.0 relased, they should've come up with maybe something like a separate "consistency" stat too.

jamesblakefan#1
06-07-2011, 02:44 PM
It's not like it can't happen. Even the pros aren't infallible to UEs on routine shots. That's why I thought if they had implemented this type of system early on in the 1.0 relased, they should've come up with maybe something like a separate "consistency" stat too.

I had the same idea even before the latest update. Basically guys w/ high power stats like offensive baseliners would have lower consistency, which would lead to more UEs. Defensive baseliners would have high consistency numbers.

What you see in real life is that high power guys are usually less consistent off the ground and have more UEs. That's the one thing still holding this game back, you can put everything into offensive baseliner and see no major drawback.

MichaelNadal
06-07-2011, 04:38 PM

I agree, they cranked the UE meter up a little too much. I hit a serve out wide, had my opponent completely off the court, just tried to hit the ball into the open court with a routine shot and it went out.

Breaker
06-07-2011, 05:36 PM
Just played after the update and it's definitely harder yeah. Interestingly enough I didn't face any offensive players, all 5-6 matches were against defensive guys who used slice at every chance which seems to be the one shot that isn't really prone to error.

Am going to have to make a slightly more aggressive character with good volleys to take advantage of the roadrunners now.

JeMar
06-07-2011, 07:31 PM
Just played for the first time since the last patch. Played a Roddick character. It was laughable how many errors we were both committing on utter gimme sitters. Also, what's up with all the random double faults? I can hit a serve without giving it any direction, just hitting it down the middle of the box, with perfect timing and the thing still goes out? If I wanted to watch someone make a bunch of errors on easy balls and double faults, I would've just gone out and played tonight. I think they wayyy overdid it with this update. By the way, my timing is very good.

jlan
06-07-2011, 08:05 PM
Hey, record a video of matchplay after the patch, please!

I'll try to record and upload one the next time I play Lionheart. He's very very good and I think it'll be nice to watch.

Haha, I'm online now if you're up for it.

Crazy match earlier! I probably should have lost that one if it wasn't for Nadal's overpowered topspin that saved me. That's the last time I'll use him. He makes the game waaaay too easy.

Lionheart
06-09-2011, 07:48 AM
I'll try to record and upload one the next time I play Lionheart. He's very very good and I think it'll be nice to watch.

Crazy match earlier! I probably should have lost that one if it wasn't for Nadal's overpowered topspin that saved me. That's the last time I'll use him. He makes the game waaaay too easy.

Yeah, I was kinda surprised when I saw you using Nadal, but hey, it's a playable character not a cheat so who cares!

jlan
06-09-2011, 02:27 PM
Yeah, I was kinda surprised when I saw you using Nadal, but hey, it's a playable character not a cheat so who cares!

Yeah, I haven't used him since the game first came out. I just wanted to see how he played with the new update. Nothing's changed. He's still pretty cheap to use. Just let me know whenever you're free for another match. I really like the challenge of playing you.

Out of all the matches I've played online, I've never played anyone using Tomic. I know his stats are garbage in the game (and in real life lol). I'll try using him for a bigger challenge online. I won't use him against Lionheart, though. I'll get SPANKED!

SStrikerR
06-09-2011, 08:54 PM
So who's everybody's most used character online?

texasdoc
06-10-2011, 01:12 PM
I hate it!

I was dominating playing the career mode with my guy - almost near the ultimate objectice secret achievement and I now can't beat any of the dream matches.

What mode do you guys play online most - 2k or world tour?

I would like to join any xbox live players who play often for fun.

samprasbackhand
06-10-2011, 07:11 PM
any ps3 players up for a match? I can't even find a match online...

my PSN is gotmilk4al

jlan
06-10-2011, 08:30 PM
So who's everybody's most used character online?

I like to alternate between Djokovic, Murray, and Federer. Fed's the most fun to use for me.

What mode do you guys play online most - 2k or world tour?

2K Open.

any ps3 players up for a match? I can't even find a match online...

my PSN is gotmilk4al

Yeah, finding a match now takes a long time. I added you (TW_jlan). Let's play sometime!

jamesblakefan#1
06-11-2011, 09:03 PM
OK so I played my first match against the CPU since the update. Career mode match vs Murray on Very Hard. Basically the CPU still plays by the same rules as before the patch and can still hit the crazy angled topspin shots while making no errors. Murray had 30/1 W/UE before I just turned the game off. Very Hard is too hard now, and Hard is still not hard enough. Looks like 2K Open and WT from this point on for me.

cknobman
06-12-2011, 06:30 AM
OK so I played my first match against the CPU since the update. Career mode match vs Murray on Very Hard. Basically the CPU still plays by the same rules as before the patch and can still hit the crazy angled topspin shots while making no errors. Murray had 30/1 W/UE before I just turned the game off. Very Hard is too hard now, and Hard is still not hard enough. Looks like 2K Open and WT from this point on for me.

Dang that sucks.

I was getting pwned by the comp in slam semis due to its ability to hit crazy angled shots and never make errors. I tried Clay Lovers recommended strategy (post #730) and after a close first set against Murray in the FO semis I ran away with the match. Clay Lovers strategy was great and wearing down the computer and not letting Murray hit those crazy angles shots for winners. Only thing I slightly did different than Clay Lover is when I had a good down the line opening I took it with a power shot (my character has instant rocket so its easy to hit quick power shots).

I need to play some today and see what happens.

FedExpress 333
06-12-2011, 09:53 AM
I love this update! S and V and DB setups actualy work now! You have to concentrate really hard to get a shot in, its great! Best update evar!!!

Lionheart
06-13-2011, 03:28 PM
Yeah, I haven't used him since the game first came out. I just wanted to see how he played with the new update. Nothing's changed. He's still pretty cheap to use. Just let me know whenever you're free for another match. I really like the challenge of playing you.

Out of all the matches I've played online, I've never played anyone using Tomic. I know his stats are garbage in the game (and in real life lol). I'll try using him for a bigger challenge online. I won't use him against Lionheart, though. I'll get SPANKED!

Hey, I'm online now if you want to play!

jlan
06-13-2011, 06:24 PM
Hey, I'm online now if you want to play!

Mannnn, those matches were long! I only recently started using Fed again, after heavily using Agassi, Nole, and Murray. It reminded me how fun it is to play an all-court game again, rather than just ball bashing all the time. GG :)

Lionheart
06-13-2011, 06:38 PM
Mannnn, those matches were long! I only recently started using Fed again, after heavily using Agassi, Nole, and Murray. It reminded me how fun it is to play an all-court game again, rather than just ball bashing all the time. GG :)

You were about to give me the longest double bagel of all time! But then I think I went through the best five games I've ever played against you... still 6-0 7-5 and 6-3 6-3.

I get the feeling that it gets decided on two or three points to be honest and you always come up with the goods then.

Hope you've recorded something because there were some mindblowing points from both of us.

jlan
06-13-2011, 06:48 PM
You were about to give me the longest double bagel of all time! But then I think I went through the best five games I've ever played against you... still 6-0 7-5 and 6-3 6-3.

I always get the feeling that it gets decided on two or three points to be honest and you always come up with the goods then.

Hope you've recorded something because there were some mindblowing points from both of us.

Honestly, when I noticed I was close to the double bagel I choked! Gave up the next 5 games, mostly to you upping your level. I couldn't do anything during that time. At 5-all, I changed up my tactics a bit and squeezed by.

I know what you mean about how a few points here and there decide the outcome. If I get a shot at a break point, my concentration level just goes way up. If I lose the point, I just get ****ed and keep trying for the break lol.

I actually didn't record anything. Didn't have enough time to set things up and I seem to play worse with the camera on lol. I'll definitely set it up for next time. A lot of the points we play are pretty sweet.

MichaelNadal
06-13-2011, 07:09 PM
Lionheart whats ur PSN again?

Larrysümmers
06-13-2011, 11:49 PM
played for the first time at a friends. i really cant get over how realistic it is. everyone is hating on the motions, and strokes, but i think the way shot making is so lifelike.

Lionheart
06-14-2011, 05:10 AM
Lionheart whats ur PSN again?

It is Tomas_BR

MichaelNadal
06-14-2011, 02:30 PM
It is Tomas_BR

I have never had more INSULTING double bagels. The score should have been 6-4, 6-4. SOOOO many stupid points went your way lol. LITTLE things. How you can chase EVERY BALL down and make almost NO UNFORCED ERRORS is beyond me.

Edit: now that second match was more like it. I wasn't playing like a clown. Ur great though man, great.

Lionheart
06-14-2011, 03:19 PM
I have never had more INSULTING double bagels. The score should have been 6-4, 6-4. SOOOO many stupid points went your way lol. LITTLE things. How you can chase EVERY BALL down and make almost NO UNFORCED ERRORS is beyond me.

Edit: now that second match was more like it. I wasn't playing like a clown. Ur great though man, great.

As I've already said to you via pm in game, I don't know how it could have been 6-4... it was an easy match and I was adjusting easily when you played better now and then.

Now the second one you played really better as you got used to my game pattern, although I didn't try to change much as it was enough and I had the chance to mess around a bit and try new things.

Also, you're much better after the update. Stopping the use of droppers all the time and you should continue to play like you did in that 7-5 set, solid in the baseline without many errors.

Good game!

MichaelNadal
06-14-2011, 03:20 PM
As I've already said to you via pm in game, I don't know how it could have been 6-4... it was an easy match and I was adjusting easily when you played better now and then.

Now the second one you played really better as you got used to my game pattern, altough I didn't try to change much as it was enough and I had the chance to mess around a bit and try new things.

