PDA

View Full Version : Wickmayer's Donnay?

Hotrocks
02-07-2011, 06:25 AM
Which Donnay is Wickmayer from Belgium using? The paint job is different than the ones on DonnayUSA. Or is it just a paint job? I did a search on this site and all I fdind is that see signed with Donnay last year. Thanks....

vsbabolat
02-07-2011, 07:42 AM
Which Donnay is Wickmayer from Belgium using? The paint job is different than the ones on DonnayUSA. Or is it just a paint job? I did a search on this site and all I fdind is that see signed with Donnay last year. Thanks....

You see the name Donnay is owned by Sports Direct. In the USA the Choe Brothers have License the Donnay name from Sprts Direct (The owners) for use on racquets in the USA.

For some reason Sports Direct has decided to take a Dunlop AG 4D 500 (Sports Direct also Owns Dunlop) and paint with Donnay cosmetics for Wickmayer.
Here is Wickmayer before the paint job last year:
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w50/vsbabolat/Wickmayer_2010_Auckland.jpg
I will try and clear somethings up. Sports Direct bought Donnay in 1996. Shut down all operations in Couvin, Belgium and moved it to England. Turned Donnay into a low end house brand for Sports Direct. When Rusedski was using Donnay it was Sports Direct House Brand Donnay. Now Sports Direct has Licensed out the name Donnay to this new entity run by Brothers Bobby and Jerry Choe. So Donnay USA is a brand new company. It has no connection to the original that was in Couvin except in name.

Hotrocks
02-07-2011, 08:14 AM
You see the name Donnay is owned by Sports Direct. In the USA the Choe Brothers have License the Donnay name from Sprts Direct (The owners) for use on racquets in the USA.

For some reason Sports Direct has decided to take a Dunlop AG 4D 500 (Sports Direct also Owns Dunlop) and paint with Donnay cosmetics for Wickmayer.
Here is Wickmayer before the paint job last year:
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w50/vsbabolat/Wickmayer_2010_Auckland.jpg

Thanks VS! Like your Avatar!!! By the way...I was the lucky winner of the Babolat- Test Cordage racquet in the tread on 1st generation Pure Drives. I like your racquet much better. I have to commend you and Ericcson on your wealth of knowledge! THanks..................