PDA

View Full Version : I gave money to a friend, and never saw her again

eliza
02-26-2011, 04:52 AM
OK, I feel an idiot because I cannot believe I did this. Maybe just posting it will help me see it in perspective...
Two years ago I was going out with a group of local "professionals", among which this lawyer from Puerto Rico. She relocated to Boston, MA, but would come and visit MI often. She explained to me she had no money, b/c her father had suffered an heart attack and the family was needy. To cut the story short, I gave her 3,000USD.
I did not know that people in the US are very different.
Of course, never heard from her since. No more e-mails, no more calls, she disappeared. Now one of the ex-friends (who told me she does not want to hear from her!!!!!) e-mailed me saying she is on face-book.
What would you do?
1) Forget everything, what goes around comes around?
2) start bugging her?
3) call the Police, even if there was no loan contract?

angharad
02-26-2011, 05:07 AM
Forget it. Unless there was a contract in place, that money is gone. Learn the lesson and move on.

dlk
02-26-2011, 05:07 AM
Wow!!! Here where people are not trustworthy often, always write a contract. Verbal aggreements never hold water. I'd chalk it up to a learning experience & never loan money to an individual ever. Maybe 20 or 30 here or there is okay, but 3Gs is insane.

Moose Malloy
02-26-2011, 05:32 AM
among which this lawyer from Puerto Rico

I did not know that people in the US are very different

Puerto Rico is not really the US, just a US province.

Sentinel
02-26-2011, 05:54 AM
I heard several such stories. Of people who made really good friends in some forum. Over a period of time, someone desperately needed money for some child's operation. Took the money from other forum members and vanished.

Then one of the victims found the same lady operating on another forum using the same method.

goober
02-26-2011, 05:58 AM
If you lend money away like this, do not expect it back.

Even when I lend large amounts of money to relatives outside my immediate family, I know it is a donation, no matter how much they say they are going to pay it back. So far I have not been wrong.

This friend doesn't sound like a very close friend. Just a person in a group of professionals that you meet up with. She correctly sized you up and took you for a ride.

SFrazeur
02-26-2011, 06:09 AM
Do you know what a mark is?

http://www.viraleruption.com/images/should-i-loan-you-money.jpg

-SF

Larrysümmers
02-26-2011, 06:37 AM
^ win.

when dealing with large amounts of money, it is best to have a contract and when (s)he pays you some or all of it to make receipts.
contract helps you, receipts help them.

eliza
02-26-2011, 06:42 AM
If you lend money away like this, do not expect it back.

Even when I lend large amounts of money to relatives outside my immediate family, I know it is a donation, no matter how much they say they are going to pay it back. So far I have not been wrong.

This friend doesn't sound like a very close friend. Just a person in a group of professionals that you meet up with. She correctly sized you up and took you for a ride.

That's what hurts, that I always been good in sizing people, and I cannot believe I was taken for a ride......everything appeared OK, her professional background, her tenure, her house, her car. It looked like a cash flow issue.....D...IT, HOW STUPID!!!
Guess I should put it as "never give a dime to anybody" ever again.

albino smurf
02-26-2011, 06:42 AM
you had to know it was gone when you handed it over right? can i have some?

BobFL
02-26-2011, 07:06 AM
That's what hurts, that I always been good in sizing people, and I cannot believe I was taken for a ride......everything appeared OK, her professional background, her tenure, her house, her car. It looked like a cash flow issue.....D...IT, HOW STUPID!!!
Guess I should put it as "never give a dime to anybody" ever again.

'Appeared', exactly the right word. I am not saying that this is the case but do you have any idea how easy is to 'stage things' in this country? And it is not about "people in the US". Your problem has first and last name...

Cindysphinx
02-26-2011, 07:14 AM
"To cut the story short"? That is the most important part. What exactly was said?

