PDA

View Full Version : Kids Tennis Games

billybob013
06-13-2005, 08:34 AM
I need some fun tennis games for like 8 year olds that have never played before. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

TwistServe
06-13-2005, 08:37 AM
Lots of kids like playing "baseball" tennis. Make up some baseball game rules, define where the homerun is, foul is, etc.. If a ball is caught than the player is out. Kids love it.

Jet Rink
06-13-2005, 08:50 AM
Wilson makes those great oversized, foam balls with the streamers (tailwind??). I start out with the little folks and hit back and forth - on the same side of the net. Our feet have to stay in the dubs alleys or it's "shark infested waters" in the middle. Sometimes we start out and hit with the palms of our hands, then go to racquets. Doesn't matter if they overhit or hit long - those puff balls don't go very far.

Then we play short court with the foam ball and see how many we can get back and forth - hence, setting "World Records" each time.

Another is called "Star Wars," whereby the kids have to hit two consecutive groundies into the singles court (and over the net). IF they do, they get back in line. IF not, they have to side step around the whole court without me/feeder, hitting them with a lightly-struck ball. They get to use their racquet (Light Saber) to protect themselves. For older kids, I'll place targets on the court and they've got to hit those. Then they have to hit them with specific shots (topspin, slice, lob, etc.).

Then we change it up and have them hit two volleys.

If a kid takes too much time to get around the court and the line finishes up before they're back in line, they have to shag.

Jet

Kaptain Karl
06-13-2005, 09:07 AM
I wanna play in Jet's group lessons!!!!

- KK

Tennis Psycho
06-13-2005, 11:18 AM
I used to play in al egue and know like 2-3 games that are really fun.

Sunshine: Kids get in line at the end of teh court. Thecoach gives them a ball and they have to hit it in the court and if they dont hit it in the court then they have to go to the opposite end and catch someone elese ball( on hte fly or 1 bounce, yur choice) If the person on the other side catches it they get to go to the other side again and hit the ball but th other person has to go to the other side. Last one standing wins!

King of the Court: Easy game. Singles or Doubles. You tell this person or 2 peopel are ht Kings of the court and they stand on one half and the challenger on the other. The challanger has to Wimn 3 pointsin a row to be Kings but if they dont, the next person or doubles team goes.You can say like last time for each team to get Kings or something.