PDA

View Full Version : Barking dog driving us crazy!!

tennytive
02-24-2011, 06:32 AM
What do you do with next door neighbors who refuse to keep their dog from barking!!?? This has been going on ever since he was a puppy. At first we tried to stay patient and hope they would train him to stop. That didn't work. He still barks, inside, outside it doesn't matter, and the owners can be standing or sitting right next to the dog and act oblivious. But usually they just let him out to bark at any and everything while they stay indoors. Naturally when the dog wants inů more barking.

After a year we asked them to keep the dog quiet. They said no. After 2 years we bought a Guardian anti-barking device and installed it on our fence. They insisted we remove it which led to a heated exchange. Our patience exhausted, we ended up having to call the police.

The police informed them that it's not allowed, and a fine-able offense. However, they also said the city ordinance can only be enforced if we go to court and press charges. Basically they said it was out of their hands, and good luck with it. After they left it was only a matter of minutes before the dog was outside again barking with impunity. :evil:

I'm now considering a dog whistle. The Guardian seems to work much to the neighbor's chagrin, but the range is limited and only works when the dog is in that immediate area. If the dog whistle works, I might have enough control to limit his barking no matter where he is in the yard.

I've read some reviews on a few whistles and they're mixed. Anyone here with any tips or recommendations that might save our sanity?

billsgwn
02-24-2011, 06:51 AM
What do you do with next door neighbors who refuse to keep their dog from barking!!?? This has been going on ever since he was a puppy. At first we tried to stay patient and hope they would train him to stop. That didn't work. He still barks, inside, outside it doesn't matter, and the owners can be standing or sitting right next to the dog and act oblivious. But usually they just let him out to bark at any and everything while they stay indoors. Naturally when the dog wants inů more barking.

After a year we asked them to keep the dog quiet. They said no. After 2 years we bought a Guardian anti-barking device and installed it on our fence. They insisted we remove it which led to a heated exchange. Our patience exhausted, we ended up having to call the police.

The police informed them that it's not allowed, and a fine-able offense. However, they also said the city ordinance can only be enforced if we go to court and press charges. Basically they said it was out of their hands, and good luck with it. After they left it was only a matter of minutes before the dog was outside again barking with impunity. :evil:

I'm now considering a dog whistle. The Guardian seems to work much to the neighbor's chagrin, but the range is limited and only works when the dog is in that immediate area. If the dog whistle works, I might have enough control to limit his barking no matter where he is in the yard.

I've read some reviews on a few whistles and they're mixed. Anyone here with any tips or recommendations that might save our sanity?

I had this problem several years ago and the owner acted the same way. After trying to wait it out I eventually got fed up so bought some of those poppers that sound like firecrackers and whenever that dog came running toward my fence barking, I thrrew a few of them towards the ground in his direction and the dog took off running. Do it everytime the dog comes near you and it pretty much stopped coming near that fence if I was outside.

mikeler
02-24-2011, 07:19 AM
Buy some really big speakers, point them at their house and play loud music all day long.

sureshs
02-24-2011, 07:32 AM
There are some ultrasonic devices out there which only the dog can hear. Don't know if they are legal - because you are causing pain to someone else's dog - but I think they trigger automatically on a bark and send a painful sound to the dog who thus learns not to bark.

Otherwise, call the police. After a certain number of verified complaints, the law requires the people to be evicted.

Edit: see that you have covered all this.

subz
02-24-2011, 07:34 AM
Can't you take legal action, like go to the court or the housing authority etc. There must be a rule against loud neighbours.

LuckyR
02-24-2011, 07:37 AM
You have a few options. The easiest is to speak with the neighbor on the other side of the jerks and convince them to get a Guardian too. Unless the jerk's lot is wider than about 100 feet, the two untis should cover their yard. If they are unwilling, then I would go into stealth mode, buy a Gaurdian unit and deconstruct it to it's guts, and place it into an artificial rock (typically used for outdoor speakers) and go over the fence at 0300 and place it in the jerk's backyard.

woodrow1029
02-24-2011, 07:42 AM
Look into the city ordinance. It has been my experience that a lot of city ordinances only prohibit dog barking between the hours of 9:00 pm and 9:00 am.

woodrow1029
02-24-2011, 07:44 AM
Also, be careful using devices such as dog whistles on someone else's dog. If it turns out that your city ordinance does not prohibit dog barking during the day, and you do something to harm the dog, you are going to be the one that is getting sued.

borg number one
02-24-2011, 07:44 AM
Can't you take legal action, like go to the court or the housing authority etc. There must be a rule against loud neighbours.

Well, one could make a case for "private nuisance" here in the United States. To prevail, you would have to prove that there has been a "substantial and unreasonable interference with the use and enjoyment of your property". If you prevail, you may be able to have the Owner take some steps to alleviate the nuisance. It's not easy to prevail, as the interference does have to "substantial and unreasonable" but it may be worth a shot if it's really bad.

eliza
02-24-2011, 07:51 AM

This is one of the example of WHOM is truly intelligent. Sorry, cheap shot.
It looks like the dog has nothing to do, you and your neighbor would probably find something else to fight on.
Anyhow: I train rescued Dobermanns, few had issues with morons of the human nature, and it sounds like your puppy had the same fate.
Does this puppy live inside the house?Or always outside? Is he left alone long hours? Is he provided with water, food regularly? Are these people interacting with him? Is he socialized outside of family members?
I need more in order to advice you. Barking is the simplest of issues, BTW. No sense to make it a legal battle.

eliza
02-24-2011, 07:54 AM
There are some ultrasonic devices out there which only the dog can hear. Don't know if they are legal - because you are causing pain to someone else's dog - but I think they trigger automatically on a bark and send a painful sound to the dog who thus learns not to bark.

Otherwise, call the police. After a certain number of verified complaints, the law requires the people to be evicted.

Edit: see that you have covered all this.

Yeah suresh, and the dog instead of barking starts crying, all day, b/c his ears hurt. How about that?

woodrow1029
02-24-2011, 07:55 AM
It looks like the dog has nothing to do, you and your neighbor would probably find something else to fight on.
Anyhow: I train rescued Dobermanns, few had issues with morons of the human nature, and it sounds like your puppy had the same fate.
Does this puppy live inside the house?Or always outside? Is he left alone long hours? Is he provided with water, food regularly? Are these people interacting with him? Is he socialized outside of family members?
I need more in order to advice you. Barking is the simplest of issues, BTW. No sense to make it a legal battle.

