PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Tennis Academy

Thanatos
06-17-2005, 04:43 AM
Just curious, anyone tried http://www.virtualtennisacademy.com/

Kana Himezaki
06-17-2005, 08:31 AM
It looks ok, but then I bothered to click on the free tour-

The guy's voice ****ed me off. :P Not to mention when I saw what the parts of the site looked like in the thing, it was pretty much average. I mean, the instruction looked fine, but you can get that stuff for free.

I looked at tennisplayer.net, you have NO annoying voice, a LOT more videos of players strokes (much larger variety, too, on this site I just saw Safin, Roddick, and Agassi, and just one video of their strokes), and detailed articles. I'm planning on joining tennisplayer.

I wouldn't mind looking at a couple articles on this site, but I'm not willing to shell out the money.

browsin
06-24-2005, 03:46 PM
hi i just went to virtual tennis academy and saw many more strokes than you mentioned and the articles are unbelievable. i did agree about the guys voice but wow what a great idea to walk you through the site like that with a tour. i also visited tennis player .net and they do not have streaming video instruction like the virtual tennis academy. i think the virtual tennis academy is the best site i have ever seen on the internet for tennis instruction. i already joined and they have new content up every day which is great. the pronalysis stuff is absolutely the best stuff i have ever seen on learning technique. you must not have looked at the samples of all their stuff or missed it somehow...i do like tennisone as well as it is a very nice site with good instruction and that is how i found virtual tennis academy because i liked the writer Heath Waters who evidently started the virtual tennis academy website with his wife who is a current tour player. these guys are putting out the instruction that i have been looking for all these years in video format and not in just article format of which is great because i don't have to keep wasting all my money on buying dvd's from mail order houses anymore! maybe because it is a brand new site is the reason they did not have much content up when you went there but i have been a member for a week now and new content is up every day and it keeps getting better and better. well those are my two cents and i know a great thing when i see it. the tennisplayer.net site looks like they could need to work a bit more on the look of their site as it is not very pleasing to the eye and the virtual tennis academy is the first tennis site that real people are approaching tennis from an e-learning approach...i just am thrilled as it feels like they are talking directly to me. i love it!

Kana Himezaki
06-24-2005, 04:49 PM
While they may not be talking "directly to you", I certainly found the information on tennisplayer.net a lot more informative. There are lots of videos in every article.

Plus, the guy's voice on VTA still ****es me off.

And it certainly can't compare to the amount of stroke videos in tennisplayer.net, all carefully organized. There are even all the classic players (MacEnroe, Becker) and even the few rare videos of Budge, Laver, and Kramer.

Updates are certainly rarer, as in monthly, but I'd take that anytime as the new articles provided and more stroke videos (LOTS of about two or three excellent players every month) over just a couple. For example, if you're looking for Justine H-H's backhand, you have it from every angle, different spots on the court, everything. And MULTIPLE of everything, in case there are subtle differences.

The articles HAVE the videos in them. They do stream to you.

Not to mention every article is written by someone with lots of experience -all the respected leaders in the entire field.

browsin
06-24-2005, 05:44 PM
i am not saying that tennis player is not a good site. i am sure it is but speaking of justine henin's strokes from every angle... virtual tennis academy has her forehand, backhand, serve, volley, returns etc. from every angle as well. plus they have just uploaded about 10 other players with every stroke from every angle. you have to see the pronalysis technology they use it is revolutionary and not to mention the instruction is coming from a current tour player ranked top 100 in the world and her coach. if i were you i would go look at the samples a bit closer as you surely missed all they had to offer. heck they even have audio lessons on their that are cool too. when you click on the players name in the pro stroke library a menu drops down on the right that lists all the strokes from every angle possible i.e. side, front, back, top etc.. you must have not understood how to navigate the site and at first it was confusing until i went through that site tour thingy which i loved cause it explained in detail how to do everything on the site. i don't think anyone can touch this site and it is light years ahead of everyone i think. the key to any site is the content and what you get out of it and i have already improved my game in only a weeks time! that is what it is all about don't you think?

Kana Himezaki
06-24-2005, 05:57 PM
I'm talking lots of players, not just 10 on the stroke archives. For people who want to see all different kinds of play.

Information coming from a top 100 player is fine. Information coming straight from the VERY top coaches is better. John Yandell even got MacEnroe himself to write two articles.

You've got side, back front, everything -and a lot more of it. As you've said content is everything -I still believe tennisplayer.net is tops according to that philosophy.

