PDA

View Full Version : ever since facebook came along, it been harder to pickup women

pushing_wins
02-07-2011, 03:19 PM
anyone else noticed that?

SuperFly
02-07-2011, 03:43 PM
http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu81/Kingpin108/1255572310345.png

You're the PS3.

SlapShot
02-07-2011, 04:16 PM
Nope....haven't noticed that. :)

maverick66
02-07-2011, 04:39 PM
Maybe your just ugly. :)

Or

You just dont know how to talk to women.

Either way facebook is not your problem. I agree that facebook sucks but it I dont connect how it would affect any kind of real world situation.

pushing_wins
02-07-2011, 05:40 PM
interesting

being judged as a sour grape.

however, i have much deeper reasoning. of course. simpletons.

rodrigoamaral
02-07-2011, 05:54 PM
OP: maybe you should take a course- intro to social media..

pushing_wins
02-07-2011, 06:35 PM
OP: maybe you should take a course- intro to social media..

i do it in person. i dont hide behind a vale.

i dont use cyber. takes too long to build a rapport.

ryan sc
02-07-2011, 06:37 PM
I think its actually easier but i'm pretty good looking for an albino jamaican

Larrysümmers
02-07-2011, 06:44 PM
No it is kind of easier lol.

pushing_wins
02-07-2011, 06:48 PM
Maybe your just ugly. :)

Or

You just dont know how to talk to women.

Either way facebook is not your problem. I agree that facebook sucks but it I dont connect how it would affect any kind of real world situation.

u mean i m not a 5.5

maverick66
02-07-2011, 06:55 PM
u mean i m not a 5.5

I dont know but you push so you would probably beat 95% of the board.

pushing_wins
02-07-2011, 06:58 PM
I think its actually easier but i'm pretty good looking for an albino jamaican

thats what i mean

35 year old virgins who would never go up to a girl in a club are having a field day on facebook.

girls, nowadays, are desensitized to getting picked-up . they have all these loser guys annoying them online. before, i would get rejected but they would be flattered. now, they just feel annoyed.

its not like the old days. i'd wake up, go get coffee and come back with 5 leads.

or maybe the real reason is i m just getting old and ugly.

fruitytennis1
02-07-2011, 07:10 PM
If Facebook=your social life you kinda fail.

Kobble
02-08-2011, 03:18 PM
For me, things are easier. I think people are more open. When I was younger, your older brother needed to date the person's older sister to get in the door. You had to be in a clique where people pass each other around. Wierd.

Make a comment even partially regarding sexuality, like, "Yeah, she is cute." and it was you facing some ***** a few days later with stuff like, "Do I know you? You don't know me. What are you talking **** about me for. I have a boyfriend, ok. " In the last 8 years, you get, "Hey, hows it going?"

One thing I do different is I don't hang out with other guys often. I think guys cramp your style with girls. I know guys get jealous and try to talk **** about their friend to do them in. Guys are more girly than girls sometimes. If you are having trouble with girls, see if you have some so-called friend cramping your style.

Larrysümmers
02-08-2011, 04:37 PM
For me, things are easier. I think people are more open. When I was younger, your older brother needed to date the person's older sister to get in the door. You had to be in a clique where people pass each other around. Wierd.

Make a comment even partially regarding sexuality, like, "Yeah, she is cute." and it was you facing some ***** a few days later with stuff like, "Do I know you? You don't know me. What are you talking **** about me for. I have a boyfriend, ok. " In the last 8 years, you get, "Hey, hows it going?"

One thing I do different is I don't hang out with other guys often. I think guys cramp your style with girls. I know guys get jealous and try to talk **** about their friend to do them in. Guys are more girly than girls sometimes. If you are having trouble with girls, see if you have some so-called friend cramping your style.

yeah. i know.. i was with some friends and my girlfriend and my friend would just make stupid comments and stuff like that. i know exactly what you mean.
and before i was dating her and my friend and i would hang out, it was more ***** talking. lol but those are friends

max
02-08-2011, 04:43 PM

This is kind of it in a nutshell.

jester911
02-08-2011, 05:29 PM
So does this mean you were picking them up with no problem before facebook?

It was launched in 2004. So this means you must have had game back in 2003.

maverick66
02-08-2011, 05:34 PM

Where did you live? I have never had that experience. I had the entire different groups thing but never to the point that someone would be argumentative or aggressive for being called cute.

yeah. i know.. i was with some friends and my girlfriend and my friend would just make stupid comments and stuff like that. i know exactly what you mean.
and before i was dating her and my friend and i would hang out, it was more ***** talking. lol but those are friends

I think every guy has been there. When your friend throws you under the bus when you like the same girl. I had to punch a friend in the face once over stupid crap like that once. It was pretty funny when years later I someone mentioned the girl and I didnt even remember her name and my friend had to remind me that it was the one that got him punched in the face. :)

pushing_wins
02-08-2011, 09:54 PM
So does this mean you were picking them up with no problem before facebook?

