PDA

View Full Version : Pacific lead tape question

drummerboy
04-22-2004, 11:16 AM
Hi players

I have been customizing my LM Radical MP racquet lately and I purchased Pacific lead tape. I don't know exact name of this product but it was a product, but it has a big X on the box that it was in. There were 3 pieces of lead tape. Each piece was 20 cm long. I cut the two 20cm pieces in half so I got four 10 cm pieces and put them on 3 and 9 o'clock places at the racquet. I split the last 20 cm piece in 4 pieces and put it in the throat. My question is: It didn't say how much every piece of lead tape weighs. So now I don't have the idea how much weight I got on. Does anyone have some idea about that.

I played with the racquest and it felt ok. My strokes were more powerful and solid but I made a lot of errors on the groundstrokes. I think it does take a while to get used to the new weight balance and heavines of racquet, right? Anyone has the same experiences?
I would appreciate any tip. Thanks.

Matt

tarheelbornjohn
04-22-2004, 11:22 AM
It is hard to know how much weight you put on it. The first place I find that I notice if I used too much is on the serve where I can't generate enough head speed to use the added weight. You have changed the weight of the racquet, especially the ballance. Will take a little time to get used to it. My advice is always to put as much as you can, lift more weights, then put more on it. However, some people have other opinions and say I am full of it.

matchpoints
04-22-2004, 12:47 PM
Dear thbj,

you're full of it.

sincerely,

matchpoints