PDA

View Full Version : Djokovic custom insoles

mpournaras
01-30-2011, 02:17 AM
I saw when he was taking his shoes off to throw them into the crowd. THey were orange and black insoles. anyone know what they are?

I will post pictures soon.

ferrytran
01-30-2011, 02:58 AM
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/catpage-FITNESS.html

might be one of those on that page. i have the Spenco Polysorb Cross Trainer Insoles. any of these insoles in my opinion would be better then the insole that comes with any shoe. i would reccomended. funny he kept the insoles tho and gave away the shoe. haha

kairosntx
01-30-2011, 03:12 AM
I would bet they aren't an off the shelf product but custom fit orthotics.

ferrytran
01-30-2011, 11:28 AM
yea i would agree, if they were custom, then its worth keeping.

kevoT
01-30-2011, 11:32 AM
Probs insoles he got from his chiropractic, I've got some but, they're green.

mctennis
01-30-2011, 11:37 AM
I would think all the pros use custom orthotics not something they get off the shelf. That's their job equipment. My custom orthotics are orange and dark blue/black color and I didn't pick them up at WalMart for $10. Mine were $350. And please don't tell me you got yours for $99 and that they are the same thing. They aren't. I've tried the $99 ones and they are not the same quality or fit as the ones I am using now. They need to be fitted and adjusted by a professional not just putting your feet in a box of soft styrofoam.

nn
01-30-2011, 11:39 AM
here is the pics of custom insoles

http://sports.yahoo.com/tennis/photo?slug=ap-17e22168adfe4f45b7dff763f8f7959f#photoViewer=urn%3 Anewsml%3Asports.yahoo%2Cap%3A20050301%3Aten%2Cpho to%2Cap-0469c1a04f394b79a4744a591a70a3ad%3A1

nn
01-30-2011, 11:40 AM
it will be custom insoles for sure as all the top pros have one

Fedace
01-30-2011, 11:42 AM
I am sure it is $400-500 custom insoles. I have one and cost me $400. You step on this mushy clay like box and sent it to the company and they make a insole exactly matching your foot that gives you support in all the right places in about 2 weeks.
What's the Big deal ???????????????? HUGE deal. It will prevent and correct any kind of foot injury. It cured my Plantar fascitis.

mpournaras
01-30-2011, 11:43 AM
here is the pics of custom insoles

http://sports.yahoo.com/tennis/photo?slug=ap-17e22168adfe4f45b7dff763f8f7959f#photoViewer=urn%3 Anewsml%3Asports.yahoo%2Cap%3A20050301%3Aten%2Cpho to%2Cap-0469c1a04f394b79a4744a591a70a3ad%3A1

yeah thats them. nice find.

safe
01-30-2011, 12:50 PM
I am sure it is $400-500 custom insoles. I have one and cost me $400. You step on this mushy clay like box and sent it to the company and they make a insole exactly matching your foot that gives you support in all the right places in about 2 weeks.
What's the Big deal ???????????????? HUGE deal. It will prevent and correct any kind of foot injury. It cured my Plantar fascitis.

400-500 $ woooow. This is a lot for insoles.I was thinking to call to one company but I will continued with stock insoles of shoes :)

jwilson
01-30-2011, 02:11 PM
Whatever they were, he definitly wasn't getting rid of them.:)

Doublebounce
01-30-2011, 02:15 PM
I get my insoles from Foot solutions

Terre Battu
01-30-2011, 05:16 PM

Yup, best $400 I've ever spent! Cured all my foot pains.

Lokius
01-30-2011, 06:51 PM
Did you guy just go through a foot doctor for your custom orthodics?

Jfolks259
01-30-2011, 07:01 PM
loved how when asked about the insoles, djokovic said "yeah thats why i move so well" :)

tacoben
01-30-2011, 07:36 PM
400-500 $ woooow. This is a lot for insoles.I was thinking to call to one company but I will continued with stock insoles of shoes :)

My daughter has over pronated feet and had to get customed made orthodics to continue with her tennis. They went for over $500...no joke (custom foam molded)! She has to get new ones made every year and a half till her feet size max out. It is a good thing that my insurance covers it (I only pay the deductible). When Djokovic took out his orthodics, it was because the value were much more than his Addidas Barricades.

