PDA

View Full Version : Whooping cough?

Fandango
02-25-2011, 12:24 AM
Hi, I'm going to the doctor hopefully this monday.

I have had a bad case of coughing for three days now.

One of my roommates suggested that I may have whooping cough.

It has gotten bad on two occasions where I threw up.

Right now, its just a tickling in the back of my throat that is telling me to cough.
I really don't want this. I have a flag football league starting on March 7th and will not be the greatest thing for my tennis life.

I have slight body aches and also a runny nose occasionally.

I know Talk Tennis advice cannot be taken as official medical advice but any help would be greatly appreciated.

dParis
02-25-2011, 06:03 AM
As long as it doesn't affect your looks you should be alright.:)

aimr75
02-25-2011, 07:10 AM

Right now, its just a tickling in the back of my throat that is telling me to cough.
I really don't want this. I have a flag football league starting on March 7th and will not be the greatest thing for my tennis life.

I know Talk Tennis advice cannot be taken as official medical advice but any help would be greatly appreciated.

go to your doctor to get it checked out, and dont be near any babies as its fatal for infants

Fandango
02-25-2011, 08:11 AM
As long as it doesn't affect your looks you should be alright.:)

Bring your sister over to my place, you'll definitely see that it doesn't affect my looks.

Sandwichman
02-25-2011, 08:37 AM
Try filling a large bowl with water and boiling. THen, cover your head with a towel, and hide your head under the towel above the bowl, breathing in the steam until the water gets cold. Should help get some of that gunk out of your throat :)

Fifth Set
02-25-2011, 11:59 AM
Monday?!

If you have symptoms of whooping cough (see WebMD), get to the darn doctor immediately. Don't wait until Monday. And don't spend any time around other people until you get to the doctor - pertussis is highly contagious.

Pertussis is basically an epidemic right now and has killed several kids in the last couple years. This for a disease that was practically wiped out not long ago. For this resurgence you can largely thank the idiots who do not get the proper vaccinations.

Dedans Penthouse
02-25-2011, 12:47 PM
Try filling a large bowl with water and boiling. THen, cover your head with a towel, and hide your head under the towel above the bowl, breathing in the steam until the water gets cold. Should help get some of that gunk out of your throat :)^^^^^^
THIS.

And, you'll want to "medicate" and "flavor" that 'steam' by adding a large lump of Vick's Vapor Rub and a pint of some fine single-malt scotch respectively to the water in the bowl-...maybe put on some "Machine Head" by Bush and you're good to go......just remember to breath deeply....very, verrry deeply.

"Oh yeah??! Bring your sister over to my place, you'll defini...................who the hell am I kidding? I'm sick as a dog and I look like dog phuck--I ain't getting anybody's sister."

http://listverse.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/nm-towel3-080903-main.jpg

Fedace
02-25-2011, 12:57 PM

Oh boy, there is wooping cough epidemic in California and most of the country as well. It is very dangerous to infants but not life threatening to adults. but either case, you need to go see your doctor Immediately. and stay away from any infants in the mean time...

retlod
02-25-2011, 01:35 PM

Probably just a virus. Until it lasts more than 10-14 days I wouldn't be suspicious of pertussis.

go to your doctor to get it checked out, and dont be near any babies as its fatal for infants

I've taken care of several babies with pertussis. Most do just fine, although they can have enough apnea to require mechanical ventilation.

Pertussis is basically an epidemic right now and has killed several kids in the last couple years. This for a disease that was practically wiped out not long ago. For this resurgence you can largely thank the idiots who do not get the proper vaccinations.

QFT, my friend.

GetBetterer
02-25-2011, 02:48 PM
Health Advice section may be best for this.

aimr75
02-25-2011, 03:17 PM
I've taken care of several babies with pertussis. Most do just fine, although they can have enough apnea to require mechanical ventilation.

its risky, many cases of infant deaths if they catch it.. here in australia they highly stress getting vaccinated, particularly new parents.. something ive just done a few days ago as we have a newborn

retlod
03-07-2011, 05:24 PM
its risky, many cases of infant deaths if they catch it.. here in australia they highly stress getting vaccinated, particularly new parents.. something ive just done a few days ago as we have a newborn

All the babies in Australia thank you for vaccinating!