PDA

View Full Version : No upsets thus far

dandelion_smiley
01-20-2011, 12:46 AM
All the top seeds are standing firm, on both the men's and women's side. Could this mean we're going to witness better matches in the later stages of the AO?

Federerx16
01-20-2011, 01:51 AM
They are coming.

Markov
01-20-2011, 02:28 AM
Davydenko's first round exit looked like some kind of an upset to me, even though he was seeded nowhere near the top. I thought he could go far after easily beating Nadal in Doha.

Mortifier
01-20-2011, 02:57 AM
One can also state that Wawrinka def. Dimitrov was an upset. It was to a 98% similarity like Federer crashing out...

Otherwise you have Berankis def. Nalbandian. Kubot def. Querrey. Raonic def. Llodra. Not by any means big upsets, but still surprising to some extent.

dandelion_smiley
01-20-2011, 03:41 AM
We're likely to see 15 out of 16 seeds in the 4th round...

Nadal likely to beat Tomic (WC)
Cilic should beat Isner.
Youzhny likely to beat Raonic (QF)
Ferrer likely to beat Berankis
Soderling likely to beat Hernych (QF)
Tsonga likely to beat Dolgopolov
Melzer is the slight favorite against Baghdatis.
Murray likely to beat Garcia-Lopez
Berdych should beat Gasquet.
Verdasco likely to beat Nishikori.
Almagro should beat Ljubicic.
Djokovic likely to beat Troicki.
Roddick likely to beat Haase.
Monfils-Wawrinka is 50/50 to me
Robredo-Stakhovsky doesnt matter
Federer likely to beat Malisse.

The only unpredictable score is Monfils-Wawrinka. It's very possible we're going to see 12/13 out of 16 top seeds in the 4th round.

Have the top players ever been so dominant?

kOaMaster
01-20-2011, 03:57 AM
wow, all of the 16 seeds could reach the 4th round. that would have to be a premiere?

dandelion_smiley
01-20-2011, 04:10 AM
wow, all of the 16 seeds could reach the 4th round. that would have to be a premiere?

Fish was the 16th seed and lost in the 2nd round. 15 out of 16 are still in the tournament, tho

fuzz nation
01-20-2011, 07:26 AM
Not a major headline, but Iveta Benesova knocked off (18)Maria Kirilenko. Benesova is one of these tiny ladies who makes a ton of power with great technique. I spotted her in a match on an outside court at a recent US Open and was amazed by just how good of a striker she is.

This result isn't too much of a surprise for me except that Maria seems to have finally found that extra gear in her game that can make her at home in the top ten for a while. Nothing like seeing potential realized, right?

For the record, I should admit that I've got a serious soft spot for just about any of the tennis ladies from the Czech Republic or Slovakia.

Carry on, people...

...don't know what that smiley face is about, but Maria was seeded eighteenth...

li0scc0
01-20-2011, 07:29 AM
Not a major headline, but Iveta Benesova knocked off (18)Maria Kirilenko. Benesova is one of these tiny ladies who makes a ton of power with great technique. I spotted her in a match on an outside court at a recent US Open and was amazed by just how good of a striker she is.

This result isn't too much of a surprise for me except that Maria seems to have finally found that extra gear in her game that can make her at home in the top ten for a while. Nothing like seeing potential realized, right?

For the record, I should admit that I've got a serious soft spot for just about any of the tennis ladies from the Czech Republic or Slovakia.

Carry on, people...

x2 for Benesova!!! Played very well.

Underhand
01-20-2011, 07:37 AM
Cornet has upset Martínez Sánchez.

ollinger
01-20-2011, 07:50 AM
Smiley
the thread should be in Pro Match Results. Since we all know who's favored in most early round matches, posting "no upsets so far" is posting match results. Show consideration to others.