PDA

View Full Version : TT iPhone Users Club

mikeler
02-21-2011, 05:30 AM
We can't let the Android people have all the fun. I started this thread in the hopes of sharing tips about the iPhone. So here is my tip that maybe some of you did not know. I never realized until I payed for Angry Birds that if you use a single iTunes account to purchase an app, you can download that app on 5 different devices at no additional cost.

Let's hear what you have to say about the iPhone...

Mansewerz
02-21-2011, 08:27 AM
Anyone using one of these unlocked on T-Mobile?

mikeler
02-21-2011, 09:03 AM

Rumors are abound that iPhone 5 will run on all 4 major carriers. We'll see.

SuperFly
02-21-2011, 10:02 AM

Mansewerz... I feel so betrayed....

Mansewerz
02-21-2011, 10:40 AM
I'm sorry :(

atatu
02-21-2011, 11:00 AM
I've got the 3Gs which is pretty good, but might have to go to the 5 whenever that comes out...

mikeler
02-21-2011, 11:12 AM
I've got the 3Gs which is pretty good, but might have to go to the 5 whenever that comes out...

I'm very happy with my iPhone 4. The HD camera is great.

Pidgeon
02-22-2011, 04:14 AM
3Gs here ... very happy with it :)

quest01
02-22-2011, 04:47 PM
I have an iphone 4, its by far the best phone in the universe, way better then Android OS based phones by a long shot. The retina display, HD camera, app store, and itunes are way better then any other phone on the market and its not even close. Android OS based phones are so far behind its not even funny. The iphone 4 was recently released on Verizon and it's made record sales, there selling by the millions.

Mansewerz
02-22-2011, 05:15 PM
iPhones are super user friendly, or so i've heard. My ipod touch, running on the same OS, is a very nice piece of equipment.

flyinghippos101
02-22-2011, 06:21 PM
I have an iphone 4, its by far the best phone in the universe, way better then Android OS based phones by a long shot. The retina display, HD camera, app store, and itunes are way better then any other phone on the market and its not even close. Android OS based phones are so far behind its not even funny. The iphone 4 was recently released on Verizon and it's made record sales, there selling by the millions.

We have our flash plug-ins :)

pepka
02-23-2011, 02:00 AM
Long time iPhone user here (2G, 3GS, 4), quite happy with it ;) I would never say that Android phones are that far behind though.

mikeler
02-23-2011, 04:43 AM
Flash is really the only thing missing from the iPhone. I tried setting up a friend's work e-mail on his Android phone and it was definitely more complicated than doing the same thing on the iPhone. It's weird because most Google products are so simple to use. That same friend said he spent all weekend learning about his Android phone. It did not take me more than a few minutes to figure out the majority of features in the iPhone. Just my 2 cents.

matt.flynn60
02-23-2011, 05:19 AM
I've got the iPhone 4 through my work. I basically just use it to email and text when I'm out of the office. If my kids had it I'm sure they would have 5,000 apps on it and spend all day staring at it.
It's nice but I wish it were a little smaller.

crystal_clear
02-23-2011, 05:29 AM
Flash is really the only thing missing from the iPhone. I tried setting up a friend's work e-mail on his Android phone and it was definitely more complicated than doing the same thing on the iPhone. It's weird because most Google products are so simple to use. That same friend said he spent all weekend learning about his Android phone. It did not take me more than a few minutes to figure out the majority of features in the iPhone. Just my 2 cents.

iPhon4 has Flash. One night I dropped my bluetooth in the car and couldn't find it. I downloaded a flashlight app to my iphone and my bluetooth was retrieved in no time.

mikeler
02-23-2011, 05:49 AM
iPhon4 has Flash. One night I dropped my bluetooth in the car and couldn't find it. I downloaded a flashlight app to my iphone and my bluetooth was retrieved in no time.

I was referring to Macromedia Flash which is used as a plug-in for a number of websites to display advanced graphics.

rommil
02-23-2011, 06:15 AM
Had a 2g, 3g then 4.......now I gotta get a VW GTI :) that I can hook it up to.

mikeler
02-23-2011, 06:29 AM
Had a 2g, 3g then 4.......now I gotta get a VW GTI :) that I can hook it up to.

