PDA

View Full Version : Request for Tennis Balls

meowmix
01-27-2011, 02:12 PM
Hey!

I'm a current student at Dartmouth, and one of our annual traditions is that during the Dartmouth-Princeton hockey game, every student throws tennis balls onto the rink. Only problem is, this isn't "officially" supported, so our class council can't go around to the tennis team and request their used balls.

Thus, I am asking you. Do any of you run/coach at a relatively large tennis place and go through a large number of balls? Would you be willing to ship to me around 5-600 used tennis balls (dead as possible)? I am willing to pay for shipping.

Please email me at meowmix0669@gmail.com.

GetBetterer
01-27-2011, 04:25 PM
Throw hockey pucks
Film it
Post the lol

El Diablo
01-27-2011, 06:36 PM
How much fun can such idiocy be if everyone expects it? Go Detroit Red Wing on them and toss an octopus.

meowmix
01-27-2011, 08:43 PM
It's tradition. For example, everybody expects that freshmen will rush the field in the Dartmouth-Harvard homecoming game. But it's still fun to see who actually has the balls to do it.

With this, admin is doing their best to discourage the freshman class council from making this happen. Naturally... we're encouraged. However, we just have to procure the balls...

So again, if anybody has a few hundred dead tennis balls, we'd really appreciate them.

El Diablo
01-28-2011, 07:43 AM
It used to be tradition there to admit almost no asians or blacks. Tradition means don't think for yourself. You're in college now, time to make your own decisions. Show those WASPS something by throwing a baked ham and a jar of mayonnaise on the ice.

sureshs
01-28-2011, 08:24 AM
I prefer traditions like female students streaking around campus. This one doesn't sound too exciting.

jswinf
01-29-2011, 09:55 AM
^^^Yeah, they don't need balls, used or otherwise.

mtommer
01-29-2011, 10:45 AM
You're going about this the wrong way Meowmix. Let everyone buy a new can of balls on their own. Go up to the arena staff and offer to take away all the balls after everyone throws them in. Voila, you're set for balls for awhile. :D