I don't make loans. I make gifts. That way I never lose more than I can afford to lose, and I never have to hound people.

bad_call
02-26-2011, 07:14 AM
money well spent to not see them again. ;)

eliza
02-26-2011, 07:19 AM
'Appeared', exactly the right word. I am not saying that this is the case but do you have any idea how easy is to 'stage things' in this country? And it is not about "people in the US". Your problem has first and last name...

I am in a stage in which I am having hard times with this country.
I lived in Italy, Germany, Spain, France, UK, for years and nothing happened. I still have friends there, and when I say "friends"I mean it. They would open their houses and wallets if I needed them to.
I come here, and boy, one thing after another.
Maybe I am just not strong enough to live here.

TenniseaWilliams
02-26-2011, 07:22 AM
Did you know the word "gullible" isn't in the dictionary?

mozzer
02-26-2011, 07:30 AM
Did you know the word "gullible" isn't in the dictionary?
I just checked and it is, you liar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111!!1 1

BobFL
02-26-2011, 07:34 AM
I am in a stage in which I am having hard times with this country.
I lived in Italy, Germany, Spain, France, UK, for years and nothing happened. I still have friends there, and when I say "friends"I mean it. They would open their houses and wallets if I needed them to.
I come here, and boy, one thing after another.
Maybe I am just not strong enough to live here.

I am sure you are and you also have a good heart. You were just a bit unfortunate to meet 'wrong' people.

fruitytennis1
02-26-2011, 08:00 AM
I just checked and it is, you liar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111!!1 1

Your Gullible....

Wicked4hand
02-26-2011, 08:12 AM
Learn your lesson forget about it n move on...... You just meet an As##%#

bezs
02-26-2011, 08:53 AM
Ouch painful lesson learnt.

Got burned before lending money to a schoolmate and have been weary about lending money since.

jmverdugo
02-26-2011, 08:57 AM
Dear Eliza,

I come to you as man of peace and with the knowledge that you are a person with great heart and that still beleives in the greatness of our goodness. In god I trust and I know that He will lead your heart to help me in these sad moments for me and my country. I am a citizen of Lybia that has inherit a large fortune ($40,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.10) and I am having some troubles moving my money out of my country after some rebelious forces started to cause problems in an otherwise peaceful country. I come to you to ask for help to move my money away from these bad men so me and my family can keep living our modest life. In return for your good hearted actions I will give you a commision of 25% over the tansfered money.

All I need from you is your account & swift number, bank's address and your social security number.

Also, since the bad men have freeze some of my accounts I would need a loan from you of $20,000.0 so I can make the before mentioned transfer and to have some money for expenses, this loan will be returned to you with a 50% interest rate per hour.

I know that you will find in you kind heart enough goodness to beleive in the words of an honest man that is currently in a very dificult situation caused by mean people that are pursuing a change in my country based on their personal interests.

I will wait with anxious you positive answer end the required information, God will reward you - you know it in your heart.

Sincerely,

Omar Khadafi

Mac_Attack
02-26-2011, 09:12 AM
Puerto Rico is not really the US, just a US province.

No, it is not a "province" but a US territory and as such is part of the U.S., but not part of the process of representative gov't enjoyed by the states and retains the status of an independent country.

eliza
02-26-2011, 09:15 AM
Dear Eliza,

I come to you as man of peace and with the knowledge that you are a person with great heart and that still beleives in the greatness of our goodness. In god I trust and I know that He will lead your heart to help me in these sad moments for me and my country. I am a citizen of Lybia that has inherit a large fortune ($40,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.10) and I am having some troubles moving my money out of my country after some rebelious forces started to cause problems in an otherwise peaceful country. I come to you to ask for help to move my money away from these bad men so me and my family can keep living our modest life. In return for your good hearted actions I will give you a commision of 25% over the tansfered money.

All I need from you is your account & swift number, bank's address and your social security number.

Also, since the bad men have freeze some of my accounts I would need a loan from you of $20,000.0 so I can make the before mentioned transfer and to have some money for expenses, this loan will be returned to you with a 50% interest rate per hour.