Same with me. When I upgraded to my 3g, my wife took my 2g. For her birthday last year, I decided to buy her the 4. I was also eligible for the upgrade so she wanted me to get the 4 too so I could explore the new features and show her. She did not have to twist my arm too much. :)

rommil
02-23-2011, 07:06 AM
Same with me. When I upgraded to my 3g, my wife took my 2g. For her birthday last year, I decided to buy her the 4. I was also eligible for the upgrade so she wanted me to get the 4 too so I could explore the new features and show her. She did not have to twist my arm too much. :)

Big reason I stick with the GSM version of iphone.....If I upgrade, I can have the previous phone unlocked and can use it as a local phone in other countries or give it to my sisters in the Philippines. Just replace the SIM.

TDL
02-23-2011, 08:11 AM
Making TTTW Tapatalk-compatible would be great!

Jfolks259
02-23-2011, 08:44 AM
As Daniel Tosh would say "BlackBerrys are for old people that think typing on an iPhone is scary!"

I have the 4 and I love it. The only problem I have with it is my home button pretty much has to be hit as hard as i'm capable of to actually work but then five minutes later just a touch will do. Anybody else have this problem?

richtor
02-23-2011, 09:00 AM
Does anyone have the n900 from nokia? Its the best phone I have ever used!

mikeler
02-23-2011, 09:13 AM
As Daniel Tosh would say "BlackBerrys are for old people that think typing on an iPhone is scary!"

I have the 4 and I love it. The only problem I have with it is my home button pretty much has to be hit as hard as i'm capable of to actually work but then five minutes later just a touch will do. Anybody else have this problem?

I love Tosh! Supposedly the Swype typing is good on the Androids. Doesn't sound like it will come to the iPhone.

quest01
02-23-2011, 11:13 AM

Yes iOS is much more user friendly compared to Android OS devices.

Mansewerz
02-23-2011, 01:44 PM
iOS is probably the most user friendly. Apple is good at that.

I wish iPhones would get swype, but I doubt Apple wants to work with swype. Shame really

T1000
02-23-2011, 01:56 PM
Got a 4 and love it. currently trying to get bbm on it without using a blackberry since all my friends have bbs and use bbm

Mansewerz
02-23-2011, 02:43 PM
If I get an unlocked one, anyone know if t-mobile will force me to get a data plan?

rommil
02-23-2011, 03:59 PM
If I get an unlocked one, anyone know if t-mobile will force me to get a data plan?

I wouldn't think they would force you since technically tmObile doesn't know you're using an iPhone . Question would be how you would connect to Internet sans wifi and I'm not familiar with tmobile data plans.

Mansewerz
02-23-2011, 04:50 PM
Sometimes they can tell, I think. I would not be using internet sans wifi.

rommil
02-23-2011, 06:47 PM
Sometimes they can tell, I think. I would not be using internet sans wifi.

How would they?

Mansewerz
02-23-2011, 07:37 PM
Not sure. I think the sim card sends feedback to them. Though, since it's unlocked, they shouldn't be able to tell. I know when I switched phones once, online my new phone came up.

mikeler
02-24-2011, 05:20 AM
My father-in-law bought the Tom Tom GPS app for $35. Since Apple allows it to be placed on 5 devices, my wife now has it. I just need to download it. Awesome app.

flashfire276
02-24-2011, 07:50 AM
iPhone 3G 8GB here! Jailbroken and customized to the max, so I can do so much with it. Unlocked it, but I'm still on AT&T, so there's no point.
On the backup, I have an iPod 1G 8 GB.

Anyone here selling their old iPhones? Send me a message!

flashfire276
02-24-2011, 07:52 AM

Nope. Done it before, and I was still on my minutes/text plan.
BUT!! Did you know you can browse on T Mobile's Yahoo! site for free? So you can check Facebook, weather, Yahoo! Mail, and everything on the Yahoo! Mobile site without getting charged with data usage?