Larrysümmers
01-30-2011, 07:39 PM
dang, i am so glad that the cheap wallgreens ones helped with my flat feet lol

Fedace
01-30-2011, 07:49 PM

If that is too much then go with Online purchase without seeing the doctor. They were running this commercial during Aussie open this week. You send in foot mold using thier Custom foot mold. It actually looked just like what i did at the doctor's office.
ONly thing is this is much cheaper like 3 payments of $50 or so. which comes out to only ~$150. I would give them a call. Looks like same stuff i got from my Doc.

mctennis
01-30-2011, 08:35 PM
If that is too much then go with Online purchase without seeing the doctor. They were running this commercial during Aussie open this week. You send in foot mold using thier Custom foot mold. It actually looked just like what i did at the doctor's office.
ONly thing is this is much cheaper like 3 payments of $50 or so. which comes out to only ~$150. I would give them a call. Looks like same stuff i got from my Doc.

Trouble with this is that there is no one to take a look at them on your feet and make any corrections or adjustments. So whatever THEY think you need is what you get. You may think, "No big deal. They fit great". What you think and what a professional that is trained to look for is something entirely different. The person I use made three adjustments to them and I thought before they felt great. After he made the adjustments and added more material to a couple of other areas they felt even better. Plus I go in every three to six months after I get them and he takes a look at them again and makes adjustments. He didn't like the way they were fitting after three months and he ordered me another pair FOR FREE. Again, at that time I thought they felt great. He said if I continued to use them they'd wear thin in one area and then it would make me have some foot pain. I'm sure you're not getting that type of service with a company that just ships you two boxes of foam to put your feet in. I know they don't because I tried them once. I wasn't impressed with the quality of them. After about 6 months I noticed they were more compressed than I thought they should have been. I use a pair in my fire boots and the ones I get professionally done last me a couple of years. The ones I got cheaper ( boxes of foam from a company for $100) lasted 3 months. Of course, milage may vary. To each their own. I just think perhaps there are things you can go cheaper on but my feet are not one of them.

Fedace
01-30-2011, 08:47 PM
^^^My doctor only made 1 adjustment and it wasn't a big one. I just wanted the orthotic to be little longer because my Yonex shoe was little long. and this is one i paid $400

mctennis
01-30-2011, 09:02 PM
At times what I got from the orthotic store didn't need adjustments but I still went back after 6 weeks to 12 weeks to make sure they didn't need any adjustments. It's good to have a trained set of eyes looking at what is and what should be. It's an expense I'm willing to spend to keep my feet from hurting and getting worse later on. An ounce of prevention type thing for me. I don't want to be hobbling around when I get older because of bad feet.

safe
01-31-2011, 01:03 AM
Fedace, thanks a lot for info :)

kevoT
01-31-2011, 05:53 AM
Fedace, thanks a lot for info :)

Just don't listen to his other posts ;) My ones didn't cost as much, though - about $90 USD.

safe
01-31-2011, 06:47 AM
Can someone tell me about the insoles where TW sale ?? Are they good??

stingyoyo
01-31-2011, 01:29 PM
hi guys i hapen to know Tamir kfir the man who makes the insoles for djokovic, ernest gulbis, and many other top sports professionals in other sports like basketball he makes to all top teams in europe and socer to. personally i use his insoles and they are in a diffrent league. have a look: http://tamirkfir.co.il/EN/about.htm

pound cat
01-31-2011, 01:54 PM
They are NOT insoles. They are orthotics and are custom made for a person's feet. . The cost? between $300-400, and a professional sportsman would have only ones made for his feet.

Start saving your money, guys,

mctennis
01-31-2011, 02:09 PM
Sometimes it just doesn't pay to try and explain things. What they want $$$$$$$ , what they want to pay for that $. Buy whatever you want guys. My explaining days are over with. Period. Mess your feet up with cheap products. See how much those cheap products really cost you in the long run. The most expensive product is the cheap one. You're constantly replacing that with another cheap product over and over again. Have at it!!

stingyoyo
01-31-2011, 11:21 PM
sure Tamir kfir makes to all athletes orthotics custem made insoles to each person's feet. thats the only way to go.

Tennis_Monk
02-01-2011, 05:45 AM
Sometimes it just doesn't pay to try and explain things. What they want $$$$$$$ , what they want to pay for that $. Buy whatever you want guys. My explaining days are over with. Period. Mess your feet up with cheap products. See how much those cheap products really cost you in the long run. The most expensive product is the cheap one. You're constantly replacing that with another cheap product over and over again. Have at it!!