DoubleHanded&LovinIt
06-24-2005, 06:42 PM
Virtual Tennis Academy is crap. I bought the platinum membership for one month and I'm so dissapointed. The Pro Stroke Library (Gallery?) is so small. I think the maximum number of clips they have for any one shot from one player is 10. The Pronalysis system is so frustrating. Heath may be a passionate observer of the game, but I don't need to see him messing up constantly with the computer and repeating himself 100 times! On top of that, his understanding of the game is so limited. He teaches one variation of a shot as if it were standard all the time! The millenium forehand? Give me a break! Not every pro hits forehands like that and the pros who do this only do so in certain situations. His analysis of the Roddick serve is child's play compared to John Yandell's analysis on tennisplayer.net. tennisplayer.net is a far more complete site and it's only competition is on the horizon: modernTennis.com. This site has yet to go up. I suggest you all go there and explore the GPS. If you want to order a DVD from there, skip part 1 of the modern forehand series and go straight to part 2. John Yandell and Brett Hobden are the best students of the modern game we have today. ON TOP OF THAT VTA IS RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE!!!

browsin
06-24-2005, 08:09 PM
you have to be joking. i am a member of tennisplayer.net, tennisone, and now Virtual tennis academy. Being a coach for 10 years and still playing i look for content that i can easily relate to and translate into success onto the court. have you not gone through virutual tennis academy's videos in their video instruction section? the system these guys are teaching is so easy and simple to understand. i love how they break the players technique down into what they call the fundamental commonalities! it has enabled me to improve my coaching and playing in a matter of almost two weeks. i also purchased the platinum monthly package as i wanted to see if they were going to update their content regularly and they at first had only 3 videos in their pro strokes library and since i joined they have already added like 7 or 8 more. so i went ahead and joined the platinum yearly because i saw they were updating their site with new content everyday. i also emailed them personally to ask and they said they had tons more content to upload over the next two weeks as they had to rush to get the site up due to a deadline they had promised tennis one or something like that as that Heath Waters writes articles for them and he is the reason i checked out the site in the first place. he is my favorite writer on tennis one. virtual tennis academy also replied to my email stating that over the next 3 months they would be putting up like 80 more players in their pro stroke library and that is much more than either tennisplayer.net or tennisone. i also looked real quick just to check as an example of how many forehand shots both tennis player.net had and virtual tennis academy had on agassi's forehand and they both had exactly 11 types of forehands so although they don't have as many players up yet they seem to be putting up new ones every day. i like my membership to tennisplayer.net and tennisone, but the actual substance to the virtual tennis academy is the best i have ever seen and in my humble opinion heath waters at virtual tennis academy seems to have an extraordinary ability of seeing the game of tennis in a new and refreshing light that makes learning tennis very easy to understand. his vision of how he breaks down his teachings although a bit wordy sometimes is the best i have ever seen from any coach. regarding the andy roddick serve you must read the "bionic serve" article he did on tennis one site...it is what got my interest in his teachings. even in the readers write column there on tennisone oscar wegner of tennisteacher.com said it was the best article ever written on the serve in modern day history. i guess we are all entitled to our opinions and that is what makes the world great.. but i think you are missing the boat on this one. :)

Kana Himezaki
06-24-2005, 08:29 PM
Tennisplayer.net has all the stroke fundamentals, with the videos and analysis to back it up.

And 80 more players isn't much when you have hardly any videos of them. I'd much rather go with tennisplayer.net on that, they've got full coverage of Gonzalez and Mauresmo coming in.

I didn't see too much actual substance. Since you have the tennisplayer.net subscription, as for Roddick, look at the articles about that. Unmatched by VTA.

From what I saw, they did simplify things a lot. But most of it was just material that's already regurgitated by coaches worldwide. Nothing many people hadn't already heard of.

DoubleHanded&LovinIt
06-24-2005, 09:16 PM
you have to be joking.

No I'm not.

i am a member of tennisplayer.net, tennisone, and now Virtual tennis academy.

So am I.

have you not gone through virutual tennis academy's videos in their video instruction section? the system these guys are teaching is so easy and simple to understand.

This is the only point I agree with you on. This is the only feature that distinguised VTA from its competition. However the same level of instruction is available by reading the articles at tennisplayer.net.

i love how they break the players technique down into what they call the fundamental commonalities!

