PDA

View Full Version : PwC Elevator Speech Contest - I Need Your Support!

Jfolks259
02-23-2011, 02:06 PM
Hey fellow TT members! I'm a student at Northern Illinois University and the firm PricewaterhouseCoopers is having a contest where you submit a video of yourself and the best video will be rewarded with $5,000. I would love your guys support! I thought this would be a good way to get a few extra votes from some tennis lovers! Vote for Josh Folkerts! Thanks

http://apps.facebook.com/pwcvideocontest/contests/91023/voteable_entries?ogn=facebook

Also, does anyone here work in the accounting profession? I have an upcoming internship and would love some insight!

r2473
02-23-2011, 02:13 PM
Are you working in the Chicago office?

As far as your internship goes, just make sure you are well liked by both bosses and peers to ensure that they offer you a job upon graduation. Even if you don't want the job, it would look terrible if you didn't get an offer from the place you intern.

As far as the profession, are you in "audit" or "tax"? You'll just be doing low level stuff that will be well below your intelligence for your internship and your first few years at "the firm". Just try to make friends and do quality work. Make sure the clients have a favorable impression of you as well because that is who your next employer will be.

Jfolks259
02-23-2011, 03:30 PM
Yeah I will be in the Chicago office. Thanks for the hints. I take it you speak from experience?

r2473
02-23-2011, 04:12 PM
I worked in Chicago for Andersen (obviously that has been a few years ago).