PDA

View Full Version : Women athletically superior to men

sureshs
01-21-2011, 08:13 AM
I am reading Inside Tennis now and it quotes Simon Barnes of The London Times:

-----------
"Women are not athletically inferior to men. In most sports, women operate to ... different standards... In many ways women are physically superior. When it comes to extreme endurance, tolerance of pain, coping with extremes of temperature and sense of balance, women beat men every time. But most sporting events - being invented by men - are not tough enough to reach the point at which female superiority kicks in."
------------

My own two observations prove this beyond a doubt:

1. In the B grade movies where a team of people are always escaping from a dinosaur/mutant crocodile/mutant shark/big anaconda/horror serial killer etc, a scantily dressed woman always survives till the end, while the men get killed one by one.
2. Henin's one handed backhand is superior to Federer's.

Sid_Vicious
01-21-2011, 08:15 AM
http://www.lostrepublic.us/Graphics/DoubleFacePalm.jpg

Gemini
01-21-2011, 08:17 AM

-----------
"Women are not athletically inferior to men. In most sports, women operate to ... different standards... In many ways women are physically superior. When it comes to extreme endurance, tolerance of pain, coping with extremes of temperature and sense of balance, women beat men every time. But most sporting events - being invented by men - are not tough enough to reach the point at which female superiority kicks in."
------------

1. In the B grade movies where a team of people are always escaping from a dinosaur/mutant crocodile/mutant shark/big anaconda/horror serial killer etc, a scantily dressed woman always survives till the end, while the men get killed one by one.

LOL.....:lol:

Dream_On
01-21-2011, 08:18 AM
I think that ants are athletically superior to men as well

DarthMaul
01-21-2011, 08:18 AM

-----------
------------

3. I'm a woman.

That explains your post. :)

sureshs
01-21-2011, 08:20 AM
I assume you guys think you are a better than a journalist at the London Times?

I have read that men are more prone to die of heart disease earlier than women.

rommil
01-21-2011, 08:20 AM
Suresh, it doesn't mean that your little sister owning you at arm wrestling is true for everybody.

abmk
01-21-2011, 08:24 AM
Suresh, it doesn't mean that your little sister owning you at arm wrestling is true for everybody.

^^

This post FTW :)

Sid_Vicious
01-21-2011, 08:25 AM

I have read that black men are more prone to die of heart disease than any other group in the population.

jdubbs
01-21-2011, 08:27 AM
You know, I was just watching a WNBA game and thinking how much better the women are than the men.

Good post!

Totai
01-21-2011, 08:27 AM
I don't mind it if women are more athletically superior than me. That won't change my life

sureshs
01-21-2011, 08:30 AM
You know, I was just watching a WNBA game and thinking how much better the women are than the men.

Good post!

That is because sports have been designed by men for men.

We need to design new sports in which women's superior athleticism can be revealed.

There is already gymnastics of course.

yellowoctopus
01-21-2011, 08:31 AM

-----------
------------

'extreme endurance' : Perhaps WTA should start making their entertainers...I mean players play for best of five sets at Grand Slam events. Equal pay for equal work, no?

http://images.forbes.com/media/2009/10/14/1014_most-powerful-stacey-allaster_400x280.jpg

FeVer
01-21-2011, 08:33 AM

-----------
------------

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0808/jesus-facepalm-facepalm-jesus-epic-demotivational-poster-1218659828.jpg

Rabbit
01-21-2011, 08:34 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That was great....

I think the OP is right, after all, in non-genderized sports like track and field where the genders compete in like events, who owns the records?

100 meter dash
discus
relay races
decathalons
shot put
hurdles
high jumpsWait...on 2nd thought maybe the OP is full of crap.

sureshs
01-21-2011, 08:44 AM
So you guys who randomly post here are better than accomplished journalists?

I mean, you are all not 5.0 players with a 110 mph serve as you think, but in reality 3.0 players with a 30 mph serve (on a good day).

Moreover, I already provided two solid pieces of evidence.

DownTheLine
01-21-2011, 08:52 AM

I mean, you are all not 5.0 players with a 110 mph serve as you think, but in reality 3.0 players with a 30 mph serve (on a good day).

In every way possible men are better then women. If men gave birth there would be no more disease/crime in this world.

Men are more athletic then girls.
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://18shared.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/us-news.18shared.ronniecoleman.jpg&imgrefurl=http://18shared.com/2010-mr-olympia/&usg=__iJD528tS7yU5Sd4CZIiKbbBL13s=&h=410&w=419&sz=29&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=YA3NPhchOzaAJM:&tbnh=174&tbnw=195&ei=wcg5Tdy2G4WRgQebgM3CCA&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmr.%2Bolympia%2B2010%26um%3D1%26hl%3D en%26client%3Dsafari%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Den%26biw%3D1 276%26bih%3D684%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=311&vpy=303&dur=2664&hovh=222&hovw=227&tx=135&ty=125&oei=wcg5Tdy2G4WRgQebgM3CCA&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:7,s:0
or
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://cdn.thefrisky.com/images/uploads/ms_olympia_iris_kyle_092909_m.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.thefrisky.com/post/246-ms.-olympia-isnt-worth-as-much-as-mr.-olympia/&usg=__EoCv3kxtAW-Ktf7cLSzh-OHEucU=&h=294&w=425&sz=39&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=e3KuCVuuagjl3M:&tbnh=126&tbnw=175&ei=88g5TYDdA8PSgQern827CA&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmrs.%2Bolympia%2B2010%26um%3D1%26hl%3 Den%26client%3Dsafari%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Den%26biw%3D 1276%26bih%3D684%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=616&vpy=77&dur=1436&hovh=187&hovw=270&tx=98&ty=80&oei=88g5TYDdA8PSgQern827CA&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=30&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:0

sureshs
01-21-2011, 08:53 AM
I prefer an athletic woman over an athletic man any day.

FD3S
01-21-2011, 08:53 AM

1. Dude, the movie producers don't have a choice. If the scantily women died first, there would be angry cries of "OMG SEXISM ARRRRGH" or complaints about the movie indirectly condemning scantily clad women. There would be threads made about it on this very forum, probably by you. Not that there would be anything wrong with that.

2. lol at Henin's anything being superior to Fed's

DownTheLine
01-21-2011, 08:54 AM

Whoever said we thought we were better then that person?

Also I've been rated by many as a 5.0+

DownTheLine
01-21-2011, 08:55 AM
1. Dude, the movie producers don't have a choice. If the scantily women died first, there would be angry cries of "OMG SEXISM ARRRRGH" or complaints about the movie indirectly condemning scantily clad women. There would be threads made about it on this very forum, probably by you. Not that there would be anything wrong with that.

2. lol at Henin's anything being superior to Fed's

Maybe in the hair? Oh wait:):):):)

sureshs
01-21-2011, 08:56 AM
Whoever said we thought we were better then that person?

Also I've been rated by many as a 5.0+

Then you should get your links in the previous post working 'coz they are not

FeVer
01-21-2011, 09:04 AM

Since when was the word of a journalist equivalent to gospel? You think he is an authority on gender superiority? No, it's just another ordinary person expressing an opinion, albeit a ridiculous one.