That's funny because tennisplayer.net does the EXACT SAME THING! However, they show the multitude of variations that exist for each shot. Heath sees one thing and keys in on that losing the forest for the trees.

he is my favorite writer on tennis one.

I think Doug King is a far better contributor on that site. Actually, so is Jim McLennan. However, both VTA and tennisone.com play second fiddle to tennisplayer.net.

virtual tennis academy also replied to my email stating that over the next 3 months they would be putting up like 80 more players in their pro stroke library and that is much more than either tennisplayer.net or tennisone.

Let me get this straight: You just LOVE the approach Heath takes by focusing on the commonalities, correct? If the commonalities are that important, who cares how many different players you have video of? The commonalities are the same between the players. The problem with VTA is the fact that the videos are of a much lower quality than those on tennisplayer.net. The videos on VTA have less resolution, are limited in the number of angles shown, and are limited in the number of shot variations shown. Specifically, the lack of good angles is a HUGE problem on the site. So often Heath has to say during his "PROnalysis" that, "[ATP pro] does this, you can't tell in this video because of the angle, but he does this." According to Heath, video never lies, but coaches can misinterpret what they see if they can't see it. Which bring me to my next point that there is ABSOLUTELY NO high speed video. tennisplayer.net has loads of high-speed video. Traditional video cannot convey what is truly going on in the high-speed world of modern tennis. Therefore, Heath is wrong. Video can lie because without a fast enough frame rate, you can EASILY miss CRUCIAL technical components.

regarding the andy roddick serve you must read the "bionic serve" article he did on tennis one site

Yes, I read that article as well. If you are actually a member of tennisplayer.net, check out John's 2 part series on the Roddick serve. It basically turns Heath's analysis on it's head. John actually references Heath's article without mentioning his name. In the "Bionic Serve" article Heath proposed that Roddick was snapping his wrist. This of course, is incorrect. The wrist snap on any tennis shot, including the serve, is a MYTH. I don't get it, because if you were an actual subscriber to tennisplayer.net, you would know all of this stuff. Have you checked out the Advanced Tennis section of the site? Have you checked out the 250 frames/sec slo-mo video as well as the rest of the Stroke Archive? Have you read the wonderful back and forth that is going on in the Forum?

Basically, what I'm asking is: are YOU serious :?:

browsin
06-24-2005, 11:46 PM
do you actually play tennis? if so then just because yandell says there is no wrist snap does not mean his so called theory is correct. matter of fact it is obsurd. i read his article and he had some good points but that particular one i totally disagree with as i snap my wrist every time when hitting a serve and so does every player i know of. ofcourse the external rotation of the shoulder, pronation, and torque give you power for the serve as well but no one can convince me that there is no wrist snap on the serve. the wrist is in a cocked position before approaching contact that you can clearly see in both articles yandell's and waters and the wrist DOES release or snap back to the neutral position all you have to do is observe. if it is cocked before contact and uncocks at contact to hit the ball then what is that? it had to release which is SNAPPING! just because someone comes up with a ridiculous theory does not mean it is correct. you are being fooled my friend. all you have to do is look at the video. it is right there before your eyes and are you seriuosly telling me if you went up and asked roddick, sampras, or rusedski, if they snapped their wrist through the serve they would say NO? come on man are YOU SERIOUS? they all would say yes! and yes i love the 250/frame/sec videos on the site but tennis one has 500/frames/sec which shows even more detail and frames than those so what is the big deal? heck they are all nice and all but don't let the wool be pulled over your eyes so much. use your own eyes to make your own observations and come up with your own thoughts for yourself. you sound like you work for yandell or something. learn more through observation with your own eyes. that is why i love these sights, because of the study tools they provide that i don't have time to go out and do myself. who has yandell ever developed? no one that i have ever known of and if he is the god of tennis then why is he not coaching on tour? sure he did a video analysis for mcenroe...does this make him GOD or did he just promote his high speed video and approach mcenroe at the us open when he was filming for his advanced tennis? sure he has all these good writers (some of which i like their articles and some i don't) articles of which i heard yandell was actually ghost writing them and putting their names on them. makes sense because some of those guys would probably want alot more money than yandell could afford. don't get me wrong i like all three sites discussed as they all have different vantage points that we can gain from but seeing the proof is important and some of yandell's stuff is unsubstantiated and very misleading. anyone can purchase a high speed video camera for about $10,000, capture video of top players, put up a site and give their opinion. this does not make their views valid. you mention about federer's forehand and the millennium forehand being only a sometime thing...what pro strokes library have you been looking at. federer ends by the shoulder, the elbow, or the hip every single time like waters said. i just looked at federer on all the sites libraries and the only time he does not is if he is on the run which he ends with the buggy whip ending. are you actually telling me he ends around the neck like agassi most of the time? what videos are you looking at surely not on tennis player.net, tennis one as there are none there validating your statement that he does not end anywhere else than what waters calls the millennium forehand. i suppose you choose to see what you want to see it appears. anyone can choose to see what they want but atleast back up your statements with valid proof. and you obviously have not played at a high enough level of tennis to be fooled into believing there is no wrist snap through the serve contact...but keep serving with those misconceived notions...you might reach 90mph one day on your serve...i would recommend you learn more through the use of your own eyes the info is all there for you to see frame by frame at 250/frames per sec! :mrgreen:

