PDA

View Full Version : Help me choose a title for my story (Poll)

HunterST
02-24-2011, 07:41 PM
We had to write a short story for one of my classes. I'm trying to think of an intriguing title, but It's hard for me to view them objectively.

Please vote in the poll. If you have any modifications for my ideas, feel free to post them!

jkang909
02-24-2011, 07:58 PM
i would like to hear a summary and then ill tell you the title

GetBetterer
02-24-2011, 08:05 PM
^ What that guy said.

HunterST
02-24-2011, 08:07 PM
i would like to hear a summary and then ill tell you the title

Kinda complex. It's basically about how we (and the character) spend our childhood anxious to grow up and become adults and then, ironically, once we reach adulthood we long to be children again. The theme is essentially that when we wish we could go back in time, we're ignoring all the joys of the present moment.

Talker
02-24-2011, 08:11 PM
Play it again Sam.

HunterST
02-24-2011, 08:13 PM
Play it again Sam.

Is this a title or advice, haha?

I really can't think of any decent titles.

GetBetterer
02-24-2011, 08:14 PM
Matured Romanticism

Reason: Romanticism is basically making everything flowery and nice. However, in order to look at the world on a most innocent perspective, the Romantics believed you had to look through a child's eyes.

You said the children grew up, and hence "matured."

HunterST:

I think that's a title. I'm not sure but it sounds like a reference to the play "Master Harold ... and the Boys" which starred Danny Glover in the play.

Talker
02-24-2011, 08:18 PM

It's a title but somewhat subtle.

It was a song that Humphrey Bogart wanted Sam to play again.
The song is your childhood and you want to go through it again( hence play it again).

:)

GetBetterer
02-24-2011, 08:19 PM
Nevermind, was not a literary reference to the book I mentioned lol.

flyinghippos101
02-24-2011, 08:19 PM
"None of These"

A title that manages to sounds both very conceptual and thought provoking ;)

HunterST
02-24-2011, 08:25 PM
"None of These"

A title that manages to sounds both very conceptual and thought provoking ;)

Haha! You know, if it fit the story, it wouldn't be a bad title.

LeeD
02-24-2011, 08:58 PM
Tis a loop, not a destination.

dlk
02-25-2011, 04:03 AM
I like "trampled song." How about Sibilant Noise?

hollywood9826
02-25-2011, 05:19 AM
Kinda complex. It's basically about how we (and the character) spend our childhood anxious to grow up and become adults and then, ironically, once we reach adulthood we long to be children again. The theme is essentially that when we wish we could go back in time, we're ignoring all the joys of the present moment.

Name it that

Thats the route that Chumbawamba went with this album.

"The Boy Bands Have Won, and All the Copyists and the Tribute Bands and the TV Talent Show Producers Have Won, If We Allow Our Culture to Be Shaped by Mimicry, Whether from Lack of Ideas or From Exaggerated Respect. You Should Never Try to Freeze Culture. What You Can Do Is Recycle That Culture. Take Your Older Brother's Hand-Me-Down Jacket and Re-Style It, Re-Fashion It to the Point Where It Becomes Your Own. But Don't Just Regurgitate Creative History, or Hold Art and Music and Literature as Fixed, Untouchable and Kept Under Glass. The People Who Try to 'Guard' Any Particular Form of Music Are, Like the Copyists and Manufactured Bands, Doing It the Worst Disservice, Because the Only Thing That You Can Do to Music That Will Damage It Is Not Change It, Not Make It Your Own. Because Then It Dies, Then It's Over, Then It's Done, and the Boy Bands Have Won."

retlod
02-25-2011, 05:27 AM
Greener Pastures.

Hewex
02-25-2011, 07:24 AM

Rearview Mirror Driving

aimr75
02-25-2011, 07:30 AM
such is life

sapient007
02-25-2011, 08:52 AM
"i wish i was soylent green"

Dedans Penthouse
02-25-2011, 08:55 AM
Shagging Peter Pan

r2473
02-25-2011, 09:26 AM
"Remembrance of Things Past"

or

"In Search of Lost Time"

or

"Swann's Way"

sureshs
02-25-2011, 09:27 AM

That is why we relive childhood thru our children

PimpMyGame
02-25-2011, 09:31 AM
Most comments are actually race horse names. Pick up a copy of the Racing Post and I think you will find your answer there.

Failing that, how about "Careful What You Wish For" - racing at Doncater, tomorrow 3.30

jswinf
02-25-2011, 09:52 AM
The Other Side of the Fence