It was launched in 2004. So this means you must have had game back in 2003.

dude what the point of talking to you?

you dont believe anything i say.

it like opening another can of 5.5 worms.

pushing_wins
02-08-2011, 10:00 PM

no

i like it when it was cliquey.

i like it when it was closed.

i like it when only guys who are willing to crash and burn hard, in front of a crowd, gets the chicks

pushing_wins
02-08-2011, 10:03 PM
got a lead tonite

i was delivering the usual crap. but she was usually friendly.

checked her email. no facebook. go figure. i know it was only a coincidence.

but while i was getting that lead. i miss out on a better one. i m kicking myself. too slow.

thats always a tough decision. do you abandon the one that will likely close for the one that is likely to crash and burn?

Andres
02-09-2011, 03:38 AM
Are you serious?

Is he serious?

Power Player
02-09-2011, 05:24 AM
You asked a girl for her email while picking her up?

SlapShot
02-09-2011, 05:47 AM
Wait....is he still talking about women, or is he doing door to door sales?

matt.flynn60
02-09-2011, 05:53 AM

We have a winner.

r2473
02-09-2011, 07:18 AM
Are you serious?

Is he serious?

PW is just messing around with the "common rabble" as he sees it.

jester911
02-09-2011, 07:22 AM
dude what the point of talking to you?

you dont believe anything i say.

it like opening another can of 5.5 worms.

I think it was a valid question following the logic of your thread title.

If it is harder now with facebook it must have been easier for you before.

Were you even old enough to have game in the prefacebook days?

pushing_wins
02-09-2011, 08:42 AM
Wait....is he still talking about women, or is he doing door to door sales?

pretty much the same thing

you are pushing a product......yourself

pushing_wins
02-09-2011, 08:44 AM
You asked a girl for her email while picking her up?

phone number, email, whatever

just some way to contact them

pushing_wins
02-09-2011, 08:54 AM
I think it was a valid question following the logic of your thread title.

If it is harder now with facebook it must have been easier for you before.

Were you even old enough to have game in the prefacebook days?

if you didnt have some sort of prejudgement about me, you wouldnt be asking that question. the first question.

you can keep asking. but no straight answers will come.

maleyoyo
02-09-2011, 09:16 AM

500 million people may disagree with you.

pushing_wins
02-09-2011, 09:34 AM
500 million people may disagree with you.

goldman is trying to dump facebook shares on the public

why would they do that?

maleyoyo
02-09-2011, 10:18 AM
goldman is trying to dump facebook shares on the public

why would they do that?

So they are doing that because it's harder to find women to date?
Me thinks, it's a business decision and we have no idea why they do what they do.

pushing_wins
02-09-2011, 10:22 AM
So they are doing that because it's harder to find women to date?
Me thinks, it's a business decision and we have no idea why they do what they do.

me thinks

pump and dump

maleyoyo
02-09-2011, 12:27 PM
^^^
Me thinks they are making a big mistake. Facebook's potential and applications are still unknown. There are countries that ban it, and look at what happened in Egypt. A revolution was started and controlled via Facebook.
What will they think of next? Technology is like most anything else, a tool. It can be used and abused.
If one knows how to exploit it, the possibilities are endless.

pushing_wins
02-09-2011, 12:40 PM
^^^
Me thinks they are making a big mistake. Facebook's potential and applications are still unknown. There are countries that ban it, and look at what happened in Egypt. A revolution was started and controlled via Facebook.
What will they think of next? Technology is like most anything else, a tool. It can be used and abused.
If one knows how to exploit it, the possibilities are endless.

me bet on goldman

maleyoyo
02-09-2011, 12:42 PM
me bet on goldman

The same goldman that WE bailed out not so long ago?

pushing_wins
02-09-2011, 12:43 PM
Nice to meet you. In an odd way really... I should let you know in advance that i am ok with meeting new people but am not looking to date. So i just want to make that clear upfront.

her response..........cut bait or keep digging? i was clear with my intentions.

pushing_wins
02-09-2011, 12:44 PM
The same goldman that WE bailed out not so long ago?

my degree in finance and CFA thinks to bet on goldman

me thinking talking finance here is a waste of time

max
02-09-2011, 12:44 PM
It's comments like some of the above that make me feel good: I have good, old-fashioned people skills---and they become more effective and more valuable the more social morons there are out there.

maleyoyo
02-09-2011, 12:48 PM
^^^
Rule number 1: Never let your enemy know what you are really thinking.

pushing_wins
02-09-2011, 12:52 PM
^^^

how bout letting them know they are your enemy?

who are enemies here?

maleyoyo
02-09-2011, 12:53 PM
It's comments like some of the above that make me feel good: I have good, old-fashioned people skills---and they become more effective and more valuable the more social morons there are out there.