equinox
06-25-2005, 03:57 AM
browsin please try hitting the enter key a few more times. It's really hard to read your posts without paragraph breaks.

browsin
06-25-2005, 07:33 AM
sorry about that. it is my first forum experience and it appears i got carried away with a long post. :D

DoubleHanded&LovinIt
06-25-2005, 10:03 AM
Wrist snap and wrist release or two totally different things. I'm not going to fight over symantics with you. Do not accuse me of endorsing anything. If anyone should be suspected of endorsing, it would be you. You have what, 5 total posts, and they are all about VTA. Where did you come from? What's your agenda?

Also, John has worked with more than just John McEnroe. He's also done work for Justine Henin-Hardenne, Taylor Dent, and other top one hundred pros.

You have this view that John Yandell makes many misleading statements. What are your examples? What I want to ask you is: How can you truly know what is going on in the world of modern tennis on a specific stroke if you can't examine high speed video. Sure, tennisone.com has high-speed video but there is no analysis and limited angles. I do analyze the videos at tennisplayer.net myself. One of the fantastic things about tennisplayer.net is that there is a forum where disagreements can be voiced. There are some great debates going on in that forum.

VTA is also very expensive. The only package worth getting is the platinum package because this has the two distinctive features of the site: PROnalysis and the Video Instruction. PROnalysis is a terrible system in my mind. There are other ways to demonstrate the key commonalities between pro strokes. Seeing Heath fumble around on his computer, apologize for poor viewing angles, and repeating himself a hundred times is just not my thing. The video instruction is a good system. However, I wouldn't pay just for that. Also, why is Heath always advertising one of his products: "my ACE system...my PROnalysis system." I'm very leary of tennis instructors who advertise their products when giving instruction because inevitably, good instruction gets lost in favor of commercial interests.

John Yandell has spent his career breaking some of the greatest myths of tennis instruction. By pioneering high speed video he has shown the tennis world aspects of tennis technique never before seen. Through it all, he has never deified himself. Because of his incredible work, he is asked frequently to work with top USTA juniors and works actively with the USTA. He is the head of the Advanced Tennis Research Project where high-speed video and quantitative measurements are lifting the veil on the secret game of tennis. He is head and shoulders above his peers. Again, I will say that Brett Hobden of modernTennis.com is an up and coming start. Fortunately for us students of the game, these two will be collaborating on an article in the near future.

Again, I have no interest in defending John. I think he's a great guy and a genius when it comes to tennis analysis. I am a member of his site, tennisplayer.net. I am also a member at tennisone.com and virutaltennisacademy.com. I can attest to the quality of tennis instuction on the web. God knows I've spent so much of my time, that I probably should have used to study, to read and learn about tennis online. I have no reason to lie. I only speak from the heart and to truth.

DoubleHanded&LovinIt
06-25-2005, 11:14 AM
i am not saying that tennis player is not a good site. i am sure it is

Fair enough.

you have to be joking. i am a member of tennisplayer.net, tennisone, and now Virtual tennis academy

Say what? Are you or are you not a member of tennisplayer.net? This whole testimonial thing you're doing...it's very shady, to say the least...

Kana Himezaki
06-25-2005, 11:20 AM
I've scanned the site further, checking all possible samples and whatever I could. I'm not about to buy a subscription though as I don't believe I need one, so my second analysis might be a bit flawed.

Not that great. Especially the video I had to watch involving the "Millennium Forehand". EVERY single thing stated was something coaches already know and teach. It is not pointing out intricacies, it's simply the same thing your average coach tells you. It didn't even help to simplify things, as I found nothing really got the point across. I had a younger junior watch it, he was bored and twitching nervously in the first 30 seconds.