Moreover, where is this evidence? All I can see is two subjective opinions, one of which is yours and will therefore be disregarded immediately.

This thread also gives us an opportunity to note how it is somehow permissible for someone to assert women's superiority over men without receiving any dissent from men. If someone published an article in The Times claiming that men were superior to women there would be feminist uproar and the paper would be sued out of shape. Funny how the principle only works one way and not the other...

rabidranger
01-21-2011, 09:15 AM

We need to design new sports in which women's superior athleticism can be revealed.

How are women superior to men in gymnastics?

FeVer
01-21-2011, 09:27 AM

Gymnastics is a sport dominated by men as well I'm afraid. It combines flexibility, agility and strength. Women may be somewhat equal with men in the first two departments but they don't have a man's strength. Therefore they cannot compete with men in certain types of gymnastics.

Are you claiming that none of the thousands of sports in the world, those that involve endurance, power, strength, agility, athleticism, flexibility and explosiveness, none of them suits the athletic capabilities of women?

If women require such specific conditions in order to be superior to men that no sport on the planet meets their needs, then their supposedly "superior athleticism" is pretty useless.

You better start coming up with some imaginary sports and quick, my friend.

kevoT
01-21-2011, 09:34 AM
If they're so great athletically and would like to prove it, why don't they make their own sport, huh? I don't care if we are more prone to heart disease because that's life.

ledwix
01-21-2011, 09:42 AM
Women being athletically superior to men is so obviously wrong that it's hilarious. Men OBVIOUSLY did most of the hunting during our evolutionary history. Hunting requires more athletic activity than cooking and caring for offspring. Men are on average and at best taller, faster, stronger, more agile, quicker to react, better hand-eye coordinated, etc. Women are on average better at memory and a whole bunch of other things. But in the athletic department, men are obviously programmed to be fiercer opponents in battle situations.

Legend of Borg
01-21-2011, 09:48 AM
This whole thread is turning into a misogynistic/misandric mess.

The mods should react quick, lest it continues.

sureshs
01-21-2011, 09:49 AM

I am working on that right now.

How about dancing?

IvanAndreevich
01-21-2011, 09:52 AM
As any high level athlete will tell you - girls are about two levels below guys. If I was a girl I could make the national team for volleyball, and be the star player.

I have a friend who is into fencing (inside top #100 in the world) and he says the same thing applies to fencing. It's pretty universal.

As Andy Murray said - guys inside top 1000 could take on womens' #1 no problem.

Xemi666
01-21-2011, 09:55 AM
Lol, so they have superior endurance to pain huh? That must be why women are superior to men in combat sports :lol:

Eternally_damned
01-21-2011, 10:00 AM
If men became extinct, the species would continue, via sperm banks. The converse is not true.

willshot
01-21-2011, 10:36 AM
Women are naturally stronger then men. They pop out babies like nothing but that chit looks painfull. Men would die in labor

Wozupniacki
01-21-2011, 10:45 AM
Gymnastics is a sport dominated by men as well I'm afraid. It combines flexibility, agility and strength. Women may be somewhat equal with men in the first two departments but they don't have a man's strength. Therefore they cannot compete with men in certain types of gymnastics.

Are you claiming that none of the thousands of sports in the world, those that involve endurance, power, strength, agility, athleticism, flexibility and explosiveness, none of them suits the athletic capabilities of women?

If women require such specific conditions in order to be superior to men that no sport on the planet meets their needs, then their supposedly "superior athleticism" is pretty useless.

I think female gymnasts are better on the balance beam. ;)

But otherwise I agree with you.
Women aren't that far behind men percentage-wise in extreme sports like marathon but they ARE behind.

sureshs
01-21-2011, 10:51 AM
If men became extinct, the species would continue, via sperm banks. The converse is not true.

What would happen once the banks are empty?

SStrikerR
01-21-2011, 11:02 AM
So, women giving birth and doing more spins in gymnastics = better athletes?

Ha.

sureshs
01-21-2011, 11:06 AM
So, women giving birth and doing more spins in gymnastics = better athletes?

Ha.

Just hitting a ball harder = better athletes?

Mick
01-21-2011, 11:10 AM
it's alright that they are weaker because they are better looking. most of them anyway :)

Eternally_damned
01-21-2011, 11:10 AM
What would happen once the banks are empty?

By then cloning will have taken over. Backup plan will be to increase the incentive for men to rub one off now so that the stores are good for a 1000 years. I'm sure that won't take much incentive.

sureshs
01-21-2011, 11:14 AM
By then cloning will have taken over. Backup plan will be to increase the incentive for men to rub one off now so that the stores are good for a 1000 years. I'm sure that won't take much incentive.

Certainly not on this forum, no.

miyagi
01-21-2011, 11:16 AM

Most sensible post in the this whole thread!

Gorecki
01-21-2011, 11:18 AM

How about dancing?

sure... :)

esh....

FeVer
01-21-2011, 11:34 AM

Well Roger and Rafa et al don't just hit the ball harder. They hit it with more spin, more variety, more consistency, more precision and from anywhere on the court. Men are better athletes as demonstrated by the fact that the 600th ranked man can beat possibly the greatest women ever.

Don't worry, women are better at handwriting.

Andres
01-21-2011, 11:35 AM
Well Roger and Rafa et al don't just hit the ball harder. They hit it with more spin, more variety, more consistency, more precision and from anywhere on the court. Men are better athletes as demonstrated by the fact that the 600th ranked man can beat possibly the greatest women ever.

And talking.

FeVer
01-21-2011, 11:37 AM
And talking.

No, generally they aren't. Who's the female equivalent of Stephen Fry?

DownTheLine
01-21-2011, 12:14 PM

Harder, more consistent, more accurate, better movement. 80% of guys don't grunt and hit the ball twice as hard then girls that scream at the top of their lungs

GhostDog
01-21-2011, 12:28 PM
So I guess this means a WNBA team could beat a NBA team, or Woz would beat Nadal or Fed right? :lol:

I appreciate female athleticism, but Mr.Barnes is off his rocker.

sureshs
01-21-2011, 12:54 PM
So I guess this means a WNBA team could beat a NBA team, or Woz would beat Nadal or Fed right? :lol:

No, it means sports are yet to be developed which can showcase female athletic superiorities.

Don't you guys think most WTA women have better backhands than Karlovic?

Markov
01-21-2011, 12:58 PM
Wow..........

eliza
01-21-2011, 01:04 PM
If they're so great athletically and would like to prove it, why don't they make their own sport, huh? I don't care if we are more prone to heart disease because that's life.

Please read again the exact words you yourself wrote. Very carefully.

BTW, in this thread I seem to see a line of thought about men playing better (different, better quality?) tennis.
Funny that few of you guys wrote in one of my threads that tennis is genderless, and criticized my quest for females' opinion on tennis equipment.
So, is tennis played differently? If so, why do I have to suffer in silence when I am told "watch Federer", if I will never hit like him, and instead get my female Pro, and follow female role model?

Proset
01-21-2011, 01:26 PM

-----------
------------

True. Women DO tolerate the pain of watching women's tennis- which is a test of endurance in itself- better than men.

cc0509
01-21-2011, 01:27 PM

Does not mean men are better athletes than women, only means men are physically stronger. Big deal. What stupid comments in this thread.

