PDA

View Full Version : Australian Hurricane

chrischris
02-02-2011, 02:29 AM
Is there anyone on these boards from Cairns?
I am real concerned having been to your great town and knowing impact thats coming.
Send some updates if you can .

chrischris
02-02-2011, 02:59 AM
Damn it.. hope you guys will pull through ok.

chrischris
02-02-2011, 03:00 AM
Too much heat trapped in the ocean is the reason, correct?

westside
02-02-2011, 04:03 AM
Really have to feel for the people of Queensland. I know we will do all we can to help them rebuild after the floods, and now after cyclone Yasi

westside
02-02-2011, 04:52 AM
Im not cold hearted but seriously some of them we should not feel sorry for, some are so stubborn and refuse to move, their problem?

I actually heard that some people said they didn't want to evacuate when they were told to, and now that the storm is minutes from hitting, they are calling up the SES asking to be evacuated. Really have no idea what was going through their heads.

Although, i will feel sorry for them if (when) their property is destroyed

armsty
02-02-2011, 04:58 AM
I actually heard that some people said they didn't want to evacuate when they were told to, and now that the storm is minutes from hitting, they are calling up the SES asking to be evacuated. Really have no idea what was going through their heads.

Although, i will feel sorry for them if (when) their property is destroyed
6 60 year olds is what I'm hearing. I hope people use common sense and leave them till last when the all clear is given to go sort everything out after.

It sounds intense. Not sure if I can sleep tonight knowing what is happening to the neighbors up over the boarder.

chrischris
02-02-2011, 08:32 AM
Extreme weather and such things like El Ninja and El Nino get a lot worse is a result of extra heat being trapped by antropogenic CO2 and heating up vast areas of both water and land and that causes rough weather events to become all the more aggresive.
I hope we can use this well established knowledge sensibly and become smarter users of energy.
I keep my figers x-ed for you guys!