Out there. First of all this is not their dog, it's the neighbor's dog. Secondly, barking is NOT ALWAYS the simplest of issues. Finally, if they are here in the USA, unfortunately, everything is a legal battle.

Kevin T
02-24-2011, 07:56 AM
You have a few options. The easiest is to speak with the neighbor on the other side of the jerks and convince them to get a Guardian too. Unless the jerk's lot is wider than about 100 feet, the two untis should cover their yard. If they are unwilling, then I would go into stealth mode, buy a Gaurdian unit and deconstruct it to it's guts, and place it into an artificial rock (typically used for outdoor speakers) and go over the fence at 0300 and place it in the jerk's backyard.

I like the way you think. :) Though, I would also be at neighbor's door every day complaining, just to make it nice and annoying for him.

eliza
02-24-2011, 07:58 AM
Out there. First of all this is not their dog, it's the neighbor's dog. Secondly, barking is NOT ALWAYS the simplest of issues. Finally, if they are here in the USA, unfortunately, everything is a legal battle.

DO not take it hard, but I am interested only in the OP's response. I am in the US, and yes, barking is the simplest issue a dog may present.

r2473
02-24-2011, 08:00 AM
Call animal control.

Or....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_Ntz94Fveg

EDIT: By the way, the neighbors dogs all crap in our front yard. Especially the next door neighbor's dog. They have a fenced back yard, but instead they just let the dog out the front door to do his thing.....maybe in their yard, maybe in our yard, maybe somewhere else.

Just after we moved in, the neighbor called to us over the fence (she is almost exactly our age. Our fence is a 6+ foot stone wall for what it's worth). She said **SOMEBODY** had smeared dog crap on the windshield of their Porsche (these guys are real ostentatious yuppy jerks by the way) and that this had never happened before we moved in.

The dog also likes to position itself just outside of our gate (in our yard) and yap when our dogs are in the backyard, which drives our dogs crazy. This means that I have to go out and get my dogs and bring them in (so their dog can crap in my yard).

Actually, the dog across the street also craps in my front yard (and others too....I've seen people taking their dogs for walks and they just let little sparky crap / **** on our grass and walk away).

So, why don't I do anything? First, I have dogs too. The last thing I want to do is start one of those neighbor feuds. They just escalate, cause lots of stress and frustration, and nobody wins. Picking up crap takes me a few minutes, as does retrieving my dogs. I don't really "get off" on this sort of thing (my wife on the other hand wants to "really get em'").

Just one of those things.

I know people in the OP's position have fed the neighbor dogs anti-freeze / rat poison / etc. Yup, sad but true of course. This is often how far these things escalate.

It's too bad. For every 8 responsible dog owners there are usually 2 jerks. I guess it is just the law of averages.

woodrow1029
02-24-2011, 08:06 AM
DO not take it hard, but I am interested only in the OP's response. I am in the US, and yes, barking is the simplest issue a dog may present.

What I am saying is that barking is not always the simplest issue to fix. There may be underlying problems such as health problems that do not require training but medical attention.

Also, if you are only interested in the OP's response, a discussion forum isn't the best place to be. Maybe email.

Dedans Penthouse
02-24-2011, 08:14 AM
Call animal control.

Or....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_Ntz94Fveg

Or....

"You wanna bark punk?....go ahead, make my day...."

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c1/Natlamp73.jpg

sureshs
02-24-2011, 09:39 AM

But barking can drive people crazy. Imagine being unable to sleep because of that and how it will affect your job the next day. These things are not to be taken lightly. People who say "in the US, people are too sensitive and sue all the time" say that only because they can't do anything about it where they are or they lead unproductive lives where going to work hours late does not matter.

When we lived in apartments, we have called the police several times for bass music played at night which just vibrated thru the walls. After 3 times, the landlord has to evict them. Calling the police worked like a charm. With some of these folks, going over and knocking on the door is actually not a safe thing to do. One time the police officer hid for a while and observed whether any of the offenders would try to come over and knock on our door to find out if we had complained.

sureshs
02-24-2011, 09:40 AM
By the way, the neighbors dogs all crap in our front yard.

They read your posts here and are sending you a message :-)

r2473
02-24-2011, 09:42 AM
They read your posts here and are sending you a message :-)

That makes baby jesus cry :(

sureshs
02-24-2011, 09:46 AM
Yeah suresh, and the dog instead of barking starts crying, all day, b/c his ears hurt. How about that?

It will hurt only if it barks, right, because that is when the ultrasound is emitted? How can it hurt all day?

In this case, it is the neighbor who should be made to cry.

heycal
02-24-2011, 09:48 AM
If the dog's barking is driving him crazy, I really don't see why he can't go on a killing spree in the outer boroughs for a year or so to relieve his stress. That's what some folks in my neck of the woods have done.

LuckyR
02-24-2011, 09:53 AM
"Ears hurt"? It is like a whistle to break the dog's concentration it isn't a sonic deathray...

813wilson
02-24-2011, 09:55 AM

What kind of dog is it?

Do you live in a townhouse? I'm asking because you said you can hear it inside?.... Wow!

A couple of innocent things you can do - aside from a few of the beter ideas posted. Try giving it food. Peanut butter or "jelly fruit fish" - those big sugar chewy candies. Those two items will have the dog smacking lips for a really long time. Or spicy salsa - same thing.

I know these don't seem legitimate, but they are safe for the dog and will keep it quiet for a while - allowing you time to find a permanent solution.

Good luck - nothing worse than dogs that have people instead of the other way around.....

Kevin T
02-24-2011, 10:20 AM
To me, there's nothing more disrespectful than a dog owner allowing their pet to drop a deuce in my yard or on the sidewalk in front of my house and not picking it up. I'm not trying to be a tough guy, nor do I enjoy physical confrontations, but here's what I did in this situation about a year ago (true story):

Every morning on the way out to my car, I was greeted by a nice pile of dog poo on the sidewalk right in front of my house. The first couple of times, I chalked it up to an accident...maybe the dog pooed twice that morning and the owner only had one bag, etc. But this happened EVERY morning for two solid weeks. I pulled the old 'tabasco/hot salsa' trick in the dog's prefered toilet spot for a few days and that didn't work. Now we're going on 3-4 weeks of picking up dog doo in front of my house.