Depends on what your goal is. Quantity or quality.

maleyoyo
02-09-2011, 12:55 PM
how bout letting them know they are your enemy?

who are enemies here?

You just don't. It's a war you want to win, namely a date, right? Who else is the enemy?

pushing_wins
02-09-2011, 12:58 PM
You just don't. It's a war you want to win, namely a date, right? Who else is the enemy?

dude

mind games are such a waste of time

plenty of fish. cut bait and move on to the next one. if they engage in mind game, your time is better spent on someone else.

look at my earlier post . see her reply. what would you do?

maleyoyo
02-09-2011, 01:07 PM
^^^
wouldn't that depend on how badly you want to date her?

pushing_wins
02-09-2011, 01:56 PM
^^^
wouldn't that depend on how badly you want to date her?

i couldnt tell you. i know nothing about her. in terms of apperance, she is not different than the girl i met today.

however, she is usually friendly. but experience has taught me overly friendly is not necesary a good sign.

pushing_wins
02-09-2011, 01:59 PM
^^^

exactly my point about goldman

u have no clue what they are thinking.

r2473
02-09-2011, 02:56 PM
my degree in finance and CFA
me thinking talking finance here is a waste of time

Not for us. We could learn a lot from someone with your background.

A college degree AND you passed a certification exam? You probably like so totally run Goldman I bet dude. Killer.

But in all seriousness, reading your posts is always entertaining. I would love to see you "operate" in person some day. I'm sure it would be a treat on so many levels.

pushing_wins
02-09-2011, 03:07 PM
Not for us. We could learn a lot from someone with your background.

A college degree AND you passed a certification exam? You probably like so totally run Goldman I bet dude. Killer.

But in all seriousness, reading your posts is always entertaining. I would love to see you "operate" in person some day. I'm sure it would be a treat on so many levels.

dude i m a tennis player. i m consitent and boring. copy paste and repeat.

i've had enough finance talks in my life.

where is your location? lets hit

Manus Domini
02-09-2011, 03:22 PM
dude

plenty of fish. cut bait and move on to the next one. if they engage in mind game, your time is better spent on someone else.

Do you really see girls as tools to be exploited and means to ends? That's what it seems like...

pushing_wins
02-09-2011, 03:26 PM
Do you really see girls as tools to be exploited and means to ends? That's what it seems like...

no, not at all.

thanks for not prejudging.

btw, my success rate is very low. i think i do it cause it is kind of hard. and also its a test of my personal philosophies.

heycal
02-09-2011, 03:46 PM
I'm still fuzzy on your theory here... Why does FB make it harder to score?

pushing_wins
02-09-2011, 04:20 PM
I'm still fuzzy on your theory here... Why does FB make it harder to score?

my presumption is:

people that wouldnt normally hit on women in person willl do so online.

similar to profanity on youtube comments. they wouldnt be as rude in person.

do you agree with my presumption?

Manus Domini
02-09-2011, 05:24 PM
no, not at all.

thanks for not prejudging.

btw, my success rate is very low. i think i do it cause it is kind of hard. and also its a test of my personal philosophies.

so then a game?

I'm confused...:-|

heycal
02-09-2011, 06:36 PM
my presumption is:

people that wouldnt normally hit on women in person willl do so online.

similar to profanity on youtube comments. they wouldnt be as rude in person.

do you agree with my presumption?

Sure, I'll buy this. I agree that people are bolder on the internet than in person.

So how does that translate into making it harder for you to pick up women? Are you saying chicks are dating these formerly shy guys, and thus there are fewer on the market for you, or what? (Personally speaking, I don't think Facebook or the internet has had any effect either way on my own dating life.)

max
02-09-2011, 06:38 PM
dude

I agree with this entirely. A great many women feel they show a kind of emotional maturity by "controlling" their men. They play mind games. Fact of the matter is that there really ARE plenty of fish in the sea, and it's good to move on when you see a danger sign like this: it's wrong to think there's just --sigh---ONE woman ("my soulmate!") for you.

Being able to shrug off a chick does give you some reasonable power in the deal, instead of leaving you hanging on your own hook.

pushing_wins
02-09-2011, 06:51 PM
Sure, I'll buy this. I agree that people are bolder on the internet than in person.

