PDA

View Full Version : SAP Open Veetle commentator?

Jonny S&V
02-08-2011, 04:54 PM
Ok, I've never really thought about making a thread about bashing a commentator (I leave that to other people), but seriously, who is this guy?! Note, I can't turn the sound off because I get my enjoyment out of tennis by hearing the ball off pro's racquets. Talk amongst yourselves...

Here's the link:

http://www.sapopentennis.com/matchcenter.asp

SuperDuy
02-08-2011, 05:01 PM
thanks for that, is that on the right a shot tracker? thats amazing thanks for link. btw the commentater sucks.

BobFL
02-08-2011, 05:05 PM
"OK, let's do it. Second set!" Really? The worst commentating ever.

PS: He will be commentating 2 more days. He is out on Thu...

forthegame
02-08-2011, 05:10 PM
Talks too much. Nishikori's elbow surgery has worked so well, it's like kryptonite??? SMH..

Reminds me of one of the Bible stories about people who use too many words...

forthegame
02-08-2011, 05:12 PM
Terribly Nishikori fanboyistic too! Even when he misses, he praises him!

Jonny S&V
02-08-2011, 05:12 PM
*After being unable to return a drop shot from Hajek*

"Man, look at that. To be young and able to do that. That's just speed. That's just speed. Actually, that's quickness, pure quickness."

:x :cry:

SoBad
02-08-2011, 07:39 PM
I watched a little bit of the Nishikori match and I agree. He's almost worse than Gimelstob. Hopefully this commentator is a close relative or a lover of a tournament sponsor or organizer, because I'd hate to think that the trauma of having to listen to this is being inflicted upon innocent viewers for no sensible reason.

flyinghippos101
02-08-2011, 07:57 PM
He's having such a hard time getting Raonic's name down, its hilarious.

SuperDuy
02-09-2011, 08:41 AM
meal-o-sh ray-o-nich

flyinghippos101
02-09-2011, 10:11 AM
Earlier he was calling his milod rayjerknick

PCXL-Fan
02-09-2011, 02:39 PM
I watched a little bit of the Nishikori match and I agree. He's almost worse than Gimelstob. Hopefully this commentator is a close relative or a lover of a tournament sponsor or organizer, because I'd hate to think that the trauma of having to listen to this is being inflicted upon innocent viewers for no sensible reason.

Beautiful post sobad. :lol:

Murray_fan1
02-09-2011, 06:01 PM
This guy is terrible!!!! Cheesy McCheeserson!!!

flyinghippos101
02-09-2011, 06:11 PM
This is easily one of those "so bad, yet so good" things

SoBad
02-09-2011, 08:40 PM
Beautiful post sobad. :lol:

Thank you thank you I aim to please:D I'll follow this week no matter what - "Sweeney" might be gone but "Barakis" stays strong, thanks commentator.:confused:

Jonny S&V
02-09-2011, 08:45 PM
I'm pretty sure this guy just said "WimbleTon"... Oy vey...

SoBad
02-09-2011, 08:51 PM
I'm pretty sure this guy just said "WimbleTon"... Oy vey...

At first I thought he had trouble pronouncing foreign words. As the week progressed it has become clear that he has trouble pronouncing English words as well.

SuperDuy
02-10-2011, 08:03 AM
He is what your user name is ^

BobFL
02-10-2011, 10:12 AM
Wow. Wow. Beautiful. Wow. Wow. Beautiful.

Ok, ok, here we go, here we go, right here, right now?!?!

You can comment any sport like that. Disaster.

forthegame
02-10-2011, 10:22 AM
"Istomin's gonna flick the switch on it..."

forthegame
02-10-2011, 10:24 AM
Seriously, what's he smokin'? The greatest players in the world are at San Jose??

forthegame
02-10-2011, 10:28 AM
"Big, big.." reminds me of that 'madam' from the Tiger Woods documentary.

Sreeram
02-10-2011, 11:00 AM
guys if you dont like him, just put it on mute. I love his commentry, he rocks. Please dont bash him. He is better than commentators who talk about the outcome of match rather than the technicalities of each point. He talks about every move perfectly. Lost of knowledge. You guys will come bashing against everyone, loosers, if one creates a thread stating how to insult my oponent as he plays a level lowers than me then i know there will be 1000 ideas.
I want this guy to be part of US open.