Now I'm fuming (my wife was much calmer and didn't want me to go this far) and I make a little sign basically saying "It is disrespectful to allow your dog to poo without picking up-we are watching and will not hesitate to call the police"...our town/neighborhood fines lazy pet owners ~$300, similar to littering. Mind you, I'm not getting up at 5am to spy on early morning dog walkers but I thought the threat might work. Close to two weeks later and still there's poo out front. I'm famous for my patience but when the temper blows, it's volcanic and I was ready to literally put a headlock on someone. I get up at 4am the next morning and sit in my front living room in the dark...waiting...waiting...finally the culprit comes by...a middle age guy in a track suit. He lets his dog drop a load and keep cruising down the sidewalk. I run out and confront him, thank him for being such a fine citizen and allowing his dog to deuce-up my driveway for months. Guy acts like he can't hear me and picks up the pace. I warn him the cops will be called and I've photographed the whole thing (which I did). He keeps walking, then says "Call em ****". Oh no you didn't!! I proceed to pick up the doo and chuck it straight for his head, unfortunately missing but walking after him. The guy picks up the pace, headed out of Dodge.

It's been a year and my area is poo-free. I'm not really proud of myself but I did hand the evidence over to the cops and our neighboorhood group....luckily the guy didn't report me for assault with a dog turd. My wife hated me for a month after that incident. :)

angharad
02-24-2011, 10:23 AM
A couple of innocent things you can do - aside from a few of the beter ideas posted. Try giving it food. Peanut butter or "jelly fruit fish" - those big sugar chewy candies. Those two items will have the dog smacking lips for a really long time. Or spicy salsa - same thing.

I know these don't seem legitimate, but they are safe for the dog and will keep it quiet for a while - allowing you time to find a permanent solution.

Good luck - nothing worse than dogs that have people instead of the other way around.....

I'd really advise against giving someone else's dog any food. While peanut butter is generally safe (providing no food allergies), those jelly fruit fish make a great choking hazard, and most salsas contain onion, which can be toxic to dogs.

Try talking to your neighbors again, try talking to your other neighbors who might be disturbed by the dog, and try to get the police involved if all else fails.

Kam2010
02-24-2011, 10:32 AM
Get some loud speakers like the previous poster suggested and play this really loud when the dog starts barking the neighbours might freak out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux5JTBLZUWk&feature=related - get an ak and start shooting the dog

mikeler
02-24-2011, 10:42 AM
My neighbor has one of these:

http://www.mysecuritysign.com/img/lg/s/leave-address-dog-poop-sign-s-5616.gif

eliza
02-24-2011, 11:12 AM
But barking can drive people crazy. Imagine being unable to sleep because of that and how it will affect your job the next day. These things are not to be taken lightly. People who say "in the US, people are too sensitive and sue all the time" say that only because they can't do anything about it where they are or they lead unproductive lives where going to work hours late does not matter.

When we lived in apartments, we have called the police several times for bass music played at night which just vibrated thru the walls. After 3 times, the landlord has to evict them. Calling the police worked like a charm. With some of these folks, going over and knocking on the door is actually not a safe thing to do. One time the police officer hid for a while and observed whether any of the offenders would try to come over and knock on our door to find out if we had complained.

Gosh, I feel very sorry for you. Calling the police b/c the music is too high? Using the legal system for a dog? Is that possible that people are so devious? So sick? to feed antifreeze to a poor animal, killing him for the human's fault?
Are you really insane?
Did you forget you were born with the faculty of speech? Where is reason? Where common sense?
Tennistyve, e-mail me instead of posting, I will help you. I could bet I could "cure"the puppy in one week.........................

sureshs
02-24-2011, 11:28 AM
Gosh, I feel very sorry for you. Calling the police b/c the music is too high? Using the legal system for a dog? Is that possible that people are so devious? So sick? to feed antifreeze to a poor animal, killing him for the human's fault?
Are you really insane?
Did you forget you were born with the faculty of speech? Where is reason? Where common sense?
Tennistyve, e-mail me instead of posting, I will help you. I could bet I could "cure"the puppy in one week.........................

Common sense tells me to not to talk to a bunch of people who are playing loud music at night and maybe high on drugs or alcohol.

Otherwise why the police officer wait and watch to see if there was any repurcussion from complaining?

In a non-apartment situation when you kind of know your neighbors, it is a different story. But not always.

And I was not talking about poisoning the dog. It is the owner who needs to understand that noise pollution is like other kinds of pollution.

The legal system exists to enforce the law. People who break the law are the ones with the burden of bearing the blame. I used to live in a place where some young hooligans hung a loudspeaker from the balcony of someone's apartment and blasted music the whole day and night. The resident was an old man with heart problems. When he complained, they told him he needs to adjust to society.

r2473
02-24-2011, 11:55 AM
Common sense tells me to not to talk to a bunch of people who are playing loud music at night and maybe high on drugs or alcohol.

Funny thing is, the house on the other side of us is basically a crash house for a bunch of mid-twenty somethings to get drunk, smoke pot, and have sex. I don't really mind this crew actually, but they do start to get noisy (I'm told) around 2-3 in the morning some weekends (nothing wakes me up). Otherwise, they are probably the best people in our cul-de-sac (all things considered). We did ask them to keep it down, but I imagine they really aren't thinking of this when they are blitzed out of their minds at 3 in the morning. Crazy kids.

KevinT: Probably not something I would do. The lady across the street just has her dog running around crapping everywhere. Which is kind of funny because she also called animal control on us THE VERY FIRST DAY we went to work after moving in (we moved in basically over Christmas a few years ago).

We talked to animal control and told them our situation. They (basically) told us who called (though they can't really tell us) and told us that they would be fairly understanding if she called again. The dog was actually in our house, but was apparently barking all day (guess she was scared to be in the new place alone).

But the lady is really old. Her mid-fifties daughter lives with her. She like to "boink" the lawn mower guy (as she poetically put it one day). I try to stay away from them as much as possible.

sureshs
02-24-2011, 11:57 AM
Funny thing is, the house on the other side of us is basically a crash house for a bunch of mid-twenty somethings to get drunk, smoke pot, and have sex.

May I ask how you know about the last part?

r2473
02-24-2011, 12:01 PM
May I ask how you know about the last part?

mmmmm.....just a wild guess given the crew that hangs out there.

I don't know, maybe they are just playing scrabble.

They invite me to party with them all the time. They hate my wife though (she's not as cool as me). For some reason I decline. They were also nice enough to toss me beers as they watched me paint my house a few summers ago. Nice crew really.

Almost forgot....as I was painting the house one of the girls was getting a tattoo on her breast in their backyard (I guess someone in the crew is a tattoo artist). Wow....exciting times let me tell ya.

hollywood9826
02-24-2011, 12:08 PM
Is the mid fifties daughter hot? I have a lawnmower. and the fact that she actually said "Boink" would make me more inclined to actually bionking her.

tennytive
02-24-2011, 12:09 PM
Thanks for your replies, although several seem like no one read my OP. I have an anti bark device set up that was inspected by the police when they were here and approved to remain despite her objections. I had hoped the police would have enforced the city ordinance which is 24 hours, not just overnight, but they implied my only recourse was court.

