PDA

View Full Version : Prince NXG MP vs Diablo MP

ian5
04-22-2004, 04:55 PM
Can anyone compare the rackets and how they play?

mrwise
04-23-2004, 01:39 PM
I have played with both rackets and have gone back and forth between the two. I weighted up the Diablo MP and really liked it from the baseline, however the extra weight at the net just gave it way too much power and I had trouble getting the racket ready. I thought that serving was great with the Diablo MP...flat serves were hard...spin serves were pretty good as well. I think the Diablo is so much more solid on feel than the NXG. I did not weight the NXG when I played with it. I used to play with the Control DB 800 (MP) and the NXG has the same muted feel. I think it comes from the air handle and not having grommets. The biggest part of the NXG that I noticed is that I had a lot of trouble closing the face of the racket on really hard hits. The ball just flys...Whereas with the Diablo I was able to cover the ball with the face of the racket with no problem. I have tried to put washers inside of the air handle to eliminate the space between. It seems to have helped a little bit. If I was going to recommed one or the other I would have to go with the Diablo. If you have played with one of the other MORE Series rackets and liked it, then perhaps the NXG is for you, but I really don't see the NXG as being a great feel racket...Hope this helps. I would appreciate anyone else's comments on whether you have had the same type of problem covering the ball with the NXG.

Mark Ng
04-24-2004, 06:48 PM
I've tested both and bought the NXG MP. I was not hitting the sweetspot of the Diablo consistantly and experienced some balls flying and others falling too short. The NXG was better in all areas, serving, volleying, returns of serves. I preferred the muted feel of the NXG. The Diablo was more flexy and the NXG felt more stiff. Originally has a bit of trouble getting used to the extra .25 inch, but no such problem now. Just goes to show different preferences to difference folks. Best to demo if you have a chance.