PDA

View Full Version : What string does Nadal really use?

FedererBestTennis
02-06-2011, 09:20 AM
I know he doesn't actually use RPM Blast, but something that they only make in Europe. It's just for marketing purposes. He did the exact same thing with Pro Hurricane Tour. Does anyone know the name of the both of these strings?

Djokolate
02-06-2011, 09:29 AM
there was a guy who posted pics of nadals racquet on here, it was last week i think, anyway, it said 'pro huricane tour' in white on the black strings. so there u are :)

uk_skippy
02-06-2011, 09:29 AM
Nadal ACTUALLY uses RPM Blast 1.35mm!! So not sure how you can be sure that he doesn't use it.

I however, have strung his rqts and know that what it says it is on the reel is the actual string, and not a 'paintjob'

Certainly when he was actually using Duralast, it was later marketed that he was using Pro Hurricane Tour and that the reels said that, but he stuck to the duralast until changing to RPM Blast.

Regards

Paul

Djokolate
02-06-2011, 09:32 AM
Nadal ACTUALLY uses RPM Blast 1.35mm!! So not sure how you can be sure that he doesn't use it.

I however, have strung his rqts and know that what it says it is on the reel is the actual string, and not a 'paintjob'

Certainly when he was actually using Duralast, it was later marketed that he was using Pro Hurricane Tour and that the reels said that, but he stuck to the duralast until changing to RPM Blast.

Regards

Paul

no..
a man with his racquets from like the aussie or world tour finals or something not long ago, posted pics, and on the black strings it read 'Pro huricane tour'

kevoT
02-06-2011, 09:34 AM
Didn't someone just make a thread like this? Anyway, he is using PHT in black.

raging
02-06-2011, 09:40 AM
I know he doesn't actually use RPM Blast, but something that they only make in Europe. It's just for marketing purposes. He did the exact same thing with Pro Hurricane Tour. Does anyone know the name of the both of these strings?

Sorry but before you get flamed for not searching...:twisted:

This has been discussed ad infinitum, ad nauseum...

No-one knows 100%, maybe the stringer but even there the packaging...changes. His roll of string at Oz Open had RPM Blast on the packaging! (UK skippy at least had the roll of string in his hands)

Babolat factory workers, Lucien Nogues may reveal it but don't hold your breath.

B432C is floating around (was the prototype, released as sampler), some players still have sets, reels.

There is also some labelled PHT black...but maybe actually only false sample sets??(it was never officially released).

He used Duralast for a long time...then babolat found, developed something else for him, supposedly.

You are going to have a rough time!

Good Luck!:)

Djokolate
02-06-2011, 09:40 AM

yep me
lol
and someone else after me

Doubles
02-06-2011, 09:43 AM
no..
a man with his racquets from like the aussie or world tour finals or something not long ago, posted pics, and on the black strings it read 'Pro huricane tour'

FabFed posted those pics a while ago, but UK Skippy actually strung his racket and if he said that it's RPM Blast, then it's RPM Blast...

Djokolate
02-06-2011, 09:45 AM
FabFed posted those pics a while ago, but UK Skippy actually strung his racket and if he said that it's RPM Blast, then it's RPM Blast...

oh okay
anyway there was someone else who posted, too.

raging
02-06-2011, 09:54 AM

point taken but there were lots of types of RPM blast floating around this time last year when it was released at Oz Open. Lots of coaches, players got samples.

With greatest respect to Paul but what the player's had at Wimbledon 2010 was all labelled RPM Blast (if it was Black string). He may not have even seen B432C and all the other protoypes...they should have been used up but I digress...

The topic is what string does Nadal really use?
Answer : RPM Blast!

uk_skippy
02-06-2011, 09:55 AM
no..

Just because its printed on there doesn't mean that it is. Same thing happened with the Duralast being printed with PHT. Why would they print a string with the name of a string that doesn't exisit ie PHT in black??

No, he's using RPM Blast.

Thanks.

If he was really using PHT, then he would have used it several years back, and not continued with actually using duralast. Logic dictates that as soon as he changed from a yellow string (which was always duralast) to the black string, he actually changed strings.

Regards

Paul

Odonnell
02-06-2011, 10:20 AM

Regards

Paul

I said the same thing a few weeks ago in another thread, but that's hard to believe for anybody around here.