It's a Puggle. Half Pug, half Beagle. Research finds that Beagles bark incessantly and are resistant to training.

What irks us most is the passive aggressive above the law spiteful attitude these neighbors have. More than once they've admitted it to be a problem and said they were taking steps (shock collar) to remedy the situation so that the neighborhood didn't hate them. However when asked how that was working, they decided to abandon that approach as it inflicted unnecessary pain on their dog even though it already was wearing an electric fence collar. ?? Instead their new solution was for me to put my ailing parents in a nursing home, or better yet, have them put to sleep. That way I would move back to my apartment and their lives could go back to "normal".

Blasting loud music would only make me as bad as they are and disturb other neighbors. I thought of an air horn, and still might try that, but since the whistle is silent I would prefer that option.

Eliza, normally I enjoy your posts, but what is it your suggesting? That the dog is somehow smarter than I am? I've thought of almost everything suggested here and either tried or rejected many of those options based on common sense. I realize it's the owners fault more than the dog's so telling me something I probably already know doesn't sound like offering much help. The dog is ignored and not exercised enough not to mention being teased. Irresponsible self righteous owners, period.

How do I *know* this? Because when their family leaves on vacations, they don't take the dog with them. (It's a vacation, remember?) Instead they have another neighbor come to the house and watch him. During this time the dog almost NEVER barks, because that person is kind enough to spend time with the dog and is old enough to remember that keeping a dog from disturbing the neighbors is the rule not the exception.

Sorry for my long rant, and sureshs, I really appreciate your voice of reason.

My question remains. Has anyone tried and had luck with a dog whistle?

r2473
02-24-2011, 12:18 PM
Is the mid fifties daughter hot? I have a lawnmower. and the fact that she actually said "Boink" would make me more inclined to actually bionking her.

No

Talker
02-24-2011, 12:19 PM

Why are you waiting? Go to court and get it over with.
Don't waste time thinking about the situation, resolve it quickly.
Sometimes you have to do things you don't want but that's just how it is.
Good luck!

Underhand
02-24-2011, 12:46 PM

Feed the dog with haggis.

eliza
02-24-2011, 01:07 PM
Tennytive, looks like you do not want advice, just barking.....
BTW, shock collar cause fear aggression, and your whistles do NOT work. Sorry. I have to say that people who believe a certain dog is "untrainable" make me do this: WOWOWWOWOWOWOWOWOOWOWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! ;)

woodrow1029
02-24-2011, 01:10 PM
What kind of dog is it?

Do you live in a townhouse? I'm asking because you said you can hear it inside?.... Wow!

oi. Don't listen to this advice.

GetBetterer
02-24-2011, 01:24 PM
Simple!

You put the dog in a better place...

Kevin T
02-24-2011, 01:35 PM
Funny thing is, the house on the other side of us is basically a crash house for a bunch of mid-twenty somethings to get drunk, smoke pot, and have sex. I don't really mind this crew actually, but they do start to get noisy (I'm told) around 2-3 in the morning some weekends (nothing wakes me up). Otherwise, they are probably the best people in our cul-de-sac (all things considered). We did ask them to keep it down, but I imagine they really aren't thinking of this when they are blitzed out of their minds at 3 in the morning. Crazy kids.

KevinT: Probably not something I would do. The lady across the street just has her dog running around crapping everywhere. Which is kind of funny because she also called animal control on us THE VERY FIRST DAY we went to work after moving in (we moved in basically over Christmas a few years ago).

We talked to animal control and told them our situation. They (basically) told us who called (though they can't really tell us) and told us that they would be fairly understanding if she called again. The dog was actually in our house, but was apparently barking all day (guess she was scared to be in the new place alone).

But the lady is really old. Her mid-fifties daughter lives with her. She like to "boink" the lawn mower guy (as she poetically put it one day). I try to stay away from them as much as possible.

Yeah, not my finest hour and usually not something I would do. I was just enraged by 30 days of picking up another dog's logs. I also found out from long-term residents of the neighborhood he's a real arse. The guy is certainly capable of picking up after his dog. If it was a crazy old lady like your situation, I'd probably be more understanding.

Don't you love neighbors that volunteer so much personal information in a five minute conversation? I haven't heard the word "boink" in a while, so I might be inclined to talk to her more...just for the entertainment factor.

pabletion
02-24-2011, 01:42 PM
killit!

just kiddin... (half-kiddin). Since youre living in the US, where you get sued if you fart, why not sue? Speak to a lawyer and find out what your legal options are. Id first do that, find the legal actions I could take, then go talk to the neighbours, and tell them really really seriously that you cant take it anymore and that they either take actions so the dog will shut the hell up, or youre taking them to court.....

Dunno if court time would do the job, or if you have a case where you live, but if that doesnt work, definitely an antibarking device like youve stated, a whistle or something like that that can actually bother the damn dog.

SteveI
02-24-2011, 01:50 PM
killit!

just kiddin... (half-kiddin). Since youre living in the US, where you get sued if you fart, why not sue? Speak to a lawyer and find out what your legal options are. Id first do that, find the legal actions I could take, then go talk to the neighbours, and tell them really really seriously that you cant take it anymore and that they either take actions so the dog will shut the hell up, or youre taking them to court.....

Dunno if court time would do the job, or if you have a case where you live, but if that doesnt work, definitely an antibarking device like youve stated, a whistle or something like that that can actually bother the damn dog.

I like this one...drag the dog owner into court! Sue!
Even if you have limited rights...make this jerk take notice.

fruitytennis1
02-24-2011, 01:58 PM
Same situation about 2 years ago.
Neighbors had a scottish terrier which they did not interact with at all.
4 a.m. every morning they let it out...and bark bark bark...neighbors 3 doors over heard this.
Asked them not to do this- they said we have to let the dog.
Sent a complaint. Dog didn't come out for like 2 weeks then it started again.
Complained again...exact samething
I think around a month after the dog was put down for the 3rd strike(Biting a person)

GetBetterer
02-24-2011, 01:59 PM
I like this one...drag the dog owner into court! Sue!
Even if you have limited rights...make this jerk take notice.

Could get a small petition from yourself and neighbors that find the dog annoying.

