PDA

View Full Version : learning to play red clay

moosryan
06-14-2005, 01:26 PM
I'm going to europe for amonth on next thursday to play tennis for a month :-) . I'm primarily a hard court player. Can you guys give me some tips or links...I don't know much...sliding i'm pretty poor at...my dropshots aren't too good. Any pointers for this style of play would be appreciated.

I'm a 4.5 all courter. thanks
Sam.

Kaptain Karl
06-14-2005, 02:01 PM
I used to play clay a lot -- but never European. When my footwork on hard courts gets sloppy, I untie my shoes. (Really!)

The way you have to move on hard courts (and keep your untied shoes on) mimics the needed footwork on clay. Lots of smaller steps.

Can't help you with the sliding. That's something you'll just have to experience. Have fun with it....

- KK

gifted_shotmaker
06-14-2005, 05:13 PM
Preparing for Clay (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=52381)

hope this gives you a bit more help :)

krnboijunsung
06-14-2005, 07:48 PM
You should practice sliding on ice. Just cover your bathroom floor with a light amount of water and put your temp on real low to freeze it. Slide away and you'll be good on clay.

nViATi
06-14-2005, 07:57 PM
You should practice sliding on ice. Just cover your bathroom floor with a light amount of water and put your temp on real low to freeze it. Slide away and you'll be good on clay.
lol that's crazy.
wouldn't that damage your floor?
and i think you have to live in a REALLY cold place for water to freeze if you turn off your heater.

moosryan
06-15-2005, 06:20 AM
haha i was learning how to take shorter step yesterday and speed up to slide into the ball