Expensive product doesnt always mean GOOD quality.

ronin
02-01-2011, 06:49 AM
sure Tamir kfir makes to all athletes orthotics custem made insoles to each person's feet. thats the only way to go.

you right about that. it's a custom made for him in Israel.
check this : http://tamirkfir.co.il/EN/

mctennis
02-01-2011, 07:02 AM
Expensive product doesnt always mean GOOD quality.

If you look at the $99 pair and the $300 pair you will definitely see the quality difference. The reinforcement difference where the professional fitted one is and the regular self-service one isn't. Simple fact. Some items it doesn't matter and the expense isn't worth the difference but with CUSTOM PROFESSIONALLY fitted ones there is a huge difference. Sorry that's the the facts and you can fool yourself to think there isn't any difference. There is for 95%+ of the people using the truly custom fitted ones. If you are buying from TV infomercial 80% of the price of the product is for the advertising of that product. Again, have at it. Buy cheap with your wallet and your feet will suffer. Period, end of story!!

tacoben
02-01-2011, 07:12 AM
If you look at the $99 pair and the $300 pair you will definitely see the quality difference. The reinforcement difference where the professional fitted one is and the regular self-service one isn't. Simple fact. Some items it doesn't matter and the expense isn't worth the difference but with CUSTOM PROFESSIONALLY fitted ones there is a huge difference. Sorry that's the the facts and you can fool yourself to think there isn't any difference. There is for 95%+ of the people using the truly custom fitted ones. If you are buying from TV infomercial 80% of the price of the product is for the advertising of that product. Again, have at it. Buy cheap with your wallet and your feet will suffer. Period, end of story!!

I agree, spend a bit more for the high end custom made orthotics....your feet and the rest of your body will benefit! If your feet are out of alignment, then the rest will follow with problems in your knees, hips, back, neck, etc. As I stated, if you can go to a foot doctor, you may just pay the deductible if you have good insurance.

Don't Let It Bounce
02-03-2011, 08:16 AM
hi guys i hapen to know Tamir kfir the man who makes the insoles for djokovic, ernest gulbis, and many other top sports professionals in other sports like basketball he makes to all top teams in europe and socer to. personally i use his insoles and they are in a diffrent league. have a look: http://tamirkfir.co.il/EN/about.htmStingyoyo, how much does Mr. Kfir charge for custom tennis orthotics? And did he build your insole from an imprint of your foot that you sent him?

Expired
02-03-2011, 09:45 AM
I agree, spend a bit more for the high end custom made orthotics....your feet and the rest of your body will benefit! If your feet are out of alignment, then the rest will follow with problems in your knees, hips, back, neck, etc. As I stated, if you can go to a foot doctor, you may just pay the deductible if you have good insurance.
How would I know if my insurance will cover this?

southpaw101
02-03-2011, 05:01 PM
I have to tell you I have had the foam box orthotics that cost a crap ton. And they stink. Reason being is the fact the you are stepping into a foam box and its recording your foot for the position is in so its not going to put you in a neutral position. The way my physical therapist does mine, is he has me lying down and paper machee (dont know how to spell that exactly) so it creates a mold of my whole foot. While drying he places my feet so my arches/ foot are in the neutral position.

mctennis
02-03-2011, 05:29 PM
[QUOTE=Expired;5396680]How would I know if my insurance will cover this?[/QUOTE
You can call your insurance company and ask them. You may need a prescription from your family physician or need a referral to the physician doing the orthotic fitting. A diagnosis is needed to show why you need them NOT just that you want them. You have to have a medical condition that will be improved by having the orthotics.

Maroon_Tenniskid
02-03-2011, 08:31 PM
I had plantar fasciitis and I cured it using some $40 archmolds, you put them in the oven, stick them in ur shooz and then they "mold" to your feet! They are sooo cool!!!!!!!

stingyoyo
02-04-2011, 06:34 AM
don't let it bounce, Tamir kfiri's are only custom made from imprints he has taken personaly, spoken to you and seen you walking and running. after that he can builed the insole with specific needs of your feet and the sport that you practice. its a boutique insole company that makes insoles for the top athlets of every sport field internationly. the price of his insoles runs between 500-750$. check his website and if you whant more info about his vists in the usa, you can contact me : yoniwiland@gmail.com