SStrikerR
01-21-2011, 01:28 PM

I'm not talking about just tennis. There's such a huge list of sports (that people have already named, even) that men are better in. What are women superior in?

sureshs
01-21-2011, 01:30 PM
I'm not talking about just tennis. There's such a huge list of sports (that people have already named, even) that men are better in. What are women superior in?

Read the OP carefully. We need to come up with such a sport.

jester911
01-21-2011, 01:32 PM
The OP put the bait out with the title of this thread and everyone jumped right on the hook.

Come on people.

sureshs
01-21-2011, 01:36 PM
The OP put the bait out with the title of this thread and everyone jumped right on the hook.

Come on people.

No, I thought it was an interesting viewpoint and put it out.

Too bad if some posters took the bait, as you say :-)

jester911
01-21-2011, 01:39 PM
It was a viewpoint that you didn't even believe yourself though.
You did get 3 pages of noise about it so I guess you got the results you were looking for.

sureshs
01-21-2011, 01:41 PM
You have a very low opinion of posters here :-)

ledwix
01-21-2011, 01:42 PM
Read the OP carefully. We need to come up with such a sport.

Women are also TALLER than men. See, all of your measuring techniques are flawed; we need to come up with a measuring technique that demonstrates the accurate statement that women are on average taller than men. And I can just blindly assert this; I don't have to even come up with such a metric; just claim it exists and that it is the one accurate measurement.

woody88
01-21-2011, 01:45 PM
wait a minute, are you actually telling me that Usain Bolt is a woman? or that her real name is Usaina Bolta?

Say it isn't so!!! :mad:

FeVer
01-21-2011, 02:19 PM
Does not mean men are better athletes than women, only means men are physically stronger. Big deal. What stupid comments in this thread.

Honestly, can you read? If yes, read my post again and tell me what consistency and precision have to do with strength. If no, go away.

No, it means sports are yet to be developed which can showcase female athletic superiorities.

Don't you guys think most WTA women have better backhands than Karlovic?

Well, I'm yet to get the Nobel Prize for peace but I don't keep going on about it.

And also, don't you think every man in the top 10 has a better forehand than Serena Williams. It's kinda irrelevant anyway, suresh, because you set out to claim that women were better athletes than men. Whether they have a better backhand than Karlovic is immaterial.

counterpuncher64
01-21-2011, 02:21 PM
5 star thread. Lols were had

Gorecki
01-21-2011, 02:50 PM
and Suresh makes yet another epic thread!

Suresh is GOAT(rolls)

jester911
01-21-2011, 03:15 PM
You have a very low opinion of posters here :-)

I am not the one that baited them.

Having only been here about a month I really have no opinion on them.

Expired
01-21-2011, 03:29 PM
aesthetically**
Use spell check next time.

Legend of Borg
01-21-2011, 03:32 PM
No, I thought it was an interesting viewpoint and put it out.

Too bad if some posters took the bait, as you say :-)

lol

Successful troll thread is successful.

svijk
01-21-2011, 03:39 PM

really, you sound like someone that doesn't get any kind of woman... ;)

what i hope you get is a good smack on the head if all these insults don't work...sureshs has no respect in these forums

Tanya
01-21-2011, 05:59 PM
I'm still trying to figure out whether this thread is a joke or not...

World Beater
01-21-2011, 06:00 PM
women's endurance is very comparable to men's endurance, if not more.

men are generally much more explosive athletes though.

cc0509
01-21-2011, 06:18 PM
Honestly, can you read? If yes, read my post again and tell me what consistency and precision have to do with strength. If no, go away.

Yes, as a matter of fact, I can read, but thanks for asking!
I was responding mostly to your prior general statement that men are better athletes than women are and that the 600th ranked man can beat a woman. To me, that may be true based on a man's greater physical strength. Just because Federer and Nadal may have greater consistency and precision than most women tennis players does not make it so that all male athletes have greater consistency and precision than all female athletes. But please, continue on your high but very ignorant horse! :)

ReopeningWed
01-21-2011, 06:34 PM
Personally, I don't mind. More endurance = more time in the kitchen in between trips of fetching me beer.

callmethedoctor
01-21-2011, 06:53 PM
proof that Henin's backhand is superior to Fed's-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsveiPJcxlE

NLBwell
01-21-2011, 07:14 PM
Women are genetically made to survive extreme conditions better than men. Higher muscle mass and lower fat % make men faster, stronger, etc., but they are expendable (hunting, war) - more muscle mass means more calories needed to survive. The human race can survive with very few men, but it needs women. Therefore, super-extreme physical exertion can be survived better by women than men. The best example is the long-distance swimming where Diana Nyad did feats greater than men ever did like swimming from Florida to the Bahamas. Other than that sport, I'm not sure what you could come up with where women would be better than men. Maybe skating from Alaska to Hudson Bay? That would include the survival of cold as well as energy expended skating.

comicalrlf
01-21-2011, 11:28 PM
I would love to see fed play woz. It would be target practice.

PCXL-Fan
01-22-2011, 12:04 AM
There is a reason some trolls live under bridges. They are not successful. You sureshs sir are not a successful troll.

Sid_Vicious
01-22-2011, 12:58 AM
Women are genetically made to survive extreme conditions better than men. Higher muscle mass and lower fat % make men faster, stronger, etc., but they are expendable (hunting, war) - more muscle mass means more calories needed to survive. The human race can survive with very few men, but it needs women. Therefore, super-extreme physical exertion can be survived better by women than men. The best example is the long-distance swimming where Diana Nyad did feats greater than men ever did like swimming from Florida to the Bahamas. Other than that sport, I'm not sure what you could come up with where women would be better than men. Maybe skating from Alaska to Hudson Bay? That would include the survival of cold as well as energy expended skating.

LOL, dream on man. There are male swimmers who have accomplished feats far superior to her's. Where did you get that from? Florida to Bahamas is an impressive 103 mile swim... but Martin Strel the great slovenian swimmer holds records that put this lady to shame.
In July 2001, he achieved one more world record — 504.5 kilometres (313.5 mi) of non-stop swimming in Danube within 84 hours and 10 minutes.

There was another guy who swam across the atlantic. The first claim you made is certainly not a fact by any stretch of the imagination.

Underhand
01-22-2011, 01:37 AM
I'm still trying to figure out whether this thread is a joke or not...

No, WTA is the joke, ******.

cc0509
01-22-2011, 03:45 AM
No, WTA is the joke, ******.

:roll::roll::roll::roll:

FeVer
01-22-2011, 03:59 AM
:roll::roll::roll::roll:

There are only 20 or so players on the WTA who deserve to be called "pro".

eliza
01-22-2011, 04:11 AM
LOL, dream on man. There are male swimmers who have accomplished feats far superior to her's. Where did you get that from? Florida to Bahamas is an impressive 103 mile swim... but Martin Strel the great slovenian swimmer holds records that put this lady to shame.

There was another guy who swam across the atlantic. The first claim you made is certainly not a fact by any stretch of the imagination.

Argument on women being genetically wired for endurance vs. male warriors etc etc.
So much for Darwin's evolutionary model.

