PDA

View Full Version : specifications of Henin, Verdasco, Schoorel and Clijsters

martin
01-24-2011, 02:32 AM
I modified my rackets and talked to the guy who customizes rackets for a lot of pros.
He gave me some interesting information and so for those who are interested and want to know what Henin is using Verdasco and Schoorel and Clijsters.

As you can see the swingweights are quite low(much lower than i expected) and Henin changed her specs completely since her comeback...

Here are the specs all unstrung:

Schoorel : 340 g / 31 b / 294 sw

Henin : 300 g / 32,8 b / 300 sw (used to be: 286 g / 35,8 b / 322 sw)

Verdasco : 330 g / 30,6 b / 285 sw

Clijsters: pure drive stock(didn''t change anything)

bertrevert
01-24-2011, 02:54 AM
So Henin went heavier? That seems to me weird in a comeback situation? You think with the muscles not as tight and toned as they were you'd want to go lighter?

My guess would be that the heavier static weight yet lighter SW would give her greater stability and resistant inertia (steadying her shots) while the lighter SW would enable her to meet the demands of matches when she isn't quite match-tough...

Wilander
01-24-2011, 04:08 AM
So Henin went heavier? That seems to me weird in a comeback situation? You think with the muscles not as tight and toned as they were you'd want to go lighter?

if the stats of the OP are right, the new henin-setup is easier to play.

larry10s
01-24-2011, 05:43 AM
I modified my rackets and talked to the guy who customizes rackets for a lot of pros.
He gave me some interesting information and so for those who are interested and want to know what Henin is using Verdasco and Schoorel and Clijsters.

As you can see the swingweights are quite low(much lower than i expected) and Henin changed her specs completely since her comeback...

i do not beleive verdascos specs are accurate
much too low a swingweight

richard71
01-24-2011, 06:37 AM

richard71
01-24-2011, 06:38 AM

martin
01-24-2011, 06:54 AM
i do not beleive verdascos specs are accurate
much too low a swingweight

Actually other sources on this messageboard will confirm Verdasco's swingweight of 285(unstrung that is) but indeed it's an incredible low swingweight and he also plays with a very low flex of 54!!!

Because the game is getting faster and faster the pros are more starting to play with lower swingweights as they need the extra time to react.

I always believed they needed the higher swingweights for heavy hitting but the technique of these guys are so good that they can play rackets with such ridiculous low swingweights.

bertrevert
01-24-2011, 11:01 AM
if the stats of the OP are right, the new henin-setup is easier to play.

You mean less head heavy than it was before?

bertrevert
01-24-2011, 11:09 AM
Actually other sources on this messageboard will confirm Verdasco's swingweight of 285(unstrung that is) but indeed it's an incredible low swingweight and he also plays with a very low flex of 54!!!

Because the game is getting faster and faster the pros are more starting to play with lower swingweights as they need the extra time to react.

I always believed they needed the higher swingweights for heavy hitting but the technique of these guys are so good that they can play rackets with such ridiculous low swingweights.

I think the game has perhaps slowed a little, after all the hard court surface and ball changes, heck they've even slowed the grass, and it is less an era of the big servers, less Richard Krajicek!

But if I understand you correctly the power and the accuracy of the groundstrokes is a muscled-up adrenaline-fueled fest.

You assume, and I prob agree, that lighter SW might hinder someone's developing technique while on the other hand it will help someone who already has good technique.

Is 54 considered low flex? Hang on are you quoting the stiffness level because if so then that would be the opposite?

Seth
01-24-2011, 11:43 AM
I thought Clijsters leaded up her Pure Drive. I believe she's switched to the actual GT, but someone posted a picture one time where you could see lead through the holes in the Pure Drive headguard. But I'm no expert.

martin
01-26-2011, 07:53 AM
It's probably the elbow why Henin changed her specs.
Unfortunately it didn't help.

(K)evin
04-11-2011, 09:49 AM

So does Henin have a depolarized setup or a polarized set up?

Power Player
04-11-2011, 10:05 AM
One thing I noticed about higher SWs is that it is a little tougher to take power off the shot. If you are a pro, this is probably not an issue since you will learn your racquet over thousands of hours of drilling, but for a rec or college player, I think there is something to be said for lower swingweights. As long as the racquet is heavy enough for you, you should still be able to bludgeon the ball, and you will be able to place it better as well.

I used to like SWs in the 330s, but I am realizing why the lower ones in teens to 320 are still there in a lot of player's racquets.