PDA

View Full Version : Nick Bolliterri forehand on TTC

TwistServe
06-14-2005, 05:41 PM
Just saw nick's forehand video volume2 on the tennis channel today.. The guy's quite a character. I think they spend too much time being clowns than teaching tennis. I can see how he inspires players though..

One thing though.. does nick still have a killer forehand.

Phil Daddario
06-14-2005, 05:54 PM
I've got two articles on it on tennisplayer.net. :D I'm going to get the tennis channel soon.

The charisma the guy's got is amazing. I'm really tempted to fly out to Florida and get the private lessons with him. The inspiration is the most essential (and generally missed out on part) of teaching tennis, especially juniors.

I've seen videos where he's speaking on TV, and Kournikova just comes out of nowhere, gives him a hug, and says something to the extent of "it's great to see you!". He takes a break from talking, hugs her, and immediately says laughingly to the camera that when she was nine, she just ran out on the court and said "Hi!".

You HAVE to love that character. :) Makes it a lot easier to actually stand watching the video, too. I guess it's why all the pro players keep coming back, and calling him on the phone everywhere.

As for the killer forehand, do you mean does Nick himself have it? I'm not quite sure. He's certainly very good at teaching it, and knows exactly what's going on, even while he's joking about it.