PDA

View Full Version : Rule question (serving)

John Dark
06-15-2005, 07:52 AM
Hi. I need to who begins serving the next set after a set is finished. Does it alternate from who served the first game of the last set? Or does it alternate from who served the last game of the last set?

Return_Ace
06-15-2005, 07:56 AM
who didn't serve the last game

kevhen
06-15-2005, 08:01 AM
Alternates away from the person who served the first point of the last game, so if you served the last game or the first point of the tiebreak, your opponent will serve the first game in the next set.

gifted_shotmaker
06-15-2005, 08:07 AM
Hi. I need to who begins serving the next set after a set is finished. Does it alternate from who served the first game of the last set? Or does it alternate from who served the last game of the last set?

yeah, kevhen is right. basically, it alternates from who served the last game of the last set.

Rickson
06-15-2005, 08:12 AM
The last person to serve in the previous set becomes the receiver in the first game of the new set.

Rabbit
06-15-2005, 08:32 AM
The last person to serve in the previous set becomes the receiver in the first game of the new set.

This is not true if the two combatants are involved in a tiebreak. The more accurate answer is whoever serves the first point of the last game in the last set becomes the receiver in the first game of the next set.

Rickson
06-15-2005, 08:34 AM
This is not true if the two combatants are involved in a tiebreak. The more accurate answer is whoever serves the first point of the last game in the last set becomes the receiver in the first game of the next set.
This was a general question and I gave a general answer, but it's good that you cleared it up for the new poster, Rabbit.

John Dark
06-15-2005, 08:34 AM
Cool. Thanks, everyone.