Also, you're much better after the update. Stopping the use of droppers all the time and you should continue to play like you did in that 7-5 set, solid in the baseline without many errors.

Good game!

Because I only played one bad service game in that set, I had game point in all the other ones and made silly UE's. It's ok though im gonna beat you one day sooooooon :) Thanks man.

Lionheart
06-14-2011, 03:31 PM
Hehe, I'll take note of that when it happens ;)

Edit: And I'll also make sure to not let you have game points on your serve next time :twisted:

MichaelNadal
06-14-2011, 03:38 PM
Hehe, I'll take note of that when it happens ;)

Edit: And I'll also make sure to not let you have game points on your serve next time :twisted:

I don't plan on giving u a choice lol :) Ur really good though, I have to hit like 5 winners against you for 1 point.

jlan
06-14-2011, 04:05 PM
Sounds like you guys had good matches :)

BTW, have any of you played kekkolab? The guy is a BEAST. He completely destroyed me when I was playing my hardest.

Anyone down to play today? I feel like taking out my frustrations lol :twisted:

Lionheart
06-14-2011, 04:07 PM
Sounds like you guys had good matches :)

BTW, have any of you played kekkolab? The guy is a BEAST. He completely destroyed me when I was playing my hardest.

Anyone down to play today? I feel like taking out my frustrations lol :twisted:

No I haven't, what's his PSN name?

jlan
06-14-2011, 04:15 PM
No I haven't, what's his PSN name?

That's his PSN: kekkolab. Play him.. if you dare :twisted:

MichaelNadal
06-14-2011, 07:09 PM

Lol he must be REALLY good. Honestly I don't understand how some people can be so good. They are using the same players and same controller as me, so I don't get it. It feels like they are playing a whole diff game sometimes.

jlan
06-14-2011, 09:27 PM
Lol he must be REALLY good. Honestly I don't understand how some people can be so good. They are using the same players and same controller as me, so I don't get it. It feels like they are playing a whole diff game sometimes.

He's amazingly good at this game. I thought I was pretty good until he took me to school. I could barely win points against him. I have no idea how he plays so well. I thought I mastered all the techniques and strategies of this game, but he takes it to a different level. If you get the chance to play him you'll see what I mean.

Sveinsson
06-15-2011, 04:14 AM
If anyone wants to play or help boost trophies on the PS3 add me.

PSN: Sveinsson

The_Question
06-15-2011, 06:25 AM
Got this game for PS3 a couple days ago. Never played Top Spin before, but only the Virtua Tennis series. Wow, the controls on Top Spin sucks...maybe I'm not used to it compared to VT...

jlan
06-15-2011, 10:54 AM
Got this game for PS3 a couple days ago. Never played Top Spin before, but only the Virtua Tennis series. Wow, the controls on Virtua Tennis sucks.

There, fixed it for you ;)

I've played every game in both series and VT controls are crazy simple, as it should be for an arcade game. In TS, you actually need good shot selection and strategy.

Feel free to add me on PSN: TW_jlan

:)

Lionheart
06-15-2011, 02:06 PM

Turns out I've checked Players Met on PSN and I have played him recently :shock:

There was a guy who destroyed me not a while ago, I hope that's not him!

jlan
06-15-2011, 02:36 PM
Turns out I've checked Players Met on PSN and I have played him recently :shock:

There was a guy who destroyed me not a while ago, I hope that's not him!

That's probably him lol. If you remember playing mullet-Agassi recently, that was him. I pretty much mastered Agassi's exploits, but when I faced him, he showed me some stuff I didn't even know you could do in the game. Crazy sharp angles (even after the update) and IMPENETRABLE defense, like seriously, he got to everything and hit it back with authority AND was back in position for the next shot :???:

rovex
06-16-2011, 03:35 AM

I played him, got 1 game off him playing with Murray. If I had played with nadal i'm optimistic i would been much more successful.

BigServer1
06-16-2011, 10:33 AM
Finally got around to picking up the game last night...Took me three months. First thing that it did was give me the update, lol. I'll try and play a bit more and then start posting regularly around here.

I need to reup my XBox Live subscription...

jlan
06-16-2011, 10:38 AM
I played him, got 1 game off him playing with Murray. If I had played with nadal i'm optimistic i would been much more successful.

That's pretty good. I had to work fairly hard just to win 2 games off him. You wanna play some time? Feel free to add me on PSN: TW_jlan

Brollipower
06-16-2011, 01:14 PM
I've played and beaten him a couple of weeks ago. It was a tough match though guess he's a deserving number 1.

jlan
06-16-2011, 01:19 PM
I've played and beaten him a couple of weeks ago. It was a tough match though guess he's a deserving number 1.

I WANNA PLAY YOU! :D

Brollipower
06-16-2011, 01:55 PM
The persons you don't wanna play is that idot wefan en rushd0wn. After i beat them they send me messages using curse words.
Wefan is the clown using dropshots all the time en rushd0wn is a short angled top spin spam *****.

MichaelNadal
06-16-2011, 03:36 PM
The persons you don't wanna play is that idot wefan en rushd0wn. After i beat them they send me messages using curse words.
Wefan is the clown using dropshots all the time en rushd0wn is a short angled top spin spam *****.

http://michaeljacksonanimatedgifs.com/images/others/mjgifs32.gif

jlan
06-16-2011, 04:11 PM
^ LOL.

My roommates just got a couple Move controllers and we played TS4. Shots definitely didn't feel as precise and land like they do with the normal controller. It's kinda fun to mess around with, but definitely not for competitive play.

MichaelNadal
06-16-2011, 04:17 PM
^ I was wondering about that, and didn't think so. No way i'd play online with those things, competition is stiff enough as it is lol.

jlan
06-16-2011, 04:31 PM
^ I was wondering about that, and didn't think so. No way i'd play online with those things, competition is stiff enough as it is lol.

Yeah, most definitely not for online play, though it does make for a bit of a challenge. These motion controls are better suited for arcade tennis games, but no way a simulator.

MichaelNadal
06-16-2011, 04:37 PM
Yeah, most definitely not for online play, though it does make for a bit of a challenge. These motion controls are better suited for arcade tennis games, but no way a simulator.

I don't know WHAT IT IS but I hate playing Lionheart. At least against you I feel competitive. I can't keep the ball in the court when I play him. I hit UE after UE, it's insane. It's like I have no control over the most routine shots.

Lionheart
06-16-2011, 04:47 PM
Dude, although I don't play with any of the help indicators on, you should try it at least against me or better people, put the timing one on.

Another thing is that you seem to have R1 pressed all the time, it really puts you off balance and you end up so many times in the middle of the court (no man's land).

Finally, stop drop shotting all the time, it's a surprise thing and you should also play a bit more percentage tennis.

And don't worry I'll keep my mouth shut about our last match ;)

jlan
06-16-2011, 04:48 PM
I don't know WHAT IT IS but I hate playing Lionheart. At least against you I feel competitive. I can't keep the ball in the court when I play him. I hit UE after UE, it's insane. It's like I have no control over the most routine shots.

I think I know what you mean. I can't really play my "normal" game against him. I like to attack and finish at net, but it's hard against his good defense.

I see you guys are online! Lemme get winner :)

MichaelNadal
06-16-2011, 04:51 PM
Dude, although I don't play with any of the help indicators on, you should try it at least against me or better people, put the timing one on.

Another thing is that you seem to have R1 pressed all the time, it really puts you off balance and you end up so many times in the middle of the court (no man's land).

Finally, stop drop shotting all the time, it's a surprise thing and you should also play a bit more percentage tennis.

And don't worry I'll keep my mouth shut about our last match ;)

I SO DO, I thought that helped. I'll have to practice without it, bc I always play with R1 on every point.

jlan
06-16-2011, 04:59 PM

When the demo was out, the first thing I did was turn off all of those indicators. Useless! For me at least :)

I SO DO, I thought that helped. I'll have to practice without it, bc I always play with R1 on every point.

It does help create some more angled shots, but as he said, it'll place you in the wrong position if you use it at the wrong times.

Lionheart
06-16-2011, 05:04 PM

Yeah, cut that and the droppers. You should really only use R1 when chasing balls like the ones I had to on that point just now with gazillions volleys.

By the way Murray is the best thing I ever chose. I had never played with him before yesterday and it seems Federer was holding me back!

Well, lets see if I finally beat Jlan.

MichaelNadal
06-16-2011, 05:14 PM
Ok, i'll have to practice and take your advice, when we played that last match I was using R1 as little as possible and it felt really weird, so it's gonna take some getting used to.

Lionheart
06-16-2011, 05:48 PM
Finally did it! And with a 6-1 6-0 win!

I was in god mode today (Murray mode I should say), it was the best I've ever played this little thing lol

jlan
06-16-2011, 05:55 PM
Finally did it! And with a 6-1 6-0 win!

Yup, you owned me lol. I pretty much gave up after the first set. Your return game is crazy now with Murray :shock:

Can't wait for the next match. I need revenge :twisted: GG

SStrikerR
06-16-2011, 06:19 PM
Congrats. I really wish I had gold so I could play some of you guys. I'll have to go buy a gold card tomorrow or something.

MichaelNadal
06-16-2011, 06:51 PM
Yup, you owned me lol. I pretty much gave up after the first set. Your return game is crazy now with Murray :shock:

Can't wait for the next match. I need revenge :twisted: GG

SEE, he's good now man, it's ridiculous. I only got one game too lol. At least I got a 7-5 set the other day.

jlan
06-16-2011, 07:21 PM
Congrats. I really wish I had gold so I could play some of you guys. I'll have to go buy a gold card tomorrow or something.