I know that you will find in you kind heart enough goodness to beleive in the words of an honest man that is currently in a very dificult situation caused by mean people that are pursuing a change in my country based on their personal interests.

I will wait with anxious you positive answer end the required information, God will reward you - you know it in your heart.

Sincerely,

Omar Khadafi

I did not receive a letter or e-mail, this was a person well known in the professional circle.......

TenniseaWilliams
02-26-2011, 09:20 AM

Hey, I'm really sorry about that. Did you know if you say the word gullible really slowly, it sounds like chicken?

dominikk1985
02-26-2011, 09:32 AM
You got ripped of. I even think she planned that thing and just pretended to be your friend.

Is she illegal in the US? If yes you could give the police a hind, so that she gets kicked back to her origin country:D.

I'm sorry for you. You were trying to be good and she took advantage of it shamelessly.

mozzer
02-26-2011, 09:36 AM
Hey, I'm really sorry about that. Did you know if you say the word gullible really slowly, it sounds like chicken?
Omg stop lying, it totally doesnt, i just tried for about 10 mins!

sureshs
02-26-2011, 09:56 AM
No harm pinging her on FB. Maybe she will feel ashamed and give you some money, or at least let you know what is going on.

This is a common phenomenon, nothing to be upset about except the large sum. I once helped a guy get a job. He was calling me up at vague times asking me to help. After he got a job, I ran into him. He said Hi and ran away. Then I confirmed that he indeed had gotten the job.

Now why would he not only not thank me, but actually avoid me? Because people feel awkward about the situation they had been in and do not want to face the past again. They almost want to wipe the slate clean and want no reminders from their past. If money is involved like in your case, that is a further motivation. They will justify saying "Eliza doesn't need the money any more, she will only get upset if she hears about my troubles again, let her lead her life" etc. The self-justifying human mind works in strange ways.

SuperDuy
02-26-2011, 09:57 AM
Or how about this one:

Hi Grandma,

I am in South Africa right now and I got my wallet stolen along with $5000. I need $2000 for a return flight or I will be stuck here. Just send the money to &*(Q#^$#Q^$Q)($)&&*(^ and this will allow me for a safe trip home.

Thanks, &*^&())*^

^Another scam Ive seen before, someone emails an old person knowing the name of a grandchild and asks for money because they got theirs stolen. Or they would phone the victim.

Don't fall for anyone unless trusted.

Mick
02-26-2011, 10:18 AM
in the mob movies, they would send some big guys to her place to collect the money plus interest :)

eliza
02-26-2011, 10:27 AM
Thank you for the kind words, I really feel I was GULLIBLE. I e-mailed some common friends, and I just got a call from a lady attorney. She told me she had not seen her too, and that SHE does NOT want to see/hear from her again.......
Guess I needed the lesson.
From now on I am bankrupt, and my car is my doberman's...I just drive it.

Mick
02-26-2011, 10:39 AM
someone said i like (my) money to be in my pocket rather than in someone else's pocket :)

GetBetterer
02-26-2011, 11:00 AM
eliza:

There was a loan contract. A mutual contract yes, but still a loan (and hence should be returned with either 0% interest, normally in the case of mutual loans, or higher in the case of a bank loan).

Don't call the police, they work for your state. They can't go out-of-state and arrest somebody but you can sue (for the same cash back), call the police in the other state or my personal favorite (although I've never done it), hire a bounty hunter.

Bounty hunters usually work for the people who loan money to pay for court bails so you can always hire one of them. They're not restricted by law (as long as their methods are okay too).

eliza
02-26-2011, 11:05 AM
eliza:

There was a loan contract. A mutual contract yes, but still a loan (and hence should be returned with either 0% interest, normally in the case of mutual loans, or higher in the case of a bank loan).