If you're going to bother to talk that much with a visual approach, make sure you're not boring and your voice isn't annoying. God.

I could have summed up that whole "PROnalysis" by just saying load energy on the back foot, rotate with your shoulders facing the net and hand facing to the side (which promotes rotation) and take a loop backswing with your racquet head almost completely open before the swing.

That's all that whole video said. Making things simple? I think not. That was a long video. Hardly anything on a "modern forehand" that even traditional coaches do not already teach.

Using a visual approach is great. But tennisplayer.net and John Yandell really take it further. If I watch a video, I don't want most of it with the guy moving around, repeating himself, and providing no insights or even better-than-average teaching.

And I'm certainly not going to pay that much for it.

DoubleHanded&LovinIt
06-25-2005, 11:38 AM
Good choice, Kana. I lost $30 bucks on the one month platinum subscription. Glad your enjoying tennisplayer.net. You should really check out modernTennis.com. Brett Hobden goes into detail about the 7 topspin forehand variations in the modern forehand. Brett's approach is great. His system is special because it integrates techniques and tactics, the right technique is specific to the tactic. tennisone.com writer Wayne Elderton's system is similar, but not as focused on technique, mostly just "game-based". If you are a member at tennisone.com, have you checked out Doug King's stuff? I love his teachings. Very feel oriented. He's also extremely passionate. Heath Waters is passionate too. But, he's very repetitive, often disseminates common teaching myths (most likely due to the fact that he does not use high speed video), and always seems to be advertising one of his products (shady...). Heath is a nice guy, however.

JohnYandell
06-25-2005, 01:50 PM
In the words of Rodney King: guys, can't we all just get along?

I appreciate everything people are saying in support of Tennisplayer.net. And yes I would have to say my personal belief is that it's the best of the three (does that go without saying?) And yes I do disagree with Heath about Roddick's serve. Personally when I look at the video, I don't see what he sees.

My larger point would be that the video data bases open up the new vista that allows us to study, discuss and argue...

As for Browsin, we probably don't disagree quite as much as he thinks about the so-called "snap." He's definitely correct--as I go into in detail in the Roddick article--that the wrist is laid back in the drop and comes up to netural at contact. But what doesn't happen--and this is my main point--is a forward "snap" after that. Which is still pretty commonally taught. The wrist should be as loose as can be--and it will move as part of the larger movements--the elbow extension, and the hand and arm rotation.

so an experienced player with a good motion and a loose arm may feel his wrist is moving--because it is. What the biomechanicists and physicists I quoted in the Roddick article say is that is this a dependent movement caused by the larger rotations. The point isn't academic--because those parts of the motion aren't stressed enough in my opinion.

But if you really take the time to look at the high speed video around the contact, you won't see the forward breaking--and if we could understand that the motion is largely a passive (but important) consequence of a great motion, that's be progress for all.

TwistServe
06-25-2005, 02:58 PM
In the words of Rodney King: guys, can't we all just get along?

I appreciate everything people are saying in support of Tennisplayer.net. And yes I would have to say my personal belief is that it's the best of the three (does that go without saying?) And yes I do disagree with Heath about Roddick's serve. Personally when I look at the video, I don't see what he sees.

My larger point would be that the video data bases open up the new vista that allows us to study, discuss and argue...

As for Browsin, we probably don't disagree quite as much as he thinks about the so-called "snap." He's definitely correct--as I go into in detail in the Roddick article--that the wrist is laid back in the drop and comes up to netural at contact. But what doesn't happen--and this is my main point--is a forward "snap" after that. Which is still pretty commonally taught. The wrist should be as loose as can be--and it will move as part of the larger movements--the elbow extension, and the hand and arm rotation.

so an experienced player with a good motion and a loose arm may feel his wrist is moving--because it is. What the biomechanicists and physicists I quoted in the Roddick article say is that is this a dependent movement caused by the larger rotations. The point isn't academic--because those parts of the motion aren't stressed enough in my opinion.

But if you really take the time to look at the high speed video around the contact, you won't see the forward breaking--and if we could understand that the motion is largely a passive (but important) consequence of a great motion, that's be progress for all.

Just curious Mr. Yandell.. How old are you? I've seen pictures quite a few pictures of you that gave me the impression you were around 30s or 40s, but than recently I saw another picture that made you look like you were in your 60s... Which is it!?!