The best players are on PS3 ;) I kid, I kid. Yeah, the real fun is online. Forget any of that career junk.

SEE, he's good now man, it's ridiculous. I only got one game too lol. At least I got a 7-5 set the other day.

He was already really good before, but as he said, Fed was holding him back. I wasn't prepared for the brutality of Murray's forehand LOL.

SStrikerR
06-16-2011, 07:51 PM
Speaking of Murray's forehand, do the stats of pros in this game bother anybody else? Since when was Murray's forehand god, and Federer's serve crap?

dcdoorknob
06-16-2011, 08:40 PM
Speaking of Murray's forehand, do the stats of pros in this game bother anybody else? Since when was Murray's forehand god, and Federer's serve crap?

Murray's forehand being rated higher than his backhand has been a head scratcher from day one. It just makes no sense.

On a lesser level it's the same thing with Wozniacki. Everyone knows her backhand is better, except for the topspin creators apparently.

jamesblakefan#1
06-16-2011, 08:51 PM
The ratings were a joke, I said that back when I first saw them. Even now when I play Murray get killed because I hit to his FH since everyone knows it's weaker IRL, but not in TS4.

Fed's overall too weak, maybe they put too much stock into Fed's struggles last year lol. But his stats and Blake's stats aren't that different, except for Fed's 93 BH, but his volley, serve, and even BH are all too low.

Nadal's the only overpowered pro, and Agassi's stats are a bit too high, but he's the coverboy so that's expected. Pretty much the 3 players on the cover are the 3 most overrated in the game, just like every other game overrates their cover athletes. :)

Blake's serve is also overrated, for some reason he's a 'focus serve' and rated 79, I don't think Blake's serve has been that strong since maybe 07-08. :)

Lionheart
06-17-2011, 06:45 AM
He was already really good before, but as he said, Fed was holding him back. I wasn't prepared for the brutality of Murray's forehand LOL.

I think what really made a difference was the buffed up backhand (comparing to Fed of course) and also the speed. No longer having to worry about defending one side (backhand) and using the other to attack really makes me feel more confident to construct points the way I want to. Murray's returns are also insane, his volleys are crap though.

Tennis Is Magic
06-17-2011, 07:46 AM

The stats bother me, too. Wozniacki forehand a 5? LOL

I play on the Wii, so no online mode :( the game is easy sometimes when you play a computer (even on the harder levels), sometimes players hit alternate between hitting one-handed and two-handed topspin backhands (Federer does it at LEAST 5-6 times a match), and the science of swinging isn't always exact when using the motion controls, but it's still a fun game. You can tell it's still a video game by the fact that every match ends 80 winners to 4 unforced errors, but it's a game that's nice to pick up and play for 20 minutes or so at a time.

BigServer1
06-17-2011, 08:27 AM

I play on the Wii, so no online mode :( the game is easy sometimes when you play a computer (even on the harder levels), sometimes players hit alternate between hitting one-handed and two-handed topspin backhands (Federer does it at LEAST 5-6 times a match), and the science of swinging isn't always exact when using the motion controls, but it's still a fun game. You can tell it's still a video game by the fact that every match ends 80 winners to 4 unforced errors, but it's a game that's nice to pick up and play for 20 minutes or so at a time.

Maybe it's dumbed down some on the Wii, but it seems (with the new updates at least) that this game is getting pretty realistic. I make a fair amount of UEs, but maybe that's because I'm laughably bad atm.

Gotta get some practice time in this weekend.

jlan
06-17-2011, 08:58 PM
WOOOOO!! Got some sweet sweet revenge just now. Played an epic 1 hour 5 minute match with Lionheart. Lots of INSANE points were played out. Managed to save a couple of match points and squeezed by with the win.

Final score 6-7, 6-4, 13-11 :D

MichaelNadal
06-17-2011, 09:41 PM
WOOOOO!! Got some sweet sweet revenge just now. Played an epic 1 hour 5 minute match with Lionheart. Lots of INSANE points were played out. Managed to save a couple of match points and squeezed by with the win.

Final score 6-7, 6-4, 13-11 :D

You guys are so even it's sick lol. That sounds like one HELL of a match!

jlan
06-17-2011, 10:40 PM
You guys are so even it's sick lol. That sounds like one HELL of a match!

IT WAS!

I felt I should have won the 1st set tiebreak, but he returned a couple of drop shots that BARELY went over the net AND he was so far behind the baseline. I nearly turned off my PS3 I couldn't believe it. Ended up losing the breaker from frustration.

In the 2nd set, I got off to a good 4-0 start. Then he came back to make it on serve again. Getting those next 2 games to win the set was an absolute struggle.

In the super tiebreak, I almost gave up when I was down 2-6. He played a few loose points and soon enough it was 7-7. We both had to save a couple of match points each before I finally ended up winning.

Murray's forehand is stupidly good in this game, even better than his backhand :confused: His retrieving abilities are even more crazy. His movement in real life is amazing, but don't give him teleporting powers in the game. He's that good if you know how to use him, and Lionheart can use him! You won't believe how many quality shots it took to win some points in our match :shock:

Lionheart
06-17-2011, 11:08 PM
IT WAS!

I felt I should have won the 1st set tiebreak, but he returned a couple of drop shots that BARELY went over the net AND he was so far behind the baseline. I nearly turned off my PS3 I couldn't believe it. Ended up losing the breaker from frustration.

In the 2nd set, I got off to a good 4-0 start. Then he came back to make it on serve again. Getting those next 2 games to win the set was an absolute struggle.

In the super tiebreak, I almost gave up when I was down 2-6. He played a few loose points and soon enough it was 7-7. We both had to save a couple of match points each before I finally ended up winning.

Murray's forehand is stupidly good in this game, even better than his backhand :confused: His retrieving abilities are even more crazy. His movement in real life is amazing, but don't give him teleporting powers in the game. He's that good if you know how to use him, and Lionheart can use him! You won't believe how many quality shots it took to win some points in our match :shock:

Those dropshots, man, how did I pull them off...

And yeah the super tie was crazy, I wasted two match points because I missed two dropshots like an amateur instead of builiding the point, guess I was a bit nervous :)

I'll stop here or I'll have to write pages describing the match lol, I'll only say that in the end I sat back staring at the TV kinda amazed to be honest. I guess you did too since neither of us skipped the final cutscenes.

Edit: about Murray, I still feel, dispite of the stats, that Federer is faster. I don't know why though lol. Also, Borg is quite a machine as well.

jlan
06-17-2011, 11:39 PM
Those dropshots, man, how did I pull them off...

And yeah the super tie was crazy, I wasted two match points because I missed two dropshots like an amateur instead of builiding the point, guess I was a bit nervous :)

I'll stop here or I'll have to write pages describing the match lol, I'll only say that in the end I sat back staring at the TV kinda amazed to be honest. I guess you did too since neither of us skipped the final cutscenes.

Edit: about Murray, I still feel, dispite of the stats, that Federer is faster. I don't know why though lol. Also, Borg is quite a machine as well.

I was pretty surprised you didn't attack net more often. Even though his stats aren't too good for volleys, you still know how to place the ball well. Those drop volleys were KILLING me.

Yup, at the end I kinda just sat back, dropped the controller, and laughed at how long and crazy that match was.

It's weird. Murray has an extra turbo boost. I know you can hold a button to speed up to get to the ball, but with Murray it's amplified. That's why I think he's faster in the game than Federer. You also don't have to worry about being pushed around on the weaker side.

Zildite
06-18-2011, 06:17 PM

I think Jankovic is overrated stat wise.
Tied for the best FH with Woz and Ivanovic.
Best BH by a comfortable margin.
Best speed by a comfortable margin.
Then along with her special abilities she seems to be the best female character?

Also Bouchard has a better FH than Serena.

I guess Roger has kind of attenuated stats to not make him overpowered? In Smash Court Tennis 3 I think he is also underpowered with Nadal being the best character.

Murray's forehand being rated higher than his backhand has been a head scratcher from day one. It just makes no sense.

Rated higher than Nadal even :shock:

I have to admit I haven't felt as major a difference as some people have been describing with the new patch...Maybe I need to play more, been too busy :)

MichaelNadal
06-18-2011, 06:44 PM
I can't believe how much better im playing now that I stopped using R1, I haven't lost a match all day,(except jlan) and just won an amazing 66 shot rally :)

bezs
06-19-2011, 02:02 AM
Got massacred by jlan. :oops:

Clay lover
06-19-2011, 03:29 AM
Do any of you guys play with xbox? And is the lag bad when you play with somebody in Asia? Cus I live in Asia :oops:

PeterPanda
06-19-2011, 06:19 AM

I have the wii too. Mt only complaint is no online mode which i was really looking forward too. I bought it on the day i came out.

flyinghippos101
06-19-2011, 07:33 AM
Do any of you guys play with xbox? And is the lag bad when you play with somebody in Asia? Cus I live in Asia :oops:

I was playing someone in Australia and the lag was pretty bad. But w/e, hit me up.

GT: flyinghippos101

redsoxfan
06-19-2011, 08:01 AM
ive really bad lag and ive given up hooking up with others

FedExpress 333
06-19-2011, 11:21 AM
@ claylover: not really. GT is RainingAmoeba79

Laba
06-19-2011, 05:21 PM
Finally picked this game up two days ago after too much of a delay. Struggling with timing the ball though am curious to ask; what CPU difficulty did everyone start with, and how long has it taken them to get up to whatever they're playing at now?