Kam2010
02-24-2011, 03:53 PM
Why dont you just pay a hitman to take the dog out

grimmbomb21
02-24-2011, 04:17 PM
*Deleted.**

Inappropriate Vick joke. :)

tennytive
02-25-2011, 04:54 AM
Tennytive, looks like you do not want advice, just barking.....
BTW, shock collar cause fear aggression, and your whistles do NOT work. Sorry. I have to say that people who believe a certain dog is "untrainable" make me do this: WOWOWWOWOWOWOWOWOOWOWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! ;)

I really don't need advice from someone who sounds just like the dog.

borg number one
02-25-2011, 05:16 AM
Try working this out without actual litigation, but perhaps a cerified letter citing your available legal remedy would be helpful I'd recommend that perhaps you send a letter to the Owner or try and discuss things with him (which sounds difficult). Note this case below as an example of how one can prevail on a private nuisnce suit as to a loud dog (look for cases in your state and cite those as precedent for your situation). You could pursue a lawsuit in small claims court, even without a lawyer to try and have a court rule that the neighbors need to make adjustments to avoid creating the nuisance.

http://www.wisbar.org/res/capp/2010/2009ap002794.htm

A private nuisance exists when there is a condition or activity that unduly interferes with the use of land. Hocking v. City of Dodgeville, 2009 WI 70, Â37, ___ Wis. 2d ___, 768 N.W.2d 522. Here, the circuit court rested its determination that a private nuisance existed on extensive findings of fact. The court set forth the spatial relationship of the condominium units (Patel lived in the upper unit and the Seegers lived in the lower unit). Next, the court found that Patel's dog barked continuously; the noise prompted the Seegers to contact the condominium association, the management company, and the police; the condominium management company contacted Patel to explain that the continued barking of the dog was not acceptable; the condominium association imposed fines as a result of the continuing disturbances, and, in a letter dated April 23, 2008, the condominium association informed Patel that the dog was "being allowed onto the balcony unsupervised and [was] urinating on the balcony and onto the property below." Patel did not stop the dog from persistent barking; the Seegers moved out of their unit and leased it to the Johnsons; and, the Johnsons moved out of the unit before the expiration of the lease. Our review of the record revealed testimony and documentary evidence sufficient to support the court's factual findings.(4)

Â8 The court explained that "continuous noise of the barking dog over an extended period of time at all hours of the day and night" interfered with the Seegers' use and enjoyment of their condominium. The court also held that the dog "us[ing] the [upper] deck as a bathroom" supported the claim of nuisance.

Bartelby
02-25-2011, 05:29 AM
The answer is complicated but simple. You need to follow your neighbours for a little while, see what they do, see who they know, see their vices, see their virtues, see what social institutions they respect and then probe for weaknesses, everybody has them, and then strike them with their weaknesses and your complaint there where they don't want to hear it and in front of those that they respect.

heycal
02-25-2011, 06:10 AM
If the dog's barking is driving him crazy, I really don't see why he can't go on a killing spree in the outer boroughs for a year or so to relieve his stress. That's what some folks in my neck of the woods have done.

^
Anyone? (Dedans not allowed to play:))

max
02-25-2011, 06:59 AM
Poisoned meat.

albino smurf
02-25-2011, 07:23 AM
Good luck. I've tried to deal with a neighbor that is belligerent and basically until they do something violent and it is witnessed there is little you can do in these sorts of disputes. My only real advice is don't stoop to their level and hopefully they will realize they're in the wrong at some point.

Richard Pur
02-25-2011, 09:31 AM
Why dont you just pay a hitman to take the dog out

Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Newman and Kramer kidnap the barking dog that is bothering Elaine. LOL

My friend has new neighbors with a barking dog, and setting off a fire cracker works great. Something small like an M80 would work. : - )

Personally, I have a neighbor with a beagle and those things can bark forever. While I have called the cops on occasion (and that works in our area), we've had an influx of coyotes in Illinois and am hoping he is taken out by one of those.

Dedans Penthouse
02-25-2011, 12:14 PM
^
Anyone? (Dedans not allowed to play:))What, year-long shooting sprees? * yawn * Been there, done that.

At the same time, I do have a sentimental streak that surfaces from time to time so ya never know .... ;-)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3586/3371108685_88d686c6ae.jpg

GetBetterer
02-25-2011, 02:59 PM
Richard_Pur:
Personally, I have a neighbor with a beagle and those things can bark forever. While I have called the cops on occasion (and that works in our area), we've had an influx of coyotes in Illinois and am hoping he is taken out by one of those.

Actually, dogs beat coyotes lol. Coyotes are scavengers and small animal hunters.

Get a pack of wolves -- unless it's a female dog, then you just get a pregnant barking dog that will breed even more barking dogs.

Sentinel
02-25-2011, 07:56 PM
why not try an alternative approach?

make friends with the dog, and the people. if you like the dog, the barking will not disturb you at all. This may sound offensive to you, but a lot of your resistance can be an issue inside you. If you think the dog barking is disturbing you, or affecting you, it will. Try to just calm down, focus on your breathing, not allow your mind to take over when the dog barks.

I have construction and wall-breaking and floor-breaking going on in the flat below me. (almost deafening) Hammering and drilling goes on for hours everyday. I find i can peacefully work and nap through all this totally unaffected.

Please don;t try to punish the dog by using some device that pains him.

maverick66
02-25-2011, 07:57 PM
Richard_Pur:

Actually, dogs beat coyotes lol. Coyotes are scavengers and small animal hunters.

Depends on the dog. I have a Jack Russel that would get owned by a coyote but an Aussie Shepard that would kick the crap out of the coyote. Small dogs are no match for one and really should be watched if you live in an area where you have them.

As for the guys quote I would think the Beagle would be in serious trouble if he came face to face with a coyote. A beagle is not a very good dog in a fight with wild animals. Can find them very easily but not ready to fight once it does.

heycal
02-25-2011, 08:14 PM
At the same time, I do have a sentimental streak that surfaces from time to time so ya never know ....[/size] ;-)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3586/3371108685_88d686c6ae.jpg

Ah, many fine memories there. I could actually walk to this theater as a kid, though there was one even closer to my house. When I pass the place now, I can't believe how small it seems.

Fedace
02-25-2011, 08:17 PM
Recommend Debarking the dog. It is very humane and after the surgery heals, the dog feels no pain. Dog can still bark but the sound is Muffled and it does not carry at all. only someone that is within 5 feet of the dog can hear the dog barking. even then it is very low tone of noise.

dlk
02-25-2011, 08:23 PM
Recommend Debarking the dog. It is very humane and after the surgery heals, the dog feels no pain. Dog can still bark but the sound is Muffled and it does not carry at all. only someone that is within 5 feet of the dog can hear the dog barking. even then it is very low tone of noise.