FeVer
01-22-2011, 05:33 AM
Argument on women being genetically wired for endurance vs. male warriors etc etc.
So much for Darwin's evolutionary model.

That doesn't make any sense. What point are you trying to make?

dantesinferno18
01-22-2011, 06:32 AM
I think that ants are athletically superior to men as well

well if you wana get technical ants can hold like 6x their own body weight so there is a tad of truth to that lol

cknobman
01-22-2011, 06:35 AM
If women are really genetically superior to men and the only reason it does not show is because all current sports are designed for men then that is a real slap in the face to women.

Sports have been around for how many thousands of years? And women have yet to create their own sport that showcases their true superiority?

So your saying women are incredibly stupid then.......right?????????

FeVer
01-22-2011, 06:40 AM
If women are really genetically superior to men and the only reason it does not show is because all current sports are designed for men then that is a real slap in the face to women.

Sports have been around for how many thousands of years? And women have yet to create their own sport that showcases their true superiority?

So your saying women are incredibly stupid then.......right?????????

If you try to delve too deeply into suresh's logic you might get a headache.

eliza
01-22-2011, 06:46 AM
That doesn't make any sense. What point are you trying to make?

I will try to explain (sorry no time for lectures) that genetic is one thing, but evolution (education, use of body in sports, food etc.) is another factor.
Is like saying (and I heard many times when I was 10-15) that women's brain is wired in such a way they cannot become engineers, or lawyers, or judges (was not a US judge that wrote because of menstrual cycles women were unable to perform as judges?). They are "naturally nurturers"(the most idiotical thing sold to the world): culture and education made them that way, nature has very little to do.
I see in young girls a strength that my generation did not have. Evolution. Hopefully progress...

tennytive
01-22-2011, 06:54 AM
I've only seen a woman beat a man in professional bowling and pocket billiards.

However I'm not sure how much athleticism is needed for either of those pastimes.

How many women finish first in co-ed marathons or iron (wo)man competitions?

When shopping becomes a sport, you may have an argument. :wink:

NLBwell
01-22-2011, 07:12 AM

Nyad did the swim in 1979 and was the record for men or women at the time. It was swimming contiunously in the open ocean. Her record has been broken by another woman.
Longest Ocean Swim
Thursday October 14, 2004
Australian Susie Maroney swam a record 197 km (122 miles) from Mexico to Cuba, covering the longest distance ever swum without flippers in open sea. She completed the marathon swim in 38 hours and 33 minutes, arriving in Cuba on June 1, 1998. (Guiness World Records).

FeVer
01-22-2011, 07:45 AM
Nyad did the swim in 1979 and was the record for men or women at the time. It was swimming contiunously in the open ocean. Her record has been broken by another woman.
Longest Ocean Swim
Thursday October 14, 2004
Australian Susie Maroney swam a record 197 km (122 miles) from Mexico to Cuba, covering the longest distance ever swum without flippers in open sea. She completed the marathon swim in 38 hours and 33 minutes, arriving in Cuba on June 1, 1998. (Guiness World Records).

The only reason why that record still stands (if it actually does), is because no men have tried it yet. Instead they decided to swim the Atlantic. Are you honestly implying that a man couldn't equal or surpass the feat of swimming 122 miles?

Sid_Vicious
01-22-2011, 08:04 AM
I will try to explain (sorry no time for lectures) that genetic is one thing, but evolution (education, use of body in sports, food etc.) is another factor.
Is like saying (and I heard many times when I was 10-15) that women's brain is wired in such a way they cannot become engineers, or lawyers, or judges (was not a US judge that wrote because of menstrual cycles women were unable to perform as judges?). They are "naturally nurturers"(the most idiotical thing sold to the world): culture and education made them that way, nature has very little to do.
I see in young girls a strength that my generation did not have. Evolution. Hopefully progress...
Cool story, Bro.

jms007
01-22-2011, 08:27 AM
Well if we're gonna design a sport for women, we need to know what physical attributes they have that are better than men. I hear a lot about the pain threshold but that seems to be only backed up by childbirth, which is not a good measurement since only women can do it. In general though, I've never had it proven to me that they can take more. In fact, just from my own observation it's the COMPLETE opposite.

I suppose we can call cooking a sport, but even there most top chefs are men. 8)

dantesinferno18
01-22-2011, 12:10 PM
the current chicken wing eating champion is a woman, asian obviously

NamRanger
01-22-2011, 12:16 PM

I concur, I mean, look at this beauty

http://www.creatinejournal.com/women-body-builders/Nicole.jpg

This is a woman, I'm not even kidding.

West Coast Ace
01-22-2011, 12:32 PM
...Simon Barnes of the London Times...
"Women are not athletically inferior to men...are not tough enough to reach the point at which female superiority kicks in."So according to Mr. Barnes women should be whooping men on marathons. Still waiting for that to happen.
LOL!

NLBwell
01-22-2011, 01:51 PM

I have posted in this thread supporting women's ability in extreme circumstances with some facts, so I must post that some of what you are saying here is not true.
Generally, of course there are exceptions, men have better spacial relations and mathematical abilities than women. These are important in engineering. Also, in studies done with small children, boys do tend to gravitate toward building with blocks, playing with cars and trucks, and other "boy" activities (which would show an interest in engineering) while little girls are much more interested in relating to other people and have better verbal abilities. These traits appear even when the opposite traits are encouraged. I do know some very good women engineers, but the fewer numbers of women than men in engineering is not just due to culture. In fact, women are recruited heavily by engineering companies, while men are discouraged in order to get the number of women higher for EEOC/affirmative action reasons (it looks good in bidding for government contracts).
The myth that women's and men's brains work the same has been disproven by science. Women access both sides of their brains better than men, they are more verbal than men, they have better attention to detail than men, they have better peripheral vision than men and, yes, they tend to be more nurturing than men. Why women would think that nurturing is a bad thing is beyond me. How we got from women having equal opportunity to be whatever they wanted to believing that women nurturing others is bad I don't understand. It is a shame that "womanly" qualities are considered bad and should be stamped out, while being the same as a man is considered good.

salsainglesa
01-22-2011, 02:47 PM
I haven't read past the first 6 or 8 posts, but I found a lot of sexist comentaries.
chill out, women can be superior in many aspects. Generally speaking.
Men are in some others, there is no big deal. As there is no big deal on any individual being better at something than you.
If we would use our strengths and cooperate towards common well being we wouldn't be in a world where the powerful get more power, and make the powerless have less oportunities of empowerment.

Ratings matter little, what matters is that everytime you step into a court with whoever you did, you empower yourself and the other person. You can both become more confident, stronger, faster, more calm. Its not competition what takes the best out of us, is cooperation.

Being the best you can be can be of great service to others.

mmeyer1
01-22-2011, 03:24 PM
http://img5.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/4714/4714785eb1cfb08baa49dfb02060e03bf7455bb.jpg
/thread

10char

cc0509
01-22-2011, 03:34 PM
There are only 20 or so players on the WTA who deserve to be called "pro".

Whatever you say Einstein! :-D

salsainglesa
01-22-2011, 03:41 PM
I have read it all... and I have come to the conclusion that men are better at discriminating than women.
We suck guys.

