PDA

View Full Version : good racquet for muscle ballers

joesixtoe
06-14-2005, 06:32 PM
i would like to know what kind of racquet is good for a guy like me who muscles the ball when he hits. what i mean is, my arm tenses up, and i have to do this in order to produce speed on my swing. i had this problem with basketball as well, i was a great dribbler, but the speed of my dribbles came from muscling the dribble, rather than the smoothnes of it. i use a LM radical, and the only way i can get the ball in, is if i use a western grip, and it works fine, my game is comming along great(thank God), but i also used this other guy's racquet who's is an old 80's graphite type racquet, and with that racquet i can hit flatter balls, much much much more consistant. so i thought about trying to buy an old racquet. why do you think?

D-man
06-14-2005, 06:37 PM
Maybe a Pro Staff 6.1.

Phil Daddario
06-14-2005, 06:40 PM
Flatter is normally LESS consistent. The purpose of topspin is to keep consistent strokes while still sort of attacking. Which means you're netting most of your balls, which means you're aiming too low on the topspin or not pushing out enough.

I don't think any racquet is going to help you muscle the ball.

You should just work on NOT tensing up, just swinging through naturally. Try to focus on just your contact and pushing through it rather than making sure everything is right, which causes people to tense up like that.

Also, people are often forced to muscle the ball when they hit the ball late. Maybe try taking it a little more out in front of you? In any case, I wouldn't focus so much on the racquet -I'd focus on not muscling it. You'll get a lot more pace, spin, AND consistency when not muscling.

joesixtoe
06-14-2005, 07:14 PM
thanks, but i cant help but tense up when i hit the ball, thats the only was i get my arm to do what i need it to do lol sounds weird i know. but like i said same in basketball, good dribbler, but the speed of my dribbles came from tension. its like when ur wrestling around with someone, i sometimes accidently hurt them cuz of the tension in my arm, so i deal with it i guess. but i love top spin, i just want to beable to flatten the ball out when i go for winners, and with my LM its just not as easy, as it was with the older racquet, a world of diff it was..

nViATi
06-14-2005, 07:41 PM
check out the LM Prestige MP