I've just played a handful of exhibition matches with one long match (Rafa vs Muzz) which I managed to win 6-7, 6-4, 10-5. Took me an hour and five minutes, doubt I'd have won if I wasn't using Nadal with the match on clay lol.

I'm playing on 'Hard' difficulty to begin, and of the players I've taken on so far, Federer has seemed the most vulnerable with ten errors from his backhand side when I played against him with Djokovic. Still he beat me in two tiebreakers though as he GOATed his way across the finish line with several forehand winners like he kicked me back into '06. :oops:

BigServer1
06-19-2011, 06:44 PM
I keep hearing about a turbo button, but I also hear that it's RB1.

Is that true? B/c RB1 doesn't do me a whole lot of good for repositioning/S&V.

jlan
06-20-2011, 12:33 AM
Got massacred by jlan. :oops:

Sorry! ;)

I also played TahoeTennis earlier. Jeez his created player has a massive forehand. All I did was hit it to his backhand :twisted:

flyinghippos101
06-20-2011, 08:07 PM
I have finally starting delving into 2K tour mode. Was on an epic 15- match win streak with Fed. My streak came to an end after losing a match I should have won against a Djokovic. I was up 2-0, serving 30-0 up in each set and found a way to lose it. I choked, true Federer-style.

SStrikerR
06-20-2011, 11:28 PM
Finally picked this game up two days ago after too much of a delay. Struggling with timing the ball though am curious to ask; what CPU difficulty did everyone start with, and how long has it taken them to get up to whatever they're playing at now?

I've just played a handful of exhibition matches with one long match (Rafa vs Muzz) which I managed to win 6-7, 6-4, 10-5. Took me an hour and five minutes, doubt I'd have won if I wasn't using Nadal with the match on clay lol.

I'm playing on 'Hard' difficulty to begin, and of the players I've taken on so far, Federer has seemed the most vulnerable with ten errors from his backhand side when I played against him with Djokovic. Still he beat me in two tiebreakers though as he GOATed his way across the finish line with several forehand winners like he kicked me back into '06. :oops:

I started at Hard, Very Hard was easy soon after I got the game.

Laba
06-21-2011, 04:20 PM
Can 'coach objectives' be completed during exhibition matches or do they only get tallied during career mode?

jamesblakefan#1
06-21-2011, 07:37 PM
Can 'coach objectives' be completed during exhibition matches or do they only get tallied during career mode?

Yes, coach objectives can be completed through any game mode I think, even King of the Court.

Laba
06-22-2011, 08:50 PM
Cool, cheers.

So what oes everyone have as their 'set up' for their created players? Currently modeling my first guy off myself so he's at 2-7-9 so far I think, not at level 20 yet but my serve sucks ***. Currently have the gold coach who rewards 'topspin invasion' and 'poisoned slices', though not sure how much of an impact these kind of attributes really make.

Zildite
06-22-2011, 11:34 PM
I have
DB player with 'reach swings expert' and 'passing shot sniper' (Snezana Slavina) @ 0-1-19 lol
S&V player with 'semi-volley king' and 'spectacular volleys' (Jack Landcraft) @ 14-4-2
All around player with the same coach as you I think (Peto Chesire) @ 5-7-8
...and a female with 'topspin invasion' and 'monster defense' under Pei Jing Quah as coach just to see what it was like, since everyone seems to hate it and its banned on ITST :) @ 0-8-12
I used to have a heavy OB guy but I overwrote him. 90+ serve and power.

I wish there were more save slots :mad::)

I was also wondering if your return of serve is based on your reflexes? Noted ROS guys like Murray, Djokovic and Agassi all have high reflexes and you can crush returns more easily with them. I thought it was more to do with reactions at the net or something at first, since pure S&V created players have 85 reflexes, while OB and DB are at 50. Also Rafter has high reflexes. Sampras isnt that high though.
I thought it was kind of ambiguous initially, I'm guessing it helps ROS and netplay now :-?

MichaelNadal
06-23-2011, 03:53 PM
Sorry! ;)

I also played TahoeTennis earlier. Jeez his created player has a massive forehand. All I did was hit it to his backhand :twisted:

Man I played lionheart today and won the first set 6-3 lol, I couldn't believe it. I was playing really well, then I got comfortable and he broke me in my first service game in the second set, so I knew I wouldn't be able to break him twice to win it, so I kinda was like ok, I won't do anything crazy, I'll go all out in the 3rd.... :oops: I forgot the third was a super tiebreak and I lost it 0-10, that's what I get lol.

Lionheart
06-23-2011, 04:25 PM
Man I played lionheart today and won the first set 6-3 lol, I couldn't believe it. I was playing really well, then I got comfortable and he broke me in my first service game in the second set, so I knew I wouldn't be able to break him twice to win it, so I kinda was like ok, I won't do anything crazy, I'll go all out in the 3rd.... :oops: I forgot the third was a super tiebreak and I lost it 0-10, that's what I get lol.

Yes you were playing good in first set and I was not fully focused, I kinda let myself go and when I realised it was 5-2 I tried to stage a comeback there but you hit a GREAT shot at 30-30, 5-3, and won the set.

Then I told myself "I'm gonna give him a golden set :twisted:". Well I did not but from the second set to the end you only won 4 points :P

MichaelNadal
06-23-2011, 04:26 PM
^^It was very fun :) We will play more and i'll keep working hard to beat u lol. One of these days!

jlan
06-23-2011, 06:56 PM

Wow, you must have been playing like a mad man to win that first set off of him. Sorry to hear about the super tiebreak :twisted:

Online is getting pretty sucky. All I play are pushers and moonballers, people who quit on match point, and the usual Nadal noobs :mad:

Larrysümmers
06-23-2011, 07:14 PM
Wow, you must have been playing like a mad man to win that first set off of him. Sorry to hear about the super tiebreak :twisted:

Online is getting pretty sucky. All I play are pushers and moonballers, people who quit on match point, and the usual Nadal noobs :mad:

its like playing at my local courts!

jlan
06-23-2011, 08:01 PM
its like playing at my local courts!

LOL same here. Nothing but pushers and Nadal-wannabes around my courts.

Just finished up a match with Zildite. Super tough match! His style is kinda like Lionheart. Gets to every friggin' ball and can hit all the shots.

I managed to win 6-1, 6-3, but it was a lot closer than the score suggests. GG

PhilV
06-24-2011, 01:04 AM
if anyone ever wants a game they can add me on PSN - randomPHIL

samprasbackhand
06-24-2011, 12:16 PM
if anyone ever wants a game they can add me on PSN - randomPHIL

add me too, PSN: gotmilk4al

what time do you guys usually play? i've added a couple but haven't seen anybody on yet.

i can usually get on from 8-10 on weekdays, if anybody's down for a match.

probably can't play tonight though.

MichaelNadal
06-24-2011, 12:26 PM
^^Im usually on at that time, PSN- ncmoviefan

rovex
06-25-2011, 03:08 AM
Kekollab has been terminated.

PhilV
06-25-2011, 03:12 AM
add me too, PSN: gotmilk4al

what time do you guys usually play? i've added a couple but haven't seen anybody on yet.

i can usually get on from 8-10 on weekdays, if anybody's down for a match.

probably can't play tonight though.

will add you later when I am home mate, I normally am on around 8PM GMT or something like that, varies tbh but yeah later afternoons GMT on a weekday or random time son the weekends, always keen for a game, only got it yesterday but it's quite fun, not that hard on normal mode, just beat Nadal, Roddick and Fed at the Shangai Masters in straight sets with my lvl 14 created player

SStrikerR
06-25-2011, 08:24 AM
^ Try going to hard mode. It's not that difficult at all. Very Hard may give you problems, but I think you'd be fine at hard.

Brollipower
06-25-2011, 09:40 AM
^^Im usually on at that time, PSN- ncmoviefan

I think i played you yesterday.

MichaelNadal
06-25-2011, 10:07 AM

Your screenname is familiar, I don't remember the particular match tho.

Brollipower
06-25-2011, 10:51 AM

Why, was he cheating?

Brollipower
06-25-2011, 10:52 AM
Your screenname is familiar, I don't remember the particular match tho.

I beat you 3-1 3-0 with Djokovic

EaGamer
06-25-2011, 10:57 AM
How much does this game cost in the US for PS3?

jlan
06-25-2011, 12:55 PM

Why, was he cheating?

I wouldn't be surprised if he was cheating. He was doing some weird stuff the last time I played him.

rovex
06-25-2011, 02:36 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if he was cheating. He was doing some weird stuff the last time I played him.

I played him only a few days ago, what in particular did you find peculiar?

rovex
06-25-2011, 02:37 PM

Are you Dutch?

I seem to remember a super tie break 11-9 late last night...

jlan
06-25-2011, 02:44 PM
I played him only a few days ago, what in particular did you find peculiar?

After I won a LONG first set 3-0, some nice lag started to happen in the second set. It's pretty easy to tell normal lag from "forced" lag. He was clearly trying to lag the game to get it to disconnect or lag me out. On every shot hit the "waiting for opponent" box came up. He ended up quitting on match point.

rovex
06-25-2011, 02:53 PM
After I won a LONG first set 3-0, some nice lag started to happen in the second set. It's pretty easy to tell normal lag from "forced" lag. He was clearly trying to lag the game to get it to disconnect or lag me out. On every shot hit the "waiting for opponent" box came up. He ended up quitting on match point.