So how does that translate into making it harder for you to pick up women? Are you saying chicks are dating these formerly shy guys, and thus there are fewer on the market for you, or what? (Personally speaking, I don't think Facebook or the internet has had any effect either way on my own dating life.)

thats my theory

more players in the market. it cuts into profits.

e_bay takes sales from malls

real estate sites takes sales from real estate agent

markets are harder to trade because of online trading and more accessible real time financial information. in the old days, only the big boys/MM had access to those tools.

pushing_wins
02-09-2011, 06:54 PM
so then a game?

I'm confused...:-|

sociology study, idk

SoBad
02-09-2011, 08:00 PM
thats my theory

markets are harder to trade because of online trading and more accessible real time financial information. in the old days, only the big boys/MM had access to those tools.

Online sales hurt physical retail by enabling computer-literate consumers to get a wider selection of better products at lower cost. In other words, internet cut out the parasitic layer in retail that made their living by preying on the consumers’ gullibility and inadequate access to product information – a win-win for honest manufacturers/retailers and diligent consumers alike. Do you reckon the impact on the dating environment was different in some way?

pushing_wins
02-09-2011, 08:17 PM
Online sales hurt physical retail by enabling computer-literate consumers to get a wider selection of better products at lower cost. In other words, internet cut out the parasitic layer in retail that made their living by preying on the consumers’ gullibility and inadequate access to product information – a win-win for honest manufacturers/retailers and diligent consumers alike. Do you reckon the impact on the dating environment was different in some way?

the market is more efficient. i agree. its a redistribution of wealth. society benefits as a whole.

my observation is ...........the way i m rejected is somewhat different nowadays. it feels like they have already been asked 10 times already.

SoBad
02-09-2011, 08:36 PM
the market is more efficient. i agree. its a redistribution of wealth. society benefits as a whole.

my observation is ...........the way i m rejected is somewhat different nowadays. it feels like they have already been asked 10 times already.

Change is inevitable, that is what passage of time is about, isn’t it. And yet observing correlation over time is not enough to establish a causative link, is it.

pushing_wins
02-09-2011, 08:54 PM
Change is inevitable, that is what passage of time is about, isn’t it. And yet observing correlation over time is not enough to establish a causative link, is it.

no its is not. just an educated guess. not deductive proof.

stanton warrior
02-10-2011, 12:58 AM
thats my theory

It seems you can't handle the additional competition :)

As far as I'm concerned I'm definately a beneficiary of the whole internet dating stuff. Just love the idea to get some dates during work and getting paid for it 8-)

zacinnc78
02-10-2011, 02:10 AM
no its is not. just an educated guess. not deductive proof.
maybe you just need to get with the program and see what ther guys who have success on facebook are doing better then u lol

(ps im not on facebook btw so i might be full of it)

jester911
02-10-2011, 02:18 AM
if you didnt have some sort of prejudgement about me, you wouldnt be asking that question. the first question.

you can keep asking. but no straight answers will come.

You seem to be the one with prejudgement. You presume to know what I think but that is only a presumption. The only thing I point out is the obvious.
In this thread like others you post you avoid answering relevant questions that are asked that are directly related to the thread you posted.

My only judgement is you like to ask questions but don't like to answer them.

sapient007
02-10-2011, 04:58 AM
i've found that womman's def for "pretty boy" has greatly increased since the popularity of internet. i used to only have to buy 2 beers for a random girl at a bar to have sex with me convinced that i'm a "pretty boy"..now i'm up to 7-8 beers and maybe a slip of an ambient in their 8th beer for insurance.

stanton warrior
02-10-2011, 05:12 AM
i've found that womman's def for "pretty boy" has greatly increased since the popularity of internet. i used to only have to buy 2 beers for a random girl at a bar to have sex with me convinced that i'm a "pretty boy"..now i'm up to 7-8 beers and maybe a slip of an ambient in their 8th beer for insurance.

it could be that or either one of those:

- you got that much uglier (around factor 3-4)

- the women are lot more hard-drinking these days

- the beer got that much worse (watered down)

heycal
02-10-2011, 07:37 AM

What is your age? This would be helpful information.

In any event, don't despair. Could just be a rough patch. In some ways I do better with women as an older man than I did as a younger one. (And no, I'm not wealthy.)

Power Player
02-10-2011, 08:26 AM
Are you talking about dating or meeting girls on the internet? It's a waste of time to invest in meeting girls online unless you have the free time and are bored.

