PDA

View Full Version : Nike RF....Life after Federer?

Cooper_Tecnifibre4
01-26-2011, 06:39 PM
Hey TT.

Just wondering if RF polos, Vapors and other various RF products will continue production after Fed retires?

The line doesn't necessarily have to have the RF initials on it, But will they keep the same RF polo molds (I cant think of another word for clothes shape).

Any thoughts......

Babolast
01-26-2011, 06:40 PM
Yes, much like Jordan Brand.

Cooper_Tecnifibre4
01-26-2011, 06:41 PM
Cheers mate.

That's great news.
So they will keep making awesome RF polo colourways I presume.

BukShy
01-26-2011, 07:01 PM
they should :D the rf polos are much more in style than the rafa's

Big_Dangerous
01-26-2011, 10:52 PM
Hey TT.

Just wondering if RF polos, Vapors and other various RF products will continue production after Fed retires?

The line doesn't necessarily have to have the RF initials on it, But will they keep the same RF polo molds (I cant think of another word for clothes shape).

Any thoughts......

It won't be for a couple year minimum though, and who knows maybe he'll play for another couple years after that as well.

King_roger
01-27-2011, 04:30 AM
GD.... Grigor Dimitrov lol
:lol:

*breaksracquet
01-27-2011, 04:34 AM

Agreed......

bezs
01-27-2011, 04:37 AM
Don't bother coming up with new stuff they should re-release some of his great old outfits

forthegame
01-27-2011, 05:39 AM
What would be cool would be if they released a whole new line with an iconic silhouette of him instead of RF. Like Mike Jordan's.

I would buy that!

justacityboy
01-27-2011, 06:03 AM
they could also take another cue from Jordan Brand and retro old federer shoes. Jordan Brand has made some really cool retro versions of the original Air Jordans, some are exact colorway recreations while others have a few newer updates that look really cool (e.g. cool grey 11's)

Cooper_Tecnifibre4
01-27-2011, 03:29 PM
Don't bother coming up with new stuff they should re-release some of his great old outfits

Re-realease the Vapor 6 and 5, Some of his many famous polos.
Nike could gain a hella alot of money for a swift move like that.

Yes i would like to know if they will continue the Six-One-Tour line of racquets?

mtommer
01-27-2011, 04:08 PM

The RF brand is nowhere near that of the Jordan brand. I wouldn't be surprised if just one year of Jordan shoes has grossed more than the entire run of all RF branded merchandise. 'Course, that be all spek-u-lay-she-on! :D

Anyway, I don't really see the RF brand continuing after Roger retires unless he sticks around in the senior circuit except for one possible exception, there is no one else getting noticeable press on the Tour circuit.

Admerr
01-27-2011, 04:22 PM
The RF brand is no where near the Jordan brand. I wouldn't be surprised if just one year of Jordan shoes has outsold the entire sales of all RF branded merchandise. 'Course, that be all spek-u-lay-she-on! :D

Anyway, I don't really see the RF brand continuing after Roger retires unless he sticks around in the senior circuit with one exception - there is no one else getting noticable press on the Tour circuit.

This.

Nike will obviously continue making polo style shirts for the tennis line. They have been doing it for years before Federer came along.

As for the the RF logo- It will probably be retired along with Roger himself. I highly doubt that sales will stay consistent after he has called it quits. The Jordan brand is just an entirely different animal. The Jordan-Nike relationship was one of freakish proportions in relation to how it affected athletic endorsements of all sports. It's not going to be rivaled in our lifetime.

lidoazndiabloboi
01-27-2011, 05:59 PM
they would probably go back to just having regular outfits without the RF like in 07 and before.

MaxNo3
01-28-2011, 11:17 AM
they have Rafa :) RF is OUT :)

Cooper_Tecnifibre4
01-29-2011, 04:06 AM
they have Rafa :) RF is OUT :)

Hmmm yes, And Rafa is OUT of the Aussie open.

El Diablo
01-29-2011, 04:57 AM
If you examine the RF logo you see it was deliberately designed to be spare and incomplete so that it could be easily modified. My source at Nike tells me that after Fed retires they feel that with a little additional embroidery they can modify whatever inventory is left over into "KF" and sell them to women as Kirsten Flipkens hats.

MaxNo3
01-29-2011, 11:13 PM
Hmmm yes, And Rafa is OUT of the Aussie open.

Hmmm yes, Rafa is out of AO, but Fed is OUT of career :):)

Cooper_Tecnifibre4
01-30-2011, 12:13 AM

Hmmm yes, And you are OUT of good jokes.

I keed I keed.

Rhino
01-30-2011, 12:21 AM

Really? The world #2 who's won 5 out of his last 9 tournaments has no career?

What does that say about the rest of the players careers?

the mania
01-30-2011, 12:52 AM
Wish Jordan would make some tennis shoes, those would be epic and knock the rf brand off the shelves. Imagine air Jordan tennis shoes, so long rf and bull logos

MaxNo3
01-30-2011, 03:24 AM
Really? The world #2 who's won 5 out of his last 9 tournaments has no career?

What does that say about the rest of the players careers?

And last 4 GS - 0 Win + 0 final :D:lol:

Cooper_Tecnifibre4
01-30-2011, 04:02 AM
And last 4 GS - 0 Win + 0 final :D:lol:

I know how terrible. He has only made it to the GS finals.

How hard can it be to win one, Jeez. :-|

'SARCASM INTENDED' for all the 'slow' people

baseline_monster
01-30-2011, 12:28 PM
Not a chance they will take of big style. I wouldnt ware another players logo if I was a pro

Badger
02-01-2011, 03:05 PM
Maybe when he retires he will have a broader role as a Nike representative throughout different sports and RF lines will branch into other sports? Like a general RF line that produces clothing for many sports. Just a thought. Unlikely though.

accidental
02-01-2011, 03:46 PM
Isnt there a MacEnroe line? I cant see the RF line completely disappearing, but after a while they will probably just release special edition shirts or shoes or whatever every now and then the way Fila does with Borg