How did you manage to bagel him? I had a terrible time, not really getting close to winning a single game this time round whereas last time I did win a single game hitting bomb returns with Murray.

What i find frustrating is trying to disrupt his rhythm, every time I seem to get the upper hand he finds a way to get the ball Soo deep I lose the momentum.

jlan
06-25-2011, 03:02 PM
How did you manage to bagel him? I had a terrible time, not really getting close to winning a single game this time round whereas last time I did win a single game hitting bomb returns with Murray.

What i find frustrating is trying to disrupt his rhythm, every time I seem to get the upper hand he finds a way to get the ball Soo deep I lose the momentum.

The bagel was VERY hard to get. My first service game took like 15+ min because he kept bombing every ball back to me no matter how good my serve was. I somehow got through that, broke him in another very long game, and then held in another very long game lol.

I played him 4 times. The first 3 times I used Federer, Wozniacki (messing around lol), and Nadal. He owned me pretty handily every time, even when I used cheap Nadal. This last time I used Agassi for his crazy return and groundstrokes.

rovex
06-25-2011, 03:10 PM
The bagel was VERY hard to get. My first service game took like 15+ min because he kept bombing every ball back to me no matter how good my serve was. I somehow got through that, broke him in another very long game, and then held in another very long game lol.

I played him 4 times. The first 3 times I used Federer, Wozniacki (messing around lol), and Nadal. He owned me pretty handily every time, even when I used cheap Nadal. This last time I used Agassi for his crazy return and groundstrokes.

He sent me a message last time "gg" and now you've told he quit on match point makes me think what a tool this guy is. Recently played this FC-so4 person who was very good, could barely win a point.

Is playing with Agassi really a massive advantage? No idea how to beat these players, powering through them is impossible.

jlan
06-25-2011, 03:18 PM
He sent me a message last time "gg" and now you've told he quit on match point makes me think what a tool this guy is. Recently played this FC-so4 person who was very good, could barely win a point.

Is playing with Agassi really a massive advantage? No idea how to beat these players, powering through them is impossible.

I think he was just frustrated he couldn't get his lame tactics to work on me again and quit out.

Since I knew how he played from previous matches, I made sure not to hit any short top spin balls to him. I kept all my top spin shots deep and if I knew I couldn't hit it good, I sliced it deep. I made sure to vary up my shots to not give him any rhythm (go for corners, down the line, up the T). I also dropped shotted him a ton and re-dropped him if he drop shotted me. I know what you mean about him hitting deep on every single ball. It's crazy how he manages to do that (cheats?). It was a brutal match. I'm glad I got some payback before he got booted :twisted:

Agassi is just as overpowered as Nadal in this game, if you know how to use him. His return of serve is crazy and the angles you can get with his FH and BH are nasty.

Brollipower
06-25-2011, 03:27 PM
Are you Dutch?

I seem to remember a super tie break 11-9 late last night...

That could be the other match i was thinkin of...

rovex
06-25-2011, 03:30 PM
I think he was just frustrated he couldn't get his lame tactics to work on me again and quit out.

Since I knew how he played from previous matches, I made sure not to hit any short top spin balls to him. I kept all my top spin shots deep and if I knew I couldn't hit it good, I sliced it deep. I made sure to vary up my shots to not give him any rhythm (go for corners, down the line, up the T). I also dropped shotted him a ton and re-dropped him if he drop shotted me. I know what you mean about him hitting deep on every single ball. It's crazy how he manages to do that (cheats?). It was a brutal match. I'm glad I got some payback before he got booted :twisted:

Agassi is just as overpowered as Nadal in this game, if you know how to use him. His return of serve is crazy and the angles you can get with his FH and BH are nasty.

I had to paint the lines to get any winners, it's ridiculous. I tried everything like you, but I always end up coughing up either a short ball for him to punnish or uses the pace from my shot and direct it right in the corner pushing me back into a defensive position.

jlan
06-25-2011, 03:58 PM
I had to paint the lines to get any winners, it's ridiculous. I tried everything like you, but I always end up coughing up either a short ball for him to punnish or uses the pace from my shot and direct it right in the corner pushing me back into a defensive position.

I painted the lines so many times and he just returned it back like nothing. It felt pretty hopeless. I won quite a few cheap points by coming to net right after I drop shotted him and finishing with a volley. Of course, it was incredibly hard to do since he hits so deep. Timing is so crucial.

Flat shots are useless against him. He just uses the pace right back at you. What I did for a while was slice back EVERYTHING. If you can get some nice deep and fast slices to him, it will force an error.

rovex
06-25-2011, 04:44 PM
I tried the slice but he eats it up with ease, though I didn't persist with it for as long as I maybe should of. I hit it pretty well but it's really difficult to get the depth I need to push him back behind the baseline when his shots are landing on my toes...

samprasbackhand
06-27-2011, 05:53 PM
sorry to whoever i played today, i think my internet connection might be kinda shoddy so it might've been my fault i disconnected.

i was down big in the 1st set but we were having some competetive rallies!!! i haven't played much online but it was cool to play Federer vs. Federer, so far i've only played Nadal cheesers or level 20 offensive baseliners.

MichaelNadal
06-28-2011, 11:35 PM
Everyone on PS3 be sure to play Ry0Lay, he's really really good. He let me get to 5-0 on him and he still won the set. LMAO! No kidding.

PhilV
06-29-2011, 01:40 AM
just doing career mode still, haven't played online, got to lvl 17 on career and won Roland Garros last night, Andy Roddick was really hard for some reason and took me to tie break on the semis, Rafa was on the final and I beat him in straight sets, weird!

FedExpress 333
07-03-2011, 12:42 AM
Are you on XBl?

MichaelNadal
07-05-2011, 07:09 PM
Bump.
10char

jlan
07-05-2011, 08:16 PM
Bump.
10char

That Ry0lay guy is friggin' gooooood! I'm inspired to S&V now. It's actually quite a lot of fun :twisted:

MichaelNadal
07-05-2011, 09:49 PM
That Ry0lay guy is friggin' gooooood! I'm inspired to S&V now. It's actually quite a lot of fun :twisted:

How do you guys get off the mark to the net so fast? Reposition doesn't make me do that? Like as soon as he hits his serve before the ball is even to me, he's basically at the net.

jlan
07-05-2011, 10:29 PM
How do you guys get off the mark to the net so fast? Reposition doesn't make me do that? Like as soon as he hits his serve before the ball is even to me, he's basically at the net.

He uses the serve stick with the S&V modifier and holds it until he's at net. Not only is his net game good, but he can also get good placement from the baseline with some really good timing on his control shots. My only winners on him were lobs and a couple of volleys.

If I had known he would attack net all match I would have chosen someone with good volleys too. I think I would have a better chance next time. Not to win the match, but to win a couple more games lol :D

ARIARAIDEN
07-06-2011, 11:04 AM
Has anybody hit a 150 mph Serve my record is 145 mph with own created player.

MichaelNadal
07-06-2011, 11:10 AM
He uses the serve stick with the S&V modifier and holds it until he's at net. Not only is his net game good, but he can also get good placement from the baseline with some really good timing on his control shots. My only winners on him were lobs and a couple of volleys.

If I had known he would attack net all match I would have chosen someone with good volleys too. I think I would have a better chance next time. Not to win the match, but to win a couple more games lol :D

So you have to use the serve stick to S&V properly?

flyinghippos101
07-06-2011, 11:35 AM
I trolled an Andy Murray fan online, it was hilarious. :D

jamesblakefan#1
07-06-2011, 12:01 PM

Nah, I always use the button serve whenever I S&V and it usually works okay for me, and my players not even a S&V specialist (diesel hard hitter/volley shots expert).

jlan
07-06-2011, 12:15 PM

If you wanna serve bigger and get better angles on the serve, yeah, always use the serve stick. It's a pretty big difference from using the buttons to serve. Sets up for easy volleys even against good players if you can paint the lines with high spin serves.

MichaelNadal
07-06-2011, 05:11 PM
It's weird, no matter what I try, my player doesn't start running until the opponent is about to return the ball. With ry0lay, as soon as he was done with his service motion, you'd see him start sprinting.

jlan
07-07-2011, 11:00 AM
It's weird, no matter what I try, my player doesn't start running until the opponent is about to return the ball. With ry0lay, as soon as he was done with his service motion, you'd see him start sprinting.

Just make sure to keep holding down R1 the whole time. Your player should be automatically be moving towards net right after he serves.

What I don't get how he hits the ball really hard using control shots, with Rafter of all people. Against me he was hitting forehands harder than Federer. I know for sure he isn't holding the button down and releasing because the ball travels and sounds different when you do that :???:

FedExpress 333
07-08-2011, 02:44 AM
HAHA if you guys were on XBL and faced Rob ITST, I am pretty sure everyone here would get bageled.

sman789
07-08-2011, 06:07 PM

I played you earlier today, that was an insane first set.

I'm on psn right now if anyone wants to play. sman789

MichaelNadal
07-08-2011, 07:20 PM
I played you earlier today, that was an insane first set.

I'm on psn right now if anyone wants to play. sman789

OH YEAH I was Roddick, 7-5 set, hell yeah it was crazy. I was sooooo close to winning it :) I got SLEEPY after that set and totally tanked the second one, sorry about that, I just didn't feel like going 3 at that point, u sent me an invite as I was about to turn the playstation off lol. I liked playing you though, we will play again :)

Fuji
07-08-2011, 08:30 PM
Hey, if anyone wants to play me I'm on PSN right now.