Now we're getting serious. But famly has to perform.

maverick66
02-25-2011, 08:27 PM

Please never own a dog.

Fedace
02-25-2011, 08:49 PM
Please never own a dog.

I have 2 Shelties. and Both are de-barked. Only qualified surgeon can do this. I paid ~$100 for each surgery. Vet surgeon goes in there and scrapes off about 1/8 of the vocal cord. mind you that most of the dog's vocal cord is still there. but this muffles about 80% of the barking sound. So isn't that the proper solution or what.
Much BETTER than fighting with your neighbor over a dog that you love.

maverick66
02-25-2011, 08:51 PM

How about actually working with your dog not to bark at everything. I have an Aussie that barked at everything that moved or made a noise and we have quickly nipped that in the butt without using unnecessary surgery. Its called getting off your lazy *** and working with the dog.

Fedace
02-25-2011, 08:57 PM
How about actually working with your dog not to bark at everything. I have an Aussie that barked at everything that moved or made a noise and we have quickly nipped that in the butt without using unnecessary surgery. Its called getting off your lazy *** and working with the dog.

Shelties have natural instinct to bark at everything. that is how they herd animals including humans. They don't have the size like Aussie and very small so Loud bark is all they got. so they use it often.
Surgery is the BEST option. and most people try the training method first anyway. and what if that doesn't work ?? Leave it in the pound ? that is the worst option.

maverick66
02-25-2011, 09:00 PM
I have had a sheltie. And I understand they bark but you bought an animal that barks and performed unnecessary surgery because you either are lazy or dont care enough to try.
You can get any dog to stop barking if you are willing to educate yourself and spend time with it. If surgery is the only way you can control a dog you shouldn't have one.

Fedace
02-25-2011, 09:03 PM
I have had a sheltie. And I understand they bark but you bought an animal that barks and performed unnecessary surgery because you either are lazy or dont care enough to try.
You can get any dog to stop barking if you are willing to educate yourself and spend time with it. If surgery is the only way you can control a dog you shouldn't have one.

Maverick you are Right... i do it the right way. I buy the puppie or very young Sheltie that is already De-barked so i don't have to do it.:):) I usually save money that way. Most of the Show breeders for the Shelties have them De-barked when they are 6 month old so i usually wait til they are about 8 month and buy them.
Problem solved...........

maverick66
02-25-2011, 09:04 PM
People like you disgust me. Mutilating an animal because you are flat out lazy is just horrible. Dont own a dog if you dont wanna hear barking. Its that simple.

Fedace
02-25-2011, 09:07 PM
:)People like you disgust me. Mutilating an animal because you are flat out lazy is just horrible. Dont own a dog if you dont wanna hear barking. Its that simple.

Hey, i said, they were already De-barked when i bought them. Sheltie breeders that show the dog for competition owns about 12-24 dogs at any one time. so they pretty much make it a rule to De-bark the dog or puppy when they are 6 month old. so i buy them after,,,,,is that so wrong.......????

Kobble
02-25-2011, 09:12 PM
KevinT sounds like me.

Be careful of ordinances.

In some towns, only dogs barking and amplified noise/machine noise (loudspeaker, jackhammer etc.) are illegal. However, someone could technically yell or talk loud all day if they care to do so.

So, it may take letters and petitions to get the dog to stop barking, but if you run the stereo, the cops may come and stop you in your tracks.

I ran into this problem with basketball playing. The town kids set up a hoop that sounded like someone taking a sledgehammer to a dumpster. It was a startling noise. No exaggeration. And they did this from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. or later everyday for about 4 months or more. I could not get any work done, or study effectively. I tried all forms of headphones, but nothing could stop the deep thump of the ball and the bang of the backboard. It was a combo of repetitious patterns and startling noise. I don't like dog barking, and I'll say something like, "ah, shut the **** up." if it keeps up for a week. But nothing ever pushed me over the edge like this. I could hear it in the shower, loud and clear. Worst of all, the kids were doing it purposely. Meaning, the hoop was set up by my house, not their house. There was nothing legal I could do. All I could do was have the police tell them to please keep it down, but there was no law to make them stop. Their mom was a drug addict who would fight with boyfriends in the parking lot and other tirades. They should have all been Baker acted.

My tips

Get good headphones or earplugs - I wish I knew what Hearos and other 28+ decibel reduction plugs were. Also, headphones like JVC Marshmallow can help. This will give you something you can do right now about the noise.

Study the ordinances - Make sure you know exactly what you can and cannot do. Would be nothing worse than the law coming down on you while the other guy marches on.

Get video camera with sound - I would get a decent camera or two from Radio Shack or online and point it right at the problem. This is good evidence that the law can't ignore. Plus, it defends you from an nonpunishable retaliation by the idiots. You know, throw eggs at your property or damage something. I would run this camera all day and all night. I have a highlight real of my neighbors doing wrong ****. So, even if things get bad, when it is my word vs. theirs, depending on what neighbor it is, they might be naked in the street. My video camera busted some punks on my car, and they never came anywhere near my property again. They couldn't come to my door, backdoor, anything. Cuz, big brother never sleeps.

I probably wouldn' get too crazy with underhanded tactics - Ever hear of Carmel Valley and John Kenney. Watch the documentary if you can.

Get a gun - I wouldn't want to be another guy who gets killed by the crazy neighbor, because I wasn't armed.

Sentinel
02-25-2011, 11:32 PM
"Debarking" --- omg, thank God I've never heard of that before. Yeah, even shooting people between the eyes who annoy you is extremely humane, if they die instantly. I guarantee you they don't feel any pain, and they still go to heaven.

What would you do if your neighbour had a baby who cried at odd hours, like woke up at 2 am and cried till 6 each night ?

jmjmkim
02-25-2011, 11:37 PM
In my city, they impose a penalty if there is a complaint from the neighbors regarding barking. You should look into it with your city hall.

Fedace
02-25-2011, 11:42 PM
"Debarking" --- omg, thank God I've never heard of that before. Yeah, even shooting people between the eyes who annoy you is extremely humane, if they die instantly. I guarantee you they don't feel any pain, and they still go to heaven.

What would you do if your neighbour had a baby who cried at odd hours, like woke up at 2 am and cried till 6 each night ?

