PDA

View Full Version : *Rant* Rage of UPS

Fuji
02-10-2011, 07:00 PM
Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this, but I was fairly upset today!

I ordered a new bag from TW, and shipped it to Western Canada through UPS. It was my first order, and I thought UPS was supposibly a reliable, customer friendly service. The order said 1-3 days, that was true. It was here in Alberta in 2 days, but getting my package was neigh impossible. The first day, the delivery person said that they came via internet at 6:42pm. I was home, with my front door open sitting near the door from the hours of 5-8. Not a SINGLE truck came through, let alone a delivery person. Of course, no notice was left for my pick up. So delivery 2 rolls around. I called UPS and they said my order WILL be coming after 5pm. I had school from 8am until 3:30pm. When I came home, there was a notice in my mailbox saying that the delivery came at 2:36. That is obviously before I got home, and well before 5pm.

At least I had gotten a notice. So day 3 of my package rolls around, and I have to drive for over an hour to get to the UPS headquarters in my city. When I show up, they say I owe them money for not being home to pick up my parcel. I honestly couldn't believe them. Needless to say, after 3 extra days of my package being in town, It was a goose chase to get it. UPS customer service center was great and very considerate, but the actual service was awful for me. I will be very cautious of shipping Via UPS again.

Sorry for the long rant, but I had some rage LOL!

Anyone else have weird stories with UPS?

-Fuji

Steady Eddy
02-10-2011, 07:05 PM
I've NEVER home when UPS comes by. That's ok, they just put in on my front step and it's there when I get home.

They don't worry about it getting stolen, and apparently that's not a problem even though I live in 'high crime' Arizona. I'm really surprised they don't just leave it outdoors w/ you living in Canada. If Michael Moore can be trusted, I thought there was NO crime up there.

maverick66
02-10-2011, 07:11 PM

I had one come to my apartment laughing because he caught the girl living below me making out with her boyfriend and scared the crap out of them. :)

Fuji
02-10-2011, 07:14 PM
Eddy, I know! I thought that they would just leave it out. My neighbor has literally 8-10 boxes that cover her entire door left out, but my 3 foot parcel, has to be taken away every single day? Like COME ONNN!!!!

Maverick, that is awesome! LOL!

-Fuji

SuperFly
02-10-2011, 07:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTlLOF2moxY

Fuji
02-10-2011, 07:45 PM
EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED TO ME!

I swear, UPS must plot, in exactly that way.

-Fuji

maverick66
02-11-2011, 03:47 PM
Maverick, that is awesome! LOL!

Ya it was funny. I bet they all delivery men have stories like that. Catching people in bad situations is bound to happen when you ring doorbells all day.

Bud
02-11-2011, 04:24 PM
Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this, but I was fairly upset today!

I ordered a new bag from TW, and shipped it to Western Canada through UPS. It was my first order, and I thought UPS was supposibly a reliable, customer friendly service. The order said 1-3 days, that was true. It was here in Alberta in 2 days, but getting my package was neigh impossible. The first day, the delivery person said that they came via internet at 6:42pm. I was home, with my front door open sitting near the door from the hours of 5-8. Not a SINGLE truck came through, let alone a delivery person. Of course, no notice was left for my pick up. So delivery 2 rolls around. I called UPS and they said my order WILL be coming after 5pm. I had school from 8am until 3:30pm. When I came home, there was a notice in my mailbox saying that the delivery came at 2:36. That is obviously before I got home, and well before 5pm.

At least I had gotten a notice. So day 3 of my package rolls around, and I have to drive for over an hour to get to the UPS headquarters in my city. When I show up, they say I owe them money for not being home to pick up my parcel. I honestly couldn't believe them. Needless to say, after 3 extra days of my package being in town, It was a goose chase to get it. UPS customer service center was great and very considerate, but the actual service was awful for me. I will be very cautious of shipping Via UPS again.

Sorry for the long rant, but I had some rage LOL!

-Fuji

How much did they charge you for the two failed delivery attempts? :shock:

JohnnyCracker
02-11-2011, 07:17 PM
I contacted UPS on your behalf. They said she came by but you weren't home. :)

http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq86/johnnycrk/ups.jpg