I'm pretty awful, just so y'all know. ;)

PSN: As_Bold_As_Lions

-Fuji

Agent Orynge
07-08-2011, 08:38 PM

-Fuji

After everything that happened, people still use PSN? I own an Xbox and a PS3, and Sony has completely and irrevocably violated my trust.

Fuji, is that your Myers-Briggs personality type in your sig?

jlan
07-08-2011, 09:37 PM

-Fuji

Added you :)

BTW for those on PS3 (and even 360) does your game sometimes freeze when trying to find a match online? This happens every 2-3 tries when I look for matches and have to reset my system because it lasts for more than 10 min each time.

FedExpress 333
07-09-2011, 04:38 AM
It happens to me on XBL a lot.....

Brollipower
07-09-2011, 08:07 AM
At least 60% of my losses are because the game froze on me.

MichaelNadal
07-09-2011, 11:36 AM

BTW for those on PS3 (and even 360) does your game sometimes freeze when trying to find a match online? This happens every 2-3 tries when I look for matches and have to reset my system because it lasts for more than 10 min each time.

Never happened to me. And @ the other guy, im PS3 through and through, after the probs etc, I can't get into X-Box, eww, not for me.

Ben Hadd
07-09-2011, 02:57 PM
The game looks pretty good, except for the fact is has SONY involved. Kills any chance for me. I would rather play a game with battle tanks made in 8bit graphics called unicorn slayer than play anything from SONY. I've been taken for a ride by the SOE two to many times. (started online gaming with SOE 8 years back). I'm on a semi(as i can avoid it) SONY boycott...for life...

Fuji
07-09-2011, 05:39 PM
After everything that happened, people still use PSN? I own an Xbox and a PS3, and Sony has completely and irrevocably violated my trust.

Fuji, is that your Myers-Briggs personality type in your sig?

I love PSN! I used XBL for over 2 years, but then I just couldn't justify paying for it after I bought my PS3. :)

And Yes, it is my Myers-Briggs personality type in my sig! :)

-Fuji

Fuji
07-09-2011, 05:40 PM

Awesome! Sorry I played so poorly today. I had/have a huge electrical storm over my house. It's really distracting LOL!

-Fuji

jlan
07-09-2011, 06:31 PM
Awesome! Sorry I played so poorly today. I had/have a huge electrical storm over my house. It's really distracting LOL!

-Fuji

GG :)

You should add some other guys from this thread. There's quite a few good players here.

Fuji
07-09-2011, 06:34 PM

You should add some other guys from this thread. There's quite a few good players here.

GG to you too!

Man, Pistol Pete today was shanking so much. I think he needed a bigger frame for returning your serves... LOL!!!!

I'm hunt for more people!

-Fuji

jlan
07-09-2011, 06:43 PM
GG to you too!

Man, Pistol Pete today was shanking so much. I think he needed a bigger frame for returning your serves... LOL!!!!

I'm hunt for more people!

-Fuji

His frame head looks too big to be a real KPS. Possibly a pj'd PST ;)

MichaelNadal
07-09-2011, 06:51 PM

GRRR If I could have broken u one more time in that 4-4 game :twisted:

Fuji
07-09-2011, 06:52 PM
His frame head looks too big to be a real KPS. Possibly a pj'd PST ;)

Bahahaha!

You should see, next time we play, I'll use my Japanese Johnny Mac. He's beast. 96 Serve and like 95 reflexs with some stupidly high volley. He has NO GROUND GAME AT ALL. LOL!

I beat a base liner last night because he didn't know how to lob? All he did was hit flat shots at my guy.....

-Fuji

jlan
07-09-2011, 07:02 PM
GRRR If I could have broken u one more time in that 4-4 game :twisted:

I started playing for real again when it was 4-4 lol :twisted:

Bahahaha!

You should see, next time we play, I'll use my Japanese Johnny Mac. He's beast. 96 Serve and like 95 reflexs with some stupidly high volley. He has NO GROUND GAME AT ALL. LOL!

I beat a base liner last night because he didn't know how to lob? All he did was hit flat shots at my guy.....

-Fuji

I'm gonna get aced and volleyed all day with those stats lol. Should be challenging :)

MichaelNadal
07-09-2011, 07:03 PM

Lol I hope u were bc I still got to 30-40 haha. Im getting closer, im gonna get u one day!

Fuji
07-09-2011, 07:08 PM

I'm gonna get aced and volleyed all day with those stats lol. Should be challenging :)

LOL! The only thing wrong is that if he gets trapped near the baseline, the point is basically over. I wish I could just give him some boosted stamina on top of his normal stats!

-Fuji

MichaelNadal
07-11-2011, 01:31 PM
Anyone else have trouble with control shots? I don't get it. They are supposed to be MORE accurate but half the time I try to use them, the ball sails. Weird. I prefer power shots by FAR.

BigServer1
07-11-2011, 01:44 PM
Anyone else have trouble with control shots? I don't get it. They are supposed to be MORE accurate but half the time I try to use them, the ball sails. Weird. I prefer power shots by FAR.

I agree with this, though I don't use control shots very often, so I'd probably be better if I used them more.

What I have the biggest issue with is hitting aces. I swear I've hit 3 total since I've owned the game. I'll get some free points on serves that are returned out or into the next (or my favorite, the shank straight up), but actual aces are almost impossible for me.

sman789
07-11-2011, 02:17 PM
Only time I use it is on the dead run and I know i'd hit a bad power shot. If I hit it well enough, it'll give me an opportunity to get back into the point.

I'll be on PSN in about an hour

psn id=sman789

flyinghippos101
07-11-2011, 03:44 PM

They're all about timing. Too soon or too early will usually result in shots sail long or go short but perfect shots have big payoffs. Most of the time, I end up using control shots far more than power shots. Less energy is exhausted, faster to hit and very accurate. Using a character like Federer or Agassi who have ridiculous groundstrokes gives you an even greater incentive to master the timing of control shots. Perfect shots down the line or cross court are almost always winners. High risk, high reward shots for sure.

ChopShot
07-11-2011, 05:32 PM
Seriously, WTH is up with the AI cheating like a madman on Expert?! Played Djokovic with a pure S&V a second ago, lost in three, 4-6 6-4 3-6. I played brilliantly for most of the match, holding most of my service games to love and making some ridiculous volleys at times, but the minute a crucial game, say 4-4, me serving, came along, Djokovic suddenly speeds up by 10%, starts pulling insane angles out of his *** at will, and to compound my misery, turns my player into a zombified quadriplegic every time he lobs.
Whoever designed the AI must have been trippin' on something mighty strong, or had a strong desire to troll those of us with a shoddy PS3 internet connection.

Fuji
07-11-2011, 07:04 PM
Hey all. Heading online for a bit!

Feel free to add me on PSN to play!

As_Bold_As_Lions

-Fuji

MichaelNadal
07-11-2011, 07:49 PM
Im gonna jump off a cliff the next time I hear the "North America" song.

Sid_Vicious
07-11-2011, 07:51 PM
Im gonna jump off a cliff the next time I hear the "North America" song.

and for those of you who still think we are from England....well, were nawt.

:lol:

MichaelNadal
07-11-2011, 08:22 PM
and for those of you who still think we are from England....well, were nawt.

:lol:

Ugh I want to mute it everytime, it was cool for a while but only having ONE song with words is killing me. Next time they force a download for anything they need to include music lol. Funny u posted that line Sid, that's the one I laugh at the most :twisted:

mrtrinh
07-11-2011, 10:04 PM
getting my butt kicked by jlan right now lol

MichaelNadal
07-11-2011, 10:27 PM

He generally does that lol.

Fuji
07-11-2011, 10:38 PM
LOL! Jlan owns me when we play. I think I got 2 games off him?

Man, today I played some little nooblet that had forced lag on. It was BRUTAL. I ended up winning 6-2, 3-6, 10-2 I think. I was playing my S&V guy. Do you know what he messaged me with after?

"OMGZ R U CHEATIN, U CANT HIT DA BALL DAT FST"

-Fuji

jlan
07-11-2011, 11:19 PM

GG! You're still pretty good for someone who barely plays :)

He generally does that lol.

Not against Ry0lay :(

LOL! Jlan owns me when we play. I think I got 2 games off him?

Man, today I played some little nooblet that had forced lag on. It was BRUTAL. I ended up winning 6-2, 3-6, 10-2 I think. I was playing my S&V guy. Do you know what he messaged me with after?

"OMGZ R U CHEATIN, U CANT HIT DA BALL DAT FST"

-Fuji

That's weird. I also played some cheating noob tonight that was forcing lag. I won the first set easily and the connection was fine. All of a sudden his player is teleporting all around the court and hitting winners. The connection would freeze after each hit, but his player was moving around waaaaay faster than mine. I ended up winning in the third set tiebreak. I run into these types of cheaters every couple of nights. It's VERY annoying to say the least.

MichaelNadal
07-11-2011, 11:35 PM
GG! You're still pretty good for someone who barely plays :)

Not against Ry0lay :(

That's weird. I also played some cheating noob tonight that was forcing lag. I won the first set easily and the connection was fine. All of a sudden his player is teleporting all around the court and hitting winners. The connection would freeze after each hit, but his player was moving around waaaaay faster than mine. I ended up winning in the third set tiebreak. I run into these types of cheaters every couple of nights. It's VERY annoying to say the least.

1. You played Ry0lay again?

2. The same thing happens to me, I don't know how they do it but I HATE IT. I hit shots and it pauses..... where they should NOT get to the ball AT ALL, and it will freeze, and then reconnect and they shuffle like a cheetah to the ball o_O

jlan
07-11-2011, 11:52 PM
1. You played Ry0lay again?