FedererBestTennis
02-06-2011, 10:22 AM
Alright, I guess he does use RPM, but he used Duralast, not Pro Hurricane. Alright, thanks for the answers. :)

Djokolate
02-06-2011, 10:22 AM
Just because its printed on there doesn't mean that it is. Same thing happened with the Duralast being printed with PHT. Why would they print a string with the name of a string that doesn't exisit ie PHT in black??

ermm... they wouldn't get rpm for rafa, then say, 'hey let's print pro huricane tour on this!' lol. okay the strings may be rpm, but you got that all wrong. btw, it didn't say pro hurricane tour black, it said pro hurricane tour

Odonnell
02-06-2011, 10:31 AM
The only picture I remember with PHT printed on the strings from his racquet is the fabfed picture (Racquet from Aussie 2010). Nadal was "using" PHT and RPM strings were released two months after, so that's quite normal to see "PHT" printed on the strings.

Cup8489
02-06-2011, 10:35 AM
ermm... they wouldn't get rpm for rafa, then say, 'hey let's print pro huricane tour on this!' lol. okay the strings may be rpm, but you got that all wrong. btw, it didn't say pro hurricane tour black, it said pro hurricane tour

The Babolat Duralast Nadal used was labelled either Pro Hurricane Tour, or else Pro Hurricane Nadal (I can't recall, as the reel was labelled with one of those two as well, so it's either the string itself or the reel that says Pro Hurricane Nadal)

Paul is saying that if nadal was using PHT as some have said, it would have to be in black, and there's no reason he wouldn't have switched to it ages ago, as PHT has been out for a few years. The fact that it says PHT on the string is irrelevant; it's not PHT, black or not. It's RPM. I would take Paul's word over anyone elses, as he could feel the string as he was stringing it and thus his opinion is worth more than anyone else who hasn't strung nadal's frames, so don't doubt it.

raging
02-06-2011, 10:43 AM
The only picture I remember with PHT printed on the strings from his racquet is the fabfed picture (Racquet from Aussie 2010). Nadal was "using" PHT and RPM strings were released two months after, so that's quite normal to see "PHT" printed on the strings.

the problem was PHT was due to be released in black, they were simultaneously testing RPM Blast and it was still in prototype form...suddenly the hype around Nadal, Tsonga, Roddick(aided a bit by Babolat "interviews") got everybody hot ...and PHT black was shelved...but there may be black string with PHT printed on it floating around..

nadal is still using RPM Blast!

Odonnell
02-06-2011, 10:47 AM

Yes he is for over a year. Babolat made some trials with Nadal and he said he loved that string (RPM). They asked him for years to change from duralast and until the RPM came out, he never changed.

Djokolate
02-06-2011, 11:19 AM
the problem was PHT was due to be released in black, they were simultaneously testing RPM Blast and it was still in prototype form...suddenly the hype around Nadal, Tsonga, Roddick(aided a bit by Babolat "interviews") got everybody hot ...and PHT black was shelved...but there may be black string with PHT printed on it floating around..

now i know
thanks for the info

Djokolate
02-06-2011, 11:25 AM

now i know
thanks for the info

tennisguy7482
02-07-2011, 12:42 PM
The Babolat Duralast Nadal used was labelled either Pro Hurricane Tour, or else Pro Hurricane Nadal (I can't recall, as the reel was labelled with one of those two as well, so it's either the string itself or the reel that says Pro Hurricane Nadal)

Paul is saying that if nadal was using PHT as some have said, it would have to be in black, and there's no reason he wouldn't have switched to it ages ago, as PHT has been out for a few years. The fact that it says PHT on the string is irrelevant; it's not PHT, black or not. It's RPM. I would take Paul's word over anyone elses, as he could feel the string as he was stringing it and thus his opinion is worth more than anyone else who hasn't strung nadal's frames, so don't doubt it.

it actually said both pro hurricane tour and nadal on the reel.

http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h442/tennisguy7482/CIMG3109-1.jpg

Cup8489
02-07-2011, 06:07 PM
it actually said both pro hurricane tour and nadal on the reel.

http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h442/tennisguy7482/CIMG3109-1.jpg

Thank you kindly! I wasn't sure, I'm glad you cleared that up for me.

The Baseline
02-07-2011, 07:57 PM
i heard he was using a very cheap poly similar to what he used when he was a kid.

li0scc0
02-08-2011, 05:35 AM
Nadal uses a cheap 15L poly (from one of the stringers at the US Open and Australian Open) that is 'a paint job'

uk_skippy
02-08-2011, 01:51 PM
Nadal uses a cheap 15L poly (from one of the stringers at the US Open and Australian Open) that is 'a paint job'

As mentioned before, especially in this thread, He uses RPM Blast. He no longer uses the 'cheap' 15L poly called duralast. It is not a 'paintjob' The string he currently uses has a texture to it, whereas duralast is smooth.

