PDA

View Full Version : I saw a fight on the road today

rallyjunkie
02-02-2011, 03:53 PM
Were behind cars on Cortez Rd near the beach in Brandeton Beach FL heading east. Sudenly guys get out of two cars before the bridge, everyone has to stop. It's two on one and they are very ****ed off for some reason. heavy glaring and staring and talking then suddenly they erupt into a fist fight, punches, kicks headlock, flying fists. they get separated. meanwhilke i just drive by to pick up the pizza. a mile away. pick it up and go back and there's an ambulance there. weirdest thing i ever saw. twough loooking dudes too. they get out of the car and start fihting. no idea what started this fight. they were in seprate cars.

heycal
02-02-2011, 04:00 PM
Were behind cars on Cortez Rd near the beach in Brandeton Beach FL heading east.

I like a guy who doesn't leave out the details!

T1000
02-02-2011, 05:09 PM
What if no one won :shock:

Hot Sauce
02-02-2011, 07:10 PM
What if no one won :shock:

hahahahahaha

Sentinel
02-02-2011, 07:30 PM
OMG, a fight. In America !!!

:D

Is it so unusual in America that you start a thread. When i lived in Florida (for a few months only thankfully), when I would try crossing a road (on the zebra crossing with a Walk signal), people would try to run me down. Almost every time.
I suppose the fact that I am colored helped a lot ;)

BobFL
02-02-2011, 07:40 PM
Were behind cars on Cortez Rd near the beach in Brandeton Beach FL heading east. Sudenly guys get out of two cars before the bridge, everyone has to stop. It's two on one and they are very ****ed off for some reason. heavy glaring and staring and talking then suddenly they erupt into a fist fight, punches, kicks headlock, flying fists. they get separated. meanwhilke i just drive by to pick up the pizza. a mile away. pick it up and go back and there's an ambulance there. weirdest thing i ever saw. twough loooking dudes too. they get out of the car and start fihting. no idea what started this fight. they were in seprate cars.

If that was the weirdest thing you saw you can consider yourself a VERY lucky man :) You wouldn't believe my 'top5 weirdest things ever' list :D

SoBad
02-02-2011, 07:46 PM
If that was the weirdest thing you saw you can consider yourself a VERY lucky man :) You wouldn't believe my 'top5 weirdest things ever' list :D

Let's find out about that - why don't you produce the list and we'll see if rallyjunkie believes it.

T1000
02-02-2011, 08:08 PM

If any of them are posts on TT then they don't count

Vermillion
02-02-2011, 08:41 PM
I particularly enjoyed the fact that you combined the words two and tough together. Very delightful.

Hmm, this post seems kinda sarcastic in tone, but it's really not.

rallyjunkie
02-03-2011, 06:12 AM

Alright, you're right it was a little hyperbole exageration. But quite surreal.

One of the weirdest things I ever saw was this past weekend at South Beach a fat 50ish hairy guy dressed in a bikini singing, about Miami and South Beach. We were on bikes and he was just walking back and forth down the strip. Looked kind of like Jan Mike Gambill's father but fatter. Very weird.

El Diablo
02-03-2011, 06:20 AM
Some would whip out the cell and call 9-1-1, while others would "drive by to pick up the pizza."

Sentinel
02-03-2011, 07:34 AM
^^ the weirdest thing is that he doesn't have pizza delivery in his city.

GetBetterer
02-03-2011, 01:42 PM
Florida contains one of the mafia crime families. So...just saying...

heycal
02-03-2011, 02:41 PM
One of the weirdest things I ever saw was this past weekend at South Beach a fat 50ish hairy guy dressed in a bikini singing, about Miami and South Beach. We were on bikes and he was just walking back and forth down the strip. Looked kind of like Jan Mike Gambill's father but fatter. Very weird.

I'm not very hopeful about the other 4 remaining "weirdest things ever", and fear the OP may find your list believable after all.

Leelord337
02-03-2011, 04:19 PM
i saw a real fight for the first time a few weeks ago walking out to my truck from my gym. there is this sports bar next to the gym (in houston), there was this drunk guy yelling at this other guy about something and suddenly the tough gangster looking guy threw a shuffle punch and knocks the drunk guy on the ground, this was outside in front of the front door of the pool hall. next, the drunk guy gets up and goes to the front door of the pool hall and the thug comes back and punches him again. then finally some lady comes and lets them both inside. lol it was very crazy

pepka
02-03-2011, 04:28 PM
Judgeing from your story, you haven't seen a fight yet;-)

dParis
02-04-2011, 05:58 AM
2011 had gotten off to a slow start for Odds & Ends. It needs a thread like this one - especially since Club Chopin folded its tent.One of the weirdest things I ever saw was this past weekend at South Beach a fat 50ish hairy guy dressed in a bikini singing, about Miami and South Beach. We were on bikes and he was just walking back and forth down the strip. Looked kind of like Jan Mike Gambill's father but fatter. Very weird.
I know that this is a tennis forum, so I understand the thought of someone referencing a tennis professional - even one who's claim to fame is a quarter-final appearance in a major over 10 years ago.