Don't call the police, they work for your state. They can't go out-of-state and arrest somebody but you can sue (for the same cash back), call the police in the other state or my personal favorite (although I've never done it), hire a bounty hunter.

Bounty hunters usually work for the people who loan money to pay for court bails so you can always hire one of them. They're not restricted by law (as long as their methods are okay too).

Yeah I used a bad wording (and I type on a puny keyboard): the contract was oral, so difficult to prove. AHah, bounty hunters.....I should propose this American tool in Italy, think about the money the Gov. could get back from the mafia........

eliza
02-26-2011, 11:08 AM
No harm pinging her on FB. Maybe she will feel ashamed and give you some money, or at least let you know what is going on.

This is a common phenomenon, nothing to be upset about except the large sum. I once helped a guy get a job. He was calling me up at vague times asking me to help. After he got a job, I ran into him. He said Hi and ran away. Then I confirmed that he indeed had gotten the job.

Now why would he not only not thank me, but actually avoid me? Because people feel awkward about the situation they had been in and do not want to face the past again. They almost want to wipe the slate clean and want no reminders from their past. If money is involved like in your case, that is a further motivation. They will justify saying "Eliza doesn't need the money any more, she will only get upset if she hears about my troubles again, let her lead her life" etc. The self-justifying human mind works in strange ways.

SO this guy did not even send you a thank you note? The more I know people, the more I love animals...............

Fee
02-26-2011, 11:15 AM
Ouch painful lesson learnt.

Got burned before lending money to a schoolmate and have been weary about lending money since.

Do you mean wary?

Steady Eddy
02-26-2011, 03:28 PM
2) start bugging her?
You've already lost $3G, you don't want to lose more chasing it. I worked in the finance industry and know something about collecting. First of all, even if you did have a legal contract the police do NOT go around collecting for one party against another. So don't look for any help from them. If police did go around doing this, that is ALL they would do. The don't have time for that. So expect that you're on your own.

Collecting is always a problem, even if someone goes to court and the judge rules in your favor, you're still on your own to collect it. I repeat, the police will not go after them to get you your money. This is why lending institutions like to have things like cars as collateral. If someone doesn't pay, then they repossess their car.

I'd like to add, that if someone gives you a hard luck story, and it's hard to say no, instead try to help them see what government agencies they should contact. This gets you off the hook without you opening up your checkbook and without you sounding hard or harsh. Look at it as a $3000 lesson. Some people pay alot more to learn the same lesson.

GetBetterer
02-26-2011, 03:33 PM
eliza:
Yeah I used a bad wording (and I type on a puny keyboard): the contract was oral, so difficult to prove. AHah, bounty hunters.....I should propose this American tool in Italy, think about the money the Gov. could get back from the mafia........

If they confess to borrowing money from you, it's still a loan. Because the definition of borrow means to take and give back later. So you can still take them to court.

eliza
02-26-2011, 03:42 PM
Steady Eddy, agree with you 100%, between retainer (or if I went to lower court, fees etc.) and time and heartache, too much. I am lucky I could afford this loss, but never again I will lend money, or racquets or anything......

Mick
02-26-2011, 03:45 PM
my former co-worker told me when someone gave her a hard luck story, she would give them an even harder luck (made up) story :)

LeeD
02-26-2011, 03:49 PM
Well, at least REMIND her she owes you some bucks.

goober
02-26-2011, 03:53 PM
my former co-worker told me when someone gave her a hard luck story, she would give them an even harder luck (made up) story :)

yah that is pretty much a good standard reply. You start saying my mother was in the hospital for a month, we are upside down on our mortgage, daughter wants tuition money for college we can't afford, ect. They get the picture real quick. :)

Fugazi
02-26-2011, 03:59 PM
Can't believe some people suggest not to confront her! Of course you might not get your money back, and no matter what happens you'll learn a lesson, but I don't see why you shouldn't confront her. Maybe it will make her think...

GetBetterer
02-26-2011, 04:03 PM
Fugazi's suggesting a catfight.

