PDA

View Full Version : The Djoker's AO Chances...

MichaelNadal
01-20-2011, 10:40 PM
Things keep getting better and better for Novak and he seems firmly under the radar with all the talk of Federer defending his title and Nadal's Rafa slam... the guy is playing really well so far and only had to play a single 6-3 set in his last match. He is gonna be rested, pressure free, and ready methinks. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he wins this.

Seany
01-20-2011, 10:46 PM
I wouldn't say he's under the radar, a lot of people are talking about him. Murray on the other hand.....

But I agree he is a strong contender.

nadal_slam_king
01-20-2011, 10:50 PM
Ferrer, Roddick, Tsonga, Djokovic, Murray and Rafa are playing the best so far.

TennisFan3
01-20-2011, 10:52 PM
Djoker's AO chances = exactly ZERO

I don't think Djoker takes a set off Fed..

MichaelNadal
01-20-2011, 10:57 PM

I dunno, Novak is playing really well. Just as well as the USOpen. Federer has been streaky.

nadal_slam_king
01-20-2011, 10:59 PM
Federer hasn't been playing consistently enough off the ground to beat Djokovic. He also hasn't been serving very well. But who knows what form Federer will be in by the SF, maybe very good, maybe very bad. It's a tossup. All I know is, I like Rafa's chances a lot more against Federer than against Djokovic.

NadalAgassi
01-20-2011, 11:06 PM
Things keep getting better and better for Novak and he seems firmly under the radar with all the talk of Federer defending his title and Nadal's Rafa slam... the guy is playing really well so far and only had to play a single 6-3 set in his last match. He is gonna be rested, pressure free, and ready methinks. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he wins this.

I would be very surprised. He doesnt have the confidence or game to beat Federer and Nadal back to back in a best of 5 right now. Even beating one would be a big enough challenge. Last year he was 1-4 vs Federer and 0-2 vs Nadal and got spanked by both at the TMF. After beating Djokovic 3 times in a row since the U.S Open Federer would be completely confident against him. And he no longer is Nadal's nightmare on hard courts as he was for awhile. Of course Murray or someone else could take out Nadal before the final, but even Murray would probably be favorite over him based on their recent head to heads, and beating Federer-Murray back to back would be a big ask too.

Add to that he has some tough obstacles before the semis. Troicki is definitely a danger. And Berdych in the quarters would be a big danger.

nadal_slam_king
01-20-2011, 11:08 PM
I would be very surprised. He doesnt have the confidence or game to beat Federer and Nadal back to back in a best of 5 right now. Even beating one would be a big enough challenge. Last year he was 1-4 vs Federer and 0-2 vs Nadal and got spanked by both at the TMF. Of course Murray or someone else could take out Nadal before the final, but even Murray would probably be favorite over him based on their recent head to heads, and beating Federer-Murray back to back would be a big ask too.

Add to that he has some tough obstacles before the semis. Troicki is definitely a danger. And Berdych in the quarters would be a big danger.

Troicki is gone, and Berdych hasn't been in form since June.

NadalAgassi
01-20-2011, 11:09 PM
Berdych has played well at this event so far. Atleast as well as Djokovic has.

Sorry I didnt even realize the Djokovic-Troicki match had already taken place, LOL!

dandelion_smiley
01-20-2011, 11:09 PM
Federer hasn't been playing consistently enough off the ground to beat Djokovic. He also hasn't been serving very well. But who knows what form Federer will be in by the SF, maybe very good, maybe very bad. It's a tossup. All I know is, I like Rafa's chances a lot more against Federer than against Djokovic.

this thread is about djokovic's chances at the ao not about nadals preferences regarding the final

Ray Mercer
01-20-2011, 11:28 PM

Rafa won't get past Murray. Berdych also poses a decent chance of taking out both Djoker and Fed. He has been crushing the ball.

nadal_slam_king
01-20-2011, 11:33 PM
Rafa won't get past Murray. Berdych also poses a decent chance of taking out both Djoker and Fed. He has been crushing the ball.

LOL , Murray couldn't even beat Rafa in best of 3 on indoor hardcourt WTF.