Way to go...

rommil
01-22-2011, 05:19 PM
We suck guys.

You didn't need to tell.

Lifted
01-22-2011, 07:47 PM
I love how only a few people have figured out that sureshs is a master troll, in the purest sense of the word, and that this thread is an example of his greatness. sureshs, I am humbled before thee.

FeVer
01-22-2011, 11:57 PM
Whatever you say Einstein! :-D

Maybe you'd like to start naming them, Einstein.

FeVer
01-22-2011, 11:59 PM
I haven't read past the first 6 or 8 posts, but I found a lot of sexist comentaries.
Men are in some others, there is no big deal. As there is no big deal on any individual being better at something than you.
If we would use our strengths and cooperate towards common well being we wouldn't be in a world where the powerful get more power, and make the powerless have less oportunities of empowerment.

Ratings matter little, what matters is that everytime you step into a court with whoever you did, you empower yourself and the other person. You can both become more confident, stronger, faster, more calm. Its not competition what takes the best out of us, is cooperation.

Being the best you can be can be of great service to others.

Stop with this liberal rubbish

Fate Archer
01-23-2011, 12:02 AM
Well, after the Schiavone vs Kuznetsova match, I think this is an appropriate time to bump this thread. :)

eliza
01-23-2011, 06:52 AM
I have posted in this thread supporting women's ability in extreme circumstances with some facts, so I must post that some of what you are saying here is not true.
Generally, of course there are exceptions, men have better spacial relations and mathematical abilities than women. These are important in engineering. Also, in studies done with small children, boys do tend to gravitate toward building with blocks, playing with cars and trucks, and other "boy" activities (which would show an interest in engineering) while little girls are much more interested in relating to other people and have better verbal abilities. These traits appear even when the opposite traits are encouraged. I do know some very good women engineers, but the fewer numbers of women than men in engineering is not just due to culture. In fact, women are recruited heavily by engineering companies, while men are discouraged in order to get the number of women higher for EEOC/affirmative action reasons (it looks good in bidding for government contracts).
The myth that women's and men's brains work the same has been disproven by science. Women access both sides of their brains better than men, they are more verbal than men, they have better attention to detail than men, they have better peripheral vision than men and, yes, they tend to be more nurturing than men. Why women would think that nurturing is a bad thing is beyond me. How we got from women having equal opportunity to be whatever they wanted to believing that women nurturing others is bad I don't understand. It is a shame that "womanly" qualities are considered bad and should be stamped out, while being the same as a man is considered good.

I did not disregard this, sorry it is such a long debate and it is a shame to have only few lines. Do please disprove facts with facts, not opinions. Where is teh science that proves that brains work differently? Maybe you wanted to say the brain (same) reacts to the environment in such a way that beahvioral patterns are supported and become "natural".....
We are the product of the environment we were born. If are avalable to you, read studies on societies in Israel, China etc. and you will see no differences in the way men/women react to stimuli .
You tell me that a newborn, put in a crib with pink all over, given dolls from age 1 will not "naturally"gravitate towards dolls?
On women and work. (are you saying there is no discrimination? Are you serious? ) The GM Volt was an ALL FEMALE prototype project. It was killed by males. Then now it is vital. Have you seen any of the original engineers by its side? NO, only males............................

sureshs
01-23-2011, 07:27 AM
Proof:

This match between the beautiful Kutzy or Shwetha as I call her and Francesca Schiavone just went to 4 hours and 44 minutes.

You guys still want some more "proof"? LOL.

Gorecki
01-23-2011, 07:35 AM
Proof:

This match between the beautiful Kutzy or Shwetha as I call her and Francesca Schiavone just went to 4 hours and 44 minutes.

indeed the standard duration of a 5 setter in mans...

no i think we had enough proof of your theory...

:rolleyes:

FeVer
01-23-2011, 07:44 AM
Proof:

How long were Isner and Mahut going at it for again?

cellofaan
01-23-2011, 07:53 AM
Women aren't that far behind men percentage-wise in extreme sports like marathon but they ARE behind.

Men are roughly 10% faster than women on the marathon. That's quite a big difference.

cc0509
01-23-2011, 04:09 PM
Maybe you'd like to start naming them, Einstein.

Uh, no! It is YOUR theory that there are no more than 20 women you could call "pro" in the WTA. I would not want to ruin that theory for you and mess up any future chances you have to run the WTA since you have such impressive visions! :lol:

NLBwell
01-23-2011, 05:54 PM

I did not disregard this, sorry it is such a long debate and it is a shame to have only few lines. Do please disprove facts with facts, not opinions. Where is teh science that proves that brains work differently? Maybe you wanted to say the brain (same) reacts to the environment in such a way that beahvioral patterns are supported and become "natural".....
We are the product of the environment we were born. If are avalable to you, read studies on societies in Israel, China etc. and you will see no differences in the way men/women react to stimuli .
You tell me that a newborn, put in a crib with pink all over, given dolls from age 1 will not "naturally"gravitate towards dolls?
On women and work. (are you saying there is no discrimination? Are you serious? ) The GM Volt was an ALL FEMALE prototype project. It was killed by males. Then now it is vital. Have you seen any of the original engineers by its side? NO, only males............................

You obviously just emote and don't research. All the things I have stated have been proven over and over again for years. It is so well known it is now not just reserach, but is acted on by business.

search: women brain two side corpus collosum
http://michelemiller.blogs.com/marketing_to_women/2004/03/woman_does_not_.html
- women's greater emotionality, perception of detail, verbal ability
search: boys girls dolls study
http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2010/dec/20/chimps-play-male-female-genetic
boys+guns, girls+dolls

These google searches took only a couple seconds.
You can find hundreds of studies and articles that have shown this. They have been done for years. If this is an interst of yours, you shouldn't be so ignorant of the facts.
Now that you know your ignorance I hope you will find out facts, although I'm not very hopeful that will happen.

As far as women and the Chevy Volt - here is an article --The Women Behind The Chevy Volt
http://www.forbes.com/2010/07/15/chevy-volt-electric-technology-women.html

There are four women mangers who are instrumental in the Volt. Of course GM is trumpeting this and it has gotten big press play. However there is no mention of women engineers other than "Fletcher said she has "quite a few young ladies" reporting to her." and " On a visit to Arizona to watch the young EcoCar engineers at their frantic work, I noticed that about 10% were women." which seemed to be very impressive to them. I would be very surprised if the percentage of engineeer working on the Volt was even 10% - if it was, they would have been trumpeting that, also. There are videos, profiles of the managers, and all the things associated with a big PR campaign about women managing the Volt - GM sees woman as a primary target audience for the Volt. Of course, there would be none if it (and it wouldn't be newsworty) if men were managing it. Don't say they are hiding things. You look awfully paranoid.
As I said originally, I do know some good women engineers. I just get tired of all this made-up political correctness.

PCXL-Fan
01-23-2011, 06:56 PM

NLBwell is correct.

I've been doing a fair bit of research on the subject, reading various scientific studies on both side of the argument.

Until 70 years ago most science was saying there were huge cognitive differences between men and women. There was the old belief that there were cognitive gaps between men and women that women could never overcome. We now know this isn't true.