Fedace
02-04-2011, 06:46 AM
don't let it bounce, Tamir kfiri's are only custom made from imprints he has taken personaly, spoken to you and seen you walking and running. after that he can builed the insole with specific needs of your feet and the sport that you practice. its a boutique insole company that makes insoles for the top athlets of every sport field internationly. the price of his insoles runs between 500-750$. check his website and if you whant more info about his vists in the usa, you can contact me : yoniwiland@gmail.com

I find this really weird but when i go to different shoes but using the same custom insoles,,,,my foot pain came back a little bit. I thought once you have the Custom insoles,,,,it doesn't matter which shoes you wear ????????? I was doing fine with Yonex shoes then when i changed to Nike 2K10 shoe, foot pain came back somewhat,, what's up with that ???

stingyoyo
02-04-2011, 09:31 AM
every shoe has diffrent shape angle and hight. so if there is pain after u switch shoes you need to go to the person who made yoy the insoles and adjust them again. thats how we work in our tennis club with tamir kfir. good luck.

Ronaldo
02-04-2011, 10:01 AM
Make sure you request sport orthotics. Received an 80/20 mix of Graphite/Kevlar in my last pair which just cracked. May request a 50/50 mix of graphite/fibreglass with the next pair to soften up the feel. Dumped the sythetic spenco top for leather for more tactile feel.

Don't Let It Bounce
02-04-2011, 12:14 PM
^^^ Thanks for the info, Stingyoyo.

I have to tell you I have had the foam box orthotics that cost a crap ton. And they stink. Reason being is the fact the you are stepping into a foam box and its recording your foot for the position is in so its not going to put you in a neutral position. The way my physical therapist does mine, is he has me lying down and paper machee (dont know how to spell that exactly) so it creates a mold of my whole foot. While drying he places my feet so my arches/ foot are in the neutral position.Inspired by this thread (and recurring foot/ankle/knee/back problems), I went looking at orthotics sites. The more professional-seeming ones included detailed instructions and/or video on making a proper mold, and it seemed important to be sitting and have someone else press down on your feet – presumably so any incorrect movement patterns wouldn't become part of the mold from standing or pushing down yourself. Southpaw, in the ones you had that stunk, was it as these sites suggest, or did you actively make the mold with your own weight or movement?

Fedace
02-05-2011, 04:17 PM
every shoe has diffrent shape angle and hight. so if there is pain after u switch shoes you need to go to the person who made yoy the insoles and adjust them again. thats how we work in our tennis club with tamir kfir. good luck.

Adjust them how ?? When i got this orthotic from my Podiatrist, he never even looked at my shoes. He just made a MOLD of my foot and made the sport orthotic according to the mold and NO adjustment based on my shoe. Except he made it little longer since my Yonex shoe tend to run little longer than true size. So if i show him the NIKE shoes then he won't know what to do.

2handsbothsides
02-05-2011, 06:18 PM
I have tried custom orthotics and they were adjusted for my feet. Nothing works as well as Powerstep insoles in my opinion. The more cushioned Pinnacle for my tennis shoes and the original for my running shoes. I have very flat feet so molding a custom orthotic to my foot still is too flat. Those Powersteps have the ideal foot shape and tremendous support. Give them a good try to at least see if they work. I have them in all my shoes including my dress shoes. Found them as they really got the best reviews online.

Fedace
02-05-2011, 06:26 PM
I have tried custom orthotics and they were adjusted for my feet. Nothing works as well as Powerstep insoles in my opinion. The more cushioned Pinnacle for my tennis shoes and the original for my running shoes. I have very flat feet so molding a custom orthotic to my foot still is too flat. Those Powersteps have the ideal foot shape and tremendous support. Give them a good try to at least see if they work. I have them in all my shoes including my dress shoes. Found them as they really got the best reviews online.

Powerstep is the 1st thing my doctor gave me. It helped a little but nothing like the Custom Molded insole. It felt like Molded insole had Less arch support in the beginning and i had doubts. but it is 300% better than the pinnacle by Powerstep. It is strange i know but there is nothing better than custom made insole made to exact mold of your feet.

stingyoyo
02-05-2011, 10:23 PM
fedace, if you go to professional in custom made inoles then he must adjust it to your feet and shoe. thats how the pro's of any sport work and thats ho every one who cares about his feet should do. you can contact me on my mail and ill try to let you know when Tamir Kfir is in the usa for a visit in some big tennis centers and clubs (john mcenroe tennis center ny) in the country. he is going to present his patent insoles and his work with the pro's. he will all so make some imprints and insoles for top playres coaches and people that are intrested to try it. my mail: yoniwiland@gmail.com