The reason is because girls who are not that hot get hit on constantly because they have a good photo, and develop high standards that they do not really deserve to have. If you see these girls out in public, you probably would not hit on them, but in online dating, you will probably spend time emailing them and settign up a date only to be let down when you finally get one.

It's much easier to go about meeting girls in person because they will not judge you from a picture you threw up in 2 minutes, and instead will see how you carry yourself and what kind of confidence you give off. Also, real life is real life. A girl who is overweight and kind of a shut in is not going to get attention from guys until she gets in shape and learns to interact in a social situation. Online, she can make some well angled photos, get bombed with emails and will grow addicted to that and think she is hot stuff. Do you really want to deal with that type of nonsense?

I am not sure exactly what this thread is about, but I figured I'd drop in some helpful advice seems PWins seems to want some.

pushing_wins
02-10-2011, 11:05 AM
Are you talking about dating or meeting girls on the internet? It's a waste of time to invest in meeting girls online unless you have the free time and are bored.

The reason is because girls who are not that hot get hit on constantly because they have a good photo, and develop high standards that they do not really deserve to have. If you see these girls out in public, you probably would not hit on them, but in online dating, you will probably spend time emailing them and settign up a date only to be let down when you finally get one.

It's much easier to go about meeting girls in person because they will not judge you from a picture you threw up in 2 minutes, and instead will see how you carry yourself and what kind of confidence you give off. Also, real life is real life. A girl who is overweight and kind of a shut in is not going to get attention from guys until she gets in shape and learns to interact in a social situation. Online, she can make some well angled photos, get bombed with emails and will grow addicted to that and think she is hot stuff. Do you really want to deal with that type of nonsense?

I am not sure exactly what this thread is about, but I figured I'd drop in some helpful advice seems PWins seems to want some.

thanks , but you are missing the point

pushing_wins
02-10-2011, 11:11 AM
It seems you can't handle the additional competition :)

As far as I'm concerned I'm definately a beneficiary of the whole internet dating stuff. Just love the idea to get some dates during work and getting paid for it 8-)

ok

let me ask you

random add on facebook..............average number of correspondence to get a date?

friend of friend.............same question

pushing_wins
02-10-2011, 11:19 AM
maybe you just need to get with the program and see what ther guys who have success on facebook are doing better then u lol

(ps im not on facebook btw so i might be full of it)

for a person that has game, fb is harder than in person.

there is still a stigma about cyber. its take more time to build a rapport online. much more efficient to do it in person.

stanton warrior
02-10-2011, 11:48 AM
ok

let me ask you

random add on facebook..............average number of correspondence to get a date?

friend of friend.............same question

I'm not using facebook for things like that, I've got not a single friend on fb I've not met in person before.

I'm currently spending my time is on a relatively small website (compared to fb) that's not really intended to hook up, more for general chatting. And no, I won't give you the url :)

Anyway, I got two dates within the last 10 days, and I wasn't even trying hard. In those 10 days I probably wrote to about a dozen women, and 4 or 5 wrote me.

Power Player
02-10-2011, 11:51 AM
thanks , but you are missing the point

Thats the thing, you are so vague. You said ever since facebook has started, you struggle with picking up women. Women get hit on via facebook all the time now. I get that. It still should not have anything to do with you or your "game" in real life.

Now you are asking stanton if he can pick up a girl off a random add on facebook. Once again, I don't know why you would care if you are indeed picking up women in real life.

pushing_wins
02-10-2011, 11:56 AM
Thats the thing, you are so vague. You said ever since facebook has started, you struggle with picking up women. Women get hit on via facebook all the time now. I get that. It still should not have anything to do with you or your "game" in real life.

Now you are asking stanton if he can pick up a girl off a random add on facebook. Once again, I don't know why you would care if you are indeed picking up women in real life.

sorry about the vagueness. my bad. i m kinda lazy. i want something for nothing.

pushing_wins
02-10-2011, 11:58 AM
I'm not using facebook for things like that, I've got not a single friend on fb I've not met in person before.

I'm currently spending my time is on a relatively small website (compared to fb) that's not really intended to hook up, more for general chatting. And no, I won't give you the url :)

Anyway, I got two dates within the last 10 days, and I wasn't even trying hard. In those 10 days I probably wrote to about a dozen women, and 4 or 5 wrote me.

those are very vague stats.

last 10 days. how many messages back and forth?

pushing_wins
02-10-2011, 12:00 PM
You seem to be the one with prejudgement. You presume to know what I think but that is only a presumption. The only thing I point out is the obvious.
In this thread like others you post you avoid answering relevant questions that are asked that are directly related to the thread you posted.

