PDA

View Full Version : Sevastova using a Kneissl!!?

goldenyama
01-22-2011, 03:40 PM
Am I right? How cool is that?

Captain Haddock
01-22-2011, 04:16 PM
You're quick! Yes, it's a Kneissl and it makes a great swooshing sound through the air, doesn't it? It has the cosmetics of the White Star, but the head shape looks squarer on top, and the frame also seems to be extended, unless it's an optical illusion. Sevastova has a beautiful game and a really good slice backhand. Fun to watch.

vsbabolat
01-22-2011, 04:23 PM
http://www.kneissl.com/

forthegame
01-22-2011, 04:31 PM
Interesting racquet.

MikeVolkl123
01-23-2011, 06:11 PM
Looks a lot like the green toms machines for sale here on TW but in new paint. That Kneissl site did not have rackets listed there at all a few weeks ago, just skis and such, so i wonder if they are now selling thier latest versions of the Toms, Red and Black star rackets in the US? Not sure if this is the Austrian only site though, I use the greem Toms machine...very ol school feel to it.
Cheers

MikeVolkl123
01-23-2011, 06:25 PM
TOMS is a 95 sq in head, this White Star is a 98 in so no go...seems a total new frame that was never sold in the US. Oh well goooo Kneissl. They lost Melzer a few years ago and that was it for them.

mctennis
01-23-2011, 06:33 PM
The White Star is sold in the USA. TW just does not carry it though. It is GREAT that she is using a White Star. I saw her pic in the Odds and Ends post there with that racquet. I want to see her playing with that racquet. I'll have to look for her unless someone has a link to a video of her using that racquet. Kneissl makes GREAT racquets.

PeterFig
01-23-2011, 07:34 PM
What I love is the honesty of Kneissl ... their racquet weight specs on their website actually show a +/- margin of error on the weight of their frames.

Ex.. White Star:

weight [g] 300 / 5

I think Wilson (and others) should follow their example. Then you know what you are really getting.

li0scc0
01-24-2011, 06:13 AM
What I love is the honesty of Kneissl ... their racquet weight specs on their website actually show a +/- margin of error on the weight of their frames.

Ex.. White Star:

weight [g] 300 / 5

I think Wilson (and others) should follow their example. Then you know what you are really getting.

Unfortunately, Wilson would be +/- 15 grams!

MikeVolkl123
01-24-2011, 11:57 AM
The White Star is sold in the USA. TW just does not carry it though. It is GREAT that she is using a White Star. I saw her pic in the Odds and Ends post there with that racquet. I want to see her playing with that racquet. I'll have to look for her unless someone has a link to a video of her using that racquet. Kneissl makes GREAT racquets.

I cannot find a vendor or price for this racket other than one outside of the US...where is a US seller of the White Star newbie frame?

here is all I found
http://www.kneissl-shop.com/index.php?cPath=40

tapatio
01-25-2011, 06:13 AM
Try kneisslnorthamerica.com, they are not in their website, but you can give them a call. BTW the new white star is a great stick, but it was atad stiff for me.

MikeVolkl123
01-25-2011, 08:55 AM
Looking at their Austrian site the new white star equates to over 300 bucks USD. Not happening as the Toms Machine is 75 usd new on TW and is a very nice frame. Too bad they did not get a pro to use this greeeen machine.

MikeVolkl123
01-25-2011, 08:56 AM
??? You must have gotten from some place no?

tapatio
01-25-2011, 04:52 PM
??? You must have gotten from some place no?

I bought the white star through this forum, purchased a black star from kneissl, and contacted the northamerican website guys, he will answer your e-mail, but you can call them, it is much less through kneissl NA.

Tony Stark
01-25-2011, 05:12 PM
wish I could get one over here...

CrackerJack
01-26-2011, 04:05 AM
I have that racquet. Kneissl white star. Bought it from a pro shop here in Sydney Australia for pretty cheap $159 aud. Love the way it plays, loads of control and that special feel from the use of kevlar in its construction

mctennis
01-26-2011, 07:48 PM
Yes, tapatio is correct and that was where I was going to suggest. kneisslnorthamerica.com
Send them an email about wanting to buy one of their tennis racquets. Someone will contact you via email or actually call them and they will take a phone order. The tennis info does not show up on their site. The tennis end is very small business compared to their ski business.

MikeVolkl123
01-28-2011, 09:51 AM
Two Kneissl White Stars, but they have different graphics and cannot tell if they are Toms Machines or the different one Sevastova uses or not..

auburnlull
01-28-2011, 08:11 PM
The new Kneissl's will be distributed in the US this Spring according to this article:
http://blogs.tennis.com/the_pro_shop/2011/01/star-turn-kneissl-returns.html
Let's lobby for TW to carry them.

mctennis
01-29-2011, 09:29 AM
Two Kneissl White Stars, but they have different graphics and cannot tell if they are Toms Machines or the different one Sevastova uses or not..

These are the older ones NOT the current versions.

MikeVolkl123
01-31-2011, 10:22 AM
Hopefully they keep the prices in range, look forward to these new US bound models in April then. They should sign a prominent male player now.

MikeVolkl123
01-31-2011, 10:24 AM
These are the older ones NOT the current versions.

The older versions of the White Star, yes. They have kevlar tendons so not the TOMS MACHINE which is all graphite.