But not his father.

If he would have said the bikini wearing freakazoid looked like Jan-Michael Vincent but fatter, I would've thought - obscure but, okay... But Jan-Michael Gambill's father?? Come on. Why should anyone who hasn't been recently introduced to this guy know what hell he should look like?

Finally, as a connoisseur of pizza, I have to mention that Florida may have the worst pizza not only in the country, but in the entire pizza consuming world. Better off skipping the pizza and picking up some conch fritters instead.

*breaksracquet
02-04-2011, 06:19 AM
I think everyone has seen one of these at least once in there lives. Saw this up in Durham, NC right on Durham-CH Blvd. with my wife. Black dude and Hispanic dude went at it for about for about a minute. Wife and I were about 1 car length away so see it unfold. No real punching, just tackling and wrestling. Who won?.... Like wesley snipes says, "Always bet on black." Black guy sat on the hispanic dude until the proper authorities arrived.

Leelord337
02-04-2011, 11:19 AM
2011 had gotten off to a slow start for Odds & Ends. It needs a thread like this one - especially since Club Chopin folded its tent.
I know that this is a tennis forum, so I understand the thought of someone referencing a tennis professional - even one who's claim to fame is a quarter-final appearance in a major over 10 years ago.

But not his father.

If he would have said the bikini wearing freakazoid looked like Jan-Michael Vincent but fatter, I would've thought - obscure but, okay... But Jan-Michael Gambill's father?? Come on. Why should anyone who hasn't been recently introduced to this guy know what hell he should look like?

Finally, as a connoisseur of pizza, I have to mention that Florida may have the worst pizza not only in the country, but in the entire pizza consuming world. Better off skipping the pizza and picking up some conch fritters instead.

haha, i remember jan michaels father. saw them practicing at the mens claycourt champs together before a match

did he have that captain kangaroo hairstyle, lol

Power Player
02-04-2011, 11:31 AM
Florida contains one of the mafia crime families. So...just saying...

WTF are you talking about son?

Mick
02-04-2011, 11:33 AM
probably they fought over a woman :)

Dedans Penthouse
02-04-2011, 11:38 AM
I saw a film today, four thousand holes in Blackburn, Lancaster

Mick
02-04-2011, 11:46 AM

i believe it's "Blackburn, Lancashire" according to the Beatles sites :D

rovex
02-04-2011, 12:21 PM
Judgeing from your story, you haven't seen a fight yet;-)

Poland is one of the roughest places in Europe. Infested with a lot of skinheads/ hooligans. Wouldn't be surprised if you've seen a lot of fights in your life.

dParis
02-04-2011, 12:22 PM

i believe it's "Blackburn, Lancashire" according to the Beatles sites :D
Not just that, but he mixed up the second half of the line with that of a later verse. Surprising error, coming from The Dean.

I saw a fight today, oh boy
The tough guy in a pick-up had just won the brawl
A crowd of people stopped to see
But I just had to flee
Bad pizza waits for meeeeeeee.....

dParis
02-04-2011, 01:23 PM
Poland is one of the roughest places in Europe. Infested with a lot of skinheads/ hooligans.
And vodka. And beautiful women...

tennisnoob3
02-04-2011, 01:26 PM

haha interested in what he was talking about as well

r2473
02-04-2011, 01:37 PM
I saw a fight on the road today

there's a little black spot on the sun today.......

It's two on one and they are very ****ed off for some reason. heavy glaring and staring and talking then suddenly they erupt into a fist fight, punches, kicks headlock, flying fists. they get separated. meanwhilke i just drive by to pick up the pizza. a mile away. pick it up and go back and there's an ambulance there.

.......But it's my destiny to be the king of pain

SuperDuy
02-04-2011, 01:55 PM
Poland is one of the roughest places in Europe. Infested with a lot of skinheads/ hooligans. Wouldn't be surprised if you've seen a lot of fights in your life.

It is pretty bad.

rovex
02-04-2011, 02:00 PM
A lot of Poles are invading western Europe and where I live for example and stealing the natives jobs because they'll work for less. :twisted:

Just venting folks. :mrgreen:

GetBetterer
02-04-2011, 03:21 PM
Power_Player:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santo_Trafficante,_Jr.

His crime family still controls a lot of the traffic between Florida & Cuba and still pretty much is the dominating crime family in Florida.