The Baseline
02-08-2011, 06:49 PM
As mentioned before, especially in this thread, He uses RPM Blast. He no longer uses the 'cheap' 15L poly called duralast. It is not a 'paintjob' The string he currently uses has a texture to it, whereas duralast is smooth.

I thought Nadal tested the RPM blast but then ousted it and went back to the original stardard poly that hes been using for his whole career?

danielrios
02-08-2011, 07:47 PM

Mmm I don't know, I think your opinion is not impartial since your avatar picture is BABOLAT.

uk_skippy
02-09-2011, 03:17 AM
I thought Nadal tested the RPM blast but then ousted it and went back to the original stardard poly that hes been using for his whole career?

The string he is using is RPM Blast. How do I know this? Because I've strung some of his rqts. Why is RPM and not his original duralast in black? Because you can feel the texture of the current string, something the duralast doesn't have.

Mmm I don't know, I think your opinion is not impartial since your avatar picture is BABOLAT.

While I understand your point, I can assure that all what I'm telling you is not an opinion, but fact! An opinion would be 'I believe he is using RPM because Babolat have told me that's what he's using'; the fact is 'I know he's using RPM as I've actually strung some of his rqts. Please also be assured that I am a member of a Babolat stringing team, and that I'm also member of the Wimbledon stringing team. I'll deal with facts of rqts & strings that I've used while being a member of those teams irrespective of the brands.

Regards

Paul

li0scc0
02-09-2011, 05:11 AM

A stringer from the 2011 Australian Open claims otherwise?

big bang
02-09-2011, 05:33 AM
A stringer from the 2011 Australian Open claims otherwise?
Yeah and Mickey Mouse claims Nadal is using spaghetti as strings!
You know this stringer you refer to?
UK_Skippy allwas provide correct information on this board and he knows whats he talking about. The guy strung Rafa racquet himself and you still question him??.
I used to string at a few ATP events and know some of the guys working on tour, including a guy who strings at FO.. And hes saying the same as Paul - RPM blast.

li0scc0
02-09-2011, 08:13 AM
Yeah and Mickey Mouse claims Nadal is using spaghetti as strings!
You know this stringer you refer to?
UK_Skippy allwas provide correct information on this board and he knows whats he talking about. The guy strung Rafa racquet himself and you still question him??.
I used to string at a few ATP events and know some of the guys working on tour, including a guy who strings at FO.. And hes saying the same as Paul - RPM blast.

Calm down.
Yes, I do know this stringer. I do not know UK_Skippy. I don't doubt UK_Skippy, but, by the same token, I do not doubt the stringer I know. He did not string for Nadal at the US Open or at the Australian, so perhaps the person who told him this information (i.e. the person who WAS stringing for Nadal) gave him incorrect information. Let me find out more!

TennezSport
02-09-2011, 09:53 AM
Yes, I do know this stringer. I do not know UK_Skippy. I don't doubt UK_Skippy, but, by the same token, I do not doubt the stringer I know. He did not string for Nadal at the US Open or at the Australian, so perhaps the person who told him this information (i.e. the person who WAS stringing for Nadal) gave him incorrect information. Let me find out more!

As a GSS member I can tell you that UK is correct and that he does string for Babolat and the Wimbledon stringing team and he has years of professional experience. Rafa has switched to RPM from Babolat Duralast 15L. PHT Black was in the final test phase but when a number of players liked the RPM better, Babolat decided to drop PHT Black to avoid confusion. Duralast Black was never a consideration.

For awhile Babolat re-labeled Duralast as PHT Nadal because it was not sold in some countries and PHT was. If you look at the picture of the reel above you will see the string has a clear yellow color where as PHT has a milky/cloudy yellow color that is not see through. If you doubt it, buy a set of both and see for yourself.

Cheers, TennezSport :cool:

jazar
02-09-2011, 12:43 PM
The string he is using is RPM Blast. How do I know this? Because I've strung some of his rqts. Why is RPM and not his original duralast in black? Because you can feel the texture of the current string, something the duralast doesn't have.