Problem there is that you think of dogs as humans. they are NOT. and you are SAVING the dog not killing them. Debarking doesn't mean no bark. Dog can stilll BARK after the surgery. the sound of the bark does not carry for miles. it is muffled. You are NOT cutting off the vocal cord. you are just scrapping off little part of it so the sound is muffled...... Big difference

salsainglesa
02-26-2011, 02:19 AM
double post...

salsainglesa
02-26-2011, 02:34 AM
I have 2 Shelties. and Both are de-barked. Only qualified surgeon can do this. I paid ~$100 for each surgery. Vet surgeon goes in there and scrapes off about 1/8 of the vocal cord. mind you that most of the dog's vocal cord is still there. but this muffles about 80% of the barking sound. So isn't that the proper solution or what.

the time spent earning the money could have been spent training the dogs and bonding with them, excercising and playing. Stablishing a relationship...
Hell that is such a drastic solution... its simply ignoring what can be done.

Its better to be informed of how dogs actually behave before buying one, and even better, adopting one of the shelters. There are a lot of reasons for this.

heycal
02-26-2011, 08:09 AM
I don't really have a dog in this fight, but what's the objection to de-barking a dog? Does it hurt them or affect their future quality of life?

maverick66
02-26-2011, 08:11 AM
I paid ~$100 for each surgery.

Maverick you are Right... i do it the right way. I buy the puppie or very young Sheltie that is already De-barked so i don't have to do it.:):)

Keep lying. Go back to Stanford and learn how to lie better.

GetBetterer
02-26-2011, 09:57 AM
maverick66:
Small dogs are no match for one and really should be watched if you live in an area where you have them.

Yeah, I said small animals are killed by coyotes.

Also, we do have coyotes here in Arizona especially since I live closer to the mountains and the wild world than the other people. I see scorpions and snakes just about daily and honestly they don't bother people unless they're ****ed off and you can usually tell when they are.

Keep lying. Go back to Stanford and learn how to lie better.

I think he's from Harvard...sounds like a lawyer to me (constant liars).

sapient007
02-26-2011, 10:27 AM
you know that gut strings come from animals too right?? as in a live animals intestine dried and used as your strings.

let the owner do what the owner wants to do with the pet.

JohnnyCracker
02-26-2011, 10:33 AM
what about neutering? it's widely accepted. nobody seems to be up in arms about it. I think it's way more drastic than de-barking.

sapient007
02-26-2011, 10:49 AM
that's what i'm saying.. it's an approved surgery to suit different ppl's needs. IE, if my condo building had enough residents complaining about my dog barking, then i'd def consider it.. my other options woudl have to be move and/or get rid of the dog.

get off your moral high horse and stop forcing your views on everyone else

maverick66
02-26-2011, 11:01 AM
let the owner do what the owner wants to do with the pet.

So he could abuse the thing for his amusement and you are cool with that?

what about neutering? it's widely accepted. nobody seems to be up in arms about it. I think it's way more drastic than de-barking.

Not really. It has the purpose of we already have way to many dogs in this country that need homes as it is. Neutering helps control the pet population so we dont have as many strays and shelter animals. If you cant see the difference between limiting the amount of animals when there is already to many and performing surgery because you are lazy and irresponsible owner I dont know what else to say to you.

sapient007
02-26-2011, 12:13 PM
did you not read that it's done at a certified surgeon? it's not like he's taking a sledge hammer to the vocal cord.

unless his dog is barking at you constantly, *****ting in your yard, chewing up your crap, i dont see why you need to say anything or look down upon him or her just b/c he's living the life style that suits him. last i checked no one died and made you THE dog whisperer.. frankly i appaulde him for at least taking some responsibilty for pet ownership living in a community with other ppl.

dlk
02-26-2011, 12:17 PM
maverick66:

Yeah, I said small animals are killed by coyotes.

Also, we do have coyotes here in Arizona especially since I live closer to the mountains and the wild world than the other people. I see scorpions and snakes just about daily and honestly they don't bother people unless they're ****ed off and you can usually tell when they are.

I think he's from Harvard...sounds like a lawyer to me (constant liars).

No offense to Borg Number One, but you know what you have when you have 20 lawyers buried up to their necks in *****...............Not enough ****:shock:

maverick66
02-26-2011, 01:35 PM
did you not read that it's done at a certified surgeon? it's not like he's taking a sledge hammer to the vocal cord.

unless his dog is barking at you constantly, *****ting in your yard, chewing up your crap, i dont see why you need to say anything or look down upon him or her just b/c he's living the life style that suits him. last i checked no one died and made you THE dog whisperer.. frankly i appaulde him for at least taking some responsibilty for pet ownership living in a community with other ppl.

If the only way you can control your dogs barking is surgery you shouldnt own a dog at all. Its that simple. Dogs take alot of time and energy to properly train. He took a shortcut and performed unnecessary surgery on a dog just so he could sit on his *** and cheetos.

sapient007
02-26-2011, 05:36 PM
If the only way you can control your dogs barking is surgery you shouldnt own a dog at all. Its that simple. Dogs take alot of time and energy to properly train. He took a shortcut and performed unnecessary surgery on a dog just so he could sit on his *** and cheetos.

that's like me saying that you should sell all your racquets if you can't reach 6.0.. you don't know the situation nor are you in position to suggest what he should or not do. with today's busy lives and close proximity to your neighbors, a lot of ppl are having problems keeping pets. so from what i read, you believe that ppl simply shouldn't have pet at all because they can not live up to maverick66's standards.. a world standard.. so who died and made you king?

Fedace
02-26-2011, 05:48 PM
that's what i'm saying.. it's an approved surgery to suit different ppl's needs. IE, if my condo building had enough residents complaining about my dog barking, then i'd def consider it.. my other options woudl have to be move and/or get rid of the dog.

get off your moral high horse and stop forcing your views on everyone else

Get rid of the dog ?????? why not just get rid of one of your kids ? it is pretty much same thing. dog is family too.

angharad
02-26-2011, 06:01 PM
that's like me saying that you should sell all your racquets if you can't reach 6.0.. you don't know the situation nor are you in position to suggest what he should or not do. with today's busy lives and close proximity to your neighbors, a lot of ppl are having problems keeping pets. so from what i read, you believe that ppl simply shouldn't have pet at all because they can not live up to maverick66's standards.. a world standard.. so who died and made you king?

If your life is so busy that you can't be bothered to train your pet, you shouldn't own a pet. There are some dogs that are excessive barkers out there (I own three of them), and behavior modification goes a long way. Debarking should be used as an absolute last resort and doesn't address why the dog is barking. There have been several bills proposed to outlaw debarking in various states, although I believe only the one in MA has passed. In the UK, debarking is considered "surgical mutilation", similar to a cat being declawed.