Gary Britt
06-25-2005, 03:00 PM
do you actually play tennis? if so then just because yandell says there is no wrist snap does not mean his so called theory is correct.

Browsin, you wouldn't happen to be an employee, or owner, or relative of virtual tennis academy would you?

Your posts just seem a little to over the top. Sort of like a VTA salesman or online rep would be expected to post. That plus the fact you are a brand new member, who seems to have joined so far for the purpose of promoting VTA.

Just curious, so everyone can put your posts into any needed perspective.

Gary Britt

DoubleHanded&LovinIt
06-25-2005, 03:03 PM
Gary Britt, I thought I was just paranoid. I see that I'm not alone in my hunch.

DoubleHanded&LovinIt
06-25-2005, 04:04 PM
the key to any site is the content and what you get out of it and i have already improved my game in only a weeks time! that is what it is all about don't you think?

Really?

it has enabled me to improve my coaching and playing in a matter of almost two weeks.

Oh, really?

JohnYandell
06-25-2005, 04:40 PM
By the way, the bylines on Tennisplayer are all written by the named author and edited by me. That wouldn't be very sporting to publish under their names without their permission, now would it?

SageOfDeath
06-25-2005, 04:57 PM
I think browsin might secretly be an advertiser from VTA..... just 1/2 kidding

browsin
06-25-2005, 05:05 PM
as i said in one of my previous posts i think all three sites have vantage points. just because i disagree with one person's opinion does not mean that i don't like other things they say. i have never been one to really voice my opinion and actually happen to find the virtual tennis academy site through tennis one's newsletter a couple of weeks ago. i wanted to see if there were any reviews about the site as i had just joined the platinum monthly package. when i typed virtual tennis academy into the search engine...waaaalaaaa this forum was on the first page of which i wanted to see if it had reviews and if people found it as useful as i had. i liked the the pronalysis thingy and the streaming video instruction i found very useful and all three sites have pro strokes and i have tivo so... i found it very informative and could relate to it just as i like the indepth articles and the high speed video on tennisplayer.net and tennisone. that is all i was saying.

i thought the intitial comments were shallow and decided to give my opinion of what i thought. i did not know it would cause a hail storm, but i guess by what you are telling me this is common place in these forums. being my first time to a forum...all i can say is WOW. when i saw what the first person had wrote "kana" (as i was looking for reviews and obviously she had not actually scoured the site i was looking for the review for as i did...i had to pay to do so and i am sure she had not based on her very enlightening statement of i hate that guys voice...i was looking for a bit more substance or educated review) well i had to share my opinion. i suppose she has developed many professional tour players based on her authoratative approach as it seems she knows all and based on the number of posts on this site this appears to be her life and she enjoys the controversy based on reading some of her posts (more power to you). i personally love john yandell's advanced tennis research project and actually purchased..or made my donation as it was on his site and bought some of his great videos a couple of year ago. i like his site and much of his teaching i find helpful but some of it i just do not. i see some things a bit different with my own eyes when watching the high speed video provided on both sites tennisone and tennis player.

i will say though as a kind word of advice and speaking from experience of running 4 successful corporations myself (when i am not playing tennis) ... i did type in the search engine "yandell" on this site and was very disappointed to see yandell bashing tennisone so much. he only left a couple of years ago i believe. i have been a member of tennisone for many years now. it appears much of his work is still on the tennisone site from what i can tell and i joined tennisplayer because i really liked john's work on tennisone and will say it is disappointing to see him acting very much like a politician by cutting his former company and now a somewhat competitor to shreds in many, many, many of his posts. obviously there was some serious bad blood with the split with these guys because you can sense the anger or need for him to lash out at them in every one of his posts. i think john should let his great work speak for itself. it is very good without having to lower his business standards and does not reflect well on his character or business. there are more than enough tennis players in the world to make you rich john no matter how many memberships any other site has compared to yours....this is poor business practice in my opinion, but i suppose that is the cut throat world we live in today huh...

anyways like i said i am a member of all three sites and use them for their different advantages they offer and i think we all can gain from different parts of each site for what it is worth to all of the opinionated people in here. this is my first post and last posting in a forum. i definitely find it alot more beneficial to study tennis and play tennis rather than be apart of all the gnashing of teeth that occurs in this forum stuff...so you all have fun going at it and rip each other apart as it seems this is your type of fun. i will not be back to fuel your lust for controversy. i was just looking for a good review and found hell...sorry guys... i am headed to the courts to have true fun...on the tennis court! ...now debate away :p

Gary Britt
06-25-2005, 05:23 PM
Yep, I'd say Browsin is definitely some kind of official promoter for VTA. His long winded post never directly answered any questions regarding his affiliations. He confirmed he just came here, and the only posts he has made here are these VTA is great ya'll come and join ya'hear. Then he immediately bugs out when questioned on his affiliations.

