PDA

View Full Version : Star Y12-3

GuyPerez
04-22-2004, 06:21 AM
Anybody know anything about this machine? I know Eagnas gets a lot of criticism here, but I picked up a used (working) one for a very low price and was wondering if anyone had used one.

Here are the details:
http://www.eagnas.com/portable.html#STY123

Thanks,
Guy

Gaines Hillix
04-22-2004, 01:43 PM
If nothing goes wrong with it and you never need parts or service, you'll probably be o.k. with it. It seems to have a decent frame mount design and clamps and the tensioner has a clutch, which is a plus on a drop weight machine.

RacquetDoctor
04-23-2004, 10:59 AM
I'm going to chime in because I owned one of these back in 97. The base, clamps(pn1003) and tensioner is bullet proof. I paid $500 for it way back then. Owned it for two years. I strung about 600 frames on it before I sold it. Never had a problem with it. People on this board tend to slam Eagnas, but what they are really getting at is that Maxline's customer service is not that hot. Eagnas machines are made by lily lee and have no affiliation with maxline other than they are an importer. You can buy this machine from other sources in the US and get the service you crave....

The quality of the build on this machine is much better than average for the price range, equivalent or better to the Alpha or Gamma machine with fixed clamps, yet these clamps are far superior....I can tell you that the table is as sturdy as a Neos...weighs as much too!

Feel free to email me for any tips or tricks in the use of the machine, as well as adjusting it to make it perform at its best.

Mark

racquetdoctor@adelphia.net

GuyPerez
04-23-2004, 11:19 AM
You just made my day! Thanks.

I should have it next week sometime. I would appreciate any insight on its use. I can write you whan I get it.
Thanks again. The (Racquet)Doctor is IN.
Guy

GuyPerez
05-04-2004, 11:09 AM
Mark,
As far as you recall, was the tension accurate or did you have to + or - the drop weight?
Guy