But now with the push towards political correctness and steamroller mentality to equality and evenness we cannot even acknowledge there really are differences.

There was an experimental gender reassignment in the city I live in Winnipeg, Canada.

One of a pair of twins, newbord David Reimer's penis was damaged in a botch circumsion. The worlds foremost expert on gender identity Dr. John Money suggested an experimental gender change operation. Dr. John Money's belief was that all behavioural, cognitive, and all facets of the mind were formed from society, social molding, nurturing and the surrounding.

At 22 months old, they completely removed David's testicles and penis and eventually started pumping him full of estrogen. Also immediately began an intensive program of conditioning him as a girl (legally renamed him Brenda) and raising him as a girl until he was 15 years old (he was completely in the dark about his original gender)(nobody knew the truth not even the grandparents, only his parents and the doctors). But he always felt different, always behaved very much like a boy and always wanted to play with boys toys and had an instictual dislike for dresses (though he eventually caved in because he wanted to be a good obedient daughter). At 15 he discovered he was born a boy, and discovered why he always felt different and not quite right, and rebelled and began living his life as a male, legally renaming himself David. He was never happy at any point in his life (especially when he was a girl) and eventually in adulthood he committed suicide. The experiemental treatment had been performed on a number of other subjects around the world by various doctors and most of them too commited suicide. This experiment to prove that nurture beats nature turned out to be a disaster.

For the past 40 years and up until recently these this experimental procedure were used by various doctors and believed to have worked. Dr Money and numerous refused to believe the experiment was a failure and to this day refuse to apologize for the lives they ruined, even in the light of various findings that the majority who undergo the infant reassignment end up commiting suicide.

Eliza I suggest you read the New York Times best seller book "As Nature Made Him: The boy who was raised as a girl", Its the true to life telling of David Reimer's life. Quite a good read.
Reading peoples summeries and reviews do not do the book justice.
http://www.amazon.ca/Nature-Made-Him-John-Colapinto/dp/0060192119/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1295847649&sr=8-2
Reprint after his suicide:
http://www.amazon.ca/As-Nature-Made-Him-Raised/dp/0061120561/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1295847649&sr=8-1
http://img.amazon.ca/images/I/51H506GHACL._SS500_.jpg

Excepts of BBC documentary on David Reimer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeSvkE9ZtHk

Tanya
01-23-2011, 07:06 PM
How long were Isner and Mahut going at it for again?

thank you for successfully referencing the most boring tennis match ever completed

PCXL-Fan
01-23-2011, 07:07 PM
One thing you have to consider is that across all animal species in the world there are behavioural differences between sexes.

Sid_Vicious
01-23-2011, 07:08 PM
Successful troll was very very successful.

Forehand Avenger
01-23-2011, 07:34 PM
Sometimes my girlfriend and I fight in bed, and she always wins. :)

equinox
01-23-2011, 07:53 PM
with 45 minutes to warmup vs 2 minutes, they damn well should be superior in the bedroom.

equinox
01-23-2011, 07:55 PM
they win a booty shaking contest easy.

sureshs
01-24-2011, 05:55 AM
There are many animals in which the female is bigger and faster than the male.

rommil
01-24-2011, 06:04 AM

You came back from your family reunion, I see.

Joe Pike
01-24-2011, 06:12 AM

Ratings matter little, what matters is that everytime you step into a court with whoever you did, you empower yourself and the other person. You can both become more confident, stronger, faster, more calm. Its not competition what takes the best out of us, is cooperation. ....

They tried this concept in the Soviet Union from 1917-1991.
Was a failure.

eliza
01-24-2011, 07:21 AM
No more comments on my part. I LOVE debating (I was "hired"by a Professor to take part in his classes as Devil's advocate, I had so much fun Kicking their brains) but I think we are talking like in a pub. I asked to clearly state the references , completed with origins of funding, scope, extent, etc. Lacking these, any further comment must be relinquished.
Let's get on a tennis court, ok?

Eternally_damned
01-24-2011, 07:24 AM
Women are weak, that's why I dominate them.

li0scc0
01-24-2011, 07:41 AM
This whole thread is turning into a misogynistic/misandric mess.

The mods should react quick, lest it continues.

Stating a fact is not misogyny.

Legend of Borg
01-24-2011, 07:43 AM
Stating a fact is not misogyny.

Is the statement above your post a fact?

Is it?

lol

li0scc0
01-24-2011, 07:44 AM

What on earth does that have to do with men vs. women in athletics? Last I checked, I was not a squirrel.

NamRanger
01-24-2011, 07:47 AM
No more comments on my part. I LOVE debating (I was "hired"by a Professor to take part in his classes as Devil's advocate, I had so much fun Kicking their brains) but I think we are talking like in a pub. I asked to clearly state the references , completed with origins of funding, scope, extent, etc. Lacking these, any further comment must be relinquished.
Let's get on a tennis court, ok?

LOL, you just got your teeth kicked in and can't respond. Just admit you were wrong.

beernutz
01-24-2011, 08:17 AM
I think female gymnasts are better on the balance beam. ;)

But otherwise I agree with you.
Well that is just not the case.

Current men's marathon record: 2:03:59, current women's marathon record: 2:15:25. To you that may not sound like they are far behind, however, the men's marathon record did not break the 2:15:25 mark until 1958, 52 years ago.

Legend of Borg
01-24-2011, 08:18 AM
What on earth does that have to do with men vs. women in athletics? Last I checked, I was not a squirrel.

How is the statement I pointed out a fact?

Don't just ignore me after you bothered digging out a post on the first page.

beernutz
01-24-2011, 08:19 AM

Is it?

lol
The purpose of those statements is to help you add to your Ignore List.

Golden Retriever
01-24-2011, 08:21 AM
Not another Brits' politically correct "scientifical" finding.

Xemi666
01-24-2011, 08:37 AM
So according to Mr. Barnes women should be whooping men on marathons. Still waiting for that to happen.
LOL!

It's because the marathons aren't long enough for female superiority to kick in, silly.

:lol: :lol:

LeeD
01-24-2011, 08:40 AM
Women can always outbirth us, out talk us in the wee hours of the morning, and can hold a grudge like none of us men can.

eliza
01-24-2011, 08:56 AM
LOL, you just got your teeth kicked in and can't respond. Just admit you were wrong.

I am at lunch break. I have no time to lecture you. NO, I am not wrong. I sustained and sustain (with serious studies behind me) a very different position.
The man who kicks my teeth is not yet born. LOL

li0scc0
01-24-2011, 09:02 AM

Is it?

lol

The statement above my post WAS completely MORONIC! :)

However, earlier statements that demonstrate men are athletically superior are what I was referring to in my statement. One does not hate women by saying men are, on average, athletically superior to women. One is not a misogynist by saying "You know what, men are more athletic than women".
One would be a misogynist by saying "women's sports are stupid". :)

NLBwell
01-24-2011, 11:37 AM
I am at lunch break. I have no time to lecture you. NO, I am not wrong. I sustained and sustain (with serious studies behind me) a very different position.
The man who kicks my teeth is not yet born. LOL

No matter what the evidence and how many thousands of studies disprove you, with no evidence or studies on your side, you believe you are right.
As I suspected.

