PDA

View Full Version : womens tennis....FH,BH SERVE,SMASH

tricky nicky
06-17-2005, 01:31 PM
I need to obtain some short clips of women players for use in a comparative video analysis of my kids game.

does anyone know........in your opinion, esp B Bill

who has the best FH,BH,SERVE,SMASH ETC

anyone know where I can obtain this type of video clips.

regards,

tricky.

Kana Himezaki
06-17-2005, 02:18 PM
What kind of backhand? For one handers, Justine H-H has THE best backhand to imitate.

Don't do the Williams sisters, they have power and athleticism -but the strokes are generally ugly and not good to imitate. They do have quick and early preparation though. Especially not Venus -EVERYTHING of hers (except maybe her 2HB) is pretty ugly. Her serve has the record, but she could work out a LOT of kinks in it.

Strokes are pretty much the same between both genders. You should still get the ATP players, since there are a lot more people analyzing them.

You'll generally have to pay for video clips. Many of the free, widespread ones aren't too high quality -there are some good Sampras ones, but his serve is almost impossible to imitate and won't help much.

Tennisplayer.net.

Grimjack
06-17-2005, 03:55 PM
Mauresmo has very streamlined, classical-looking strokes. Nice service motion, too. You could do a lot worse than her as a model.

If you want to mix it up, add in Molik's serve.

Maybe add Davenport's 2HBH.

And I suppose you can dig up old video of Martina hitting overheads -- I'm not sure any woman has actually hit one since her.

USCfan
06-17-2005, 04:06 PM
Henin-Hardenne also has a very nice forehand.

Stormwolf
06-17-2005, 05:27 PM
Kuznetsova

Especially her forehand - notice she comes across the body like Federer.
She can slap winners off the backhand side at will and her serve is excellent too.

Rickson
06-17-2005, 05:45 PM
Do not copy Lindsay Davenport's forehand ever. Lindsay uses a buggywhip on about 90% of her forehands. The buggywhip makes a nice running forehand as Pete showed us, but it shouldn' be used as the standard forehand.

Mahboob Khan
06-17-2005, 06:07 PM
About video clips: There are many good sites you can get your clips:

www.procomparetennis.net (printable hitting sequencings)
www.tennisplayer.net (excellent video clips).

Regards,

Mahboob Khan

Noelle
06-18-2005, 12:56 AM
How about volleys? I have a short clip of Justine Henin-Hardenne hitting volleys (it was part of a CNN World Sport clip). The video is taken from a head-on angle at the net, so it's great seeing her hitting the volleys in front of her, not swinging wildly at them. If you're interested in it, let me know and I'll email it to you.

tricky nicky
06-18-2005, 11:27 AM
Thanks Mahoob,

I joined today, what a bargain.

I did take out a trial months membership at tennisone but you cant download the files.

enjoyed your articles are you still working with queshri?

do you know rameez? about 520 now I think, haven't seen him since last year.

didn't do too well at surbiton and missed the cut at Queens qualies only 32 draw.

ps I will join tennisplayer next month, do you contribute there?

regards,

tricky.

Mahboob Khan
06-18-2005, 06:05 PM
Hi Tricky:

Great. Both these sites procompare and tennisplayer are great and I am contributing member of both. Yes, it will help you if you become members of both.

I help Aisam ul Haq Qureshi here and there. He has a full time coach now. His name is Robert Davis, an American.

In 1990, Rameez Junaid Ejaz started tennis with me. He was 9 years old kid .. a beginner. His father had died during that period of time. He was accompanied by his mother at that time. He also had a sister who was in my program then. They then went back to Australia and since then I have not met them; have not heard from them either!

tricky nicky
06-18-2005, 06:50 PM
thanks for the heads up.

keep up the good contributions at procompare and tennis player.

i'm looking forward for the next update at procompare in JULY

Regards,

Tricky.