Someone better be there with a recording or I'm not going to be a happy camper...

Not to mention Fugazi is also suggesting assault charges (and if it gets bad, murder) against a lawyer lol.

Steady Eddy
02-26-2011, 04:29 PM
eliza:
If they confess to borrowing money from you, it's still a loan. Because the definition of borrow means to take and give back later. So you can still take them to court.
You stopped after, "you can still take them to court". Say you take them to court. Suppose you win, what then? If you think the police get involved, you're dreaming. You still have a collection problem. So you're back to square one. Some judges will even say in court, "Judgement for so-and-so, (good luck collecting)". Then there are scam collection agencies, they'll charge YOU a fee, and then do nothing, many of them make their money off the lenders, not the lendees. Before you throw good money after bad, check out the option thoroughly, it's likely you'll just have to eat this loss.

GetBetterer
02-26-2011, 06:17 PM
Judge Judy says different.

>.>

Also, sue for the extra cash you'd have to pay.

Steady Eddy
02-26-2011, 06:35 PM
Judge Judy says different.

>.>

Also, sue for the extra cash you'd have to pay.
But that's one of those TV Judge shows. The network is paying people to have their case on TV, so they might be able to withhold some money from one parties pay. If she can get her to agree to one of those shows, good for her. But if it goes to an ordinary small claims court, the woman probably will simply not even show. So the OP will win by default. But collecting will still be her problem.

GetBetterer
02-26-2011, 06:43 PM
http://www.latestseasonepisode.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/dog-the-bounty-hunter2.jpg

Did somebody call the Bounty Hunter?

SoBad
02-26-2011, 06:53 PM
OK, I feel an idiot because I cannot believe I did this. Maybe just posting it will help me see it in perspective...
Two years ago I was going out with a group of local "professionals", among which this lawyer from Puerto Rico. She relocated to Boston, MA, but would come and visit MI often. She explained to me she had no money, b/c her father had suffered an heart attack and the family was needy. To cut the story short, I gave her 3,000USD.
I did not know that people in the US are very different.
Of course, never heard from her since. No more e-mails, no more calls, she disappeared. Now one of the ex-friends (who told me she does not want to hear from her!!!!!) e-mailed me saying she is on face-book.
What would you do?
2) start bugging her?

Interesting situation – I’d offer advice, but I have a few questions to get a clearer picture. Would you mind answering them?

Sentinel
02-26-2011, 06:58 PM
hi, i am in dire straits, can someone gimme a few thousand dollahs.

dlk
02-26-2011, 07:03 PM

As soon as I receive my lottery winnings from Nigeria. I sent them $2000.00 to process my 1 mil.:shock:

Fee
02-26-2011, 09:19 PM

If you are in Dire Straits, you should be getting plenty of royalty checks from Money for Nothing.

Valdez737
02-26-2011, 11:14 PM
If you loaning out 3k no problem you must got some money

Sentinel
02-26-2011, 11:35 PM
As soon as I receive my lottery winnings from Nigeria. I sent them $2000.00 to process my 1 mil.:shock:
Yup, sending your your one mill the moment i have finished with the 5 million people ahead of you.

If you are in Dire Straits, you should be getting plenty of royalty checks from Money for Nothing.
I was thinking of the song when i posted, but could not come out with a good line.:)

eliza
02-27-2011, 04:21 AM
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I got another call, so now we are three ex-friends who gave her money. She is no longer at the address we had. One of these ladies told me she found her on FB, but her profile is private.
Thank God the amount is not greater.
I consider this a loss, and a hard lesson on human behaviour. If anybody calls, I am very sick, and my tennis elbow, wrist and knee caps are taking all my money. Very sad.

Cindysphinx
02-27-2011, 06:57 AM
eliza:

I haven't seen anything so far that says this $3000 was a loan. Eliza didn't mention any repayment terms or even an explicit promise to repay. And of course even if it was a loan, there is a pretty significant proof problem because nothing was in writing.