While I understand your point, I can assure that all what I'm telling you is not an opinion, but fact! An opinion would be 'I believe he is using RPM because Babolat have told me that's what he's using'; the fact is 'I know he's using RPM as I've actually strung some of his rqts. Please also be assured that I am a member of a Babolat stringing team, and that I'm also member of the Wimbledon stringing team. I'll deal with facts of rqts & strings that I've used while being a member of those teams irrespective of the brands.

Regards

Paul

Like Paul, I am on the Wimbledon and Babolat stringing teams, and he is 100% right. Nadal uses RPM Blast 1.35. Babolat have told us this and we have both strung his rackets.

Ash_Smith
02-09-2011, 01:08 PM
I actually have some RPM 15L that came of Rafa's reel from the Queens stringing room. It is printed RPM Blast 15L. Whether the exact composition of it is the same as the retail version is up for debate I guess, but yes Skipp and Jaz are bang on.

saigonbond
02-09-2011, 02:38 PM
http://i48.tinypic.com/2v2i1jb.jpg

OP MrFlip

saigonbond
02-09-2011, 02:45 PM
http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz58/Fabfed/NadalRet5.jpg

OP Fabfed

uk_skippy
02-09-2011, 11:51 PM
^^^Nice pics.

I'd be the first to hold my hand up here and say that I'd be wrong. Certainly the evidence on the picture would indicate that the string is Pro Hurricane. However, and again lets look at the facts-

Pro Hurricane may have come in black in a Babolat protoytpe that was tested by pro's inc Nadal,

Pro Hurricane Tour black has not been released in black to the public,

Other than trying to get Nadal to promote a black version of PHT, if he was using PHT he could have moved onto it when it was originally made instead of keeping to duralast,

Babolat 'painted' his duralast reels, and marked the string PHT even when it wasn't.

Having strung his rqts last year I'm still saying that it was RPM, certainly not black duralast (as some are still trying to say). Since it took him so long to change string and the success that came with it, would he have changed again between the US open & Aus open? I can't see that myself.

It would also appear that the rqts shown above, certainly the 1 at the front, are for promotional purposes and may have been strung at a time when the testing with PHT black was happening.

In the end, this is my take on it. I know what I used on his rqts, seen it, felt it, strung with it. So, unless someone else can post here to say that they've done the same thing, and given that at least 1 other poster on this thread has done the same, my final word is-

The string that Nadal uses is RPM Blast 1.35mm at around 25kg.

Regards

Paul

raging
02-10-2011, 01:59 AM
^^^Nice pics.

I'd be the first to hold my hand up here and say that I'd be wrong. Certainly the evidence on the picture would indicate that the string is Pro Hurricane. However, and again lets look at the facts-

Pro Hurricane may have come in black in a Babolat protoytpe that was tested by pro's inc Nadal,

Other than trying to get Nadal to promote a black version of PHT, if he was using PHT he could have moved onto it when it was originally made instead of keeping to duralast,

Babolat 'painted' his duralast reels, and marked the string PHT even when it wasn't.

Having strung his rqts last year I'm still saying that it was RPM, certainly not black duralast (as some are still trying to say). Since it took him so long to change string and the success that came with it, would he have changed again between the US open & Aus open? I can't see that myself.

It would also appear that the rqts shown above, certainly the 1 at the front, are for promotional purposes and may have been strung at a time when the testing with PHT black was happening.

In the end, this is my take on it. I know what I used on his rqts, seen it, felt it, strung with it. So, unless someone else can post here to say that they've done the same thing, and given that at least 1 other poster on this thread has done the same, my final word is-

Regards

Paul

Paul,

some people will take even more convincing on these boards!

Myself, I would always prefer to believe the stringer and not some internet poster of photos.

I have also got a set of string from january 2010 that Babolat gave to it's coaches. It is marked Pro Hurricane Tour, is Black string and has Pro Hurricane Tour on it!

I also suspect it was part of the prototypes that were rushed out at the end of the year 2009/2010 when Babolat suddenly canned distribution of PHT Black. You don't need to believe me, ask any retailer - TW, anyone you like! Everybody thought they were ordering PHT black, suddenly it was RPM Blast.

No, I am not going to post a photo...it will only feed the flames:twisted:
It would prove exactly...nothing!

I believe a lot of stringers here are telling the truth, facts here: uk_skippy, jazar, ASH SMITH; Tennez, big bang.
You may not like their opinion but that is your prerogative.

