PDA

View Full Version : AO Friday Schedule = AWESOME!!!

Gemini
01-20-2011, 08:02 AM
Just thought that there probably hasn't be as great a lineup of Friday (Thursday night for us in the U.S.) singles matches so early on in the A.O. in recent memory.

Wozniacki v. Cibulkova
Henin v. Kuznetsova
Malisse v. Federer
Wawrinka v. Monfils
Williams v. Petkovic
Troicki v. Djokovic
Nishikori v. Verdasco
Berdych v. Gasquet

Federer didn't look sharp against Simon so I'm giving Malisse a set in that encounter. Troicki?? It might be his time to step out of Novak's shadow. Cibulkova could be a giant-killer. I think this is Williams's last round in Australia. Wawrinka/Monfils is a toss-up. Nishikori will frustrate Verdasco and take it in four. Gasquet plays some inspired ball (for a change) and wins in four. Kuznetsova lays the law down on Justine in straights.

Underhand
01-20-2011, 08:24 AM
Cool story, bro

CocaCola
01-20-2011, 08:29 AM
Damn straight.

nadal_slam_king
01-20-2011, 08:52 AM
This is the best Australian Open in history, it's like all the stars are falling into alignment for the tournament as a whole, because of THE RAFA SLAM. We even witnessed the greatest hilarity in tennis history (KimWood aka textgate).

dlk
01-20-2011, 08:52 AM
It is a great day. But Fed in straights.

Underhand
01-20-2011, 09:01 AM
This is the best Australian Open in history, it's like all the stars are falling into alignment for the tournament as a whole, because of THE RAFA SLAM.

http://www.forthemommas.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/211_kleenex.jpg

Fedex
01-20-2011, 09:04 AM
This is the best Australian Open in history, it's like all the stars are falling into alignment for the tournament as a whole, because of THE RAFA SLAM. We even witnessed the greatest hilarity in tennis history (KimWood aka textgate).

No. This will be known as THE HAGGIS SLAM.

Speranza
01-20-2011, 11:18 AM
http://www.forthemommas.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/211_kleenex.jpg

Holmes: Indeed. Perhaps an extra box for next week also if Ralph progresses further.

joeri888
01-20-2011, 11:19 AM
Federer-Malisse COULD be good, as could Djokovic - Troicki.

Haase-Roddick can be good too.

Of Wawrinka-Monfils and Berdych - Gasquet I expect nothing less than GREAT stuff.

ryushen21
01-20-2011, 11:37 AM
Just thought that there probably hasn't be as great a lineup of Friday (Thursday night for us in the U.S.) singles matches so early on in the A.O. in recent memory.

Wozniacki v. Cibulkova Wozzy in straights
Henin v. Kuznetsova Kuz will kill in straights
Malisse v. Federer Federer in 4
Wawrinka v. Monfils Hoping Wawkrinka paints the court with him in straights
Williams v. Petkovic Williams in 3 if she doesn't hurt herself
Troicki v. Djokovic Djoker in 4
Nishikori v. Verdasco Vedasco will spike the hawk extra high and win in 4
Berdych v. Gasquet Berdych in 5

Federer didn't look sharp against Simon so I'm giving Malisse a set in that encounter. Troicki?? It might be his time to step out of Novak's shadow. Cibulkova could be a giant-killer. I think this is Williams's last round in Australia. Wawrinka/Monfils is a toss-up. Nishikori will frustrate Verdasco and take it in four. Gasquet plays some inspired ball (for a change) and wins in four. Kuznetsova lays the law down on Justine in straights.

Or I could be completely wrong....

Gemini
01-20-2011, 12:32 PM

Of Wawrinka-Monfils and Berdych - Gasquet I expect nothing less than GREAT stuff.

I haven't seen enough of Haase's play to determine how he'll fair against Roddick. Roddick only seems to have a single gear these days so anything's possible.

The Gasquet/Berdych match could be barn-burner but only if Gasquet shows up.

Gemini
01-20-2011, 12:38 PM
Or I could be completely wrong....

We shall see. If Woz gets by Cibulkova, it's going to be in 3, but I'm thinking Cibulkova can pull the upset.

Wawrinka-Monfils: This is probably the surest bet for a good match. Wawrinka will attack and Monfils will defend. Should be entertaining.

TennisFan3
01-20-2011, 12:57 PM

Wozniacki v. Cibulkova
Henin v. Kuznetsova
Malisse v. Federer
Wawrinka v. Monfils
Williams v. Petkovic
Troicki v. Djokovic
Nishikori v. Verdasco
Berdych v. Gasquet

The only 2 interesting ATP matches here are Djoker-Troicki and Stan the man vs Monfils. The rest will be duds.

Oh..and there is ZERO chance of Malisse winning a set against Federer. Simon's a bad matchup for him and Fed's had his wakeup call.
Count on Fed to cruise to the final without dropping a set..

AM95
01-20-2011, 01:28 PM

there is no rafa slam though...at least not yet.

Gemini
01-20-2011, 01:38 PM
The only 2 interesting ATP matches here are Djoker-Troicki and Stan the man vs Monfils. The rest will be duds.

Oh..and there is ZERO chance of Malisse winning a set against Federer. Simon's a bad matchup for him and Fed's had his wakeup call.
Count on Fed to cruise to the final without dropping a set..

Oh..those are bold, bold predictions :)

I don't see Federer escaping without at least dropping a couple more sets should he make it to the final.

I think they'll be some surprises in the other matches outside of Djokovic/Troicki and Wawrinka/Monfils. Stay tuned....