Hire a bounty hunter? For what? A bounty hunter can't legally do anything about a debt that has not even resulted in a judgment against this lady yet.

The most you can do is find out where this lady is, serve her with a small claims case, and try to win. Then you can try to collect by doing things like going after her bank accounts.

I know someone who sued a dry cleaner in small claims court and won. He then obtained an order from the court (I cannot recall the name of this type of order) allowing a marshal to sit in the dry cleaner and confiscate money customers paid for their clothing until the judgment was satisfied. That worked!!

Steady Eddy
02-27-2011, 07:43 AM
I know someone who sued a dry cleaner in small claims court and won. He then obtained an order from the court (I cannot recall the name of this type of order) allowing a marshal to sit in the dry cleaner and confiscate money customers paid for their clothing until the judgment was satisfied. That worked!!
And the local marshal had nothing better to do than to sit in the business and collect money? Who was the marshall, her dad?

GetBetterer
02-27-2011, 08:55 AM
Steady Eddy:
And the local marshal had nothing better to do than to sit in the business and collect money? Who was the marshall, her dad?

http://thepqnation.com/livingwicked/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/810928-lmao_super.jpg
Cindysphinx:
I haven't seen anything so far that says this $3000 was a loan. Eliza didn't mention any repayment terms or even an explicit promise to repay. And of course even if it was a loan, there is a pretty significant proof problem because nothing was in writing.

If the lawyer says she was borrowing it (and it seems eliza is implying that she wanted it paid back from her first post), then it is technically still a loan. The Federal Law the way it is now, states it so too.

Hire a bounty hunter? For what? A bounty hunter can't legally do anything about a debt that has not even resulted in a judgment against this lady yet.

The most you can do is find out where this lady is, serve her with a small claims case, and try to win. Then you can try to collect by doing things like going after her bank accounts.

Bounty Hunters literally hunt down the person and bring them to court and keep them there until the dues are paid. Never seen Dog the Bounty Hunter?

Cindysphinx
02-27-2011, 09:29 AM

Believe it or not, that was the law.

I would bet the marshal wouldn't have to be there more than 10 minutes. Really, if you owed $100 in a small claims court case and a marshal showed up at your business and put his hand into your cash register, wouldn't you pay up immediately.

Cindysphinx
02-27-2011, 09:33 AM
Steady Eddy:

http://thepqnation.com/livingwicked/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/810928-lmao_super.jpg
Cindysphinx:

If the lawyer says she was borrowing it (and it seems eliza is implying that she wanted it paid back from her first post), then it is technically still a loan. The Federal Law the way it is now, states it so too.

Eliza has not once said that she explicitly told this lady the money was a loan and the lady said she promised to pay it back. If Eliza said this, I missed it. And that's kind of important. Any small claims court judge would want Eliza to tell the story -- exactly what was said on this subject.

Bounty Hunters literally hunt down the person and bring them to court and keep them there until the dues are paid. Never seen Dog the Bounty Hunter?

They have a word for people who hunt people down *without benefit of a court order or warrant* and take them someplace they don't want to go. It is called "kidnapping."

r2473
02-27-2011, 09:34 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAD6Obi7Cag

Damn, Fee beat me to it

sureshs
02-27-2011, 09:53 AM

I can, but what will you do for me in return?

GetBetterer
02-27-2011, 11:03 AM
Cindysphinx:
Eliza has not once said that she explicitly told this lady the money was a loan and the lady said she promised to pay it back. If Eliza said this, I missed it. And that's kind of important. Any small claims court judge would want Eliza to tell the story -- exactly what was said on this subject.

Herpa derp I said 'implied' not explicitly.

They have a word for people who hunt people down *without benefit of a court order or warrant* and take them someplace they don't want to go. It is called "kidnapping."