My only judgement is you like to ask questions but don't like to answer them.

noted and thanks

r2473
02-10-2011, 12:25 PM
Wasn't there a recent thread were we all gave our expert advice on how to "pick up the babes"?

I believe we decided that most guys on TT spend a lot of time jerking off in the sink.

Power Player
02-10-2011, 12:31 PM
Pwins, Are you under 35? Just curious.

BRB, cleaning my sink......again.

pushing_wins
02-10-2011, 12:32 PM
Wasn't there a recent thread were we all gave our expert advice on how to "pick up the babes"?

I believe we decided that most guys on TT spend a lot of time jerking off in the sink.

getting leads not getting laid

closing the deal after you a lead is another can of worms

pushing_wins
02-10-2011, 12:33 PM
Pwins, Are you under 35? Just curious.

BRB, cleaning my sink......again.

lol. yeah.

u called me a creep on my 5.5 thread

how bout that chopin dude? he even creeps me out

heycal
02-10-2011, 02:35 PM
how bout that chopin dude? he even creeps me out

Yeah, but he cleans up with the chicks on FB.

Age, son?

heycal
02-10-2011, 02:39 PM
Speaking of having game, and technology, and succeeding with women:

If you can't text, it may be harder to score with the ladies. Ideally you need to be able to match whatever their appetite for texting is, and be able to flirt and seduce in under 160 characters.

pushing_wins
02-10-2011, 02:49 PM
Yeah, but he cleans up with the chicks on FB.

Age, son?

does he play tennis?

onehandbh
02-10-2011, 03:05 PM
flirt and seduce in under 160 characters.

That will be the title of my next book. j/k

pushing_wins
02-10-2011, 03:07 PM
That will be the title of my next book. j/k

my line in person is under 20 charaters.

i mean, they either like you or they dont, their mind is made up.

r2473
02-10-2011, 04:13 PM
my line in person is under 20 charaters.

i mean, they either like you or they dont, their mind is made up.

What is your "under 20 characters line" that you spring on the gals in person?

Anyway, it sounds like too many judging from your success rate. Try cutting it down to 10......"me likey you"

pushing_wins
02-10-2011, 06:05 PM
What is your "under 20 characters line" that you spring on the gals in person?

Anyway, it sounds like too many judging from your success rate. Try cutting it down to 10......"me likey you"

lol

thats very similar to what i say.

repeat it 100000 times. something has to hit.

couple of years ago, girls would be "wtf, are u serious"

nowadays, get away you creep

stanton warrior
02-10-2011, 07:21 PM
those are very vague stats.

last 10 days. how many messages back and forth?

Of course it vague, it's no science.

It really depends on the women, somtimes it's just 10 messages, sometimes over hundred.

pushing_wins
02-10-2011, 08:36 PM
Of course it vague, it's no science.

It really depends on the women, somtimes it's just 10 messages, sometimes over hundred.

i was asking you to count or give me an estimate.

its a sample.

last 10 days, 2 dates, how many messages did it take?

you do not see the relevance of my request?

Chopin
02-10-2011, 08:39 PM
When you boys could be talking about beautiful women, you're instead talking about Chopin. Love it.

stanton warrior
02-10-2011, 09:11 PM
i was asking you to count or give me an estimate.

its a sample.

last 10 days, 2 dates, how many messages did it take?

you do not see the relevance of my request?

In total? Probably 300.

But I wasn't about getting a date, I did the whole thing to kill time, nothing else.
I was actually surprised when, while at work, one of them asked me if I was interested in a date. Up to that point I had no intentions hooking up that way.

On top of that she really wasn't the kind of women that would have any troubles getting a guy.

pushing_wins
02-10-2011, 10:41 PM
In total? Probably 300.

But I wasn't about getting a date, I did the whole thing to kill time, nothing else.
I was actually surprised when, while at work, one of them asked me if I was interested in a date. Up to that point I had no intentions hooking up that way.

On top of that she really wasn't the kind of women that would have any troubles getting a guy.

ic. thanks for responding.

i have a further question. 300 messages to how many different women?

stanton warrior
02-10-2011, 10:51 PM
ic. thanks for responding.

i have a further question. 300 messages to how many different women?
In total about 15.

But as my focus was more on getting entertained and not getting laid (which is kind of hard at work :)), I stopped writing as soon as I felt like they had nothing to tell.

I think I also ****ed off at least two after a handful of messages, mostly because I'm sometimes to honest.

To one of them I write pretty much every day since 3 weeks. She's got a boyfriend and I got someone else on my mind too, but we still like each other a lot. Funny enough she lives just a mile or so from my place, which we found out after like 50 message :)

pushing_wins
02-10-2011, 11:48 PM
In total about 15.

