PDA

View Full Version : A question that interviewers should be asking G Simon..

PrinceMoron
01-20-2011, 12:33 PM
So Gilles, did you make that Hawkeye challenge because you really thought your serve was good, or were you just so tired after being run ragged in the point before that you thought you would try and gain a few seconds' breathing space?

Or if TV time is short, they could just ask Simon what he thinks Hawkeye is for

What a loser, handing his opponent the psychological initiative by showing that he is running so empty that he has to cheat.

BTW the serve was about 7 inches out for those who did not see it.

dandelion_smiley
01-20-2011, 12:44 PM
So Gilles, did you make that Hawkeye challenge because you really thought your serve was good, or were you just so tired after being run ragged in the point before that you thought you would try and gain a few seconds' breathing space?

Or if TV time is short, they could just ask Simon what he thinks Hawkeye is for

What a loser, handing his opponent the psychological initiative by showing that he is running so empty that he has to cheat.

whats allowed is not cheating, Simon did absolutely the right thing there

tacou
01-20-2011, 12:56 PM
what an insignificant thing to worry about, especially since the match ended two days ago...
and as poster above mentioned it is not cheating. you can challenge almost any call there is. using it to catch your breath
is in fact a good idea, not cheating.

Bobby Jr
01-20-2011, 01:05 PM
A more apt question would be "how do you properly pronounce your name?"

danielrios
01-20-2011, 01:05 PM
Cool story, bro.

Underhand
01-20-2011, 01:41 PM
The OP lives up to his nickname, minus "Prince".

skip1969
01-20-2011, 02:13 PM
really????

topspin18
01-20-2011, 02:17 PM
I think the original poster is a FED fan!!!!!!!!

Wanted an upset in the match
And that is not cheating because it was a close serve

PrinceMoron
01-21-2011, 02:21 AM
The OP lives up to his nickname, minus "Prince".My friends call me Moron, but you can call me Prince.

joeri888
01-21-2011, 02:24 AM
A more apt question would be "how do you properly pronounce your name?"

Zheel Seamo(n). The n should not be pronounced, but the o shouldbe more like the second o in 'moron' than an o like in lego.

Sentinel
01-21-2011, 03:30 AM
can you please point out which serve this was. a video link would be nice,

although this is really old, it was not the final, Federer won, and blah blah blah.

Underhand
01-21-2011, 04:10 AM
My friends call me Moron, but you can call me Prince.

I'm sure you have LOT of friends.

yellowoctopus
01-21-2011, 07:52 AM
whats allowed is not cheating, Simon did absolutely the right thing there

Hear hear.

It's not that unusual for today's pros to use the challenge option to disrupt their opponent's rhythm or to catch their own.

Staying seated and re-re-re-arranging your water bottles after the chair umpire calls to start the game; or taking 3-5 minutes between points to adjust, er, oneself: Now that's going beyond what is allowed.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0349/7233/340x_crop_340x234.jpg

TBrady
01-21-2011, 08:12 AM
Cool story, bro.

My thoughts exactly.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/68/tumblr_l6i1usla5K1qz4g8wo1_400.png (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=4904)

PrinceMoron
01-21-2011, 01:01 PM
I'm sure you have LOT of friends.

Ah, so you are not an English native speaker, or the "S" key on your keyboard is sticky. That is why the humour escapes you.

Well, I will have to wait to find out the next installment in this exciting chat, as I am on a flight to Newark, then LHR, then AO here I come. Minus 11 during the day in Cleveland, so didn't really get out too much. Melbourne is going to be 36 degrees hotter. Have you ever done the Grand Slam? You know, get to watch tennis at all the majors in one year.

I have lots of friends, as I have debenture seats for Wimbledon, a flat in Neuilly - that is Paris France if you need to know. I rack up enough airmiles to go to NY anytime and take a friend too. Hopefully they are not friends just for the tennis tickets, but well, who can blame them.

Anyway, 2012 I am going to do the golden slam, all four majors, plus the Olympics in London, plus the O2 finals. Lots of friends and lots of tennis. Well, enjoy the tennis on TV. Hopefully you are not having to scrape by with RojaDirecta or some streaming channel : ] Have fun, I sure will.

PrinceMoron
01-21-2011, 01:15 PM
what an insignificant thing to worry about, especially since the match ended two days ago...
and as poster above mentioned it is not cheating. you can challenge almost any call there is. using it to catch your breath
is in fact a good idea, not cheating.

Federer just gave one of those I hate Hawkeye looks, no bad feelings towards Simon.

Hawkeye is owned by a cricket loving Getty, and I am afraid it does nothing for me. I don't need the big screen replays, the oohs and aahs. I can see the point of shot analysis in cricket, but in tennis they should just get on with it. Seriously where is the logic in it and still having let serves. If it is in, play the ball. I watched the last match on court at Wimbledon middle Saturday this year. Got to 21.15 and they could still play, but they had to trun off Hawkeye as it was too dark. So 90% of the match with Hawkeye and the rest with a few line judges they had to wake up.

david93
01-21-2011, 01:29 PM
Ah, so you are not an English native speaker, or the "S" key on your keyboard is sticky. That is why the humour escapes you.

Well, I will have to wait to find out the next installment in this exciting chat, as I am on a flight to Newark, then LHR, then AO here I come. Minus 11 during the day in Cleveland, so didn't really get out too much. Melbourne is going to be 36 degrees hotter. Have you ever done the Grand Slam? You know, get to watch tennis at all the majors in one year.

I have lots of friends, as I have debenture seats for Wimbledon, a flat in Neuilly - that is Paris France if you need to know. I rack up enough airmiles to go to NY anytime and take a friend too. Hopefully they are not friends just for the tennis tickets, but well, who can blame them.

Anyway, 2012 I am going to do the golden slam, all four majors, plus the Olympics in London, plus the O2 finals. Lots of friends and lots of tennis. Well, enjoy the tennis on TV. Hopefully you are not having to scrape by with RojaDirecta or some streaming channel : ] Have fun, I sure will.

Didn't you pay attention to the picture with the nice shark? :)