Xemi666
01-24-2011, 12:04 PM
No matter what the evidence and how many thousands of studies disprove you, with no evidence or studies on your side, you believe you are right.
As I suspected.

Yes, we have a troll on our hands.

Legend of Borg
01-24-2011, 12:07 PM
Yes, we have a troll on our hands.

This whole thread is a masterclass attempt at trolling.

It works. :)

sureshs
01-24-2011, 12:16 PM
What about yoga? Who is better - man or woman?

Gorecki
01-24-2011, 12:23 PM
What about yoga? Who is better - man or woman?

ah.. yoga... right...

i once knew a lady who crossed her legs for 3 straight hours while mumbling ooohhhmmmm ooohhhmmmm...

now beat that men!

sureshs
01-24-2011, 02:53 PM
I now realized the reason for all the confusion and want to apologize for it.

The title was wrong. It was supposed to be: "Women aesthetically superior to men."

li0scc0
01-24-2011, 02:55 PM

The title was wrong. It was supposed to be: "Women aesthetically superior to men."

Well, if that is the title, then yes, I have learned more from watching Henin's 1hbh vs. most men's 1hbh.

eliza
01-24-2011, 03:25 PM
As I suspected.

Dude: I want to be nice, so leave it, and think what do you want.
To banter for fun is one thing, to discuss the alleged link between genetics and human behaviour (from a legal, or medical, or anthropological aspect) is another: it requires an intellectual depth that this forum does not allow.
Best,
Eliza

cknobman
01-24-2011, 04:09 PM
All this arguing for 8 pages and I think I just realized sureshs just mistyped the thread title!!!

I think he meant to say:

Women aesthetically superior to men.

I think most of us can agree with that!!

sureshs
01-24-2011, 04:11 PM
All this arguing for 8 pages and I think I just realized sureshs just mistyped the thread title!!!

I think he meant to say:

Women aesthetically superior to men.

I think most of us can agree with that!!

Great minds think alike. See post #140.

cknobman
01-24-2011, 04:14 PM
Great minds think alike. See post #140.

oops i should have read the thread a little more.

lol

BullDogTennis
01-24-2011, 08:26 PM

and women are more prone to breast cancer....so what?

Xemi666
01-25-2011, 02:27 AM
This whole thread is a masterclass attempt at trolling.

It works. :)

Yes, it was, I bow to your mastery of trolling suresh :twisted:

dandelion_smiley
01-25-2011, 02:33 AM
Wozniacki seems really athletic, right? Tell her to play Nadal, then

sureshs
01-25-2011, 06:07 AM
Wozniacki seems really athletic, right? Tell her to play Nadal, then

Nadal will claim bad knees and withdraw.

Gorecki
01-25-2011, 11:24 AM

oh no you did not do that...???

kairosntx
01-26-2011, 08:53 PM
Great thread... makes for entertaining reading.

mrmo1115
01-26-2011, 08:54 PM
Just reading the thread title made me laugh a bit.

nippurr
01-27-2011, 06:11 AM
Definitely in bed

nereis
01-27-2011, 09:38 AM
Well the only way to see if women are truly better in endurance sport is to have a massive coast to coast race of America! No pitstops no resting. Water and food only. Whoever is still alive at the end wins.

sureshs
01-27-2011, 09:42 AM
Well the only way to see if women are truly better in endurance sport is to have a massive coast to coast race of America! No pitstops no resting. Water and food only. Whoever is still alive at the end wins.

Women are much better at holding it in compared to men, who just need to pee at every chance.

nereis
01-27-2011, 10:00 AM
Women are much better at holding it in compared to men, who just need to pee at every chance.

I imagine everyone will just do what they need to do to win and urinate whilst running a race on national television.

CStennis11
01-27-2011, 10:02 AM
'extreme endurance' : Perhaps WTA should start making their entertainers...I mean players play for best of five sets at Grand Slam events. Equal pay for equal work, no?

http://images.forbes.com/media/2009/10/14/1014_most-powerful-stacey-allaster_400x280.jpg

I Agree with you!

r2473
08-28-2011, 09:20 AM
http://www.endurancemag.com/index.php/endurance-blog/wellness-women-are-better-athletes.html

This was a very serious topic in endurance running not too long ago. I could probably dredge up articles written in the 70's, 80's, and even 90's were it was very seriously thought that women would start posting faster marathon times than men.

http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1831398,00.html

tennis_fan_182
08-28-2011, 09:30 AM
I don't mind it if women are more athletically superior than me. That won't change my life

Lol yeh. People think that men get offended whenever there is a study claiming women to be better at certain things. We don't give a crap either way - or the people that do care are the wife-beaters and closet ****'s.

jokinla
08-28-2011, 09:30 AM
http://www.lostrepublic.us/Graphics/DoubleFacePalm.jpg

Exactly, lol.

jokinla
08-28-2011, 09:32 AM

LOLOLOLOLOL!!

TERRASTAR18
08-28-2011, 01:08 PM
I have read that black men are more prone to die of heart disease than any other group in the population.

what does that have to do with anything?

Tough Gut
08-28-2011, 01:26 PM

Who cares about hear disease. That doest have to do with athleticism.

rossi46
08-28-2011, 02:32 PM

How about dancing?

Pole dancing ??? How about being paid for sex, that must require some endurance.

TERRASTAR18
08-28-2011, 05:26 PM
i agree with the op, when you put it into context. when you take away the biological and societal advantages men have, women are better.

rossi46
08-28-2011, 06:02 PM

-----------
------------

Really, is that why women play best of 5 sets ????
Simon Barnes' boss must be a woman, he either wants a pay rise or is itching to stick it to her, what a soft #ock

Bhagi Katbamna
08-28-2011, 06:46 PM

Power Shopping.

PCXL-Fan
08-28-2011, 07:49 PM
The late and great austrian Dr. Van Pfeffernussgehirn III proved in the 70s that the entrenched patriarchal power structure has ingrained a behavior of physical subservience to such a degree in females across the world that they universally unconsciously underperform on physical activities and stamina endurance strength and speed tests as early as 2 years old.

The issue is that from such a young age females begin subconsciously sabotaging their own recreational habits, eating habits, and physical activity; and it quickly snowballs into underdeveloped physical developement.

In truth a women without such deep socially applied limitations would be stronger then men. [Watson, M. J., et al. (1999)]

I wrote my dissertation on this.

Datacipher
08-28-2011, 09:49 PM
In truth a women without such deep socially applied limitations would be stronger then men. [Watson, M. J., et al. (1999)]

Can you provide a reference for this paper?

Laver777
08-29-2011, 01:02 AM
you ever been to the gym? youd never say that otherwise... hahaha

Netzroller
08-29-2011, 04:48 AM
The late and great austrian Dr. Van Pfeffernussgehirn III proved in the 70s that the entrenched patriarchal power structure has ingrained a behavior of physical subservience to such a degree in females across the world that they universally unconsciously underperform on physical activities and stamina endurance strength and speed tests as early as 2 years old.

The issue is that from such a young age females begin subconsciously sabotaging their own recreational habits, eating habits, and physical activity; and it quickly snowballs into underdeveloped physical developement.

I wrote my dissertation on this.

Can you provide a reference for this paper?

