PDA

View Full Version : Intresting Tennis Article I Read

redtennis55
06-14-2005, 12:06 PM
I read this article:
http://www.arete-sports.com/pdf%27s/PMManual.pdf

I was wondering does it work? I have not been able to try it. If it does work how much would it enhance your play? Please post any comments you have.

tom-selleck
06-14-2005, 12:34 PM
can you summarize the article with 4-5 bullet points?? then i might read it.

but it looked long and like tough slogging.......

was it "really focus on the ball"? which i think works well but takes some getting used to (i.e. need to make sure you are still accelerating thru the ball).

Grimjack
06-14-2005, 12:46 PM
can you summarize the article with 4-5 bullet points?? then i might read it.

but it looked long and like tough slogging.......

No, no. It's really quite simple. Here, let my extract a quote to show you how this article can make tennis easy as 1-2-3...

The VCM dynamics of your Serial Mode are causal to your Normal Performance State, while the VCM dynamics of your Parallel Mode are causal to your Peak Performance State.

I really don't see what all the complaining is about. Just get out on the court and put that into action. Report back on your progress.

Geezer Guy
06-14-2005, 01:34 PM
This article should be posted in the "HOW DO I GET TO SLEEP ON A HOT EVENING" thread.

Grimjack
06-14-2005, 01:42 PM
This article should be posted in the "HOW DO I GET TO SLEEP ON A HOT EVENING" thread.

The amazing thing is that while the quote from above is an honest to God, word for word reproduction from the article, if you scroll down a little, you see a cartoon scuba diver saying, "let's go deeper!"

Who the hell is the target audience, here? They're trying to appeal to both the pseudo-intellectual psycho babbler AND the Scooby Doo set, and in doing it, they reach nobody. Tragic. Hope they wrote it in-house, and didn't contract somebody to put that together. Or if they did hire it out, I hope they had a coupon.

redtennis55
06-14-2005, 06:06 PM
the article is about a theory of how to get "in the zone" consistently. It talks about trying to watch the ball for a moment, to get an idea of where its going and spin, then to focus on your contact zone. It basically has lessons/drills to get you in the zone. I tried a little (for like 5minutes) but did not really see results.

divito
06-14-2005, 10:12 PM
It does logically make sense. I had thought of similar things before, but was never serious about it and never really tried it. I'll probably try some of these drills next time I'm on the court. If anything, I think it'll just be a placebo type thing for your game.