PDA

View Full Version : Promotion of Tennis

aceindahole2K5
02-23-2004, 09:27 PM
how would you promote tennis matches in a high school......we need some fan support......

Phil
02-23-2004, 10:37 PM
Give all fans a couple free cans (no bottles; too painful when thrown) of the local brew; for those underage fans, a small bottle of Jack Daniels (and possibly an equally small can of Coke or Pepsi) will have to do. The local beverage distributors will appreciate the added exposure and advertising generated by such a premium promotion .

Let's be serious-NO ONE (other than girl/boy friends and the odd out of work parent or relative) wants to see a high school tennis match. I've seen a few-those held at the public courts where I played-and they were PAINFUL to the eyes. At my old alma mater the students were not interested in watching school tennis matches-that would have cut into valuable time that could be better used for S., D. & RR. These days, of course, I realize that there's Playstation...Better to just PLAY, and not worry about who may or may not be watching you.

jayserinos99
02-23-2004, 11:08 PM
Ace, it's gonna be tough. I tried the same thing in HS and only my friends showed up. For 10 minutes. Tennis doesn't get much pub at that level even if you win league. Grr.

aceindahole2K5
02-24-2004, 05:50 AM
hah yea its gonna be funny to try tho.....we've already distributed 750 valentines to the school body reading......'love means nothing in tennis, but to us your love is everything'........ friggin hillarious

@wright
02-24-2004, 06:30 AM
Hire some Hooters girls to be cheerleaders at your matches.

aceindahole2K5
02-24-2004, 01:38 PM
hooters is one of the funniest ideas ever.....just.... as a business venture.....whoever thought of having large chested women serve less than spectacular buffalo wings and burgers.......is an entrpenourial genius.....

cak
02-24-2004, 02:29 PM
I was wondering about that. I live near the high school, and often take walks in the afternoon. I thought about stopping and watching the tennis team for awhile, like I watch soccer or field hockey, but was worried it would bother the players to have spectators.

I remember back when I was in high school my dad would come and watch, wrap his fingers into the fence and yell "Yours!!! Yours!!!" Okay, he wasn't quite up on tennis ettiquette. At least he was a fan.

Max G.
02-24-2004, 03:26 PM
Watch HS tennis? Why on EARTH would anyone do that? Maybe one of the top teams in the area, maybe. But ye average HS team really isn't worth watching.

aceindahole2K5
02-24-2004, 03:53 PM
we are anything but average my friend.....

Steve Huff
02-24-2004, 04:09 PM
I thought Hooters started off as a modelling agency, and felt they could make a little extra money selling beer and food.

Nosoupforyou
02-24-2004, 10:22 PM
Drug them like the French father who was drugging his kid's opponents, then while they are unconscious drag them to the match