But as my focus was more on getting entertained and not getting laid (which is kind of hard at work :)), I stopped writing as soon as I felt like they had nothing to tell.

I think I also ****ed off at least two after a handful of messages, mostly because I'm sometimes to honest.

To one of them I write pretty much every day since 3 weeks. She's got a boyfriend and I got someone else on my mind too, but we still like each other a lot. Funny enough she lives just a mile or so from my place, which we found out after like 50 message :)

you are well diversified with 15 girls. on average, 2 message to each girl per day. after 10 days, 2 dates.
based on that, i would say that a worthwhile pursuit.

however, factor in the risk of a misleading photograhy, i would have second thoughts.

i still think......for a person with reasonably high standard, in person is the way to go.

best of luck to you on your date. pleases keep us posted

stanton warrior
02-10-2011, 11:55 PM
you are well diversified with 15 girls. on average, 2 message to each girl per day. after 10 days, 2 dates.
based on that, i would say that a worthwhile pursuit.

however, factor in the risk of a misleading photograhy, i would have second thoughts.

i still think......for a person with reasonably high standard, in person is the way to go.

best of luck to you on your date. pleases keep us posted

Well actually I'm not that kind of guy. I never pretended anything to a women, and don't intent in ever doing so.

If I wanted to I'd probably gotten laid a two days ago when I had one girl I met online at my place. Well, actually we were having a drink at a bar and watched a movie at my place later on. Before we got too close on the couch I told her that I don't consider it a date.

She's an amazing person, cute too, and just 20 years old. But my heart belongs to someone else (I met her in person), not sure if it's ever going to work, I might find out this weekend, one way or the other. As long as I don't know whetever it's hopeless or not I can't and won't touch any other woman, that's for sure.

And no, I won't keep you posted :D

pushing_wins
02-11-2011, 12:03 AM
Well actually I'm not that kind of guy. I never pretended anything to a women and don't intent in ever doing so.

If I wanted to I'd probably gotten laid a two days ago when I had one girl I met online at my place. Well, actually we were having a drink at a bar and watched a movie at my place later on. Before we got too close on the couch I told her that I don't consider it a date.

She's an amazing person, cute too, and just 20 years old. But my heart belongs to someone else, not sure if it's ever going to work, I might found at this weekend, one way or the other. As long as I don't know for sure I won't touch any other woman, that's for sure.

And no, I won't keep you posted :D

why did you go out with that chick you met online?

stanton warrior
02-11-2011, 12:06 AM
why did you go out with that chick you met online?

Because at 20 she's been through more than most 40-year olds, I had many questions, and she doesn't live that far from my city.

It was curiosity, on both sides. Now it's probably more, at least from her end. I wouldn't be surprised if a friendship developed.

pushing_wins
02-11-2011, 12:12 AM
Because at 20 she's been through more than most 40-year olds, I had many questions, and she doesn't live that far from my city.

It was curiosity, on both sides. Now it's probably more, at least from her end. I wouldn't be surprised if a friendship developed.

if you wanted to only talk, couldnt you just talk online?

watch a movie together. thats kinda weird. we are talking, but i wouldnt want to watch a movie with you.

jmho

stanton warrior
02-11-2011, 12:22 AM
if you wanted to only talk, couldnt you just talk online?

watch a movie together. thats kinda weird. we are talking, but i wouldnt want to watch a movie with you.

jmho

You can't seriously compare writing to talking.
Besides, she told me that it wouldn't take her 15 minutes to get to the city where I live and that she hasn't much do to anyway.

That's why we went to the bar first, to get to know each other at a neutral place.
There we talked for over an hour, after only a few minutes it was mostly about deep things, not the usual trivial stuff.
It's a strange feeling to share feelings like that with a stranger, but in this case it felt very good, to both of us.

The thing with the movie was more a cooincidence. At some point we talked about movies, she told me that she liked horror movies. Accidentally I had downloaded the second part of one of her favorites (the descent) a few days earlier and hadn't seen it myself.

So I asked her whetever she wanted to watch it with me, she agreed. So two hours later we were smoking some j*ints together and enjoying the movie. Good times :)

And for the record, I wouldn't watch a movie with you either, no offense :D

Andres
02-11-2011, 04:19 AM
I like this thread.

Well-mannered goggy is paying attenshun!

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/2/10/b786d0d4-93ab-43ff-8e0a-1cbd48e550bb.jpg

Sentinel
02-11-2011, 04:37 AM
^^ lol

they say every gog has his gay.

stanton warrior
02-11-2011, 04:40 AM
I like this thread.

Well-mannered goggy is paying attenshun!

