PDA

View Full Version : Lake Erie Cadavers

Ronaldo
02-11-2011, 06:22 PM
The streak may end tonite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cuz no one beats them 27 times in a row!!!!!!!!!

Sentinel
02-11-2011, 06:34 PM
i thought dead bodies were found in Lake Erie .... seems it was something else ???? *duh*

Ronaldo
02-11-2011, 06:38 PM
i thought dead bodies were found in Lake Erie .... seems it was something else ???? *duh*

The Dead walk again, the Cavalier's just proved it.

Sentinel
02-11-2011, 06:45 PM
Some football reference ? Sorry, i am a foreigner !

Ronaldo
02-11-2011, 06:50 PM
When Cleveland saw the long winter, they saw a winter bleak and dark and bereft of hope. Yet we know that winter is just another step in the cycle of life. Spring has sprung, the streak is over.

Sentinel
02-11-2011, 10:40 PM
^^ Yes that is profound, i have learned that no matter how bleak winter seems, spring always comes. Spring is all the more beautiful after winter.

hollywood9826
02-12-2011, 03:04 AM
Words cant describe it, but this site pretty much sums it up.

http://www.didthecavswinlastnight.com/

Dilettante
02-12-2011, 03:12 AM
Wow, by the thread title I also thought this was some kind of macabre breaking news. I'm relieved.

Ronaldo
02-12-2011, 04:22 AM
Wow, by the thread title I also thought this was some kind of macabre breaking news. I'm relieved.

So are the Cavaliers and their coach. Lake Erie Cadavers is a reference to the Ted Stepien days.

subz
02-12-2011, 06:06 AM

Me too...I am disappointed :cry:

jswinf
02-12-2011, 10:23 AM
Some may find it helpful to know Ronaldo is obviously a fan of the Cleveland Cavaliers team of the National Basketball Association, which just ended a record losing streak.

(Hey, if it was about cricket or rugby I wouldn't have a clue.)

Warning for anyone contemplating future USA citizenship, though; this might be on the exam.

Ronaldo
02-12-2011, 10:48 AM
Some may find it helpful to know Ronaldo is obviously a fan of the Cleveland Cavaliers team of the National Basketball Association, which just ended a record losing streak.

(Hey, if it was about cricket or rugby I wouldn't have a clue.)

Warning for anyone contemplating future USA citizenship, though; this might be on the exam.

Actually watched the game live. Pretty entertaining and dramatic at the end of regulation. The fall from grace may make everyone realize how valuable Lebron was to this team, 66 wins to 9 this year.

jswinf
02-12-2011, 11:00 AM
They never should have let Steve Kerr go. Of course he's old and retired now...

Ronaldo
02-12-2011, 01:29 PM
They never should have let Steve Kerr go. Of course he's old and retired now...

Shoulda never let James Edwards and Bill Laimbeer go either.

jswinf
02-12-2011, 08:00 PM
Coulda had a great team if nobody got old or got traded. Of course, they'd be playing against Wilt, Jabbar, West, Oscar, Bird, MJ...be quite a league.

That oughta confuse the non-basketball types.

Ronaldo
02-13-2011, 04:18 AM
Coulda had a great team if nobody got old or got traded. Of course, they'd be playing against Wilt, Jabbar, West, Oscar, Bird, MJ...be quite a league.

That oughta confuse the non-basketball types.

http://www.stepienrules.com/site/content/about.html

FuriousYellow
02-13-2011, 11:03 AM
If they were going to break the streak it's fitting it came against the L.A. Clippers. 32 years since they became the Clippers and only five playoff appearances. Of those five, only once have they gotten out of the first round.

I was still hoping they'd win though. I wanted to see the Cavs 26 game losing streak matched against the Wizards 0-25 road record.

Ronaldo
02-13-2011, 11:50 AM
If they were going to break the streak it's fitting it came against the L.A. Clippers. 32 years since they became the Clippers and only five playoff appearances. Of those five, only once have they gotten out of the first round.

I was still hoping they'd win though. I wanted to see the Cavs 26 game losing streak matched against the Wizards 0-25 road record.

Amazing the Cavs still average nearly 20,000 fans at home. Deserve a better team and general manager

FuriousYellow
02-13-2011, 02:27 PM
Amazing the Cavs still average nearly 20,000 fans at home. Deserve a better team and general manager

There's nothing wrong with their management. They did a great job the previous two seasons trying to build a team around LeBron. That mid-season trade for Jamison was a great move as it cost them next to nothing.

What's happening to the Cavs right now is what happens to any team when the heart of the team is torn out. It's going to take them a few seasons to clear out the remnants of LeBron's team and start building one again from the ground up. They have a very good shot at #1 pick this year to try and get a new centerpiece, or at least a cornerstone.

ProgressoR
02-13-2011, 09:53 PM
I also thought it was about some find of bodies, but if you hover the cursor over the thread title on the forum page, then you can see the first line or two, and that gave it away that it was about a sports team and their record.

Hence when actually opening the thread I was did not experience disappointent.

This is my experience.

CCNM
02-14-2011, 01:04 PM
Oh my! I guess Lebron James was the whole team. Does that Varrejo guy still play for the Cavs? Speaking of Lebron I heard that he and his buddies in Miami lost to the Celtics for the third time.

hollywood9826
02-15-2011, 05:35 AM
The Cavs have pretty much the same team minus Lebron and Ilglauskas. And they have Varejo still but hes never been really good.

Lebron was the whole team you are right about that.

And even though the Heat did losetothe Celts again they are getting better as a team and I fully expect the Heat to be a force once the playoffs roll around.