TennisFan3
01-20-2011, 11:33 PM
I dunno, Novak is playing really well. Just as well as the USOpen. Federer has been streaky.

Federer has been playing 2x better than he was in the UsOpen. Furthermore he's THRASHED Djokovic several times recently.

Seriously, If the Djoker even take a set against Fed, color me surprised. It won't happen.

Like I said in another thread, Fed's cruising to the Finals without dropping a set. There he will face Murray or Nadal, which will be a much harder challenge.

nadal_slam_king
01-20-2011, 11:36 PM
Murray is overrated because he beat a mentally weak Rafa at the 2010 AO. Rafa wasn't himself until Monte Carlo. Since then Rafa beat him at Wimbledon in 3 and then at the WTF.

MichaelNadal
01-20-2011, 11:39 PM
Federer has been playing 2x better than he was in the UsOpen. Furthermore he's THRASHED Djokovic several times recently.

Seriously, If the Djoker even take a set against Fed, color me surprised. It won't happen.

Like I said in another thread, Fed's cruising to the Finals without dropping a set. There he will face Murray or Nadal, which will be a much harder challenge.

MALISSE broke Federer's serve today.

nadal_slam_king
01-20-2011, 11:43 PM
This is the worst Federer has ever looked at the AO (or at least since he got to the top 2), he's seriously disappointing me. He's missing all kinds of easy shots. It's going to be boring if we have to watch Rafa vs Djokovic again.

TennisFan3
01-20-2011, 11:46 PM
This is the worst Federer has ever looked at the AO (or at least since he got to the top 2), he's seriously disappointing me. He's missing all kinds of easy shots. It's going to be boring if we have to watch Rafa vs Djokovic again.

LOL dude. Fed was BORED out of his mind today. He still won comfortably.

Mark my words Djokovic won't get a set off this version of Fed. As I said before, Fed's game has moved up another gear since WTF courtesy Mr Annacone.

Get ready for a Fed-Nadal or Fed-Murray final.

amaze
01-20-2011, 11:53 PM
There are chances in case the time machine has been invented to travel back in 2008.

TennisFan3
01-20-2011, 11:58 PM
There are chances in case the time machine has been invented to travel back in 2008.

Exactly right. Unfortunately the Djoker is a pale shadow of his 2008 version. I've never seen a player decline overall in three years at the top level. Djoker is still good enough to be in the top 4, but he won't win against Fed and Nadal unless he recovers the 2008 form..

nadal_slam_king
01-21-2011, 12:32 AM
LOL dude. Fed was BORED out of his mind today. He still won comfortably.

Mark my words Djokovic won't get a set off this version of Fed. As I said before, Fed's game has moved up another gear since WTF courtesy Mr Annacone.

Get ready for a Fed-Nadal or Fed-Murray final.

Federer looked like garbage vs Simon too, and he was angry at himself, not bored :lol: he just sucks in this event compared to the other premier players. He always sucks now in slams, compared to best anyway. Best of 3-setters he's still top 2.

Fedex
01-21-2011, 12:45 AM
LOL , Murray couldn't even beat Rafa in best of 3 on indoor hardcourt WTF.

Hey you behave. You know you have said yourself, many times, that Murray is the big favourite if he meets Nadal at the AO.
I remember you repeatedly saying this.
I personally don't agree but I know those are your views.

Fedex
01-21-2011, 12:47 AM
Murray is overrated because he beat a mentally weak Rafa at the 2010 AO. Rafa wasn't himself until Monte Carlo. Since then Rafa beat him at Wimbledon in 3 and then at the WTF.

Are you the same person?

nadal_slam_king
01-21-2011, 02:03 AM
Hey you behave. You know you have said yourself, many times, that Murray is the big favourite if he meets Nadal at the AO.
I remember you repeatedly saying this.
I personally don't agree but I know those are your views.

I like hyping up Rafa's opponents, UNTIL SLAM TIME ARRIVES.
http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz274/jgpbulls/bigtime.jpg

MichaelNadal
01-27-2011, 07:09 AM
Epic win so far OP.

TMF
01-27-2011, 07:13 AM

Next time try to post something that makes sense. Don't be like Nadal slam king.