For me it remains: RPM BLAST

Unless the AO stringer (NADAL) posts here with a photo of himself, with Rafa & the racquet and string in question! :)

Cheers,

Raging.:)

Fabfed
02-10-2011, 02:06 AM
I wouldn't put too much stock in the strings used for my Rafa racquet in the picture above, I have mentioned previously that it's not a match-used racquet, it is more likely a promotional racquet as suggested by uk_skippy.

uk_skippy
02-10-2011, 04:29 AM
Raging, totally agree with what you've said.

I'm aware of the original PHT in black, and I'm sure that there's some probably still around somewhere.

If the AO stringer posts here and say, no it is actually string whatever, not RPM, then I'd accept that. When I stung Rafa's rqts it was nearly 8 months ago. Would he have changed? I seriously doubt it, but I suppose he could have however it took a long time form him to change from duralast. I know where I'd put my money.

Regards

Paul

li0scc0
02-10-2011, 04:42 AM
Good stuff, and thanks for the information. My guess is my friend is mistaken. As mentioned, he did not string for Nadal directly. I do not think he was speaking falsehood on purpose, but from the experts on here who HAVE strung for Nadal, it sounds like he was mistaken. Apologies for stirring up something unintentionally!

big bang
02-10-2011, 05:41 AM
Paul,

some people will take even more convincing on these boards!

Myself, I would always prefer to believe the stringer and not some internet poster of photos.

I have also got a set of string from january 2010 that Babolat gave to it's coaches. It is marked Pro Hurricane Tour, is Black string and has Pro Hurricane Tour on it!

I also suspect it was part of the prototypes that were rushed out at the end of the year 2009/2010 when Babolat suddenly canned distribution of PHT Black. You don't need to believe me, ask any retailer - TW, anyone you like! Everybody thought they were ordering PHT black, suddenly it was RPM Blast.

No, I am not going to post a photo...it will only feed the flames:twisted:
It would prove exactly...nothing!

I believe a lot of stringers here are telling the truth, facts here: uk_skippy, jazar, ASH SMITH; Tennez, big bang.
You may not like their opinion but that is your prerogative.

For me it remains: RPM BLAST

Unless the AO stringer (NADAL) posts here with a photo of himself, with Rafa & the racquet and string in question! :)

Cheers,

Raging.:)
PHT black was produced, no doubt about it!. I know several shops who received a load of it, but suddently Babolat pulled them back and delivered RPM instead.

kkm
02-10-2011, 05:44 AM
To anyone who's strung for Nadal since he started using black string: was his black string octagonal or round? If it was round, why wouldn't it be black Duralast? The black string he's using now is still labeled Pro Hurricane Nadal just like his yellow Duralast was. :confused:

big bang
02-10-2011, 05:55 AM
To anyone who's strung for Nadal since he started using black string: was his black string octagonal or round? If it was round, why wouldn't it be black Duralast? The black string he's using now is still labeled Pro Hurricane Nadal just like his yellow Duralast was. :confused:
The answer to your question has been postet several times in this thread..

TennezSport
02-10-2011, 09:41 AM
PHT black was produced, no doubt about it!. I know several shops who received a load of it, but suddently Babolat pulled them back and delivered RPM instead.

Yes PHT Black was produced when they were testing it and we have several samples left here also. However as many have said here, it was dropped when Bab received so many great comments about RPM. Bab felt if they released PHTB it would be confused with RPM and RPM may not take off, so PHTB was dropped. Duralast Black was never produced (this info came from the Nate directly).

ihearit1st
02-10-2011, 09:48 AM

His reels now say RPM Blast 15L. They do not say Pro Hurricane Nadal.

kkm
02-10-2011, 09:49 AM
Nadal is an important enough player that Babolat would produce Duralast Black just for him. I think. Or not?

big bang
02-10-2011, 09:51 AM
Nadal is an important enough player that Babolat would produce Duralast Black just for him. I think. Or not?
Sure they would, but since hes using RPM blast we will never know...

big bang
02-10-2011, 09:53 AM
Yes PHT Black was produced when they were testing it and we have several samples left here also. However as many have said here, it was dropped when Bab received so many great comments about RPM. Bab felt if they released PHTB it would be confused with RPM and RPM may not take off, so PHTB was dropped. Duralast Black was never produced (this info came from the Nate directly).

yes I know the story:)

Arvid
02-10-2011, 11:57 AM

For the last time(hopefully)hes not using Duralast! Theres no evidence what so ever to support this. Biggest differense is in his game since he changed hes groundstrokes have better length, he doesnt get hit off the court as easily by big hitters like he was before. This was evident right the first tournament he played, some exhibition in abu dabi or some place like that, and he was able to keep even hitting with Soderling who had blasted him off court a few months earlier in the masters.....Its subjective of course, but ive seen him play a lot and i could certainly notice an improvement in the length of his groundstrokes....

