PDA

View Full Version : Whats with the new Babolat Pure Storms?

ilikepigs
02-12-2011, 06:42 AM
It looks like they are the same price as the other ones and same specs too! are they just paintjobs or something? they come out on 2/15/11...

Faster
02-12-2011, 06:50 AM
As far as I know just a new painshop, yes.

parasailing
02-12-2011, 07:57 AM
I wonder if TW will discount the old ones further, waiting for that to happen so I can pick up a couple more racquets.

novak.20v
02-16-2011, 01:02 PM
I wonder if TW will discount the old ones further, waiting for that to happen so I can pick up a couple more racquets.

Same here, I'm hoping so!

duusoo
02-16-2011, 01:54 PM
go to Michael Lynne in Minneapolis, way discounted down

THESEXPISTOL
02-16-2011, 04:46 PM
Now racquet brands don't even care to create a new fancy technology, they just change the paintjob and increase the price.

Guess i won't be dropping my AG200s anytime soon.

LPShanet
02-22-2011, 02:11 PM
It looks like they are the same price as the other ones and same specs too! are they just paintjobs or something? they come out on 2/15/11...

Babolat has stated that the changes are essentially just cosmetic this time around. However, it's worth noting that even cosmetic changes can sometimes make subtle changes in the way a racquet plays, so they may feel slightly different. But for all intents and purposes, it's just a new look.

cnr1guy
02-22-2011, 08:42 PM
Babolat has stated that the changes are essentially just cosmetic this time around. However, it's worth noting that even cosmetic changes can sometimes make subtle changes in the way a racquet plays, so they may feel slightly different. But for all intents and purposes, it's just a new look.

I heard that they wanted to make them more visible on TV. That's why they changed the paint.

RoddickSampras22
02-22-2011, 08:55 PM
They also released a new Pure Storm GT. The Pure Storm Team GT. As far as I know it has the same specs as a Pure Storm GT, however it has a 100sq head and is actually lighter.

asiank90
02-22-2011, 09:07 PM
They also released a new Pure Storm GT. The Pure Storm Team GT. As far as I know it has the same specs as a Pure Storm GT, however it has a 100sq head and is actually lighter.
So if the headsize and weight are different, the specs can't be the same is the pure storm

whomad15
02-22-2011, 09:30 PM
perhaps he meant stiffness and balance? guessing here, didnt look at the racquets. babolats are too stiff for me in most cases

Cooper_Tecnifibre4
02-22-2011, 10:05 PM
Now racquet brands don't even care to create a new fancy technology, they just change the paintjob and increase the price.

Guess i won't be dropping my AG200s anytime soon.

No, They just change the PJ and come up with a new fancy word for 'filtering vibrations' Ineggra, BLX, The new ugly Teccys PJ.

It's quite annoying actually.

pennc94
02-23-2011, 05:56 AM
I have not seen them in person, but the photos make the newer Pure Storms' hoop appear more round (like Prince frames) rather than the more narrow at 3 and 9 o'clock. Does anyone have a side-by-side photo?

Power Player
02-23-2011, 09:08 AM

If the racquet is as good as the pure storm currently is, I don't see anything wrong with that strategy.

li0scc0
02-23-2011, 09:17 AM

Price did not change on the Pure Storm GT line.

backatcha
02-23-2011, 09:24 AM
I have not seen them in person, but the photos make the newer Pure Storms' hoop appear more round (like Prince frames) rather than the more narrow at 3 and 9 o'clock. Does anyone have a side-by-side photo?

They are definitely different shapes... this will affect something but what? Nobody had done a thread on the direct comparison between the GT and the GT 2011. Please can someone who has the experience (and credibility) please give a review? I don't know whether to purchase the older version or the newer version...

If the racquet is as good as the pure storm currently is, I don't see anything wrong with that strategy.

Lord, let's hope that it has not been "improved".

li0scc0
02-23-2011, 09:54 AM
They are definitely different shapes... .

Are you sure? Our local retailer has the new one in, and I held the new and old ones on top of each other, and they looked identical.

backatcha
02-23-2011, 10:02 AM
Are you sure? Our local retailer has the new one in, and I held the new and old ones on top of each other, and they looked identical.

Did you specifically look at the sides: The previous version appears (in all the pics) to have a flatter (and less rounder) slope than the 2011 version... But the bottom line is that I have not seen the new version or directly compared side to side... so I would have to defer to your confirmation.

li0scc0
02-23-2011, 10:07 AM
Did you specifically look at the sides: The previous version appears (in all the pics) to have a flatter (and less rounder) slope than the 2011 version... But the bottom line is that I have not seen the new version or directly compared side to side... so I would have to defer to your confirmation.

I did not check (doh!). I simply put them one over the other, to see if the head shape changed. I did not check the profile.

pennc94
02-23-2011, 10:45 AM
No, not profile - the width from 3 o'clock to 9 o'clock

See 2010:

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/6660/bpsgt1.jpg (http://img151.imageshack.us/i/bpsgt1.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

and 2011:

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/1944/bps1.jpg (http://img64.imageshack.us/i/bps1.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Power Player
02-23-2011, 11:54 AM
It's the same frame..the PJ gives an illusion that is not there.

li0scc0
02-23-2011, 12:10 PM
From 12 to 6 it is the same, from 3 to 9 it is the same. Same mold.

li0scc0
02-23-2011, 12:11 PM
It's the same frame..the PJ gives an illusion that is not there.

PowerPlay, I know you love the GT. Are you going to pick up a new one to have both PJ's? Or stick with the ones you have?

Power Player
02-23-2011, 12:54 PM
I have 2 of the older pj so I am good for now. If I get bored I may buy another, but I have 2 PSTs and 2 Tfights on reserve in the bag.

cnr1guy
02-23-2011, 01:21 PM

They are exactly the same. My local shop has both of them in and when I looked them them closely they are indeed the same- the paint on the updated version gives it a different look but they really are the same frame.

As I stated above, Babolat just wanted to give their frame more visibility on TV.

Praetorian
02-23-2011, 03:04 PM
So I guess the moral of the story is - buy the old paintjob, and buy more or save some money. :)

nalbandian
02-23-2011, 03:10 PM
I think that the old one is so much nicer, all the new 2011 paintjobs are so ugly anyways, all the head IG's are ugly and to think that the original youtek's where really nice. The only nice rackets to have come out in 2011, or late 2010 are the biomimetic's imo.

TheBoom
02-23-2011, 03:16 PM
I think that the old one is so much nicer, all the new 2011 paintjobs are so ugly anyways, all the head IG's are ugly and to think that the original youtek's where really nice. The only nice rackets to have come out in 2011, or late 2010 are the biomimetic's imo.

+1 cept i like the blade pj :)

backatcha
02-24-2011, 12:37 PM
They are exactly the same. My local shop has both of them in and when I looked them them closely they are indeed the same- the paint on the updated version gives it a different look but they really are the same frame.

As I stated above, Babolat just wanted to give their frame more visibility on TV.

Thank for clearing that up... the pics on TW and in some other threads looked really different.