I can't say that I'm totally against debarking, but it seems to be a last-resort thing. If you're doing it only because it makes owning a dog more convenient for you, you probably shouldn't own a dog.

SuperDuy
02-26-2011, 06:27 PM
That's what pellet guns were made for.

JohnnyCracker
02-26-2011, 09:27 PM
Not really. It has the purpose of we already have way to many dogs in this country that need homes as it is. Neutering helps control the pet population so we dont have as many strays and shelter animals. If you cant see the difference between limiting the amount of animals when there is already to many and performing surgery because you are lazy and irresponsible owner I dont know what else to say to you.

Neutering has its purpose? That's your answer? Well, duh, so does debarking...(has its purpose.) I call BS on you. You screamed "cruelty" when it comes to debarking but not neutering. To me, both are on the same level of cruelty. Cutting off a dog's nuts entirely is just as cruel as shaving off part of its vocal chord. I see no difference. You, on the other hand, see cruelty only where it's convenience to YOUR needs (or purposes.) BS!!! So, yeah, get off your high horse.

fruitytennis1
02-27-2011, 05:55 AM
If your having troubles training your dog....use this!!!!
http://www.hulu.com/watch/4102/saturday-night-live-dissing-your-dog
Great product! I highly reccomend it for those who just can't teach their dog.

On the other hand if you're having trouble with your neighbors dogs...
Call this dude-
http://www.willferrellsnlskits.com/will-ferrell-snl-skits/will-ferrell-as-the-dog-lawyer

borg number one
02-27-2011, 06:11 AM
Lol. WF is lucky that dog didn't bite his face! He's so funny and such a goofball. Not in the league of some of the other SNL greats in my opinion, but he is funny.

Blue Cat
02-27-2011, 06:17 AM
Earpluggs.

Sentinel
02-27-2011, 08:09 AM
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=370304

maverick66
02-27-2011, 08:25 AM
Neutering has its purpose? That's your answer? Well, duh, so does debarking...(has its purpose.) I call BS on you. You screamed "cruelty" when it comes to debarking but not neutering. To me, both are on the same level of cruelty. Cutting off a dog's nuts entirely is just as cruel as shaving off part of its vocal chord. I see no difference. You, on the other hand, see cruelty only where it's convenience to YOUR needs (or purposes.) BS!!! So, yeah, get off your high horse.

Go to a dog shelter and see how many dogs are living there or are about to be put down and tell me that we dont need to have some kind of population control.

Like I said you clearly dont understand the difference of trying to cut down on overpopulation in a responsible manner and being a lazy owner.

Cindysphinx
02-27-2011, 12:55 PM
Regarding the OP . . .

Step One: Do not believe what the police said. Call animal control and see what they say. The police are hardly expert in these matters and will often sweep these matters under the rug.

Step Two: Do some quick internet research on the laws in your area regarding barking dogs. This should take you 30 minutes or less.

Step Three: Write a nice letter to your neighbors informing them of whatever you find regarding the law. Offer to meet with them to figure out a solution. Again, be nice.

Step Four: Videotape the barking for a while. Make sure you document the time on the video.

Step Five: Pursue your legal remedies. This will likely include an injunction that they have to make the barking stop. This might require them to get rid of the dog, but that's on them. You probably do not need a lawyer for this. If you've done your quickie research and have your video evidence, that oughtta do it. Let them spend money on a lawyer if they want.

I think it is high time people started standing up to irresponsible pet owners. I feel like I put a lot of effort into making sure my dog doesn't disturb anyone, but I often feel like I am in the minority of dog owners in this regard.

And I also think debarking is not a good idea. If you want a dog that doesn't bark, buy a breed that doesn't bark. Why buy a Sheltie if barking bothers you? Sheez. And how is listening to a dog struggling to bark with surgically mutilated vocal chords in any way pleasant? The very idea gives me the creeps.

Cindy -- who owns an Australian Shepherd that doesn't bark because she wanted a dog that wouldn't bark

JohnnyCracker
02-27-2011, 10:11 PM
Go to a dog shelter and see how many dogs are living there or are about to be put down and tell me that we dont need to have some kind of population control.

Like I said you clearly dont understand the difference of trying to cut down on overpopulation in a responsible manner and being a lazy owner.

Guess what. Human is overpopulating the planet. Maybe you should be tied up and neutered. Then, you can go tell the dogs about the "good" differences. :lol:

CHOcobo
02-27-2011, 11:12 PM
that pretty damn annoying. my neighbors dog only walks over to our driveway to crap and then leave. i swear it's like they train their dogs to be this way. it always walk over to others lawn, leak and crap and go back home. they do all the time. it's so annoying.

Cindysphinx
02-28-2011, 04:07 AM
Guess what. Human is overpopulating the planet. Maybe you should be tied up and neutered. Then, you can go tell the dogs about the "good" differences. :lol:

Seriously.

I have been volunteering lately at a local animal rescue shelter. At any given time, the facility has about 60 unwanted dogs. Each dog is given medical care, socialization and training and whatever else it need to have a shot at being adopted. Someone who wants to adopt a dog pays $150. The average cost of caring for an animal until it is adopted is $800. As you might imagine, the shelter turns away a lot of dogs due to space and budget limitations.

Before you question the need for neutering or equate it with de-barking, you might want to work a few shifts at your local animal shelter.

sureshs
02-28-2011, 07:40 AM
that pretty damn annoying. my neighbors dog only walks over to our driveway to crap and then leave. i swear it's like they train their dogs to be this way. it always walk over to others lawn, leak and crap and go back home. they do all the time. it's so annoying.

You should go and crap on their driveway for revenge

Dedans Penthouse
02-28-2011, 09:57 AM
You should go and crap on their driveway for revenge
^^^^
This.

And while your at it, leave some untraceable yet unmistakeable evidence:

wolf down a can of Green Giant nibblets corn before you 'blo mud' on their driveway.

Sentinel
03-08-2011, 05:25 AM
There is a meowing cat in the neighbouring that is driving me and my girlfriend up the wall. Do you think its inhumane to have her de-purred ?

sureshs
03-08-2011, 07:22 AM
There is a meowing cat in the neighbouring that is driving me and my girlfriend up the wall. Do you think its inhumane to have her de-purred ?

Cat or girlfriend?

Sentinel
03-09-2011, 09:27 PM
Cat or girlfriend?
That is left as an exercise to the reader.

Sentinel
03-11-2011, 07:07 PM
What's the update on the barking and crapping dogs ?