Given that Dr. Van Pfeffernussgehirn III translates into Dr. Van pepper nut brain the third, I don't think one should take this post too serious.:wink:

Snaab
08-29-2011, 06:01 AM
The book "Born To Run" gets into the world of Ultramarathons (50, 100, and even 135 mile runs through Death Valley in summer no less). In one of the more grueling 100 mile events, a statistic is thrown out that approx. 90% of women entered complete the race, while only about 50% of the men do.
SO, what does this tell us?
Women have better endurance?
Women have a higher tolerance to pain?
Only well prepared women enter ultras, while plenty of men who underestimate the distance sign up?
All of the above?
None of the above?
Some of the above?
It should be noted that men generally win ultra races.
Anyways, I think the original flammatory remark probably had something to do with this female endurance factoid.

PSNELKE
08-29-2011, 06:04 AM
i agree with the op, when you put it into context. when you take away the biological and societal advantages men have, women are better.

Says, a woman, no? :lol:

ben123
08-29-2011, 09:54 AM
lol i had to laugh like 10minutes when i read this thread and the comments

ledwix
08-29-2011, 10:08 AM
Yeah. When you take away the fact that men are better athletically, then women are better athletically.

teAlexis
08-29-2011, 10:16 AM
When I was young, 18ish and lived at home, I beat everyone of my brother's friends at ping pong. These were athletic guys! :oops: Ho Hum

teAlexis
08-29-2011, 10:17 AM
When I was young, 18ish and lived at home, I beat everyone of my brother's friends at ping pong. These were athletic guys! :oops: Ho Hum

Forgot to say his friends were two years older than I was. So maybe I was 16.

MindoverMatter
08-29-2011, 10:22 AM
ping pong isnt exactly the peak of atheticism

and besides, you really cant use examples of "hey this one time these women beat these men in this competition!" that doesnt work for a scientific analysis.

if you took one man and one woman and had them train to their upmost limits of potential and then had them compete in a wide variety of competitions, who do you think would win? we're not being sexist here or anything, i really dont want to give off that vibe. but i would bet my money on the man

teAlexis
08-29-2011, 10:31 AM
I play tennis against my husband all the time. He almost always wins. He gives me nothing extra. I actually hit harder than he does. He's much more consistent.

sureshs
08-29-2011, 11:54 AM
Try playing with two watermelons strapped to your chest and see how well you do against women

FedExpress 333
08-29-2011, 12:00 PM
http://troll.me/images/trollem/i-guess-successful-troll-is-successful-when-a-bunch-of-idiots-debate-with-him.jpg

myalterego
08-29-2011, 12:03 PM
lol by no means a worthy argument sureshs. Women are not playing with "watermelons," and they wear sports bras to minimize movement of their boobs. Granted they add some weight, but to think that women are superior athletes to men is ridiculous. Men play 5 hour matches with high intensity yet the WTA can't even manage one set of quality tennis.

sureshs
08-29-2011, 12:53 PM
lol by no means a worthy argument sureshs. Women are not playing with "watermelons," and they wear sports bras to minimize movement of their boobs. Granted they add some weight, but to think that women are superior athletes to men is ridiculous. Men play 5 hour matches with high intensity yet the WTA can't even manage one set of quality tennis.

You mean like Djokovic in Cincinnati?

dominikk1985
08-29-2011, 01:12 PM

that is true. men also die earlier on average than women. there are some things that women can match men or maybe even beat but in most athletic departments men are better. all of them are basically related to strength. more strength means more speed, more racket speed, faster running and higher jumping.

this is even true for so called "womens sports" (figure skating, gymnastics...). women do have equal motors skills and usually more flexibility but still even in those sports men can use their strength to beat women.

Of course sports were invente for men to compete. I think the sports were women can beat the best men hasn't been invented yet. maybe you could invent one, but right now I can't think of one.

how would you construct a new sport to give women a chance?

myalterego
08-29-2011, 01:16 PM

In a match that ended by a medical issue, that is hardly a fair argument.

Power Player
08-29-2011, 01:17 PM
I love how Suresh gets offended sometimes when we call him a troll.

This is too easy though..seriously. A 10 year old boy could easily troll this area of the forum and probably has many many times.

sureshs
08-29-2011, 01:34 PM
how would you construct a new sport to give women a chance?

Let me get back to you on this

rommil
08-29-2011, 04:15 PM
Try playing with two watermelons strapped to your chest and see how well you do against women

Oh suresh, I am sure with your man boobs you didnt need watermelons.

LDVTennis
08-29-2011, 04:52 PM
Oh suresh, I am sure with your man boobs you didnt need watermelons.

Brilliant.

ledwix
08-29-2011, 05:02 PM

But men don't have two watermelons strapped to their chests. Your mention of this disadvantage in women is in itself an admission that women are physically disadvantaged, not athletically superior, and that this disadvantage is intrinsic to their genetic makeup.

jokinla
08-29-2011, 10:16 PM

A ridiculous comparison, show me one woman who has won all but two matches all year, and I'll show you a woman with balls, Renee Richards anyone.

jokinla
08-29-2011, 10:20 PM
The book "Born To Run" gets into the world of Ultramarathons (50, 100, and even 135 mile runs through Death Valley in summer no less). In one of the more grueling 100 mile events, a statistic is thrown out that approx. 90% of women entered complete the race, while only about 50% of the men do.
SO, what does this tell us?
Women have better endurance?
Women have a higher tolerance to pain?
Only well prepared women enter ultras, while plenty of men who underestimate the distance sign up?
All of the above?
None of the above?
Some of the above?
It should be noted that men generally win ultra races.
Anyways, I think the original flammatory remark probably had something to do with this female endurance factoid.

It tells us that men aren't stupid enough to run 100 miles, when they know a car ride chaifs a LOT less.

jokinla
08-29-2011, 10:21 PM
Yeah. When you take away the fact that men are better athletically, then women are better athletically.

Hilarious!

TERRASTAR18
08-30-2011, 03:24 PM
Says, a woman, no? :lol:

nope, i'm an intelligent man, care to refute my pst instead of trolling?

TERRASTAR18
08-30-2011, 03:27 PM
ping pong isnt exactly the peak of atheticism

and besides, you really cant use examples of "hey this one time these women beat these men in this competition!" that doesnt work for a scientific analysis.

if you took one man and one woman and had them train to their upmost limits of potential and then had them compete in a wide variety of competitions, who do you think would win? we're not being sexist here or anything, i really dont want to give off that vibe. but i would bet my money on the man

tHAT'S NOT A REAL SCIENTIFIC ANALYSIS......MEN HAVE ADVANTAGES THEY HAVE BEEN EVOLVED INTO THEM OVERTIME.

Limpinhitter
08-30-2011, 04:13 PM

You didn't! :shock: Seriously Sureshs, Selective Seratonin Re-uptake Inhibitor. You need it, bad!

Sentinel
08-30-2011, 08:13 PM

Other suggestions for sports that would be gender-neutral:

1. Producing babies
2. Breast-feeding babies

Feel free to add.

Biscuitmcgriddleson
08-30-2011, 08:26 PM

-----------
------------

Let me know when Henin faces Nadal's forehand consistently..... mmmm kay