PDA

View Full Version : Zvonareva + Gamma => the End?

Sharkman
02-02-2011, 10:53 AM
The 2 arguments:
1. Vera didn't have the dot logo in AO.
2. Her name has disappeared from the Gamma site.

Seems that Gamma has lost its only big name.

Lefty5
02-02-2011, 11:49 AM
not surprising, who in thier right mind would play with Gamma strings.

ryushen21
02-02-2011, 12:40 PM
Well there was that incident where her strings were snapping coming back from the stringer. Wouldn't blame her. She's making more of a splash in the scene now. Probably picked up a sponsorship from a different maker.

ADIDAS_IS_CLASSIC
02-02-2011, 12:46 PM
It reminds me of While Djokovic's has a Technfibre on his wilson racket N years ago :D

Doubles
02-02-2011, 01:47 PM

People who like good strings. It's all about preference. You would know, you're a Tournatard...

The Baseline
02-02-2011, 01:57 PM

Don't be soo harsh!! Gamma makes tremendous strings, but doesnt have the advertising budget to make you think their strings are better than anyone elses. I applaud people that use offerings from Gamma and other smaller companies because the quality is just the same and sometimes even better. I know some very good players who use Gamma and they do know they have a great product. Im just sick of hearing all of the negativity from people that are ultimately convinced by how well a company advertises or has player endorsements. Its truly a sad day when this kind of ignorance is being displayed.

PBODY99
02-02-2011, 01:59 PM
The string snapping was due to a frame problem with the throat piece, not the string she was using. Her new deal with Prince should be at the level that takes away the string stencil, ala Isner and Querry.

vsbabolat
02-02-2011, 06:54 PM
Gamma just put out a full page ad in Racquet Sports Industry magazine with Zvonareva.

Lefty5
02-03-2011, 05:41 AM
Don't be soo harsh!! Gamma makes tremendous strings, but doesnt have the advertising budget to make you think their strings are better than anyone elses. I applaud people that use offerings from Gamma and other smaller companies because the quality is just the same and sometimes even better. I know some very good players who use Gamma and they do know they have a great product. Im just sick of hearing all of the negativity from people that are ultimately convinced by how well a company advertises or has player endorsements. Its truly a sad day when this kind of ignorance is being displayed.

ad budget? Seems like every tennis magazine has a full page ad from Gamma and the Tennis channel runs their ad constantly. I get bombarded with GAMMA, the #1 strings for 20 some odd years, over and over and over again. Their ad budget is on par with Wilson, and probably bigger than Price and Babalot combined. Why do you think they are a small niche company lurking in the dark? They have HUGE grandeous claims of being #1 yet I've never seen their strings make the top 5 of most selling strings, ever. You and I are not seeing the same things....

equinox
02-03-2011, 07:27 AM
Jb Bertović hey gamma,
what strings does vera use ?
January 19 at 11:11pm Like Comment View Feedback (4)Hide Feedback (4)

o
Gamma Tennis We no longer sponsor Vera so we can't say what string she is playing. However, Vera is still a friend of the GAMMA family and we're hoping she has great results in 2011 like she did in 2010.
January 20 at 12:44pm
o
Jb Bertović ok :( well i saw her get her racquet strung at the ao and she had gamma strings, just not sure which one.
thanks heaps !
January 20 at 11:31pm
o
Gamma Tennis Vera was playing GAMMA Zo Sweet in 2010.

El Diablo
02-04-2011, 03:44 PM
I don't know where The Baseline is coming from here either. I see more ads for Gamma than most other strings. Please tell us exactly what their advertising budget is as well as that of their competitors. It's hard to have patience when people spout "information" they make up as they go along.

The Baseline
02-04-2011, 05:31 PM
I don't know where The Baseline is coming from here either. I see more ads for Gamma than most other strings. Please tell us exactly what their advertising budget is as well as that of their competitors. It's hard to have patience when people spout "information" they make up as they go along.

Gamma is not as popular as other big names like Babolat and Wilson, therefore you might see Gamma in a magazine or two, but lets be real- Gamma is a company that uses word of mouth to their advantage. Gamma Supreme Overgrip got huge once people found out it was the best product on the market. Gamma focuses more on strings and overgrips than to spend a boatload of money into racquets and other accessories. Actually Gamma strings are very good indeed. Like i said i know some very good players who use gamma. Its more word of mouth, and likewise the more products the company sells, the more it expands. Just take a lesson from Wilson Sporting Goods.

mctennis
02-04-2011, 05:57 PM
I've used so many Gamma strings without success. I get such short playing time with the strings before they go dead. I stopped using them. My stringer carried them as his main string line. He suggested so many of them, each with the same result- failure. I hope others have a better success rate with them.

li0scc0
02-06-2011, 05:53 AM

Do you know what pro's actually use? It might surprise you. Many play with cheap ($2 a string job) 15L poly. Gamma strings would seem like a luxury to them :)