His condescending tone towards the entire board, Kana, and others, plus the gratuitous shots at Yandell are enough to make me not interested in visiting the VTA site. They've got to be goobers if they hire someone this clueless to market their site by insulting their potential customer base.

I've never looked at VTA, but based upon this guy, Kana's post, and my own looks at tennisone and tennisplayer, if I were to pay to join one of these sites, at this time it would definitely be tennisplayer.net.

Gary Britt

DoubleHanded&LovinIt
06-25-2005, 05:45 PM
Good riddance, schmuck.

Kana Himezaki
06-25-2005, 07:02 PM
Eep. >_< I'm glad this is over.

But hey, what's with the personal insults? Authoritive tone? That's fine, I'm just saying my personal review and examination. Nothing is stopping you from posting your comments.

And as for substance not completely containing how annoying the guy's voice is, I do think that's a factor. The substance was nothing many people do not already know, should I have endeavored to speak from a completely neutral standpoint?

I never asked for anything. As for this site "being my life", there are plenty of forums in which people have thousands of posts. I have four hundred something. And yes, I do enjoy this site. It's not all I do, I could be making the inaccurate assumption that your entire life is surfing VTA. But it isn't, right? That's fine.

And controversy? Yes, there was lots of controversy. But there's a lot of good information there, a lot people worked with and were actually helped, and I'd like to believe any enemies I've had have been fixed.

Were you searching through all of my posts just to find some way to insult me?

Gary Britt
06-25-2005, 07:21 PM
Eep. >_< I'm glad this is over.

But hey, what's with the personal insults? Authoritive tone?

I've seen this authoritative tone and similar items attributed to Kana more than once, and frankly I don't get it.

Just because Kana writes in declarative sentences doesn't make her posts any more authoritative in tone or strong or whatever term some people have applied than the posts from me and 100 other people who regularly post on the board. Whether you agree with Kana's posts or not they are intelligently written, and she backs up her positions when necessary with rational and logical arguments.

Anyway this guy Browsin is a putz for sure Kana, so I wouldn't give him or his comments a second thought.

Gary Britt

raftermania
06-25-2005, 07:21 PM
It's over already? Gosh, my popcorn just finished popping.

Gary Britt
06-25-2005, 07:28 PM
It's over already? Gosh, my popcorn just finished popping.

Too slow...:p

Gary Britt

JohnYandell
06-25-2005, 08:03 PM
He reminded me of ABC--in fact it could have been him under another name--at least it was someone with a similar attitude--and he'll might very well be back in some other incarnation...

DoubleHanded&LovinIt
06-26-2005, 06:14 AM
I thought it was the same person who used the ABC handle as well. All of ABC's posts were dedicated to Yandell bashing.

raftermania
06-26-2005, 07:31 PM
Yes, so if ABC returns let's realize he'll:

Always
Be
Crazy

DavaiMarat
05-09-2013, 08:20 AM
Wow. Again this show's how silly people can be on the internet. John Yandell is a well respective member of this online community and has a quality product in his website. Heath Water coaches a world class athlete in his wife so we know his methods and instruction are sound.

There aspects of their teachings that I don't agree with but much I do agree with.

If your going to bash Heath on his voice well that's your prerogative but it tells me your we're even trying to listen to what he was saying in the 1st place. I'm not a member of tennisplayer.net but from a coaches perspective I know VTA is one the premium tennis instruction sites available. It's expensive but no one else gives you the in depth insider instruction video by video like he does. It's like he's talking to you on the court and he gives you real life easy to understand references to execute and reproduce. Clearly one of the best instructional site out there I've experienced and I've been to many of them. You wan't a world class coach, Heath is that person.

That said many speak highly about John's site as well though I haven't had the time to explore it, I believe what I've heard. However, just because some people here are John's Fan Bois doesn't mean there aren't other quality instructional sites out there.