Sreeram
02-10-2011, 11:04 AM
I understand he speaks a bit more than others, but it is useful, lots of technicalities, he tells the merit of every move. Again opinion differs, i dont think i know much about tennis than him so I can listen to him. But there are few proud 1.0 players who think they know better, let them put it on mute instead of abusing him. Guys learn to be humble, even Fed has a coach because there is so much to learn.

Fedace
02-10-2011, 11:04 AM
guys if you dont like him, just put it on mute. I love his commentry, he rocks. Please dont bash him. He is better than commentators who talk about the outcome of match rather than the technicalities of each point. He talks about every move perfectly. Lost of knowledge. You guys will come bashing against everyone, loosers, if one creates a thread stating how to insult my oponent as he plays a level lowers than me then i know there will be 1000 ideas.
I want this guy to be part of US open.

Agree. I think he is really funny. Sold of like Cliff Drysdale Silly comments that turn into funnies that was unintensional........:)

Fedace
02-10-2011, 11:14 AM
Hillarious,,,he wants Raonic to win this tournament. blew away James Blake apparently in previous round.. serving 143 mph,,,,,looking unbeatable.

Fedace
02-10-2011, 11:20 AM
Someone sneezed really loud. and he thinks players should ask for a Let call over that.

BobFL
02-10-2011, 11:30 AM
A let? I am calling loooooooooooooooooool over that comment :D

Djokovicfan4life
02-10-2011, 11:35 AM
Jonny, now you know how I feel when I watch a match with Justin Gimelstob or Barry Mackay.

Jonny S&V
02-10-2011, 11:50 AM
Jonny, now you know how I feel when I watch a match with Justin Gimelstob or Barry Mackay.

They don't even talk as much as this guy. Seriously, who is this? He's not insightful at all, not witty, and he talks DURING points... Apparently, Verdasco's forehand is godly...

Fedace
02-10-2011, 11:58 AM
They don't even talk as much as this guy. Seriously, who is this? He's not insightful at all, not witty, and he talks DURING points... Apparently, Verdasco's forehand is godly...

Yea, he is Awsome,,,isn't he ?? One of the most talented commentators to come along in years....
He keeps on saying this is his last day of commentating for SAP open. tennis channel taking over tomorrow. If you guys like him so much You can hear him alot more on www.radiotennis.com
He does challengers and college tennis events on that site.:):)

Fedace
02-10-2011, 12:21 PM
By Far the Funniest Comment by this guy:
After a really long point by Nishikori and Smycek,,,,,He saids "Kei taking longer break after that long tough point,,,,,really sucking air after that one.......Yea,,he is trying get some H2O into his Lungs............"

LOL,,,,H2O ????????????? he is trying to get more water into his lungs ???

Fee
02-10-2011, 12:49 PM
Ken is doing the commentary? Oh man... yeah he is, well. He just is. He performs a valuable service doing the radio tennis thing at Futures and Challenger events that would normally get no coverage, but yes, he talks too much, he butchers player names regularly, he cannot get basic facts about players right, he insults them freely, and he contradicts himself frequently. I would definitely go insane listening to him comment on a match I was watching, but his commentary kind of works for radio when there is no video.

jhick
02-10-2011, 01:21 PM
By Far the Funniest Comment by this guy:
After a really long point by Nishikori and Smycek,,,,,He saids "Kei taking longer break after that long tough point,,,,,really sucking air after that one.......Yea,,he is trying get some H2O into his Lungs............"

LOL,,,,H2O ????????????? he is trying to get more water into his lungs ???

Nishikori plays much better when he's being waterboarded.

jhick
02-10-2011, 01:29 PM
Why does he keep pronouncing Yonex (Yoh-nex) wrong? I've never heard anyone say it that way.

JustBob
02-10-2011, 02:34 PM
After a forehand winner...

"Wow! (pause) How is that for tennis commentary! Wow!"

That guy is hilariously bad. He belongs in some 'B' tennis movie.

Jonny S&V
02-10-2011, 04:45 PM
Why does he keep pronouncing Yonex (Yoh-nex) wrong? I've never heard anyone say it that way.

That's how I say it, must be a mid-west thing...

http://www.kenthomas.name/about.htm

That's his website. He needs to stick to radio...