At first I was thinking "WTH is a goggy?".

Now that I googled it I'm thinking, "WTH is a well-mannered goggy?".

Can you elaborate? :D

pushing_wins
02-11-2011, 09:46 AM
You can't seriously compare writing to talking.
Besides, she told me that it wouldn't take her 15 minutes to get to the city where I live and that she hasn't much do to anyway.

That's why we went to the bar first, to get to know each other at a neutral place.
There we talked for over an hour, after only a few minutes it was mostly about deep things, not the usual trivial stuff.
It's a strange feeling to share feelings like that with a stranger, but in this case it felt very good, to both of us.

The thing with the movie was more a cooincidence. At some point we talked about movies, she told me that she liked horror movies. Accidentally I had downloaded the second part of one of her favorites (the descent) a few days earlier and hadn't seen it myself.

So I asked her whetever she wanted to watch it with me, she agreed. So two hours later we were smoking some j*ints together and enjoying the movie. Good times :)

And for the record, I wouldn't watch a movie with you either, no offense :D

weird

not my cup of tea

stanton warrior
02-11-2011, 09:49 AM
weird

not my cup of tea

Your loss :D

pushing_wins
02-11-2011, 09:50 AM
^^ lol

they say every gog has his gay.

lol

10char

pushing_wins
02-11-2011, 09:53 AM
Your loss :D

i noticed a pattern about you

i have develop a knack for spotting pattern and inconsistencies from experience with getting leads.

stanton warrior
02-11-2011, 09:59 AM
i noticed a pattern about you

i have develop a knack for spotting pattern and inconsistencies from experience with getting leads.

Whatever. It's obvious we do pretty much anything different.

Andres
02-11-2011, 11:54 PM

Goggy = Goggy
Well-mannered = adj (well mannered when postpositive) having good manners; courteous; polite

stanton warrior
02-12-2011, 12:45 AM
Goggy = Goggy
Well-mannered = adj (well mannered when postpositive) having good manners; courteous; polite
Personally I never made it past attributing 'haircuts' and <can't spell it out>. But maybe I should start with the personal traits... :D

heycal
02-12-2011, 06:47 AM
I remember when this thread used to be good...

pushing_wins
02-12-2011, 01:12 PM
Personally I never made it past attributing 'haircuts' and <can't spell it out>. But maybe I should start with the personal traits... :D

huh?

10 char

eliza
02-12-2011, 02:37 PM
thats what i mean

35 year old virgins who would never go up to a girl in a club are having a field day on facebook.

girls, nowadays, are desensitized to getting picked-up . they have all these loser guys annoying them online. before, i would get rejected but they would be flattered. now, they just feel annoyed.

its not like the old days. i'd wake up, go get coffee and come back with 5 leads.

or maybe the real reason is i m just getting old and ugly.

Or maybe is b/c is married with two children at home, or a player, or a total loser, or a combination thereof ....that kind of annoys single ladies....

pushing_wins
02-12-2011, 03:46 PM
Or maybe is b/c is married with two children at home, or a player, or a total loser, or a combination thereof ....that kind of annoys single ladies....

nah its fb

Sentinel
02-13-2011, 04:15 AM

well-mannered goggy is a goggy who was not paying attenshun in English class.

maverick66
02-13-2011, 08:14 AM

I agree he should be looking for bored housewives. They love those kind of things.:)

pushing_wins
02-13-2011, 01:04 PM
I agree he should be looking for bored housewives. They love those kind of things.:)

nah, i have standards

i dont hit with anyone below 4.5

stanton warrior
02-16-2011, 03:01 AM
I've never been a big fan of Facebook, but since today I see it a bit different.
In cases where you don't have a phonenumber/email and for some reason can't or don't want to get it, it can make all the difference.

But I guess to have some sort of success you should've met the person before you write.
That way you are more than just another horny idiot on the internet. Depending on the individual in question, of course.

Sentinel
02-16-2011, 03:05 AM
ever since facebook came along, it been harder to pickup women

maybe, we in India, can use facebook to reduce our population.??

heycal
02-16-2011, 07:34 AM
But I guess to have some sort of success you should've met the person before you write.
That way you are more than just another horny idiot on the internet. Depending on the individual in question, of course.

This raises a question that came to my mind earlier. How and why is anyone trying to pick up women via Facebook? Who are you hitting on exactly, friends of friends or something?

Someone take me through it, please.

pushing_wins
02-16-2011, 09:18 AM
ever since facebook came along, it been harder to pickup women

maybe, we in India, can use facebook to reduce our population.??

why do you always talk in some hidden code?

does it make you smarter?