PDA

View Full Version : Who is this player in the footage of Tennis Hall of Fame TV commercial?

New Daddy
01-26-2011, 06:10 AM
Tennis Hall of Fame runs TV commercials that feature Jimmy Connors and Jim Courier. The Connors and Courier versions are virtually identical. They recite "Tennis Hall of Fame. It's all about the game, the history, and the legends." while footages of the legends, past and present, are shown.

My question is, who is the last player seen in the footage? He wore blue and white stripe shirt, and hit a tweener from the ad-side back court. I haven't seen a player that hits tweeners as well as Federer, but this player, while not Federer, hits a tweener in good form.

Anyone?

Dedans Penthouse
01-26-2011, 10:00 AM
A young Mark Philippoussis?

Fate Archer
12-04-2011, 12:22 AM
Was doing a search in the forums and accidentally found this thread. Don't know what footage the op is talking about, maybe some tennis channel commercial, but I can attest because I've seen it live that Mark Phillippoussis INDEED hits one of the best tweeners I ever seen.

Never had the joy of seeing Federer hitting tweeners live, but the one I saw Mark hitting on the local Tour of Champions event I attended (against Cedric Pioline if I'm recaling right) was totally out of this world.

Timing was perfect, 30-0 serving for the set, and he even 'faked' like two times that he was hitting the shot while running down a deep lob before he hit it with great pace to the other side baseline.

Unreal stuff. If memory is not failing me I think he hit an ace to close out the match after.