Djokolate
02-12-2011, 03:31 AM
^^^Nice pics.

Regards

Paul

oh and you strung his racquets??? lol

Dags
02-12-2011, 04:48 AM

Professional tennis players use a variety of tensions. That is why Paul refers to the tension as 'around 25kg', because there is no one exact tension and to cite one would be misleading.

Paul's credentials have already been described in this thread. Yes, he has strung for Nadal.

uk_skippy
02-12-2011, 05:44 AM

As Dags has said below, yes I have strung his racquets. I believe at the French Open last year it was 25.5kgs, at Wimbledon and you'll see from Saigonbond post containing a pic taken from the tv of Wimbledon coverage that it was 25kg.

Professional tennis players use a variety of tensions. That is why Paul refers to the tension as 'around 25kg', because there is no one exact tension and to cite one would be misleading.

Paul's credentials have already been described in this thread. Yes, he has strung for Nadal.

Thanks Dags.

There are some pros who pretty much stay at the same tension no matter where they're playing, while others will jump around going up and down sometimes by as little as 1/2 lbs.

I'm sure that once this thread has eventually died, there'll be another started probably around the start of the euro clay season leading to the french.

Regards

Paul

Djokolate
02-12-2011, 01:04 PM
As Dags has said below, yes I have strung his racquets. I believe at the French Open last year it was 25.5kgs, at Wimbledon and you'll see from Saigonbond post containing a pic taken from the tv of Wimbledon coverage that it was 25kg.

oh i'm so sorry mate.
i didn't mean to be cheeky i just though...
ya' know

jgtthd
02-14-2011, 02:25 AM
Thank you kindly! I wasn't sure, I'm glad you cleared that up for me.

i have a reel of babolat duralast and that looks just like it. PHT is a different colour

rafaisabeast
02-14-2011, 07:01 PM
Pht And Rmp Are The Same Exact Thing Same Shape And Specs!!!!!!!!!

OHAI
02-16-2011, 01:24 PM
I downloaded Luxilons US Open 2010 Stringing Analysis and it shows Nadal using full bed Pro Hurricane Tour.

big bang
02-16-2011, 01:31 PM
OMG ppl still question the 2 guys who actually strung Rafas frames:shock:. Amazing, simply amazing!!..

SoCal10s
02-16-2011, 01:34 PM
Nadal uses RPM Blast 1.35mm ?? that's pretty thick ... why so thick ??

ucr_tennis90
02-16-2011, 03:34 PM
I downloaded Luxilons US Open 2010 Stringing Analysis and it shows Nadal using full bed Pro Hurricane Tour.

and their racket analysis says he's using the AeroPro Drive Cortex...

bfactor61
04-04-2011, 12:31 PM
Same Querrey got a set of the B-432C prototype....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MnH1v_OM8g

bfactor61
04-04-2011, 12:32 PM
Also all of the commentators talk about nadal using rpm and how its the grippiest string. but they really dont know anything

lidoazndiabloboi
08-23-2011, 03:21 PM
http://espn.go.com/tennis/usopen11/story/_/id/6884768/us-open-why-rafael-nadal-salute-string

is this a confirmation that Nadal did make a switch instead of using Duralast painted black?

rafaisabeast
08-24-2011, 07:52 PM
is this a joke come on guys PHT and RPM is the exact same thing no look at what the box says but actually take the two pieces of string and compare almost identical and to tbh rafa is a person that doesnt like change one bit if he didnt mind changing he wouldnt always line up his water bottles the way he does so what ever string he's using it better help him win the Open if not i fear the dynasty of Rafa is over :???:

ben123
08-25-2011, 08:32 AM
is this a joke come on guys PHT and RPM is the exact same thing no look at what the box says but actually take the two pieces of string and compare almost identical and to tbh rafa is a person that doesnt like change one bit if he didnt mind changing he wouldnt always line up his water bottles the way he does so what ever string he's using it better help him win the Open if not i fear the dynasty of Rafa is over :???:

rafa never ever used pht. he used duralast. now he uses rpm so yes he changed

Wilander
08-25-2011, 09:52 AM

Not even almost the same string. They play very different.

Rafa played Duralast and switched to RPM.