PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl ads...............

rommil
02-07-2011, 06:35 AM
Which ones you liked and/or disliked?

I thought the Ozzy/Beiber one was funny, but I like the Volkswagen and Audi commercials the best. I doubt Eminem really drives that Chrysler car. Maybe he does that's why he looks angry.

*breaksracquet
02-07-2011, 07:17 AM
VW Passat "Darth Vader" was a win for me. Don't know why, but it tugged at the heartstrings. Can't wait to see my kid (wife is 4-months pregnant) pulling awesome stuff like that.....

mikeler
02-07-2011, 09:03 AM
VW Passat "Darth Vader" was a win for me. Don't know why, but it tugged at the heartstrings. Can't wait to see my kid (wife is 4-months pregnant) pulling awesome stuff like that.....

Congrats on your designated driver for those IPAs. :)

maverick66
02-07-2011, 09:05 AM

only one that made me laugh. The rest were forgettable.

Also the talking baby for Etrade needs to go. It was never cute and now its annoying. Talking babies will never be funny or cute.

VaththalKuzhambu
02-07-2011, 09:08 AM
Agreed on both.

Also the talking baby for Etrade needs to go. It was never cute and now its annoying. Talking babies will never be funny or cute.

jswinf
02-07-2011, 12:07 PM
I kind of like the Etrade baby, but I didn't think the superbowl ad was the best. Different baby?

I liked the Budweiser one in the old West saloon where the mean-looking guy finally gets his Bud and starts singing "Tiny Dancer" and everyone joins in, cut to the Clydesdales waiting out front.

I thought the one that started out talking about the problems of the people of Tibet and then saying "but they still make a mean fish curry" was in very poor taste and anyway, not funny.

SuperDuy
02-07-2011, 03:41 PM
I liked the flowers one,.

rommil
02-07-2011, 03:57 PM

Congrats .......... Maybe your kid will be in a funny SB ad sometime in the future too .

billsgwn
02-07-2011, 04:10 PM

Agree on both comments. At least the halftime show was great. (rolls eyes)

rodrigoamaral
02-07-2011, 05:57 PM
liked the doritos ads, verizon ads, bud light was pretty bad

JohnnyCracker
02-07-2011, 06:04 PM
Bridgestone Carma made me laugh. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBUcG7xZB-g

Bartelby
02-07-2011, 06:15 PM
Who were the gay guys in yellow tights with lace flys.

fruitytennis1
02-07-2011, 06:51 PM
Bridgestone w/ the badger
Doritos-liking the finger and bringing grandpa back
The darth vader one was cute

Sentinel
02-07-2011, 07:33 PM
OT: so what happened at the Superbowl (I am non-american so not clued in).

There was a guy "waiting in the wings" for a few years (in the shadow of some Brett Favre). did he win ??

(I was at a cousin's place and CNN was on on friday, and i saw some preview which talked of this guy)

tennisnoob3
02-07-2011, 07:41 PM

There was a guy "waiting in the wings" for a few years (in the shadow of some Brett Favre). did he win ??

(I was at a cousin's place and CNN was on on friday, and i saw some preview which talked of this guy)

yes.

i thought there were a few good ones. i was really surprised at the chrysler 200 ad, i saw some leaked pics of it, but didnt expect a commercial.

vw black beetle one was good.

this was voted the worst, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXGYK1eP_wo

i dont really know anything about tibet, but i found it to not be too serious of a commercial and people read too deep into it

Scientist
02-07-2011, 08:33 PM
The ads did nothing but further indicate to me how morally dissipated and just plain stupid this country/world is getting.

counterpuncher64
02-07-2011, 09:51 PM
The ads did nothing but further indicate to me how morally dissipated and just plain stupid this country/world is getting.

THIS! I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought this! Anyone else notice how the ads were more vulgar than ads we are accustomed to seeing in the past?

Having said that, I thought this one was kind of funny:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N1aOZTTA-c

Sentinel
02-07-2011, 10:25 PM
yes.

thanks for being so informative ;) what was his name ?
any link to more info wd be greatly appreciated (i hate googling).

Feņa14
02-07-2011, 11:03 PM

It's interesting, I was reading how they are now making adverts alot more simple with the product name and logo on display for alot longer than it used to be. What with Sky+ over here (i'm sure there is something similar in America) where you can record and fast forward through shows, people actually are paying more attention to the screen as they need to know when to press play again, meaning a 5 second blast of a company logo is alot more powerful than the 'clever' gimmicky ones we used to have a few years ago.

hollywood9826
02-08-2011, 03:34 AM

The Green Bay (Wisconsin) Packers beat the Pittsburgh (Pennsylvania) Steelers. The Quaterback for the Packers is named Aaron Rodgers, when the Packers drafted Rodgers there was apparently some animosity in Favre that they were getting ready to replace him. Then Favre started playing bad and the team decided to make the switch to Rodgers as the starting QB and Favre to the New York Jets (who play all thier home games in New Jersey).

Brett Favre was a very good player for a long time so Rodgers will always be compared to him because they play for the same team. But Aaron Rodgers did win the game and was named the Most Valuable player for the game. Brett Favre was no named the MVP when he won his only Super Bowl.

hollywood9826
02-08-2011, 03:40 AM
As far as the ads. I thought they were a bit weak in comparrison to years past.

But the Darth Kid was pretty good.
And I got kick out the Beetle racing around to Black Betty .

Im tired of the E-trade baby as well. And the Whole Godaddy thing is over played.

jswinf
02-08-2011, 09:01 AM
I'm sorry to say I don't know much about Tibet. If everything there is just fine and the fish curry commercial was just being silly, I wouldn't be offended by the ad (but still wouldn't think it was much good.) How are things in Tibet, anyway? Probably not many tennis players there, bet you'd need some serious high altitude balls.

rommil
02-08-2011, 09:18 AM
I'm sorry to say I don't know much about Tibet. If everything there is just fine and the fish curry commercial was just being silly, I wouldn't be offended by the ad (but still wouldn't think it was much good.) How are things in Tibet, anyway? Probably not many tennis players there, bet you'd need some serious high altitude balls.

Actually the monks beats Rafa on clay repeatedly in Tibet.

CCNM
02-08-2011, 12:52 PM
Being an animal lover I liked the pug knocking down the door for Doritos chips and the dogs serving Bud Light AND doing the dishes. :lol: I also liked the ad for the NFL with all the tv characters in team gear (Seinfeld in a Giants cap, Fonzie in a Packers jersey, etc)

LuckyR
02-16-2011, 10:08 AM
Did you guys catch the BMW ad near the end of the game where they went on about how all of the X-3s are made in their plant in South Carolina. They showed some footage on the workers and piped on about the jobs they created right here in the good ol' USA! Yea!

I don't think the target audience of potential new BMW model buyers is excited about paying BMW prices for a South Carolinian car.

I have started pointing out the X-3s on the road (which are very numerous around here) to my daughter, she calls them "Schemers" instead of "Bimmers" since they should be SC M Ws.