For the record I'm not promoting any site. Hi-tech tennis is actually the site that I found helped me the most throughout the years. Love that guy!

ga tennis
05-09-2013, 08:28 AM
Heath is probably the best coach in America. He hasnt updated VIRTUAL TENNIS in years. Heath is my daughters coach and he is on another planet than anyone on here. The guy has taken multiple players from 8 to the pro tour. His students have won over 100 pro titles and over 30 gold balls. RESULTS DONT LIE!!!!

ga tennis
05-09-2013, 08:30 AM
Wow. Again this show's how silly people can be on the internet. John Yandell is a well respective member of this online community and has a quality product in his website. Heath Water coaches a world class athlete in his wife so we know his methods and instruction are sound.

There aspects of their teachings that I don't agree with but much I do agree with.

If your going to bash Heath on his voice well that's your prerogative but it tells me your we're even trying to listen to what he was saying in the 1st place. I'm not a member of tennisplayer.net but from a coaches perspective I know VTA is one the premium tennis instruction sites available. It's expensive but no one else gives you the in depth insider instruction video by video like he does. It's like he's talking to you on the court and he gives you real life easy to understand references to execute and reproduce. Clearly one of the best instructional site out there I've experienced and I've been to many of them. You wan't a world class coach, Heath is that person.

That said many speak highly about John's site as well though I haven't had the time to explore it, I believe what I've heard. However, just because some people here are John's Fan Bois doesn't mean there aren't other quality instructional sites out there.

For the record I'm not promoting any site. Hi-tech tennis is actually the site that I found helped me the most throughout the years. Love that guy!................

sureshs
05-09-2013, 08:43 AM

For the record I'm not promoting any site. Hi-tech tennis is actually the site that I found helped me the most throughout the years. Love that guy!

It took you 8 years to reply?

ga tennis
05-09-2013, 08:46 AM
I just saw the dates of the post and i realized how old this was.. Im an idiot...

05-09-2013, 09:06 AM
Heath is probably the best coach in America. He hasnt updated VIRTUAL TENNIS in years. Heath is my daughters coach and he is on another planet than anyone on here. RESULTS DONT LIE!!!!

Actually often results do lie. He's not a bad coach, but likely a better
recruiter than coach. If you go thru enough kids, recruit other coach's
great players, and work with families that have $$ to finance big efforts,
then that will quite often lead to success in Jrs ...where most just can't
afford to truly compete at the higher levels.

ga tennis
05-09-2013, 09:09 AM
Actually often results do lie. He's not a bad coach, but likely a better
recruiter than coach. If you go thru enough kids, recruit other coach's
great players, and work with families that have $$ to finance big efforts,
then that will quite often lead to success in Jrs ...where most just can't
afford to truly compete at the higher levels.

Your right those 7 and 8 year olds he is recruiting are world beaters.. He doesnt take ANY kids over 10!!!! He develops great players.... So if we talk about the other academies that recruit i might agree but Heath develops players from a very young age. Sorry i have been around all the top coaches for 30 years and none are close to Heath.

05-09-2013, 09:16 AM
Your right those 7 and 8 year olds he is recruiting are world beaters.. He doesnt take ANY kids over 10!!!! He develops great players.... So if we talk about the other academies that recruit i might agree but Heath develops players from a very young age. Sorry i have been around all the top coaches for 30 years and none are close to Heath.

Not correct info.
Maybe that is what he (or you) currently does, but not when he recorded much of that
results you quote. I know kids from all over that he recruited that were 9-14,
(they even flew in from different states)
and already #1 in their age group or even playing up.
You are buying too much of his hype and selling it here.
I didn't say he was a bad coach.

ga tennis
05-09-2013, 09:18 AM
Not correct info.
Maybe that is what he currently does, but not when he recorded much of that
results you quote. I know kids from all over that he recruited that were 9-14,
and already #1 in their age group or even playing up.

My daughter is in his academy now . Every kid is under 12. Maybe back in the 90s that was the case with some of his players. The 6 girls he got on tour he got em when they were under 12.

Tight Lines
05-09-2013, 09:43 AM
IMO, the material in virtual tennis academy is top notch, especially for advanced players. Heath Waters is a great coach. I wish I could get some private lessons from him. Best of all, the material is now free. All you have to do is sign up.

Harry

DavaiMarat
05-09-2013, 09:31 PM
It took you 8 years to reply?

Sorry. I didnt check the date.

I'm sorry I'm not familiar with you Suresh. You new?