2. The same thing happens to me, I don't know how they do it but I HATE IT. I hit shots and it pauses..... where they should NOT get to the ball AT ALL, and it will freeze, and then reconnect and they shuffle like a cheetah to the ball o_O

Nope, haven't played him since that beat down he gave me the first time lol. I'm not looking forward to playing him again anytime soon :twisted: I dunno, that's the first time I actually felt helpless playing this game. Like anything I did didn't work at all.

Yup, you described it pretty good. The only other times I've run into standbyers/forced laggers were in shooting games. But tennis games? Come on :mad:

Fuji
07-11-2011, 11:56 PM

It sounds like we played the same guy. He started teleporting in the last set for me as well!

-Fuji

jlan
07-12-2011, 12:02 AM
It sounds like we played the same guy. He started teleporting in the last set for me as well!

-Fuji

I forgot the name of the guy. I have to check my recent players list again. Did he turn on his mic and start talking smack after he started forcing lag? I had to mute my TV.

Fuji
07-12-2011, 12:08 AM
I forgot the name of the guy. I have to check my recent players list again. Did he turn on his mic and start talking smack after he started forcing lag? I had to mute my TV.

YUP! He did the same thing too me. I was just like, okay whatever and muted my TV for the rest of the match.

-Fuji

jlan
07-12-2011, 12:14 AM
YUP! He did the same thing too me. I was just like, okay whatever and muted my TV for the rest of the match.

-Fuji

LOL so it was the same guy. At least we both beat that cheater :twisted:

FedExpress 333
07-12-2011, 12:13 PM
:twisted:What setup do you guys use for WT? I use an all rounder, barely lose a GAME.:twisted:

Named him FEderer.

Fuji
07-12-2011, 12:33 PM
LOL so it was the same guy. At least we both beat that cheater :twisted:

LOL Yes. I've played a few people like that. I just mute/ignore them from my list after a match. It's really annoying.

I had a guy last night, keep wanting to play my S&V Guy and after the first set I would win 6-0 or 6-1, and he would just quit. Then reinvite me because "his connection was lost".

Do you guys ever get this?

Then I played another guy who I bet 6-3, 4-6, 6-1 asking if I was hacking with S&V.... No I just know how to hit a proper overhead...:shock:

-Fuji

flyinghippos101
07-12-2011, 04:07 PM
What are your ranks in the 2K Open?

sheridanengland
07-12-2011, 10:39 PM
hi all. what is forced lag? i have the game. haven't played much as of late. was curious about the online playing. i faced the same thing.

MichaelNadal
07-13-2011, 12:20 AM

Im like 248

flyinghippos101
07-13-2011, 08:58 AM
Been having a streak playing Woz, four straight wins.

Fuji
07-13-2011, 10:33 AM
Been having a streak playing Woz, four straight wins.

Woz is good in TS4?! I haven't played much of the female tour!

-Fuji

Brollipower
07-13-2011, 10:49 AM

I´m number 19

Fuji
07-13-2011, 11:01 AM
I haven't tried 2K Open, but it sounds like a lot of fun!

I think I'll start it up this afternoon! :)

-Fuji

Brollipower
07-13-2011, 12:59 PM
Ranking means almost nothing in the 2k open. I've played and beaten the entire top 10, but lost matches to guys who weren't even in the top 100.

flyinghippos101
07-13-2011, 01:11 PM
Woz is good in TS4?! I haven't played much of the female tour!

-Fuji

Woz is actually not that bad at all. It's only her lousy volleys and her meh speed that are a real detriment and her funky serve animation that I haven't gotten use to yet. Otherwise, I'm hitting sick winners from both wings.

FedExpress 333
07-13-2011, 02:04 PM
lols i cant get used to womens serves as well. only platform for me.

Agassi_Return
07-14-2011, 07:03 AM
Wefan is the clown using dropshots all the time.

You forgot something to mention. ;)

First of all we had overall 3 matches. In the first match i had three matchballs and you quit the game so thats why i called you quitter and bad loser. In the second you losed again and didnt quit the game. So I said nothing about that. The third match was your win (against me with Serina Williams) and again i said nothing and accept it.

Why i used many dropshots against you? Cause you are one of those players who stands wide behind the baseline and doing your short angled top spin shots. Its kinda funny cause you called rushdown as short angled top spin spammer ^^

By the way i played against kekkolab three times and losed one time but have no problem with my lose and send him a message to congrat him about his win and good play. Same against supernootz: three games - one lose. Accept the lose and send him a friendly invite.

I have no problem with losing, but dont like bad losers who quit games. ;)

Brollipower
07-14-2011, 09:30 AM
I use don't use the short angled top spin shot UNTIL my opponent starts to abuse them. Show him that i can too can play cheesy...

Second in our first match you played as chang and you used the dropshot like a normal groundstroke, were using the angled topspin shot alot. you're mentioned on other sites too doing the exact same thing.
That's why i quit in the first match since i don't play cheesers.....

Brollipower
07-14-2011, 09:33 AM
It appears you have a history of cheesing. In TopSpin 3 you we're one of those dimwits who return serve while standing on the service line.....

Agassi_Return
07-14-2011, 09:48 AM
I use don't use the short angled top spin shot UNTIL my opponent starts to abuse them. Show him that i can too can play cheesy...

I played with serina and due to her back-forhand attributes you cant use short angled top spin shots. You played with joker and you use the whole time short angled top spin shot. All you did was outwide serve and after the return you played short angled top spin shot. But instead of you i didnt quit the match.

[quoe]
Second in our first match you played as chang and you used the dropshot like a normal groundstroke, were using the angled topspin shot alot. you're mentioned on other sites too doing the exact same thing.
That's why i quit in the first match since i don't play cheesers.....[/QUOTE]

as i said i used drop shots against you cause you played wide behind the baseline.

It appears you have a history of cheesing. In TopSpin 3 you we're one of those dimwits who return serve while standing on the service line.....

It appears to that you also know all the cheesing in TS3 and of course you used those flat returns cause 90% of players used those tactics who played in top 100. TS3 was completely broken and unbalanced.

MichaelNadal
07-14-2011, 12:10 PM
^^What are u guys 12? 13? lol.

sman789
07-14-2011, 05:28 PM
On PSN now, sman789

Sid_Vicious
07-14-2011, 06:33 PM
Seriously, WTH is up with the AI cheating like a madman on Expert?! Played Djokovic with a pure S&V a second ago, lost in three, 4-6 6-4 3-6. I played brilliantly for most of the match, holding most of my service games to love and making some ridiculous volleys at times, but the minute a crucial game, say 4-4, me serving, came along, Djokovic suddenly speeds up by 10%, starts pulling insane angles out of his *** at will, and to compound my misery, turns my player into a zombified quadriplegic every time he lobs.
Whoever designed the AI must have been trippin' on something mighty strong, or had a strong desire to troll those of us with a shoddy PS3 internet connection.

Dude, I totally know what you are talking about. Additionally, I find that Djokovic is the official troll character they included in the game. I bumped my serve stats all the way up to 90 and I ace my way to the SFs of the AO. I play a competitive match with Djokovic and hit plenty of aces. Once It is 2-2 in the third set, I went up 30-0 and Djokovic hit 4 clean winners of my first serves to break.

I believe I found a picture of the game developer.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/archive/7/73/20110128203738!Trollface.png

MichaelNadal
07-14-2011, 07:54 PM
Yayyyy the troll face :D

Sid_Vicious
07-14-2011, 08:03 PM
Yayyyy the troll face :D

No matter what happens, that troll face always make me smile .

BigServer1
07-15-2011, 01:51 PM
^^What are u guys 12? 13? lol.

LOL, the **** wars continue, this time in a virual landscape.

ChopShot
07-15-2011, 04:31 PM
Dude, I totally know what you are talking about. Additionally, I find that Djokovic is the official troll character they included in the game. I bumped my serve stats all the way up to 90 and I ace my way to the SFs of the AO. I play a competitive match with Djokovic and hit plenty of aces. Once It is 2-2 in the third set, I went up 30-0 and Djokovic hit 4 clean winners of my first serves to break.

I believe I found a picture of the game developer.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/archive/7/73/20110128203738!Trollface.png

I'll say to the TS guys' defense that he's no longer impossible to beat (albeit wholly impossible to ace! RAAH!) after the patch. His big vulnerability now (of which he had NONE before) is being run around. He'll cough up short balls after a few side-to-sides. He also goes DTL any chance he gets, which makes him VERY vulnerable to a good CC shot.
Case in point: I've been trying desperately to beat him with Fed for ages now. Played a match against him yesterday, trying to hog the net and shorten the points as much as possible. Lost the first set 4-6. Realized my winning percentage at the net was in the 50's, and started to move him around and stick with the backcourt. Took the next three sets 6-1.
But still, I petition he be listed on the roster of TS5 as "Novak Trollovic". He's an absolute pain for anyone not content to beat him by cheesing.

On an entirely different note, am I the only one who feels that this game exudes an aura of "BASELINE OR GTFO :evil: " ? You can't create a player that's good enough at the net to S/V modestly without making him a complete tosser at the baseline. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Fuji
07-15-2011, 04:45 PM
I'll say to the TS guys' defense that he's no longer impossible to beat (albeit wholly impossible to ace! RAAH!) after the patch. His big vulnerability now (of which he had NONE before) is being run around. He'll cough up short balls after a few side-to-sides. He also goes DTL any chance he gets, which makes him VERY vulnerable to a good CC shot.
Case in point: I've been trying desperately to beat him with Fed for ages now. Played a match against him yesterday, trying to hog the net and shorten the points as much as possible. Lost the first set 4-6. Realized my winning percentage at the net was in the 50's, and started to move him around and stick with the backcourt. Took the next three sets 6-1.
But still, I petition he be listed on the roster of TS5 as "Novak Trollovic". He's an absolute pain for anyone not content to beat him by cheesing.

