PDA

View Full Version : Serious Question.

ADIDAS_IS_CLASSIC
02-02-2011, 12:25 PM
I laughed during the hong kong classic when i saw edberg's Racket in close up..
WHY DOES HE HAS A FEDERER Signature on his racket?Why cant he have his own signature on the Blx 90 PJ?
As a Grandslam Legend..wts the big deal on having his own signature on his racket then Federer? just dont tell me he's a federer fan..:shock:

MichaelChang
02-02-2011, 12:51 PM
Short answer: Edberg is a Fed-****.

wangs78
02-02-2011, 01:00 PM
He's probably using stock BLX 90s. Duh.

danielrios
02-02-2011, 01:04 PM
He's using a 6.0 95 under a BLX 6.1 PJ

It's been discussed

PeterFig
02-02-2011, 01:10 PM
He's using a racquet (or PJ of it) that Wilson sells and wants to promote (the BLX90) ... why would he have a 'Edberg' racquet that Wilson won't make any $$ on?

If you think back to the days of the 'woodies' there were TONS of these signature frames back then, Jack Kramer Autograph, Stan Smith, etc etc etc ... and lots of other players used these autographed sticks. This happens less nowadays as racquet models are not named after players anymore ... but in certain circumstances as the BLX90 and the KPS88 which have the signatures of the 'iconic' figure they are using to market that racquet.

Cup8489
02-02-2011, 01:12 PM
WHY DOES HE HAS A FEDERER Signature on his racket?Why cant he have his own signature on the Blx 90 PJ?
As a Grandslam Legend..wts the big deal on having his own signature on his racket then Federer? just dont tell me he's a federer fan..:shock:

um... federer has more majors than Edberg? So perhaps he doesn't mind using the signature stick of a more successful player?

PeterFig
02-02-2011, 01:18 PM
The bottom line is always $$$.

There are two possible scenarios:

Wilson gets Edberg to play with the stock BLX90. Fans of Edberg see him play with the frame and they go and buy a whole bunch of these frames. Wilson makes $$$.
Wilson customizes Edberg's racquet to be unique for him. Fans of Edberg see him play with that frame but can't buy it in their local shop as it's only a custom frame for him. Wilson makes NO $$$.

Which one do you think Wilson will go with? :)

Marshredder
02-02-2011, 01:32 PM
The sticks probably go through an almost identical system paintwise as the BLX's, so the "template" used to paint it is the same, hence the signature.

ADIDAS_IS_CLASSIC
02-02-2011, 01:45 PM
I mean its just a signature... Whats the big deal?

lidoazndiabloboi
02-02-2011, 02:39 PM
I mean its just a signature... Whats the big deal?

LOL you just answered you own question. right! what is the big deal?

ADIDAS_IS_CLASSIC
02-02-2011, 03:01 PM
I Mean Making His Own Signature On His Rackets ! >:(

TheBoom
02-02-2011, 05:18 PM
I Mean Making His Own Signature On His Rackets ! >:(

Dinero dinero dinero is always the issue

Doubles
02-02-2011, 05:35 PM
It's because they want to market that racket as the Fed Stick and the best way to do it is to put his name on it. Do you think that Edberg actually pays attention to the fact that Federer's name is on it? Besides, by this point in time, Stefan Edberg is irrelevant to the younger market that Wilson is trying to market their products to...

The Baseline
02-02-2011, 05:52 PM

even the great ones idolize the best player of all time.