Quoting Wikipedia:
A bounty hunter captures fugitives for a monetary reward (bounty). Other names, mainly used in the United States, include bail enforcement agent, fugitive recovery agent, and bail fugitive investigator. Bounty hunting, and bounty hunters, are legal in only two nations: the United States and the Republic of the Philippines.[1] Other countries do not recognize the concept of bounty hunting and consider it kidnapping, a criminal act. They use law enforcement agencies to recover fugitives accused of crime.

The U.S. (and Phillipines) rarely uses law enforcement compared to other countries (and other countries rarely use it too anyways).

Cindysphinx
02-27-2011, 12:35 PM
^Gah!

**Fugitives.** Bounty hunters hunt fugitives. Eliza's friend is not a fugitive.

That is why I carefully highlighted for you the phrase "without benefit of a court order or warrant." It is the intervention of the criminal court system that causes someone to be labeled a fugitive.

Please, I beg of you, tell me that you understand that you can't up and hire a bounty hunter to track down a friend who might owe you some money.

jswinf
02-27-2011, 12:52 PM
[QUOTE=Cindysphinx;5453274Please, I beg of you, tell me that you understand that you can't up and hire a bounty hunter to track down a friend who might owe you some money.[/QUOTE]

Might want to insert "legally" between "can't" and "up." There are outlaws around.

eliza
02-27-2011, 01:00 PM
Cindy, I wrote on the check, and only b/c I am organized with my taxes. This B....is very crafty, and very well connected, unlike me.
Thus, like I said, sad and hard lesson. But clearly needed.

GetBetterer
02-27-2011, 01:04 PM
Wikipedia:
A fugitive is a person who is fleeing from custody, whether it be from private slavery, a government arrest, government or non-government questioning, vigilante violence, or outraged private individuals.

Cindysphinx
02-27-2011, 01:13 PM
So uh . . . you really think that if you get outraged at someone, you can hire a bounty hunter, who will find the person and forcibly bring them back to you?

Cindysphinx
02-27-2011, 01:13 PM
Cindy, I wrote on the check, and only b/c I am organized with my taxes. This B....is very crafty, and very well connected, unlike me.
Thus, like I said, sad and hard lesson. But clearly needed.

You "wrote on the check." Wrote what?

GetBetterer
02-27-2011, 01:25 PM
Cindysphinx:
So uh . . . you really think that if you get outraged at someone, you can hire a bounty hunter, who will find the person and forcibly bring them back to you?

You do.

**Fugitives.** Bounty hunters hunt fugitives.
Wikipedia:
A fugitive is a person who is fleeing from custody, whether it be from private slavery, a government arrest, government or non-government questioning, vigilante violence, or outraged private individuals.

Dedans Penthouse
02-27-2011, 02:14 PM
Puerto Rico is not really the US, just a US province.^^^^
this

Prior to the 9/11 mass murder (yes, there was an attempt in Dec., 1993 to bring down the World Trade Center--remember the 'blind' shiek?) a "successfully carried out" terrorist attack occured in lower Manhattan, courtesy of the Puerto Rican nationalist group FALN who killed 4 American citizens and injured more than 50 other American citizens at an historic building that served as a prominent edifice during the American Revolutionary War: Fraunces Tavern.

http://www.renewnyc.com/images/ProjectsAndPrograms/fraunces_tavern_museum.JPG

SFrazuer, can you FOR ONCE attempt to refrain how you're so uppity, so "evolved" in talking down to people--ok, so the OP got shafted, spilled milk and all.....but YOUUUUUU??? Nooo, YOU can't help showing how YOUUUUUUU would've never been the victim of such hi-jinks, you being so above-it-all....in so many ways.

That is, when you're not sneering how 'morally superior' you are (in countless other threads on this message board). :rolleyes:

r2473
02-27-2011, 02:31 PM
That might be the biggest pic ever posted on TT.

Dedans Penthouse
02-28-2011, 10:07 AM
^^^^^^^
you're right, my bad (didn't notice the size before posting)

- corrected it -