On an entirely different note, am I the only one who feels that this game exudes an aura of "BASELINE OR GTFO :evil: " ? You can't create a player that's good enough at the net to S/V modestly without making him a complete tosser at the baseline. It's absolutely ridiculous.

I agree with you. I made a Pure S&V player and on return of serves, it's kind of garbage. I can't even return a serve with anything but a slice other wise it's a shank and I loose the point!

Really annoying!

-Fuji

ChopShot
07-15-2011, 05:18 PM
I agree with you. I made a Pure S&V player and on return of serves, it's kind of garbage. I can't even return a serve with anything but a slice other wise it's a shank and I loose the point!

Really annoying!

-Fuji

WHAT? You're having trouble on the ROS with a 20 S/V player? Just control shot it and time it right, and you'll have a good return.
But actually building a point off that return? Fat chance, unless you're the Almighty God Himself of court positioning and approach timing :shock:

Fuji
07-15-2011, 05:58 PM
WHAT? You're having trouble on the ROS with a 20 S/V player? Just control shot it and time it right, and you'll have a good return.
But actually building a point off that return? Fat chance, unless you're the Almighty God Himself of court positioning and approach timing :shock:

I know! If I have to hit more then 2 ground strokes, the point is over. LOL!

I wish they would fix it so S&V players at least have half of a chance making some type of game on return.

-Fuji

FedExpress 333
07-16-2011, 11:41 PM
LOL i just approach of the return and hope for the best when i use my s and v.

Comet Buster
07-18-2011, 08:16 AM
Controls and gameplay are different. Now if you mistime shots or are out of position you are likely to hit an unforced error.

Ok thanks. Good to know. Probably buy it sometime soon after I've saved up money for nightclub expenses and my education.

flyinghippos101
07-18-2011, 08:43 AM
Ok thanks. Good to know. Probably buy it sometime soon after I've saved up money for nightclub expenses and my education.

It'll drop in price pretty soon, it's definitely worth picking up. Top Spin 3 dropped to $25 by the Christmas of the same year it released.

Comet Buster
07-19-2011, 03:56 AM
Yeah I'll prolly end up buying it that time. Elder Scrolls Skyrim is also a must get too.

sman789
07-22-2011, 04:55 PM
ON NOW, PSN=sman789

getting matches is so hard now:(

Fuji
07-22-2011, 04:56 PM
ON NOW, PSN=sman789

Agreed! I might come play for a bit if you are interested.

The only time I get matches now is in mid afternoon, and late night after work. During hot times it's impossible to get in!

-Fuji

MichaelNadal
07-22-2011, 05:32 PM
I usually don't have too much trouble getting matches.

Fuji
07-22-2011, 06:03 PM
ON NOW, PSN=sman789

Good game! Sorry my 2nd set sucked. My controller wouldn't pick up signal!

You played really well, good job! We will for sure play again, it was a lot of fun.

(I'll play you with my created guys next time!)

-Fuji

MavsTennis
07-22-2011, 06:06 PM
I usually don't have too much trouble getting matches.

Really? Takes me like 5 mins to get in and sometimes it fails.

MichaelNadal
07-22-2011, 06:31 PM
Really? Takes me like 5 mins to get in and sometimes it fails.

Yeah, I have to wait a few mins sometimes, but it's never too bad. Recently it's either been instant or hasn't taken more than a minute or two.

bezs
07-23-2011, 09:36 AM
Its much faster now compared to when PSN first went back up it took eons to find a match than.

MichaelNadal
07-23-2011, 09:48 AM
Its much faster now compared to when PSN first went back up it took eons to find a match than.

Yeah it's almost like no one knew it was back up, the 2 weeks after were miserable!!

Fuji
07-25-2011, 09:59 PM
Hey all! Not sure if anyone is awake at this hour on a Monday but I'm online if anyone want's to play "Tommy Haas"! :)

-Fuji

jlan
07-26-2011, 11:58 PM
Played the same cheater again today. His name is Obito_1591. All he does is moonball and drop shot. I got the lead and then he started forcing lag. If you see him in your lobby, just back out.

FedExpress 333
07-27-2011, 03:03 PM
ARGhhhhhhh, lately all i am playing are cheesers who just use drop shots the WHOLE time.

HiroProtagonist
07-27-2011, 03:52 PM
Just picked up a copy off the Bay.

This incarnation is light years ahead of TS3, so much more natural movement especially coming in on short balls and approaching the net.

I must say though the racquet selection sux and they are all the same head size again which aggravates me. Also the animations of possible styles on specific shots is a little limited and neither of the 1HBH options satisfy me. Also I dont get why they made quick reposition the same button as approach shot.

That being said, huge improvement in gameplay and career mode. I give it 4/5 wins.

MichaelNadal
07-27-2011, 09:43 PM
Ill be on for the next hour if anyone wants to play. ncmoviefan on PS3

FedExpress 333
07-29-2011, 07:41 AM
ARRRGGHHHH is there anyone on XBL here?????!!!! All I am playing are drop shot artists who drop every point and 100 power layers.

HiroProtagonist
07-31-2011, 04:09 PM
Hey guys, do you unlock more racquets as well as clothes?

It's weird that there are no Wilsons in the begining, yet Pete has a KPS:?

Zildite
07-31-2011, 04:13 PM
Hey guys, do you unlock more racquets as well as clothes?

It's weird that there are no Wilsons in the begining, yet Pete has a KPS:?

No, for created players at least. Everything is unlocked at the start except the pro's third outfits.
Each player has the correct racquet (I don't know about the legends) even if their brand isn't represented in the game, like Pete and Fed.

Fuji
07-31-2011, 04:21 PM
No, for created players at least. Everything is unlocked at the start except the pro's third outfits.
Each player has the correct racquet (I don't know about the legends) even if their brand isn't represented in the game, like Pete and Fed.

The only player that doesn't is Borg, unless he started using the Speed Pro in Exo's??? All the other legends use them at least to my knowledge!

-Fuji

HiroProtagonist
07-31-2011, 06:02 PM

Thanks for the reply, that's pretty lame racquet selection then:?

MichaelNadal
07-31-2011, 06:13 PM
Who's the Brollipower guy? He's excellent.

Fuji
07-31-2011, 06:14 PM
Who's the Brollipower guy? He's excellent.

I agree! I believe I played him a while ago. I lost 6-3, 6-0. He played really well.

-Fuji

MichaelNadal
07-31-2011, 07:45 PM
^I felt helpless. Him, wefan, and ry0lay are the 3 best I've played.

Fuji
07-31-2011, 08:06 PM

I haven't played wefan, but Ry0lay destroyed me. It didn't matter what I did. We played twice and I lost 6-0, 6-0 both times LOL! I was even serving at 140MPH, well placed, and he was just killing me.

-Fuji

samprasbackhand
08-01-2011, 12:20 PM
I still gotta play some of you guys....seems like I can never get a game online but I always get smashed anyways

Fuji
08-04-2011, 07:18 PM
I'm going online now if anyone wants to play a game! :)

As_Bold_As_Lions

-Fuji

SStrikerR
08-04-2011, 09:29 PM
ARRRGGHHHH is there anyone on XBL here?????!!!! All I am playing are drop shot artists who drop every point and 100 power layers.

I could play you next week sometime. Haven't played in a while.

Agassi_Return
08-06-2011, 12:40 PM

thx ^^

;).......

Zildite
08-06-2011, 06:40 PM
Whats different in version 1.02? I just downloaded it.

MichaelNadal
08-07-2011, 01:18 AM
Whats different in version 1.02? I just downloaded it.

Did it make you download it? I think I remember my game updating a few days ago but I don't notice a difference.

FedExpress 333
08-07-2011, 02:03 AM
I could play you next week sometime. Haven't played in a while.

Awesome, that should be fun!

It seems like there are a lot more PS3 TS4 players here.

Zildite
08-07-2011, 05:30 AM
Did it make you download it? I think I remember my game updating a few days ago but I don't notice a difference.

Yeah it was required, about 8 mb. I thought it would probably be some online improvement but I don't know. Can't find anything about it through google :-?

FedExpress 333
08-07-2011, 06:14 AM
it is supposed to help WT, but it failed.

MichaelNadal
08-10-2011, 09:37 AM
Is this Las Vegas allstars arena new? Or am I just seeing it for the first time this week? Either way it's awesome and I love the florescent lights.

SStrikerR
08-10-2011, 10:48 AM
Awesome, that should be fun!

It seems like there are a lot more PS3 TS4 players here.

I just have to get a new xbl card, I didn't know my live was about to run out :???:

Fuji
08-10-2011, 04:55 PM
I'm attempting to get all 3rd outfits, some of them are so tiresome! :(

-Fuji

EDIT: Woohoo! We've officially hit 1000 Posts! :)

jamesblakefan#1
08-11-2011, 02:15 PM
Wasn't sure whether to start another thread or not, but EA has announced Grand Slam Tennis 2 for the 360/PS3/Wii.

http://www.operationsports.com/news/501850/ea-sports-grand-slam-tennis-2-comes-to-the-playstation-3-and-xbox-360/
http://www.ea.com/grand-slam-tennis-2/